EVGA

Lost serial number off card

Author
raven1001
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/03/02 09:45:46 (permalink)
I have misplaced the serial off my 780, is this a problem if I need to RMA? I still have the box with the serial on.

8 Replies Related Threads

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2014/03/02 11:26:29 (permalink)
    Those serial labels on cards are sort of ridiculous IMHO. As someone that worked for a decade in pre-press departments at label and package printing factories, I can tell the adhesive and label stock they use isn't even right for the application they're using it for. At issue is they've been doing the same thing for as long as I've used EVGA cards. I don't expect them to change it.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2014/03/02 11:31:30
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2014/03/02 12:00:58 (permalink)
    Hello raven1001,

Should not be a problem if you still have the serial number sticker still on the original box.  What I would suggest is taking a picture or making a photo copy of the sticker to keep as a reference or back up.  Keep the box or cut the sticker off the box and place it is a safe dry place, where it will not get lost.  If you ever need to send in the card for RMA, then you will have that sticker available to send in with your video card.  Please let us know if you if you have any other questions or concerns, we are available 24/7 @ 888.881.3842
    Shin-Gouki
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/18 04:16:51 (permalink)
    I don't have the sticker from mine (it fell off I'm guessing, it was on there with a hope) and a family member threw out the box when they were cleaning the Garage. Guess I'm screwed. Stupid way of doing things. 

*Yes I know I'm resurrecting a thread from the dead, I found it on Google*
    post edited by Shin-Gouki - 2015/04/18 04:17:56
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/18 14:00:23 (permalink)

I'm hoping someday the serial number will be etched into the card, that way a sticker won't be needed on these things. Hopefully all manufacturers will adopt that policy someday.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/18 17:34:36 (permalink)
    Shin-Gouki
    I don't have the sticker from mine (it fell off I'm guessing, it was on there with a hope) and a family member threw out the box when they were cleaning the Garage. Guess I'm screwed. Stupid way of doing things. 

*Yes I know I'm resurrecting a thread from the dead, I found it on Google*

Hello Shin-Gouki,
    I am sorry to hear that the serial number has been lost or misplaced.  I would suggest sending us an email to Support@EVGA.com to see if there is anything we can do to further review your case, and assist you if possible.  

swaznasty
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/26 16:17:06 (permalink)
    FYI I just rma'd a card and I too had apparently lost my sticker. didn't realize it. they sent my card back IMMEDIATELY with a nice little note letting me know my cars could not be replaced because this ever so important sticker was missing. I looked in my computer case and it was laying at the bottom. first off , an email would have been nice, its not like I just spent 25$ to have it shipped or anything. if come Monday they haven't replied to I need of my 3 emails explaining the situation and telling me to send it back in, for another 25$, I will be quite dissapointed in this company all together. I've never tampered with, modified, done anything to this card. the card is faulty, and now they are refusing to replace it because a STICKER fell off? I'm not really holding my breath, considering some of the horror stories I've read about evgas customer support. sorry for the rant.... moral of the story... FIND YOUR STICKER... OR YOU ARE S.O.L.
    swaznasty
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/26 16:24:35 (permalink)
    EVGATech_EddieH
    Hello raven1001,

Should not be a problem if you still have the serial number sticker still on the original box.  What I would suggest is taking a picture or making a photo copy of the sticker to keep as a reference or back up.  Keep the box or cut the sticker off the box and place it is a safe dry place, where it will not get lost.  If you ever need to send in the card for RMA, then you will have that sticker available to send in with your video card.  Please let us know if you if you have any other questions or concerns, we are available 24/7 @ 888.881.3842

well I have the Box sitting right here with the serial number, not to mention the original sticker- and you're telling me without any hesitation they just immediately sent my card back? when I could have just emailed a pic of the sticker? that's terrific. now I get to throw away another 25$ on shipping.
    post edited by swaznasty - 2015/04/26 16:25:40
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Lost serial number off card 2015/04/26 18:28:35 (permalink)
    swaznasty
    EVGATech_EddieH
    Hello raven1001,

well I have the Box sitting right here with the serial number, not to mention the original sticker- and you're telling me without any hesitation they just immediately sent my card back? when I could have just emailed a pic of the sticker? that's terrific. now I get to throw away another 25$ on shipping.

Did you take any time to read the RMA page?

So, they did EXACTLY what it says on the RMA page and you are mad, why?  It takes less than a minute to verify the sticker is on the card. Sorry for your luck, but it is right there on the RMA page.  If your sticker isn't on the card, they can not prove that it was a legitimate purchase.

Attached Image(s)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile