EVGA

Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order)

Author
jadenharrow
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2015/11/15 20:42:05 (permalink)
Went to order something from EVGA directly (this http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2972-RX)
Get an error saying my billing doesn't match. Look through everything it does. Pull up my CC account make sure, yeap it does try a couple more times same error. I call EVGA, some guy that sounds like he is shouldering the phone only 50% of the time speaking into it,  and paying attention to anything other then my order, tells me I need to call my CC company it's on their end.
I call my CC company they see I have tried numerous times. They also show the addresses match. They flag my account for X time to allow any purchases through (bypassing fraud restrictions). They tell me to wait 5 mins since I have 8 tries and try once more.
I wait 5 mins. Same FREAKING ERROR. Try a couple more times. Same thing.
Call back my CC company, they call EVGA and now we are on a 3 way call, we get transferred to the same disinterested person as before. This time my CC company is like amazing, asks 100 different ways on how we can complete this purchase. Disinterested guy isn't having it. Chalks it up to a website error and nothing can be done. CC company asks to confirm address (yeap its the same) She tells dude we need to get this done, can we do over the phone manual purchase etc, nope nope nope nope from disinterested guy. Doesn't ask to follow up, doesn't ask if he can contact me later to finish the order literal 0 F's given, literally I could die on the phone and he would probably not notice or care.
SO bad, my CC company was actually offended and was like "I am so sorry I don't even know what to say". I could hear voice change midway through to frustration and disgust at disinterested guy. Not exaggerating. I thank her kindly and feel bad for her trying so hard.

1 hour and a lifetime bad memory. I am the biggest EVGA fan, only buy EVGA gpus,  make all my friends buy EVGA cards, spout their warranty like it is the messiah. This just put the worst taste in my mouth. 

Unbelievable to be honest. I wanted to record the disinterested dude. I actually thought I had a wrong number at one point and some guy gets these calls all the time and just plays along like a jerk. That's how bad it was.

Website error sure, but the process the complete lack of giving a single care from someone who would barely speak into the receiver with a tone of someone watching tv and I am just background noise. Is comical.
post edited by jadenharrow - 2015/11/16 15:54:03

ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo Boost)
16384 MB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) Classified
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Antec Nine Hundred Two V3
Windows 7

23 Replies Related Threads

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/15 20:53:34 (permalink)
    Welcome to Direct ordering. Waste of time, don't do it.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

jadenharrow
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/15 21:22:19 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    Welcome to Direct ordering. Waste of time, don't do it.

Apparently so, the thing that kind of irks me about all this. Is I have a EVGA 570 ftw that is having some issues. I thought about RMAing it because it is registered and under warranty, I would probably receive a 970. I thought nah I've had it for 5 years, that's good enough I don't want to help ruin a good program for those that actually really need it, I will just buy it ....now I am like screw it,  at this rate I should just warranty 570.

I don't believe I will but the irked portion of me wants too haha.
    post edited by jadenharrow - 2015/11/16 15:37:12

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Windows 7
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/15 21:25:09 (permalink)
    Would you be able to use PayPal? It seems that the credit card ordering goes on the fritz sometimes. No idea what causes it. EVGA should look further into it.
    jadenharrow
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/15 21:29:09 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Would you be able to use PayPal? It seems that the credit card ordering goes on the fritz sometimes. No idea what causes it. EVGA should look further into it.

I could but I have a 0 interest card (with rewards) currently and I wanted to take advantage of that this holiday season... and now I would be scared to try it with "actual" money. I had 12 charges of 1 dollar hit my account, granted they will be refunded. I just don't feel like risking it. I think I am over it tbh.

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Windows 7
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/15 21:32:13 (permalink)
    Um, link your card to your PayPal account and use it through PayPal?

I use my credit card and debit card through PayPal, and have my bank account linked for when I want to use "cash" out of my bank account..

It's jury a thought either way. I am sorry to hear about all the frustration you are experiencing.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 05:07:03 (permalink)
    It irks..IRKS you.

It seems a lot of people are having issues with direct ordering..I'm having trouble believing it's
    all the user, but who knows? I'm not willing to buy something just to test it ;)

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 05:13:54 (permalink)
    checked out that link...a 970 for 259.99? Welp..upgrade..so much for not willing to buy anything..

Worked for me btw...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 07:24:49 (permalink)
    Sounds like the address on your EVGA Order is not the Same Address as the Credit Card you used to order with.
    I just paid shipping with no issues at all. Sometime I have seen Billing Issues and I use FireFox to place an order.
    If FireFox has the same problem then I Clear my IE Cache and then re-start the computer and most of the time it works out.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102260
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 07:41:12 (permalink)
    I'll refer this thread to EVGA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

blacksapphire08
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8875
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 07:41:31 (permalink)
    While I didnt have too much trouble ordering directly from EVGA it was definitely not what I would call a painless process.

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2032
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 09:34:49 (permalink)
    Dear jadenharrow,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your transaction and your interaction with our support.  I assure you that we will be investigating this call and I do apologize if you did not feel properly supported as we do make every effort to help our customers.

I have reviewed your transaction attempts along with the errors that we are receiving and my best guess is that the errors in question are likely related to your bank not accepting the AVS (Address Verification System) due to your address having a street name with numbers in it.  I can confirm that we do not take orders over the phone, but if you can please try to resubmit your request with spelling out your street instead of using numbers and this may help you with this process.  Please keep in mind that as a alternative we do offer PayPal for order processing and this will avoid having to verify the billing address with the bank.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you should need any additional assistance.  1-888-881-3842 extension 5066 or by email at chrisb@evga.com

jadenharrow
    Went to order something from EVGA directly (this http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=04G-P4-2972-RX)
    Get an error saying my billing doesn't match. Look through everything it does. Pull up my CC account make sure, yeap it does try a couple more times same error. I call EVGA, some guy that sounds like he is shouldering the phone only 50% of the time speaking into it,  and paying attention to anything other then my order, tells me I need to call my CC company it's on their end.
    I call my CC company they see I have tried numerous times. They also show the addresses match. They flag my account for X time to allow any purchases through (bypassing fraud restrictions). They tell me to wait 5 mins since I have 8 tries and try once more.
    I wait 5 mins. Same FREAKING ERROR. Try a couple more times. Same thing.
    Call back my CC company, they call EVGA and now we are on a 3 way call, we get transferred to the same disinterested person as before. This time my CC company is like amazing, asks 100 different ways on how we can complete this purchase. Disinterested guy isn't having it. Chalks it up to a website error and nothing can be done. CC company asks to confirm address (yeap its the same) She tells dude we need to get this done, can we do over the phone manual purchase etc, nope nope nope nope from disinterested guy. Doesn't ask to follow up, doesn't ask if he can contact me later to finish the order literal 0 F's given, literally I could die on the phone and he would probably not notice or care.
    SO bad, my CC company was actually offended and was like "I am so sorry I don't even know what to say". I could hear voice change midway through to frustration and disgust at disinterested guy. Not exaggerating. I thank her kindly and feel bad for her trying so hard.

1 hour and a lifetime bad memory. I was the biggest EVGA fan, only bought EVGA gpus,  make all my friends buy EVGA cards, spout their warranty like it is the messiah. This just put the worst taste in my mouth. 

Unbelievable to be honest. I wanted to record the disinterested dude. I actually thought I had a wrong number at one point and some guy gets these calls all the time and just plays along like a jerk. That's how bad it was.

Website error sure, but the process the complete lack of giving a single care from someone who would barely speak into the receiver with a tone of someone watching tv and I am just background noise. Is comical.

jadenharrow
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 15:50:40 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Dear jadenharrow,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your transaction and your interaction with our support.  I assure you that we will be investigating this call and I do apologize if you did not feel properly supported as we do make every effort to help our customers.

I have reviewed your transaction attempts along with the errors that we are receiving and my best guess is that the errors in question are likely related to your bank not accepting the AVS (Address Verification System) due to your address having a street name with numbers in it.  I can confirm that we do not take orders over the phone, but if you can please try to resubmit your request with spelling out your street instead of using numbers and this may help you with this process.  Please keep in mind that as a alternative we do offer PayPal for order processing and this will avoid having to verify the billing address with the bank.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you should need any additional assistance.  1-888-881-3842 extension 5066 or by email at chrisb@evga.com

UPDATE:

Chris, I appreciate the response. Jaeson from EVGA as well took time out from his day to call me this morning. He was very pleasant and helpful and even sent me an email. EVGA also offered me a free shirt which was not needed but the thought was appreciated, so thank you. 

I have followed your instructions Chris, as well as Jaeson's. My adress is XXX W XXth Ave.  I have tried West Eleventh Avenue, W Eleventh Ave, and W Eleventh Avenue, and West Eleventh Ave.
    None have worked. Same mismatched address error, I called my CC once more and they are saying it is matching so I really don't know. I order numerous orders on other websites in the US every month using this account and I have never had this issue. So I am at a loss really.

At this point I am over it, maybe I will do paypal (I really didn't want to), but we will see. I have a FTW edition 970 from you currently and this was a 970 SC, I was going to sli them, and either OC the new one or detune the FTW, maybe I will just buy the FTW Edition from one of your re-sellers, at this point may be more convenient for everyone lol. 

All in all, you EVGA really do have amazing products (I only buy your gpus and my friends are coerced to do the same lol). Your customer care overall is astounding. I really do appreciate the follow up and help today especially since your take on a 250 dollar refurbished item probably wasn't worth the time to even call, but you did and that is very appreciated. As to disinterested guy anyone can have a bad day or less them perfect moment, hell he could of been really sick and like a trooper came into work when he was needed. No hard feelings.

Thank you.

EDIT: I have tried a diff browser (chrome to firefox) and I have changed my urks to irks for those that it irked :P
    post edited by jadenharrow - 2015/11/16 15:56:11

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Windows 7
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/16 16:23:01 (permalink)
    Hi jadenharrow,

Thank you for your response and I am sorry to hear that you are still having a problem.  If you can please email me at chrisb@evga.com with the item and shipping method that you would prefer and we will follow-up to work with you directly? 

I will be awaiting your email to assist.

Bruno747
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3909
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/17 04:38:14 (permalink)
    One of these years (I say years cause this has been going on with evga literally for years.) The credit card processors are gonna black list evga for the number of complaints they get.

I personally have never been able to order through the years with 3 different cards from 3 different addresses with three different banks.

I'm glad they got PayPal up finally cause evga's way of processing cards is way too buggy. Imagine if neweeg was like evga in this regard. Imagine how many thousands in lost sales there would be.

But alas, I gues s the evga store only makes enough money to put up the facade of looking into the issue. If they really were this would have been fixed permanently years ago.

Short version...PayPal it is if you wanna use the evga store.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/17 04:58:27 (permalink)
    I found the process to be straightforward and easy...ordered yesterday, shipped last night.

Sorry you found it lugubrious ....

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Phanteks P500A Case

yodap
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4642
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/17 06:39:44 (permalink)
    I'm chiming in because I had the same issue this weekend except I haven't called EVGA, only tried to resolve through email. Jaeson is one of the folks I'm dealing with and things are about 80% done. Card has been shipped and we just need a refund credited and they are doing that.

The issue with credit card address not matching is mind boggling. I was holding my statement in one hand and typing the info on the other. 3 times. Gave up, tried another card, that worked first try.

Then the next issue started..............

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/17 07:08:02 (permalink)
    My guess it has to do with the processing company anti fraud system messing up.

jadenharrow
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/18 20:23:16 (permalink)
    I am sorry for my lack of replies. I work very long hours during my 4 day work week of Monday-Thursday. I haven't had the time to address this. I may contact you Chris on my weekend Friday, but it may just be easier for me to buy the actual card I want for slightly more from one of your authorized retailers.

Thank you everyone for your input and help.

EDIT:Update. EVGA as of today has the exact card I wanted. So I have contacted Chris to purchase. I am sure this will go smoothly. I will update with a result.
    post edited by jadenharrow - 2015/11/21 12:30:46

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Windows 7
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/23 15:30:24 (permalink)
    Dear Everyone,

I can confirm that we have made some changes with our processing company in order to try and help our customers with their orders.  I recommend that if anyone should continue to have a problem then you should check with your bank or credit card company to ensure that you are entering the correct address, zip code, and security code for your credit card.

Please do not hesitate to email me if further assistance is needed. chrisb@evga.com 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/23 16:00:36 (permalink)

If it helps, I purchased 3 items with the credit card here last week without issue, and not only do I have an address of XXXX E XXth St, I also have Apt.XX tacked on the end. Regardless, this is very likely an issue with the processing company EVGA uses, not EVGA themselves.

post edited by Nereus - 2015/11/23 16:09:56

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Bruno747
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3909
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/23 19:35:50 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    Dear Everyone,

I can confirm that we have made some changes with our processing company in order to try and help our customers with their orders.  I recommend that if anyone should continue to have a problem then you should check with your bank or credit card company to ensure that you are entering the correct address, zip code, and security code for your credit card.

Please do not hesitate to email me if further assistance is needed. chrisb@evga.com 

Who does evga use as a processor? I ask so that I can have our finance people avoid them like the plauge when they start looking at processing companies again.

If tech people ordering on this site can't put in a billing address correctly (even through its proven that they have been doing so correctly time and time again) I can't imagine having the general population try to pay their utility bill online with this processing company. We would have to setup a dedicate call tree for failure to process the credit card.

X399 Designare EX, Threadripper 1950x, Overkill Water 560mm dual pass radiator. Heatkiller IV Block Dual 960 EVO 500gb Raid 0 bootable, Quad Channel 64gb DDR4 @ 2933/15-16-16-31, RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, Corsair RM850x, Tower 900
    jadenharrow
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/11/24 21:42:32 (permalink)
    So all said and done, I ended up buying it from another authorized retailer for almost the same price, 50 dollar difference for the same card but new. I had contacted Chris and someone else replied telling me to go through the website again.......It is cool. it may be fixed but I didn't want to mess with it anymore. Plus by the time I heard back the card I wanted was gone. 
    I bought EVGA lol, so you get your silver one way or the other :P

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
    Windows 7
    EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    Re: Most ridiculous ordering experience ever (or should I say lack of order) 2015/12/02 10:25:51 (permalink)
    Hi Everyone,

I can confirm that we have made a few changes with our processing company and this should resolve most concerns.  Please do not hesitate to let me know if any issues should continue as we are here to assist. Chrisb@evga.com

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile