EVGA

NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18917
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2016/05/31 13:31:27 (permalink)

Ugh, another reason to dislike NYC:

..The incident began when police said Earl Nash, 43, illegally entered the couple’s apartment on Washington Avenue near East 168th Street at around 9:25 p.m. on Monday.
His wife said she thought her son was home when she heard pounding on the front door around 9 p.m. She was greeted instead by the crazed Nash, who forced his way inside and started dropping his pants.
“I’ll give you money,” the wife said.
“I don’t wan’t money,” Nash replied. “I’m going to rape you.”
Once inside, Nash allegedly struck Nenegale Diallo, 51, in the head before forcibly removing her clothing, according to police.
The wife told The News that Nash tore off all her clothes and bashed her repeatedly in the head with a chair as she fought for her life.
She was able to break free and call her husband, who was outside the building, on his cell phone, the NYPD said.
“While it was going on, I was thinking I was going to die,” Mrs Nenegale Diallo said about the ordeal that left her naked and terrified in the hallway.
The woman’s husband, identified as 61-year-old Mamadou Diallo, took the elevator to the sixth floor — and when the doors opened, he spied Nash standing in the hallway.
“I see my husband, I say, ‘That’s him! Don’t let him out!’” the wife told The News.
Diallo and Nash began brawling, leaving blood in the hallway and the elevator. Sources said Nash beat Diallo with a belt as the husband bashed him in the head and body with the tire iron.
Diallo’s brother insisted that Nash instigated the lethal brawl.
“The guy punched him, he started fighting,” Ibrahima Diallo, 52, told the Daily News. “... This man said he’s gonna kill him, kill his family.”
Nash was taken to a hospital in critical condition, and later succumbed to his injuries, according to the NYPD.

The husband is now being charged with manslaughter, facing 5 to 25 years in prison.   

Nash was paroled from prison on July 20, 2015. His most recent arrest was May 14, 2016, for aggravated harassment, sources said.
His previous arrests included drugs, arson, unlawful imprisonment, robbery and assault. In one particularly heinous 2003 case, he pleaded guilty to unlawful imprisonment for holding a 17-year-old girl captive for two days. Authorities charged that the teen was sexually abused, stabbed and beaten — suffering a black eye, lacerations and a dislocated shoulder.

This guy should have been exterminated years ago.

The husband should be given a friggin medal, not thrown in jail! This just makes me sick to my stomach.

links:
http://www.newsday.com/news/new-york/attempted-rape-suspect-beaten-to-death-by-victim-s-husband-nypd-says-1.11860499
more detailed:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/bronx-man-beats-would-be-rapist-attacked-wife-death-article-1.2655389

post edited by Nereus - 2016/05/31 14:23:04

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

46 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 14:22:06 (permalink)
    Wow ...
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 14:22:19 (permalink)
    Yup, say hello to being pc and embracing the agenda and where it gets us as a society...

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    bdary
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10330
    • Ribbons : 116
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 14:35:00 (permalink)
    +1.   The husband should be given a friggin medal, not thrown in jail! This just makes me sick to my stomach.

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 15:29:59 (permalink)
    Being charged and being found guilty are two different things. The citizens of NYC should do the right thing, find that person not guilty. If you break into or forced your way into another person home, you better be willing to forfeit your life, if you try to harm anyone.

Someone should buy that man a beer, he just saved other woman of NYC from being a victim, he also saved tax payers over 30k a year housing/finding that scumbag.
    RandyRick
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 446
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 16:33:34 (permalink)
    Thats why I love Texas. 
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 16:48:48 (permalink)
    MSim
    Being charged and being found guilty are two different things. The citizens of NYC should do the right thing, find that person not guilty. If you break into or forced your way into another person home, you better be willing to forfeit your life, if you try to harm anyone.

Someone should buy that man a beer, he just saved other woman of NYC from being a victim, he also saved tax payers over 30k a year housing/finding that scumbag.

In NYC, Manslaughter 1 carries a mandatory 5 years minimum and up to 25 years maximum jail term. For Manslaughter 2, it's 1-15 years mandatory. Sure the jury can recommend leniency, but the letter of the law is what it is. There is a mandatory minimum jail term. Did he kill someone? Yes. Was it intentional? Arguably not - which is why it's a manslaughter charge and not a murder charge. Judge has final say on how long the sentence is, but again, the law is the law and there is the minimum mandatory jail term, unless there was some doubt he killed the guy at all, and there is no doubt of that. Happens all the time. That is what is so stupid about NY law in that situation - there is no 'stand your ground' law here. That's what you get living in a strongly 'progressive' state.

Regarding the self-defense claim, it's termed "justification” in NYC, meaning when a person uses self-defense as their defense in this kind of case, he is admitting that he did commit the act, but that he was justified in doing so.

In NYC, you are allowed to attack your attacker as long as you are only using physical force. However, the law is different if you are going to use “deadly physical force.” Deadly physical force is defined as “physical force which, under the circumstances in which it is used, is readily capable of causing death or other serious physical injury.” This applies in this case.

First, you can only use deadly physical force when you subjectively believe (and the belief is objectively reasonable) that deadly physical force is being used on you. That probably would not fly in this case.. the rapist was fighting with his belt and hands, the husband was using a tire iron to the head.

Second, and more importantly in this case, you cannot use deadly physical force if you can retreat to complete safety (hence no stand your ground in NYC), so that also will not fly in this case - the husband came into the building specifically to confront the rapist.

The duty to retreat, however, does not apply in a situation in which you are in your home. This is called the “castle doctrine.” The doctrine stems from the idea that your home is your castle and you should be able to defend it if necessary without having to run away, however, the fight took place outside the apartment in the corridor, and then in the elevator, so this is common area, not private home, and also could suggest the rapist was trying to get away, so again, self-defense will not fly in this case in NYC either.

Absolutely ridiculous? Damn right it is, but that is the letter of the law, and that is why this hero will very likely get at least 1 year in jail - at least. Criminal Law is clearly defined, there is no interpretation of it - that would be civil law. This will go before a Grand Jury first who will decide if the case has merit enough to be prosecuted. It does. The rapist died, the husband caused it, therefore there is grounds for trial.

The ONLY hope this guy has is if the District Attorney's Office declines to prosecute... and that's not likely - they will let Grand Jury decide that, and Grand Jury has no choice but to send it to trial under the letter of the law.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/05/31 17:04:17

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

NordicJedi
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 12570
    • Ribbons : 77
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 18:19:09 (permalink)
    There's a lot that isn't covered in either news story, and likely because they just don't have information.  I think most people would be sympathetic towards a man defending his wife, but the problem is that he went way too far, from the sound of it.  Although it's speculation, my reading of the situation is that the deceased was already leaving the apartment by the time the husband got there, and not in the act of sexual assault (based on what's printed in the article).  The husband was obviously upset, so he started fighting with the deceased.  Since the deceased was just trying to get out of there, he retreated to the elevator.

At this point, the husband had some choices to make.  If the deceased was still the aggressor, then he had a right to defend himself.  If the deceased was trying to run, then the husband didn't really have a right to pursue and injure the deceased, unless he had a reasonable belief that he or his wife were still in imminent danger.  On a side-note, if the husband pursued him to make a citizen's arrest, that would likely be fine, but it continued to escalate (no pun intended).

When it comes to self-defense laws, as Nereus pointed out to an extent, you have to actively be in the position to be defending someone else or yourself from imminent danger.  You are allowed to use as much force as the assailant is using, so if he pulls out a belt, you cannot pull out a gun instead, except to warn or threaten him away.  Likewise, if the attacker is attempting to withdraw, you do not have a right to continue to go after him.  The law, after all, is designed to encourage de-escalation of a situation.  In legal analyses, you'd be looking at every move parties made during the encounter, as the person labeled as the aggressor can flip in an instant.  Regardless, the aggressor label (not a legal term) really has more to do with the ability to raise a defense later on.  e.g.  You can't throw a beer bottle at a guy, wait for him to break it and come at you, only so you can pull out your gun and shoot him and claim self-defense.  That won't fly.

Bringing us back to the elevator, however, the police have video of the entire incident (or at least in the elevator).  You know that the last thing they want to do is arrest a guy who defended his wife from a serial criminal (if you want some cynicism, how about not wanting to do more paperwork).  That suggests something more happened here.  If I had to speculate, my guess is that a tire iron proved to be a bit too forceful for a guy wailing around with a belt, and at some point the husband connected hard enough to put him down and unconscious.  If it stopped there, it probably means that the husband, at worst, is looking at an assault/battery charge w/ a deadly weapon, possibly, or they may not file the enhancement charge given the situation.  It may even just be considered self-defense.

My guess?  It probably didn't stop there.  Given the charges, there's probably video showing that after the deceased was put down, the husband continued to wail away at the deceased's head, unabated, which was ultimately the direct and proximate cause of death.

In order to charge with murder, you still need to show intent.  I believe that the state would probably have no difficulty proving intent.  The husband knew the guy was potentially sexually assaulting his wife (or at least that he was harming her), and wanted to beat him into the ground.  It may have even been a struggle for a short time, and it's possible the husband was afraid of being seriously harmed or killed at one point, but the end result is that the other guy is on the ground with his head bashed in.  If my guess is correct, and the husband didn't stop after the guy went down, then that's all you really need to show sufficient intent for a murder charge.  However, that's just step 1 when it comes to determining charges.

The reason it gets knocked down to manslaughter, is that the defense will likely argue that it was more or less a crime of passion or self-defense, mitigating the husband's intent (crime of passion knocks it down to manslaughter; if pure self-defense, he cannot be convicted, period).  If it was a crime of passion, murder is off the table, but manslaughter is the correct charge.  Barring the elevator video showing an hour or two between the fight and the husband coming back with a tire iron to finish the job, I don't think the DA has a reason to even fight that defense.  Crime of passion does not absolve you charges; it only just knocks down the level of your intent.  Likewise, if you have a claim of imperfect self-defense, meaning at least part of your actions were unreasonable, then you cannot be charged with murder.  Although the prosecution can still charge him with higher counts than manslaughter before trial, I doubt they would do so.  

Ultimately, the deciding factor in what happens with the case will likely be whatever happened in the elevator.  It only takes a split second to go from being a hero to a vigilante.

6012mhz on L/N2 
    5321mhz on L/N2
    5091mhz on air
    The Lightsaber
    The Emperor Reborn
    kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 19:03:27 (permalink)
    Either way, if you don't go around beating and trying to rape a woman you probably won't have to worry about an angry Husband beating you to death with a tire iron.

Maybe in this day and age we need people to fear a tire iron wielding husband, because the threat of prosecution and prison doesn't seem to work.

The thought of this guy at his age spending a day in jail sucks. He is no threat to public safety.......well unless you are trying to or have hurt his wife.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 19:12:56 (permalink)
    Sorry Nordic your way of thinking, is why the country is in the state its in now, imagine if it was your wife if you got one, or daughter, some man broke into your house would you honestly let them walk away? If you have any ounce of integrity you would make sure that would be that perps last possible victim. The laws being twisted by lawyers to create victims, let the guilty and those with bad intentions prosper... smh

post edited by donta1979 - 2016/05/31 19:14:39

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 19:27:13 (permalink)
    Sorry but I cant comprehend your way of thinking Nordic. You are saying the deceased was still the aggressor? He was the aggressor trying to rape a woman in the first place. Not only that but his record says it all. Criminal or not he is not entitled to rape a woman, that is a illegal, so is the trespassing. Whether he was a criminal, love triangle, at this point i don't care who is at fault, the fact of the matter is that a woman was being raped and the boyfriend or so called husband went to defend her, because she couldn't.  That is a fact. You are entitled to defend yourself and your loved ones.  
    Law or not law, since the beginning of time that is a rule that had been established from the prehistoric times. I am not trying to play self righteous here but seriously? The law is taking the side of a deceased criminal? dude, let someone else try that in Texas, NJ, PA or Upstate NY and see if he walks out alive without being shot.
    This is how i see it.
    Husband, had a motive to defend his wife and himself.
    why? because the deceased was raping her and trespass her home.
    Criminal, has a past criminal record, taking the tax money from the hard workers of this country and yet committed another offense because he thought he was entitled to break the law one more time.

Case closed
    post edited by atfrico - 2016/05/31 19:35:55

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 19:34:44 (permalink)

It's not Nordic's fault the way the laws are written. He's just trying to point out the specifics of the law. We don't agree with it, but the lawmakers seem to be on the side of the criminals these days. Sad indeed that he went to jail for it.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 19:37:55 (permalink)
    XrayMan

It's not Nordic's fault the way the laws are written. He's just trying to point out the specifics of the law. We don't agree with it, but the lawmakers seem to be on the side of the criminals these days. Sad indeed that he went to jail for it.

Ok granted, but is he a lawyer? I am sure i can google the criminal law and pretty much says do not kill unless you are defending yourself (motive or cause)

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 21:10:57 (permalink)

Different laws in different states. What I wrote above is how the relevant laws apply in NYC, and (imo) it's totally ridiculous in this situation. 

Personally, I feel that as soon as you start infringing on others rights in such a manner - whether it be burglary, rape, mugging, whatever - you automatically forfeit your own rights under law and as a human being. Period.

I really don't care if the husband continued flailing away at the guys head with a tire iron after he was down (not saying that's what happened, but), because I would very likely do the same, as would pretty much ANY husband or father when confronted with that situation. If I got out of the elevator at my Brooklyn apartment and (God forbid) my wife was there naked and beaten on the floor and the would-be rapist was standing right there, there is no way in hell I would be able to control what I'd do to that person - no. freaking. way. , and there is NO WAY IN HELL I could let them walk away. How the hell could anyone live with themselves if they just stood back and let the guy walk away? Yet that is what NY law says you must do. Seriously. Screw that. Jail time would be better, at least you could live with yourself and hold your head up high that you took the piece of crap out of the world, and probably saved other potential victims in the future. I would kill myself if I just stood back and let the rapist walk past just because some spineless politically correct progressive legislative body decided that would make them more appealing to the democrat-majority voters of NYC - and that's what ridiculous laws like this are REALLY all about. 

Almost makes me look at Trump favorably. Almost.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/05/31 21:21:43

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 21:14:12 (permalink)
    bill1024
    The jury may find him not guilty in this case and let him go.
    Hopefully the jury will do the right thing.

If it goes to trial, and he is found guilty of manslaughter (which they would have to if that was the charge he was indicted for), they can't let him go - the jury does not have that power. They can only rule guilty or not guilty under the letter of the law. Criminal Law is very black and white and there is a minimum mandatory sentence under NY Law, as I posted above. and it would be pretty much impossible for them to rule not guilty under the letter of the law - the most they can do is recommend leniency. The judge then decides the sentence; mandatory 1 year minimum for manslaughter 2 in NYC.

Maybe the DA will put him up on a lesser charge, but allegedly the charge he was arrested for is manslaughter, so....

post edited by Nereus - 2016/05/31 21:17:37

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 21:18:36 (permalink)
    atfrico
    XrayMan

Ok granted, but is he a lawyer? I am sure i can google the criminal law and pretty much says do not kill unless you are defending yourself (motive or cause)

I posted applicable NYC laws above.

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 21:22:58 (permalink)
    Guess New York is as strict as Cali, Because that would have happened exactly like that over here too.

What has this country come down to? No one can protect themselves without fearing their freedom being taken away from them, Unless you live in AZ or TX that is...

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 21:30:11 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    Guess New York is as strict as Cali, Because that would have happened exactly like that over here too.

What has this country come down to? No one can protect themselves without fearing their freedom being taken away from them, Unless you live in AZ or TX that is...

ikr? Stupid progressive politically correct bs. Same as that young girl shot dead in CA in front of her father, by an illegal immigrant who had already been deported back to Mexico 5 times, yes 5 times, had multiple felonies, and the Sheriffs dept just lets the guy walk and this innocent girl dies as a result, because of the same stupid progressive politically correct bs. So sick of this.

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 22:59:04 (permalink)
    I truly live in a world i dont understand. If dude is hurting or hurt my wife/GF or one of my daughters then he better pray i dont find him. Prison be damned he is going down.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    windre
    • Total Posts : 52
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 23:08:56 (permalink)
    This is why sentences is low in many countries. (oops, politics! sorry :P)

No one is entitled to rape anyone. No one is entitled to kill anyone. I bet a swedish court would probably lower the sentence after a VERY careful evaluation. Along the line extenuating circumstances.
    post edited by windre - 2016/05/31 23:10:01
    evolove34
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 294
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 23:33:31 (permalink)
    charge the hospital for letting him die. he was alive when the brawl was over.

Pitfighter
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 267
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/05/31 23:53:42 (permalink)
    It appears that the man saved us all a big headache and some cash to boot.

Give him his freedom and give him a cigar!
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 02:02:40 (permalink)
    Protest. Why not? apparently Chicago does the same thing when "their kind" becomes victimized in a state that has nothing to do with them. Well, the people in NYC need to do the same. Show some action. Tell the law that it's wrong. NYC police could not stop a citywide of people of a million (not that this would ever happen of that magnitude anyway).

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 04:19:02 (permalink)
    donta1979
    Yup, say hello to being pc and embracing the agenda and where it gets us as a society...

This. (redacted, but we know who it is) make criminals 'victims'.....and the victims are, you guessed it, the criminals.

Idiots.

post edited by transdogmifier - 2016/06/01 04:22:38

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 04:19:51 (permalink)
    windre
    This is why sentences is low in many countries. (oops, politics! sorry :P)

No one is entitled to rape anyone. No one is entitled to kill anyone. I bet a swedish court would probably lower the sentence after a VERY careful evaluation. Along the line extenuating circumstances.

No one is entitled to kill anyone? If my life is the cost of not killing someone, I'm darn sure going to feel entitled to killing someone.

Edit: ie: Self defense. Regardless of anything, killing is killing....and I'll kill to live. *shrug* But only if I have to.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 07:45:58 (permalink)
    Hey guys condemning Nordic's "way of thinking". He was stating the law and how it applies here. As cool as he is Nordic didn't draft, then propose, snd then pass the law. As having a good understandinf of the law he was giving his best interpretation of it. That is all.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 07:49:23 (permalink)
    A thing called Jury nullification, doesn't matter what the laws say on the books.

"Jury nullification occurs when a jury returns a verdict of "Not Guilty" despite its belief that the defendant is guilty of the violation charged. The jury in effect nullifies a law that it believes is either immoral or wrongly applied to the defendant whose fate they are charged with deciding."

We see it almost every time a grand jury is summoned when a police office is charged for murder. 5 Police officers beat up a unarmed homeless man to death, they get off because the Jury nullified the law.
    I think every Judge should be required by law to inform the Jury about the right to nullify a law. 
    post edited by MSim - 2016/06/05 23:52:34
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 10:41:16 (permalink)
    This is what happens when ideology gets in the way of justice.
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 11:00:52 (permalink)
    2016:  But, Mommy, I dont want to go to school! OK, Hun, you dont have to, do anything you dont want to do.

1944:  But Father, I dont want to milk the cows, do I have to get out of bed? Get your azz out of bed and milk them cows! Yes Sir!!!!!
    post edited by knightsilver - 2016/06/01 11:13:48
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    Re: NYC - get jail time for defending your wife from a rapist. 2016/06/01 14:06:44 (permalink)
    Go watch the movie felon. The idea is they dont want people to break the law to stop others from breaking the law. Vigilantes go to prison. They expect u to call the police and not do anything risky til they arrive to handle the situation properly with their policy of shoot to kill. Cause shooting out someones legs and arresting them leaves open the possibility of being sued for disability from them not walking.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile