Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN

Author
Bowl4two
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/01 22:57:53 (permalink)
Hi,
I purchased an EVGA 780 Ti Kingpin and it was defective on arrival missing the white switch that changes between normal and Ln2 mode and was also crashing. So I RMA'd with EVGA and they sent me a brand new 780 Ti Kingpin which has the switch but it is also crashing. When it crashes my screen goes black and 3 out of the 5 white LED lights on the video card disappear leaving only 2 left that are still lit. The video card never recovers, the screen stays black, and I am forced to reboot. I contacted EVGA asking them what this is all about because its taken 2 months to get the product I ordered in the first place and it has the same problems. They can't even tell me what the 5 white LED indicator codes mean. I know that when all 5 are on that means everything is fine but the manual never mentions what it means when any of the lights go out and EVGA tech support can't even answer that for me. So now EVGA is asking me to RMA the video card AGAIN. How the hell do they expect me to cover all these shipping costs and not to mention it has already taken 2 months to get my second video card when I should have had a working one when I ordered it back on April 10th. Can somebody please help me with this? I have attempted a lot of troubleshooting but can't figure it out and EVGA tech support has no clue what they are doing apparently because they think having me dish out more time and money for an RMA that failed the first time is the only solution. The only thing I have figured out about this situation is that if I go into EVGA precision X and set the temperature target to 60C prioritized in "linked mode" with power target around 45% the card will rarely crash (happened once). But once the temperature target is raised to around 70C in "linked mode" with power target over 55-60% the card will crash no matter what whenever I try to open games or play games. Any help would be appreciated.
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
CPU: AMD Fx 8350 (black edition)
CPU water cooling: Corsair H100
Ram: 16GB
Power Supply: RaidMax 835watt

post edited by Bowl4two - 2014/07/01 23:03:23

27 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/01 23:46:00 (permalink)
    Bowl4two
    Hi,
    I purchased an EVGA 780 Ti Kingpin and it was defective on arrival missing the white switch that changes between normal and Ln2 mode and was also crashing. So I RMA'd with EVGA and they sent me a brand new 780 Ti Kingpin which has the switch but it is also crashing. When it crashes my screen goes black and 3 out of the 5 white LED lights on the video card disappear leaving only 2 left that are still lit. The video card never recovers, the screen stays black, and I am forced to reboot. I contacted EVGA asking them what this is all about because its taken 2 months to get the product I ordered in the first place and it has the same problems. They can't even tell me what the 5 white LED indicator codes mean. I know that when all 5 are on that means everything is fine but the manual never mentions what it means when any of the lights go out and EVGA tech support can't even answer that for me. So now EVGA is asking me to RMA the video card AGAIN. How the hell do they expect me to cover all these shipping costs and not to mention it has already taken 2 months to get my second video card when I should have had a working one when I ordered it back on April 10th. Can somebody please help me with this? I have attempted a lot of troubleshooting but can't figure it out and EVGA tech support has no clue what they are doing apparently because they think having me dish out more time and money for an RMA that failed the first time is the only solution. The only thing I have figured out about this situation is that if I go into EVGA precision X and set the temperature target to 60C prioritized in "linked mode" with power target around 45% the card will rarely crash (happened once). But once the temperature target is raised to around 70C in "linked mode" with power target over 55-60% the card will crash no matter what whenever I try to open games or play games. Any help would be appreciated.
    Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
    CPU: AMD Fx 8350 (black edition)
    CPU water cooling: Corsair H100
    Ram: 16GB
    Power Supply: RaidMax 835watt

Do you have another power supply you can test with?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/01 23:59:44 (permalink)
    No I do not. My other power supply does not have 3 PCI-E chords that the 780 Ti Kingpin needs. I had just bought this RaidMax 835watt power supply a month before buying the Kingpin so it is pretty much new. I found out that the 5 led indicator light code mean the following:
    GPU LED - shows voltage health for the GPU.
    MEM LED - shows voltage health for graphics memory. 
    PLL LED - shows voltage health for auxiliary PCIe/PLL voltage rail.
    +3.3V LED - shows voltage health for onboard +3.3V power input from motherboard.
    +12V LED - shows voltage health for +12V power input from PSU.
    When the crash happens only 2 led lights are lit. This is what it looks like; x x x 0 0 (x = off; 0 = lit).
    I still don't know what order the list reads in though so I am not sure how to diagnose this.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 00:13:02 (permalink)
    Bowl4two
    No I do not. My other power supply does not have 3 PCI-E chords that the 780 Ti Kingpin needs. I had just bought this RaidMax 835watt power supply a month before buying the Kingpin so it is pretty much new. I found out that the 5 led indicator light code mean the following:
    +3.3V LED - shows voltage health for onboard +3.3V power input from motherboard.
    When the crash happens only 2 led lights are lit. This is what it looks like; x x x 0 0 (x = off; 0 = lit).
    I still don't know what order the list reads in though so I am not sure how to diagnose this.

Considering they are all for voltage,  it's pretty much telling you that you have an issue with voltage. If you have had two GPUs that are having the same issue, then it leads one to suspect something else may be the cause of the crashing. That doesn't mean it is your power supply, but you should try to rule it out first if you can. another indicator is that when you limit the power the GPU is drawing from your PSU, you crash with less frequency.

This image here tells you which LED is for what. From left to right they are   GPU, MEM, PLL, 3.3v and 12v

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 00:20:53 (permalink)
    Do you have any suggestions of how I could go about testing this? It sounds like it is the power supply that is the problem but if it wasn't the power supply what else could it be and is there any methods that can pin point the problem or tell me if my power supply is either bad or if 835 watts just isn't enough to power my computer? I really though  835 watts was enough but I've never been the best when it comes to dealing with this type of problem. Oh, and I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for in the picture you provided. Thanks a lot for helping me, especially this late at night.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 00:35:11 (permalink)
    Make sure the voltage dipswitches on the back are both in the off position, and that you aren't overclocking anything. Test the card out, at full stock everything, and make sure you are on the normal Bios.

Also, post your full system specs as well. The LEDs shutting off is definitely a voltage issue. If you have sound cards, or anything else drawing power, try removing that.

You posted the PSU, but I have never heard of it before and I also am not sure what rating it is, but if it isn't gold, it may be part of the reason behind the shut down.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 00:39:10 (permalink)
    Bowl4two
    Do you have any suggestions of how I could go about testing this? It sounds like it is the power supply that is the problem but if it wasn't the power supply what else could it be and is there any methods that can pin point the problem or tell me if my power supply is either bad or if 835 watts just isn't enough to power my computer? I really though  835 watts was enough but I've never been the best when it comes to dealing with this type of problem. Oh, and I'm not sure exactly what I am looking for in the picture you provided. Thanks a lot for helping me, especially this late at night.

The 835 watts should be enough. However once in awhile you get a dud.  In the picture, the LEDS are on the top left. If you're using Fire Fox you can right click and select view image and zoom in on the image to see the label on each LED. As for your other question, if you have a multimeter, you should be able to measure the +12 volts on the PCIe power cables going to the GPU to see if the voltage is dropping under load. At the very worst it should not drop below 11.4v. You should ideally see the voltage stay very close to 12v, around 11.9v or better. Another thing that some folks miss is the outlet you have your PC connected to. What all is on the same circuit? How many amps is the circuit rated for? And last, are you using any kind of UPS for power protection/surge, and what rating is it?
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2014/07/02 00:42:09

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 00:42:32 (permalink)
    It could be a PSU fault.

If you haven't tried it also try a fresh uninstall and reinstall of the video card drivers. Ensure your motherboard has the latest BIOs installed and that you have the latest motherboard chipset drivers installed. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 01:11:31 (permalink)
    Okay so I will first answer Scarlet and then Heavy and then both of you at the same time.
    Scarlet:
    What are the voltage dipswitches? Is that on the video card? And wouldn't they be off when I received the card because I didn't know they existed so I didn't touch them. Also, the card is not overclocked at all; I haven't been able to overclock it because of this problem and the fact that I had to RMA the first card and received the second card with the same problems just a couple days ago after waiting 2 months. What other specs do you need? Also, this is the psu I bought from newegg: 
    Heavy:
    I'll need to look for my multimeter and I have my PSU plugged into a power strip with a bunch of others things on it so maybe that could be a problem. I'll try to plug it in directly to the wall outlet in the morning when I get back from the gym.
    To both of you:
    Also, I got this response back from EVGA tech support after sending them a picture of the 2 LED lights out of 5 on during the crash but I don't know what to think about it because they are saying the opposite of what you both are saying: 
    "Hello, 
    At this point, it sounds like the card has failed, but to be sure, you could try installing it in another system and see if the symptoms continue there. The LED lights that remain lit indicate that the card is receiving system power and power from the motherboard, but not distributing the power to the other parts of the card.
    I see that the RMA that has been requested for you has been flagged for additional testing so it'll be tested and benched thoroughly before it ships out to you."
    This is what the 5 LED lights indicate (if they are on that is good; if they are off that is bad)
    So from the picture I sent them they are concluding that since the first 3 lights are off and the last 2 are on then that means the card is receiving system power and power from the motherboard but it is not distrubuting the power to the other parts of the card. I can understand what they are saying because the voltage for GPU is out, the voltage for GPU health is out, but the voltage for auxiliary PCIe/PLL voltage rail being out is something I have a question about. Does this one mean the GPU is at fault or the PSU is at fault?
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 01:43:56 (permalink)
    It is my understanding that tech support from EVGA has offered you a solution via email

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 02:44:45 (permalink)
    The switch absolutely should be off, but check it just in case. They are on the back of the card. There should be markers on the backplate to show you where they are. I do not own one, so I can't explain perfectly.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 02:47:24 (permalink)
    I'm not sure in quality of Raidmax PSU. Special for such strong card. My Seasonic X-750 can deliver 750W 100% and fan spin as crazy when I'm play Crysis or 3DMark 11 test or some other newer games. In Serbia people usually buy Raidmax PSU but never for something as GTX780, R9-290X, Titan and similar things. I didn't read to much about them because I don't need but I hear from experienced people that they don't recommend for strong rigs because can't deliver perfectly clean power and can't deliver same power as on specification. I'm not sure and about all hardware protections if they die as more expensive PSU. Simple for such card anything under 130-140$ is not recommended. Even more 150-160$ but not EVGA offer their 850W and I think that's enough, 750W I would install only on reference GK110. Best way is to ask people on Johnny Guru forum exactly about model of PSU, they will tell you manufacturer exactly and maybe something more. 
    And even you have and second K|NGP|N Classified, that's AMD FX8350. For you 1000W recommended. Branded.
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/07/02 02:54:04

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

rchapman45
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 07:40:38 (permalink)
    Make sure your PSU is delivering a minimum of 42A on the 12v rail. All 700 series Nvidia cards require minimum 42A, the Kinpin may actually be more with the amount od power it requires. If it is not supplying 42A then that is likely your issue. Even if it is I am betting you have a power issue somewhere and that is causing your power crash. It is not impossible but very likely poasible you have recieved two bad cardsback to back doing the same thing. But Im sure stranger things have happened. Lastly, not trying to knock it but that cpu/board is'nt gona give you the full performance of what that cars can do. There will be some bottlenecking going on.

i7 4790k @ 4.6gHz
    EVGA Z97 Classified (for now ?!)
    EVGA 780ti
    Corsair Vengeance 1600mHz 16gb
    EVGA Supernova G2 1300w
    Samsung 840 Pro 128gb (x2)
    Seagate Barracuda 500gb
    Windows 7 (64bit)
    Alpahacool / Heatkiller custom water cool loop

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 4893
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 10:08:26 (permalink)
    Bowl4two, is this the PSU you are running?  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152048
    If so, I am not sure what OEM components are used in this so I cannot vouch for the quality, however I would not recommend a Bronze on a KPE card.  At stock clocks they will pull power like any other 780, however when you do get around to clocking that PSU will hold you back if you get aggressive, if you can keep them cool they will pull power at a jaw dropping rate, there is a reason these cards hold some world records. 
    With one card with the issues you had, they are tested, but I can see a card failing, however being that you have an identical issue, I would look long and hard at that PSU.  Of course I would recommend an EVGA PSU, but so this does *NOT* sound like a shameless plug for more of our hardware, Seasonic and Corsair are both VERY good viable options as well, if this were my card with 2 identical issues, I would start with testing a different PSU.
    rchapman45
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 10:29:31 (permalink)
    I have an EVGA 1300w and run a 780ti, i7 4790k @ 4.6gHz on a Z97 Classified. With the bigger psu I can now run my EVGA 780ti @ 1270mHz stable. It makes some crazy FPS at this clock speed...I need it for my triple 144hz displays. Many have told me I wasted $ buying such a big psu but like I learned racing karts/cars at a young age...you can always have to little power and have issues...but more power never hurts :-)

i7 4790k @ 4.6gHz
    EVGA Z97 Classified (for now ?!)
    EVGA 780ti
    Corsair Vengeance 1600mHz 16gb
    EVGA Supernova G2 1300w
    Samsung 840 Pro 128gb (x2)
    Seagate Barracuda 500gb
    Windows 7 (64bit)
    Alpahacool / Heatkiller custom water cool loop

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 11:39:43 (permalink)
    People talk about Andyson as manufacturer of 850W.
    Anyway people should ask, forum are made because of that to people learn to separate good from not so good.
    Many times people decide to pay Raidmax or similar PSU 700-800W power instead of some 500-600W brand.
    But at the end stronger and cheaper on paper can't deliver 100W under specification clean power. 
    EVGA 1000G2 shouldn't be expensive for people who buy K|NGP|N Classified and special when very important thing is and I see that later - CPU FX 8350. Overclocked on 4.6-4.7GHz power consumption is close to 400W
    (fair less than 8150 because he is absolutely insane power eater).
    Even in idle such OC I think power consumption is close to 180-200W.
    And it's better to OC him for such excellent and powerful graphic card.
    You have fastest GTX780Ti on market now only some nice PSU and better to cover self with 1KW.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 13:44:15 (permalink)
    Thank you all so much for all the responses; I just got back from work today and I plan to take a long hard look at this PSU. Is it possible someone can give me step by step tips on how to test the PSU to see if it is the problem. I don't know how to tell if it is dropping below 12v rail. Any step by step methods with pictures if possible would be a huge help and again thank you for all the help everybody!
    Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 16:24:37 (permalink)
    Hey again everybody! I think I just fixed it! So it turns out I am a complete idiot as usual. Anyways apparently my Power Supply (RaidMax 835w 80Plus Bronze) is able to run my computer after all. I spent hours looking on the internet thinking I would have to buy a new power supply but when I couldn't find anything helpful to figure out how to fix the problem I went back through all my computer part boxes and found my Power Supply box. I read the back and it said it came with two 8 pin PCI-E chords capable of plugging in two (6+2 pins) each so that made four (6+2 pins) total spread out between 2 separate cords. I had only been using one 8 pin PCI-E cord plugged into my PSU and had attached the second 8 pin PCI-E cord onto the first PCI-E cord using a bunch of attachments that came with the 780 Ti Kingpin. I realized that I didn't need to do that in order to plug in 3 (6+2 pins) into the video card and that I had never used the second 8 pin PCI-E slot on the PSU. So I untangled everything and plugged in both 8 pin PCI-E cords into my PSU (my PSU only lets me plug in two 8 pin PCI-E cords directly into the PSU) and connected two (6+2 pins) using one 8 pin PCI-E cord and one (6 pin) with the other cord directly into the graphics card. When I had finished I turned on my computer thinking this was stupid and that it wouldn't fix anything but in the end I realized I was stupid because it ended up fixing the problem. I am assuming this has something to do with the PSU's 12v rails and that I wasn't distributing the power evenly so when my card tried to power up it was only receiving half the power hence why I could only play games using the video cards target power at 45%. I think this fixed the problem because I did a stress test using the video cards default settings and it actually worked. I wasn't able to run the video card at default settings before because it would always crash and I would be forced to reboot. Anyways, I hope this fixed the problem for good. Regardless of all this I am still going to upgrade my PSU sometime in the next few weeks to something with higher wattage and a Gold Plus or higher efficiency rating so I can overclock my 780 Ti Kingpin. I will try playing some games tonight to see if this quick fix did indeed work. Thank you to everyone who helped me and I will post updates on how the video card is running in a couple of hours. If you guys have any suggestions for a really good Power Supply please let me know because I am looking for a reliable one to buy; I would like it to be 1000 watts or higher and have a Gold plus efficiency rating or higher. Thanks!
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/02 18:51:32 (permalink)
    LOL, the simplest things. Glad you got it figured out pretty quick. Always a good idea to post a pictures so we can see everything going on, because I would have NEVER thought about the attachments to spread out the load over one PCI cable. Will think of this next time it happens :-) glad you got it bud.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/03 07:51:32 (permalink)
    Thanks god everything is OK.

If you want to listen me for PSU Newegg sell for 199$ -20$ (175$) EVGA 1000P2 Platinum Standard. PSU i KILLER with 10 years warranty, 9.7 of 10 score on Johnny Guru site. Maximum performance score, five star from customers experience and people there mostly came when some problem show up or when something amaze them. 30 five star and only 1 for every other. You will get same quality or better as they sell for 250$. For me that's at the moment best 1000W offer. With Eco Control System.
    price/performance/warranty/cable options BEST! 

http://youtu.be/GawZiHmddTc

Because single sleeve cables in 4 colors. 
    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-CK-1300-B9
    http://www.evga.com/Produ...aspx?pn=100-CR-1300-B9

1000/1200P2 with black sleeve cables or white sleeve cables look sick inside PC.
    I would like to see only your face when unbox and compare with Raidmax.

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/03 08:01:29 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    Thanks god everything is OK.

If you want to listen me for PSU Newegg sell for 199$ -20$ (175$) EVGA 1000P2 Platinum Standard. PSU i KILLER with 10 years warranty, 9.7 of 10 score on Johnny Guru site. Maximum performance score, five star from customers experience and people there mostly came when some problem show up or when something amaze them. 30 five star and only 1 for every other. You will get same quality or better as they sell for 250$. For me that's at the moment best 1000W offer. With Eco Control System.
    price/performance/warranty/cable options BEST! 

Because single sleeve cables in 4 colors. 

1000/1200P2 with black sleeve cables or white sleeve cables look sick inside PC.
    I would like to see only your face when unbox and compare with Raidmax.

That does look badass. I also saw this one but I'm not sure how it would compare to the one you just showed me. I think EVGA has this one on sale for 179.99. Is this one any good and how do you think it compares to the one you presented?  www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=120-G2-1300-XR
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/03 08:27:11 (permalink)
    They are same quality only different class, G2 is Gold Standard, and P2 is Platinum.
    Gold Power Supplies are absolutely enough and with 1300G2 you don't lose nothing. You will have really lot of space.
    Here experts test power supplies to the last details, every rail, idle, load, efficiency, everything and at the end give score.
    Anything above 9.0 is excellent. Most important is Performance score and all EVGA G2/P2 line have  Maximum, 10.
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=349

1000G2-1300G2 and 1000P2-1200P2 you can freely to choose what is easiest fastest and cheapest for you.
    1000P2 from my link is less powerful but higher efficiency (3-4%) than from your link.
    Both have same warranty and compatible with sleeve cables.

You can look here is 1300G2 from your link, as you see package, cables in bag, PSU protection everything is inside same.
    Only difference is on G2 series No ECO Switch as on P2 series (Thermal Control System Switch allow you to disable fan during low operation, but fan will start to work again if PSU became warmer and increase speed during higher load).

http://youtu.be/Bsdi4EEC868
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/07/03 08:37:32

Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/03 12:12:39 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    They are same quality only different class, G2 is Gold Standard, and P2 is Platinum.
    Gold Power Supplies are absolutely enough and with 1300G2 you don't lose nothing. You will have really lot of space.
    Here experts test power supplies to the last details, every rail, idle, load, efficiency, everything and at the end give score.
    Anything above 9.0 is excellent. Most important is Performance score and all EVGA G2/P2 line have  Maximum, 10.

1000G2-1300G2 and 1000P2-1200P2 you can freely to choose what is easiest fastest and cheapest for you.
    1000P2 from my link is less powerful but higher efficiency (3-4%) than from your link.
    Both have same warranty and compatible with sleeve cables.

You can look here is 1300G2 from your link, as you see package, cables in bag, PSU protection everything is inside same.
    Only difference is on G2 series No ECO Switch as on P2 series (Thermal Control System Switch allow you to disable fan during low operation, but fan will start to work again if PSU became warmer and increase speed during higher load).

What are the benefits of having the eco switch? I generally run all my fans on max 100% regardless of what I am doing but I turn off my computer when I'm not using it. What are the upsides of having the eco switch, are there any downsides of having it, and are there any downsides of not having it? Thanks for the input; really appreciate it.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/03 15:59:06 (permalink)
    Example if some people are very often on net, look movies, keep PC in idle, listen music, or they are in house, but not always near PC and such things they can Enable Eco Mode, but fan will start to work if need. Depend of temperature inside and load.  
    Something similar I think first install Seasonic on their X series Gold in 2009-20109(fan start to work only when need) but it was not work perfectly because in many cases PSU is very hot and fan not spin at all and no option to customers enable fan to work always as on EVGA P2. Later and Seasonic on their Platinum units install similar thing as Hybrid Fan and because in some cases PSU case work as heatsink and ambient temps can increase because of that.
    And with Hybrid Fan customer can enable fan to spin no matter on load and temp. 
    You will be fine and with Gold PSU, now I see he  1000G2 have unbeatable price of Newegg of 169$ - 20$ = 149$.
    That's really nice offer for 1KW PSU. 

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...x?Item=N82E16817438010

I look and for myself PSU should work with similar power consumption as your GTX780Ti KPE Classy + Intel Extreme.
    I hope 1KW is enough even if I find i7-5960X for 500e and decide to buy that and OC little.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/07/03 16:19:24

tvk1372
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/23 12:40:08 (permalink)
    Hello!
    I have a question of this kingpin "KING" card!
    Is this a limited edition card or I can buy this at next year in january  ?
    I write because I find something strange of this card in the evga site:  "Limit 2 per household"
    Thanks for the help!

post edited by tvk1372 - 2014/07/23 12:43:00
    Bowl4two
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/23 14:48:35 (permalink)
    tvk1372
    Hello!
    I have a question of this kingpin "KING" card!
    Is this a limited edition card or I can buy this at next year in january  ?
    I write because I find something strange of this card in the evga site:  "Limit 2 per household"
    Thanks for the help!

It says 2 per house hold only because they don't make as many 780 Ti Kingpin's as they would a regular 780 Ti Classified. I think it should still be for sale for the rest of the year but I do not know for sure. I picked up my 780 Ti Kingpin back in April of this year and I love it but you should only get it if you are going to do some serious overclocking with aftermarket cooling because if you are not going to then you should just get a regular 780 Ti Classified. Just my two cents; hope you find it helpful.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2014/07/23 14:48:59 (permalink)
    It's not limited edition official but no unlimited quantity.
    Anyway I think you will be able to find card but in that time something newer will be available.

Quakx
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Need help with EVGA 780 Ti KINGPIN 2017/11/12 05:29:08 (permalink)
    Hi, some years later... i got the 780 TI Kingpin and have the same problem with the LEDs   i got an 850 Watts PSU, but connectet Propperly.  Overwatch is working Fine on 100% Power,   but games like The Division or Player unknown Battlegrounds get the game to crash. Sometimes with the 3 LEDs stuff.

i now Baught a 1600 Wats PSU from EVGA maybe it will solve the problem
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile