EVGA

Never again, Newegg

Author
eviljolly
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/30 19:52:13 (permalink)
After weeks of trying and dozens of voided orders due to a checkout system that must have been designed in 1999 and never updated, I finally got my order in for an EVGA GTX 1080 SC Tuesday with Newegg a little before 5pm PST. I even did the rush shipping option because I thought it'd be nice to maybe get the card before the weekend was over. The card didn't ship the next day. I spoke with a Newegg Customer Service agent who assured me that it would ship today (Thursday). Now I go and check and it's still in packaging status, but they've put up this cute little message.

Isn't that totally adorable? Not one e-mail or notification on their site that they're undergoing inventory until now. I heard some rumors on the forums about this, which is specifically why I contacted Newegg, who told me otherwise. 

Now I get an error message of "The controller for path '/ContactUs/Chatpopup' was not found or does not implement IController." when trying to open a Live Chat.

This is after cancelling a May preorder from Amazon. *sigh*  If only I'd managed to get an order in with EVGA. 

21 Replies Related Threads

brentsg
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 197
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 20:07:31 (permalink)
    Yeah and everyone's getting a different story.  Some people have received a promise for some cash back.  Others have received expedited shipping.. etc.  Some are just told nothing can be done.
    diftow
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 20:24:24 (permalink)
    eviljolly
    After weeks of trying and dozens of voided orders due to a checkout system that must have been designed in 1999 and never updated

I burst out laughing, and then thought of this imagining of the internet before the internet, from 1967, prediting what the year 1999 would be like :)
    https://youtu.be/Y0pPfyYtiBc
    Behold, NewEgg.
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1794
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 21:52:11 (permalink)
    That little notice was there when you do the checkout. You probably overlooked it because it was small and place right below the shipping notification. I placed an Order on Wednesday morning and I saw that. I have Shoprunner 2 day shipping but I won't get my light bulbs until Tuesday. Oh well.

brentsg
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 22:32:27 (permalink)
    LFaWolf
    That little notice was there when you do the checkout. You probably overlooked it because it was small and place right below the shipping notification. I placed an Order on Wednesday morning and I saw that. I have Shoprunner 2 day shipping but I won't get my light bulbs until Tuesday. Oh well.

We probably overlooked it because if we didn't check out in 20 seconds we weren't getting a card.  I didn't even correct an address problem, called in later to have them do it.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 23:07:46 (permalink)
    All bent out of shape because newegg dropped the ball.... priceless moment I guess. I'm not surprised to hear, though, that you're done with Newegg. I stopped going there years ago.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/06/30 23:09:23 (permalink)
    I stopped buying from Newegg years ago and will never shop there again. Would never buy a video card from them with the no refund policy. 
    jgonz
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 331
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 02:51:38 (permalink)
    I got my card from Newegg. The only issue was that I paid for 2 day shipping and the card was not delivered in 2 days due to Memorial Day holiday. I did receive my card with in 5 days, and was refunded 1/2 the shipping I paid. All in all no real complaints here.
    alientek
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 02:55:55 (permalink)
    Bo ho you are all crying because you have to wait a couple of days? 
    eviljolly
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 06:24:57 (permalink)
    alientek

Who's crying? I'm warning people about a bad experience so they can avoid it. I'm also venting some frustration. I mean, that's a normal human thing to do in a situation like this, right? 

LFaWolf

It's possible I overlooked it, but the point is moot since the Newegg rep told me my order would ship yesterday. The warning on the Live Chat page was not there until last night, either. I also think that accepting "rush processing' fees in a situation like this, and refusing to refund them is a bit silly. 

chrisdglong
    I stopped buying from Newegg years ago and will never shop there again. Would never buy a video card from them with the no refund policy. 

My last order from them was 2013. I used to order from them all the time before they went totally downhill, but this was purely out of desperation. It was my last chance to demo my Vive to a friend who came in from out of town, which is why I was in such a hurry to get it, so at this point I just feel defeated. I thought a month was surely enough time to get one in my hands, being a loyal and dedicated EVGA consumer. 

Oh well, it comes when it comes at this point. Definitely never going with Newegg again though. They blew their second chance.
    post edited by eviljolly - 2016/07/01 06:27:08
    relevance
    • Total Posts : 91
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 07:31:05 (permalink)
    I understand biannual inventory check can be an hectic for warehouse people but they should also disable or warn customers that their purchase may be delayed due to their tasks. you paid for their guaranteed service, but if they don't honor it, they should refund that guaranteed service fee.

either way, for some reasons (i really don't know why) ever since Paul left newegg I haven't spend money on neweggs as much. also i've seen more jacked up price on ebay than their actual retail web even when their retail page says "out of stock." struck me odd that official page is out of stock but their ebay page has unlimited stocks. (with higher price)

i moved my subscription from newegg to amazon prime and so far, i'm happy with it.
    brentsg
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 07:37:37 (permalink)
    alientek

Clearly nobody should share their experiences on a forum. /s

It's a situation where people expected a cool entertainment product before a holiday weekend when they have time, and they paid a special service fee to get expedited service. If this isn't reason to complain then I don't know what is. Newegg should have suspended their rush fees altogether, as they were just collecting people's money with no intention of following through.

I guess rush in this case is, the people who did not pay it get a week delay instead of half a week.
    post edited by brentsg - 2016/07/01 07:43:23
    Waresdom
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 07:55:08 (permalink)
    Seriously...a couple days?  Some of us can't even get an order in for a new card.  
    eviljolly
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 10:09:17 (permalink)
    Waresdom
    Seriously...a couple days?  Some of us can't even get an order in for a new card.  

It's not about the time, it's about failing expectations.

AngryAce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 867
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 10:43:10 (permalink)
    Waresdom

I know right? The OP should just be happy he has one on the way at this point. I'd gladly be in his spot instead of wondering if my 2 APM is fast enough to checkout time.

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 11:13:53 (permalink)
    eviljolly
    Waresdom

It's not about the time, it's about failing expectations.

Especially, when you can just shop at Amazon and have a MUCH better experience with the company. 
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 11:27:14 (permalink)
    My order from Newegg (GTX1080 FTW) shipped out the same day, i was shocked. Received the card today, registered it and purchased 5yr warranty extension for it.

Hurikane71
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 12:57:52 (permalink)
    I have been a long time Newegg user. I have always had great service from them. So last week I ordered all my parts for my new PC and they arrived Monday morning. Needless to say I was super excited and started checking everything out and visions of my build in my head. I double checked the order list and low and behold my Cpu wasn't in the box. My heart sank and much frustration welled up inside. I called Newegg and explained it all and the guy said they would Get replacement paperwork going and it could be 3 to 5 business days til it was approved then they would ship me a new Cpu. (I could have asked for a refund, bought a new cpu and had it shipped overnight but cpu I ordered wasn't on sale (30 bucks off) any more and overnight shipping would have been 20 bucks or so. Amazingly my replacement was OK'd and the next day they shipped my new cpu out and I received it on Thursday. Today I am typing this with my brand new PC up and running. Mistakes happen, sometimes there are delays while I think Amazon are great good luck getting a gpu from them before Newegg as their pre order situation truly sucks. Newegg made good on their mistake and I am happy it was resolved so quickly. Yea I had to wait a few days to build my PC but mistakes happen. YMMV
    hehehippie
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 173
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 13:18:20 (permalink)
    i, sometimes, question the average age of this forum's members because i see/read a whole lot of crying on here.

the thing about logistics is that there is never a 100% guarantee because things just happen sometimes. like others have said, u should feel fortunate to even have gotten your hands on a 1080 because i'm sure there are hundreds/thousands of guys that would be happy to take your spot. it took me 3 weeks of losing sleep to finally get my MSI Founders Edition from Amazon and about a month after release to finally score on my Asus 1080 Strix OC.

i know how u feel about being disappointed because i was trying to get my Founders Edition card before Father's Day to be able to show my family the new PC i just built. i'm an Amazon Prime member and placed my order for it on June 16th. i even paid the extra $8 bucks for 1-day shipping. i didn't even get my GPU until the 22nd, but it is what it is.

i got a text from nowinstock.net last Saturday the 25th that Newegg had some Asus Strix OC 1080's in stock and immediately hit the link. i was so damn ecstatic when my order went through. i wasn't really in any rush because my FE was performing very well already, so i just picked the cheapest shipping option. to my surprise, Newegg shipped my card out that same day (the 25th) and i received my Asus 1080 Strix OC on Tuesday the 28th. that's only 2 business days if u don't count Sunday. patience is a virtue.

Snow White: NZXT Switch 810 case, Intel 6700k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Z170 Deluxe MoBo, NZXT Kraken x61, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000 with Light Bar Kit, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, SeaSonic Snow Silent 750w PSU, Windows 10 Pro, (4) Noctua fans, Dell U3415W Ultrawide Monitor @ 80Hz, Corsair Strafe RGB Silent, Corsair SP2500 2.1 System, White CableMod Kit, EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid - EK Vardar F4-120ER (black cable) on the radiator
    badboy64
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 921
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 13:47:25 (permalink)
    I never have any problem with newegg as I always chose next day shipping and it usually gets to me the next day unless it is a holiday when I got my 2 1080. Which happen to be memorial day weekend. Loyal customer for over 10+ years and never really had any issues with them.

14th Intel® Core™ i9 14900KF CPU 3.2GHz@6.0ghz, Memory 2x24GB GSkill Trident Z Trident Z5 7200 mhz DDR5 Ram,4,000 GB MSI M480 PRO 4TB , Motherboard eVga 690 Dark , Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, Msi Suprim X24G 4090, Monitor Acer CG437K, Logitech G910, Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition, Thermaltake View 91 RGB plus, eVga 1600w P2 PSU, Custom watercooling.
    Speed Way  Score 11,055 points.
    https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1112818
    eviljolly
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 18:39:17 (permalink)
    hehehippie
    u should feel fortunate to even have gotten your hands on a 1080 because i'm sure there are hundreds/thousands of guys that would be happy to take your spot.

Maybe I've been jaded by the business world, where you're expected to deliver things as promised or people get upset. Simply getting a chance to buy an item that's low in stock doesn't excuse poor business practices of a vendor. You can be happy about one thing, but upset about another. 

I know I'd get chewed out if I did something like this to my customers. Newegg has been doing this a long time, and should have an automated system that notifies users when there will be a delay, especially if they have prior knowledge to the cause. This is yearly inventory, I mean c'mon.

We're not talking about a delivery truck that caught fire, an natural disaster, or something out of their control. This is something totally predictable, that they had marked on their calendar far in advance. Their e-mail system should be configured to include notifications in all outgoing e-mails for orders. Their agents should be properly informed of the situation so that they don't set incorrect expectations for customers for a second time. 

But ok, yes, I'm glad I finally got a card ordered. I just wish I could have managed to get one directly from EVGA. 
    brentsg
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Never again, Newegg 2016/07/01 20:58:12 (permalink)
    Yeah it's the expectation, and the fact that they were collecting the rush processing fees with people, while absolutely knowing that they weren't going to do it. It's only $3 each, but it's a bad look imo.

Yeah, so it's going to take Newegg 9 days to get my card to me, with rush processing, etc. If I hadn't been traveling yesterday when all the cards popped up at EVGA, I'd be refusing delivery. I also purchased 3 months of Premier for purposes of a new system build. That's a waste now because no way I buy anything else there. Stuff happens, but when a customer calls and gives you the opportunity to make it right, you don't refuse. You especially don't refuse when you are making it right for some customers, but not others.
    post edited by brentsg - 2016/07/02 07:11:32
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile