My mom crashed, Thoughts?

Author
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
2015/08/04 16:52:27 (permalink)
Yesterday in the afternoon, My mother was in Downtown L.A. (High volumes of traffic) she was on a red light and when it turned green, she began moving forward, She said it seemed as if the van hit reverse (For whatever reason) at the same time that my mom went forward, The 2 cars collided at very low speeds, But we have full coverage. There was 3 people in the other van, my mom was alone... they all claimed to be injured, They left to the ER in an ambulance after police and EMT's arrived.

Before the police arrived, The driver of the other car would NOT give my mom the insurance information, She was claiming that because she already called HER insurance, That it is of no concern to my mom. I know this because my mom accidently recorded (Trying to take a picture of the van) and she was being very aggressive to my mom, While you could hear my mom saying "I'm not neglecting that I'm at fault, We can get this settled, Don't worry".

It wasn't until the police arrived that they were able to retrieve the information from the other person. I'm going to attach the pictures of my moms 2014 Nissan Sentra and the ladies 2000 Toyota Sienna. I seriously can't think of more than $100 in damages to the other car lol. Seriously, All that happened was a little plastic from the bumper popped up (Probably can just press it back down) and the dirt off the bumper cleaned off LOL.

To my moms car, The only thing that happened was a part of the grille broke (You can see the grille on the vans bumper)

I seriously think they're just trying to make a quick buck off an insurance scam. We don't even want our insurance to fix our car, It's such minimal damage that it's not even worth the deductible.
post edited by RushXTC - 2015/08/04 16:55:32

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

23 Replies Related Threads

Pgcmoore
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2037
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/04 17:38:50 (permalink)
    I hate to judge people, but also looks to me like they are trying to scam your mom for some quick bucks there Rush. But really hard to say. Here in Florida this happens all the time, pretty much a minimum of 25k and YOUR insurance goes up, really not fair at all.

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2233
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/04 17:59:08 (permalink)
    Seems like a scam. Everyone wants something for nothing, like no ever really pays if it's insurance. By looking at the pictures, I would not be surprised if they claim all the damage to the tailgate was from this incident. Glad she is okay, as it could have been much different. The accidental taping will come in handy later on.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 01:03:23 (permalink)
    It is a scam. The "reverse into the vehicle behind you at low speed and claim injury" scam. It happens a lot now. It is one of the reasons I have a dash cam in all my vehicles now.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 11:34:36 (permalink)
    yeah seems like a scam to me. That van clearly is a POS and their out to get someones PIP coverage to pay them off. Injured? What did they do bite their lips? No way they'd get whiplash from that low of a speed from behind.

probably as obvious as this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=049TiHbRsQg

oh no even better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skON4WCqb1w&spfreload=10

post edited by Stephenk291 - 2015/08/05 11:38:19

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102313
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 12:11:19 (permalink)
    Contact the insurance company immediately

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 13:16:10 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

We did, They kept asking my mom to repeat her statement, As if they didn't believe her. Seriously. I sent the pictures, Hopefully he sees the minimal amount of damage so they can deny the claim for the other person and force them to pay their own medical bills.

way2faded
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3077
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 13:43:05 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

+lawyer

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/08/05 14:13:52 (permalink)
    I'm an EMT and EMS is the world's largest grapevine these people are probably repeat customers... I bet the EMTs didn't make it easy...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

Segads
    • Total Posts : 53
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/06 12:51:08 (permalink)
    I'm a little late for this men, but I'm my country, there's no such thing a instance scam ha if you crash, you fix the cars or the police take the cars, that's it, or the other guy run away, is insane the police just look at you and say, there's any problem here? If is a mayor crash that's other story but for a minor one, everything is between the owners
    FattysGoneWild
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2660
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/06 20:57:49 (permalink)
    Complete scam. I bet those yahoo's have no insurance or at best the bare minimum the state requires.

HP Omen 880-160se custom ordered
    MOBO: HP Tampa2
    CPU: Intel i7 8700k @4.8GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400
    GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080
    PSU: Delta 750w 80 Plus Platinum 
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 512GB MZVLW512HMJP
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO
    HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
    Sound: Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
    Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display
    Keyboard: HP Omen 1100
    Mouse: HP Omen 600

SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/06 21:25:06 (permalink)
    While it's really pointless to get a lawyer here in US rjohnson. Anytime you hit somebody in the back it's automatically you're fault, regardless of the reason. Plus she would have to have some sort of video evidence about them reversing. I'm sure they planned to do that, there's no doubt in my mind. That's crappy.

Now don't get me wrong. I've been known to brake check people tailgating me in a heart beat. Now, I don't expect to be hit because I don't slam on the brakes, I just tap them nice enough to let them know they need to get back. I do this because I was actually hit years ago when I had to stop because of a deer running across the road and I got rear ended.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/06 23:40:13 (permalink)
    By the looks of the van compared to your mom's car, this isn't the first time they pulled this.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 15:49:14 (permalink)
    They denied their claim! 

That's what they get for trying to get a quick buck! Waste of time and probably have to pay their own ER bill!

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 16:20:04 (permalink)
    RushXTC
    They denied their claim! 

That's what they get for trying to get a quick buck! Waste of time and probably have to pay their own ER bill!

Or they will take your mom to court and sue her. I would have just let the insurance company pay the claim.
    JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 16:53:40 (permalink)
    kram36
    RushXTC
    They denied their claim! 

Or they will take your mom to court and sue her. I would have just let the insurance company pay the claim.

Let them try... Our insurance denied it, There was no proof, Even the EMT refused to take them to the ER because there was nothing wrong, so they drove themselves.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 17:54:47 (permalink)
    Your mom's insurance company sucks, they dropped the ball in your mom's court and she now has to defend herself. Doesn't matter if they are scamming or not, insurance is there to cover you. Trust that your insurance denying the claim will not stop professional scammers from going after your mom.
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 17:56:36 (permalink)
    The EMT refused? Hmmm.... If the patient wants to go to the ER they have to take them... Or get sued for abandomnment... Did the EMT refuse in front of everyone or is that what they're saying?

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 18:04:31 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    The EMT refused? Hmmm.... If the patient wants to go to the ER they have to take them... Or get sued for abandomnment... Did the EMT refuse in front of everyone or is that what they're saying?

Rush is contradicting his op saying they drove themselves to the ER.

RushXTC
    Yesterday in the afternoon, My mother was in Downtown L.A. (High volumes of traffic) she was on a red light and when it turned green, she began moving forward, She said it seemed as if the van hit reverse (For whatever reason) at the same time that my mom went forward, The 2 cars collided at very low speeds, But we have full coverage. There was 3 people in the other van, my mom was alone... they all claimed to be injured, They left to the ER in an ambulance after police and EMT's arrived.

Before the police arrived, The driver of the other car would NOT give my mom the insurance information, She was claiming that because she already called HER insurance, That it is of no concern to my mom. I know this because my mom accidently recorded (Trying to take a picture of the van) and she was being very aggressive to my mom, While you could hear my mom saying "I'm not neglecting that I'm at fault, We can get this settled, Don't worry".

It wasn't until the police arrived that they were able to retrieve the information from the other person. I'm going to attach the pictures of my moms 2014 Nissan Sentra and the ladies 2000 Toyota Sienna. I seriously can't think of more than $100 in damages to the other car lol. Seriously, All that happened was a little plastic from the bumper popped up (Probably can just press it back down) and the dirt off the bumper cleaned off LOL.

To my moms car, The only thing that happened was a part of the grille broke (You can see the grille on the vans bumper)

I seriously think they're just trying to make a quick buck off an insurance scam. We don't even want our insurance to fix our car, It's such minimal damage that it's not even worth the deductible.

BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 18:10:08 (permalink)
    kram36
    BF3PRO

Rush is contradicting his op saying they drove themselves to the ER.

RushXTC

Now if they were in the back of the truck (yes I know it's an ambulance but it's a truck when you work on one hahaha) they can deny treatment at anytime... So they basically sign an AMA (against medical advice) form and get left where they currently are... So they very well could have driven part way... Believe me though the EMT will have everything documented in the run report and may be called to testify on the behalf of either defendant or plaintiff... If it's in writing it happened if not it didn't happen... So really it could work in favor of rush still as long as the emt or paramedic (could've been 2 EMTs 2 paramedics or 1 emt and 1 paramedic) does good detailed reports...

kram36
    The Destroyer
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 18:19:22 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    Now if they were in the back of the truck (yes I know it's an ambulance but it's a truck when you work on one hahaha) they can deny treatment at anytime... So they basically sign an AMA (against medical advice) form and get left where they currently are... So they very well could have driven part way... Believe me though the EMT will have everything documented in the run report and may be called to testify on the behalf of either defendant or plaintiff... If it's in writing it happened if not it didn't happen... So really it could work in favor of rush still as long as the emt or paramedic (could've been 2 EMTs 2 paramedics or 1 emt and 1 paramedic) does good detailed reports...

The "they can deny treatment" in your post means the people that got injured can deny treatment, not the EMT deny treatment, correct?

Doesn't matter Rush already said they left in an ambulance for the ER.

Rush I'm not trying to tick you off, but give you some advice. Your mom's car moved forward and struck the van. She needs to call the insurance company and tell them they need to cover the claim as she did in fact hit them. She will be spending some days in court and lost money if her insurance doesn't cover this. By the looks of that van, these cats are not new to this scam and know what to do to get money out of your mom if need be.
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 18:22:38 (permalink)
    kram36
    BF3PRO

The "they can deny treatment" in your post means the people that got injured can deny treatment, not the EMT deny treatment, correct?

Doesn't matter Rush already said they left in an ambulance for the ER.

Rush I'm not trying to tick you off, but give you some advice. Your mom's car moved forward and struck the van. She needs to call the insurance company and tell them they need to cover the claim as she did in fact hit them. She will be spending some days in court and lost money if her insurance doesn't cover this. By the looks of that van, these cats are not new to this scam and know what to do to get money out of your mom if need be.
    Yes only the patient can deny treatment... EMS personnel cannot refuse it... As long as they are in a rational state of mind or being... I'd call the insurance company and get more details personally...

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 19:50:23 (permalink)
    I'm going based on what my mother told me, She just said they called her and said that it'll be as if it never happened, Which means they denied the other ladies claim (If they want to sue my mom, Go for it, But we're getting the insurance involved again if they do, Which I doubt they will).

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: My mom crashed, Thoughts? 2015/09/07 19:54:07 (permalink)
    I just talked to my mom again lol it's been a month, I swear she said they went to the ER, But she did confirm that the paramedics didn't do anything because they said there was nothing wrong with them, I guess you guys are saying they can have a problem with the EMT's because they refused to take them, Maybe they just explained that it wasn't necessary and they agreed, She said they stayed behind with the police. I think she was just saying stuff that day because she had panicked, But for the most part it's correct.

P.S. It's been a month, I really don't remember. I just replied to this thread because it came back up.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile