Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 33
2014/11/17 16:34:04 (permalink)
Hey guys, i'm sure you guys have seen my other thread abuot the air force, i recently started working out to get into shape, but one of my problems is i'm about 25lbs overweight for my height(granted i think some of its muscle weight) anyways, recommendations on good ways to help drop some weight pretty quickly WITHOUT resorting to crap that will do more harm than good.  I cut out the beer and i'm limiting myself to one soda a day at work, my house isn't very good in the healthy department so i'm assuming i'm going to have to do some shopping of my own but what would you guys recommend :)  I'm already very active at work and doing these additional exercises are going to help, but i don't think its going to be enough to hit target weight in time(who knows how long i'll be in the DEP).  I've been weighing myself daily and in about a week i've lost 2.5lbs but i'm still eating like crap and i think thats stopping me.
post edited by moose517 - 2014/11/25 07:00:15

62 Replies Related Threads

jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6912
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 17:14:18 (permalink)
    I'm hearing of people dropping weight by drinking a gallon or more of water a day like 5 pounds in few days good luck

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
     lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    ,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3797
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 17:16:51 (permalink)
    What 10 possible mos did you pick? DEP should only last 6 months but it will be longer... I recently lost 80lbs in 3 months by running everyday, drinking nothing but water, abd eating nothing but high protein....

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 17:51:05 (permalink)
    yeah right now i'm alternating strength training with running every day of the week, runnings about to get complicated due to the fact that there is snow on the ground.  Might have to turn to the gym but i can't stand treadmills.  At this point i'm pretty much only drinking water, guess i sould be looking at foods high in protein then?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 18:48:19 (permalink)
    BF3PRO
    What 10 possible mos did you pick? DEP should only last 6 months but it will be longer... I recently lost 80lbs in 3 months by running everyday, drinking nothing but water, abd eating nothing but high protein....

You get 5 choices and they are AFSC's in the Air Force. (Air Force Specialty Code). Moose, cardio is going to help, and eating right. I am the opposite, as I was trying to gain instead of lose, which can be equally difficult.

Eating a "controlled" amount of healthy rations is going to be a big thing. I am at work right now, but if you ever want to talk, hit me up.

I am very curious about the choices you made for career selections as well.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 19:35:43 (permalink)

Loosing   Losing weight.          

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    clo007
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5274
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 19:37:01 (permalink)
    Cut sugar intake.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4805
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 21:09:28 (permalink)
    Its not hard to lose weight at all. I dont know why people make it so difficult. I guess because they dont want to adapt to a new life style. But Moose you should try running 3 miles everyday and make sure you do at least 200 push-ups and sit-ups everyday. Yes many forget muscle helps you loose weight too besides it weighing more than fat. Muscle helps increase your metabolism. Just make sure you dont have a wide neck and shoulders. Even if your buff and have a big neck they scrutinize you for it. It aggravates me how the military has such stupid standards for height, weight and age. Everyone's body is different so there can be no possible way that anyone can be the "perfect" body for the job. What really pisses me off is even if your buff as hell and over your weight for your height and age you get in trouble for that. Even if you can pass your PT test. When I am at the gym so many guys tell me in the sauna they are trying to shrink even though they are buff as hell to meet the military standards. But to loose weight you can eat EVERYTHING just make sure you eat everything in MODERATION. Dont cut down on your calorie count too much because once you lose your weight from cutting calories as soon as your start eating back to normal again you will gain it all back because your body gets use to and adapts how much fuel it burns based on your daily calorie intake.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/17 22:11:24 (permalink)
    It takes a bit of discipline but here is what I did and the weight dropped really fast, including the belly fat I had since my late 20's.  If you want to lose weigh fast it can be done easily and healthily.

Cut all added sugar out.  No pop, no beer, no fruit juice, so pastries, no ice cream, etc., etc.

Try to avoid bread, pasta, potatoes, and dairy. etc.

DRINK ONLY WATER.  AT LEAST 6 GLASSES PER DAY.  Your pee should be pale yellow or clear.  If it is bright yellow, DRINK MORE WATER.

Oats, rice, Quinoa for carbs.  3 times per day max.  So Oatmeal for breakfast a small portion of rice for lunch, maybe quinoa for dinner......but small portions.  You don't need a plate full of rice, or 2 bowls of oatmeal....that is too many carbs.

Fish, Eggs, Steak, Chicken, Turkey are great for protein and you need this to maintain and repair the muscle you already have.

Lots of veggies, broccoli, spinach, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, etc.

Fruit, oranges, apples, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

Then the workout.......this is key, and you will need only 25 minutes or less.......the first time will suck.

Interval training is best as it works your whole body, burns a tonne of calories, and builds muscle....which burns more fat, and can be done at home with no equipment.

Here is an example of what I do and have shown others and they have all gotten amazing results (sounding like and infomercial ugh) unless they gave up.

With no more than a 5 second break between each exercise.  Do as many repetitions as you can do of each exercise for each one minute interval.  Use those 5 seconds between each exercise to write down how many you did...THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Squats for 1 minute
    Pushups for 1 minute
    Lunges for 1 minute (Alternating legs)
    Decline push-ups for 1 minute
    jumping jacks for 1 minute
    Mountain Climbers for 1 minutes
    Push-ups for 1 minute

You are done, DRINK WATER.  

That is just day one.  Now on day 2 the numbers you wrote down the previous day are your targets.  If you did 25 push-ups try 27, and so on.  Each day you push for more.  Then, on day 10, you go back to 1 minute intervals.....except you do the entire thing twice!

It is terrible, and awesome all at the same time.  You will eventually learn to love your free workout and you will lose weight and feel amazing.

Anyway, that is what I did......and I say my abs for the first time in 20 years in just under 2 months.

Good luck man.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

boomerman18
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1109
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 00:02:46 (permalink)
    Avoid over consumption of foods high in proteins unless you are putting on mass. It will build up and cause you to get fatter.

^^^^
    Charlie sheen if he was a robot
    moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 00:19:45 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    BF3PRO

You get 5 choices and they are AFSC's in the Air Force. (Air Force Specialty Code). Moose, cardio is going to help, and eating right. I am the opposite, as I was trying to gain instead of lose, which can be equally difficult.

Eating a "controlled" amount of healthy rations is going to be a big thing. I am at work right now, but if you ever want to talk, hit me up.

I am very curious about the choices you made for career selections as well.

I've got 3D0X2 cyber systems operations, 3D0X3 client systems already, haven't decided from there was thinking possibly load master and drawing a blank for one closely related to load master.

@Xray I noticed my typo after I posted it and being on mobile I said DA heck with it hahaha.

Thanks for the advice so far guys. Gonna do some shopping tomorrow evening when I'm off, get some things to help. My lunches for work have ck sister of turkey sandwhichs with chipsand a little Debbie snack cake plus a dew and water. Gonna change that, keep the sandwich maybe better bread, then Greek yogurt as I've heard thats a good helper and some veggies.

Kinda mad that its starting to snow making it hard to get out and run and there isn't any indoor tracks that I know of that I can use. Nice bike trail behind my house i can run on, not sure how good the city is at cleaning it off after it snows since many people use it to run.
    jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 03:18:37 (permalink)
    Elliptical Trainers are also awesome better than a tread mill try it for 15minutes you will see what I mean major burn which is key to losing weight and looking cut is the burn man

case;Phanteks Enthoo 719 High Performance Full Tower  i9-12900ks MSI MPG Z690 CARBON WIFI kingston fury beast 64gig rgb ddr5
     lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    ,super flower 1000 platinium power supply,wd black M.2 2TB NVMe,windows11 -LG ultragear 38 inch ips monitor 
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 03:36:15 (permalink)
    Be sure to start running you need to get a 1.5 mile for the Airforce or Navy. Talk to scarlet he'll help you out.... My weight loss is for the military as well... They put you in DEP 25lvs over???? I need to find a recruiter like yours mine wasn't even going to talk until I got within 10lbs... I'm still undecided did you check out the other branches before making your decision?

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 04:38:28 (permalink)
    I'm in the process of losing weight too. Not really military though, Civil Air Patrol has weight restrictions on the air force uniforms. Slightly more lax that USAF but still need 30 pounds dropped before i can wear anything USAF uniform related. I've already lost 10 pounds. Cold weather is working against me at the moment though.
    srtie4k
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1589
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 04:59:41 (permalink)
    Don't eat/drink anything with lots of sugars (fruits are good though), and speed walk for 45min-1hr a day. You don't have to run to lose weight, all you need to do is continually spike your heart rate up to 170ish area to start burning fat.

Guaranteed you'll drop 20 pounds in a month easily.

Gaming Rig:
    Corsair Vegeance C70, Swiftech H220, Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz (1.24V), Asus Sabertooth Z77, Corsair AX860, 16GB Corsair Vegeance DDR3-1600 CL9 1.35V, EVGA GTX 670 FTW, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, Dell 2408WFP, Corsair K70 Cherry Red, Corsair M65, Logitech Z-5500 5.1
    Steambox/HTPC:
    Lian Li PC-Q01A, AMD A10-7800, ASRock FM2A88X-ITX, Seasonic ST30SF, 8GB Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866, Samsung 840 Evo 250GB MSATA SSD

Affiliate Code: KKDMX98FNV
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 05:49:34 (permalink)
    kaninja
    It takes a bit of discipline but here is what I did and the weight dropped really fast, including the belly fat I had since my late 20's.  If you want to lose weigh fast it can be done easily and healthily.

Cut all added sugar out.  No pop, no beer, no fruit juice, so pastries, no ice cream, etc., etc.

Try to avoid bread, pasta, potatoes, and dairy. etc.

DRINK ONLY WATER.  AT LEAST 6 GLASSES PER DAY.  Your pee should be pale yellow or clear.  If it is bright yellow, DRINK MORE WATER.

Oats, rice, Quinoa for carbs.  3 times per day max.  So Oatmeal for breakfast a small portion of rice for lunch, maybe quinoa for dinner......but small portions.  You don't need a plate full of rice, or 2 bowls of oatmeal....that is too many carbs.

Fish, Eggs, Steak, Chicken, Turkey are great for protein and you need this to maintain and repair the muscle you already have.

Lots of veggies, broccoli, spinach, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, etc.

Fruit, oranges, apples, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

Then the workout.......this is key, and you will need only 25 minutes or less.......the first time will suck.

Interval training is best as it works your whole body, burns a tonne of calories, and builds muscle....which burns more fat, and can be done at home with no equipment.

Here is an example of what I do and have shown others and they have all gotten amazing results (sounding like and infomercial ugh) unless they gave up.

With no more than a 5 second break between each exercise.  Do as many repetitions as you can do of each exercise for each one minute interval.  Use those 5 seconds between each exercise to write down how many you did...THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Squats for 1 minute
    Pushups for 1 minute
    Lunges for 1 minute (Alternating legs)
    Decline push-ups for 1 minute
    jumping jacks for 1 minute
    Mountain Climbers for 1 minutes
    Push-ups for 1 minute

You are done, DRINK WATER.  

That is just day one.  Now on day 2 the numbers you wrote down the previous day are your targets.  If you did 25 push-ups try 27, and so on.  Each day you push for more.  Then, on day 10, you go back to 1 minute intervals.....except you do the entire thing twice!

It is terrible, and awesome all at the same time.  You will eventually learn to love your free workout and you will lose weight and feel amazing.

Anyway, that is what I did......and I say my abs for the first time in 20 years in just under 2 months.

Good luck man.

As mentioned good exercise should help you get rid of that weight. The main key thing to remember is to burn more calories than you intake until the 25 pounds is lost. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 05:52:25 (permalink)
    Hey Moose another tip is before you go weigh in is too the day before not eat and take a big number 2. Also try to drink a little bit of liquid as possible enough where you dont feel dehydrated. I am sure you will lose 5 pounds just like that. Its basically the same thing that boxers do before a fight.

moose517
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 06:00:33 (permalink)
    right, yeah just stepped on the scale, when i started about a week ago i was at 217.6 i think it was and i'm at 212.4 now :)  Been doing my weigh in at the same time everyday to help ensure accurate readings.  I really need to keep track of how many calories i'm intaking daily so i can see where i'm at as far as burning them off.  I love that my phone has built in pedometer so i can track what i'm doing at work, my daily average is about 8 miles walked just at work which it claims is about 900 calories burned, and if accurate i guess i just need to displace what i eat minus 900 during excercise.
    LJennings
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 535
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 06:02:25 (permalink)
    Do you have Netflix?
    Good Eats: Episode 10 Live and Let Diet
    Not saying you will drop weight from watching TV, but might help get you on the right track when it comes to the food you eat.

Heatware
    i7 860, EVGA P55 SLI, EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC+ 3GB, Win 10 Pro 64-Bit, Crucial 240GB SSD, WD 500gig Caviar Black, Corsair Vengence 2x4gigs
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 07:21:30 (permalink)
    I think different things work differently for different people. I can say from experience that starvation diets will work but only temporarily.  For me, it's arm (triceps/biceps/forearms) and legs one to two days a week, chest,shoulders, back one to two days a week and then I do a little abs and legs some days and then heavy cardio (running or mountain biking) the other days.

Drinking a lot of water will make it so your not thirsty and make you have to pee more. Not that it's bad but just drinking water alone isn't going to help change things. Stay away from bad carbs and if you eat good carbs (wheat bread for instance) try to work out after to put them to use. I switched to Diet soda. Sure diet has tons of evil rotten things in it but I'll take that verses drinking calories AND the evil rotten cancer coke. 

I also have really good results using creatine for recovery. I can go past failure and really push it and the next day, I am not near as sore. The draw back is that stuff makes you retain water and fart like mad. At least for me anyways. lol
    houkom
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1283
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 08:15:37 (permalink)
    boomerman18
    Avoid over consumption of foods high in proteins unless you are putting on mass. It will build up and cause you to get fatter.

Don't listen to this. This is bull. Replace HIGH IN PROTEINS with HIGH IN CARBS. I'm speaking from experience (I've done bodybuilding shows, physique more specifically) that eating HIGH PROTEINS isn't going to make you fat. Im 5'10" and my "lean weight" was about 178-180 right before the show. I was consuming roughly 320g of Protein A DAY and did NOT put on mass. Quite the opposite. Increasing your protein intake will promote a healthier physique overall. It is when you start piling on the same amount of carbs as protein that you will see an increase in mass rather than a drop. If you did 320g Protein/300g carbs a day, youd be pretty much in a bulking cycle. If you did 320g Protein and 150g carbs, you're going to be in a cutting/leaning phase. Do NOT drop carbs completely as they are needed for energy and you'll only make yourself feel sick but feel free to LIMIT the amount that you intake.

What you need to do is pretty simple:
    * Drop the last soda from your diet. You do NOT need the sugar. Even if it's "sugar free" there are still caramel flavorings in the majority of sodas that still technically go against your intake for the day and will only hinder your ability to shed the fat.
    * Increase lean protein intake (Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, Buffalo), limit fatty proteins (Beef, Ham/Pork). Intake protein to roughly 1.25-1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. If you weigh 200lbs, you should be intaking close to 250-300g per day. AND YES, YOU WILL BE GASSY. THIS IS NORMAL.
    * Increase water intake. During my cutting stage, i was consuming 1.5-2 Gallons of water a day. I peed about every 30 minutes but it also keeps your body from storing too much extra water as youre constantly intaking water. *NOTE* Cold water will spike your metabolism for a short period of time. Using this throughout the day helps boost fat burning even while in a resting state.
    * Increase weight training. While you may think this goes along your ideals because lifting weights usually equals getting bigger, if you stick in the 10-12 rep range for all movements, you wont truly be putting on mass but will definitely help burn fat faster.
    * Increase cardio. I'm not saying go and run 5 miles, but the idea behind this is to do roughly 20 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) AFTER your workout. Immediately following a lifting session, your body is in fat burning mode. You have roughly 15-25 minutes to utilize this metabolic state to help amp up overall fat loss. Doing 20 minutes will put you right in the sweet spot and will definitely get you to drop weight very quickly (when done RIGHT AFTER your weight training).

PREP YOUR MEALS. You will not snack on crappy foods as much if you already have a meal ready that you can grab and heat up or grab and down immediately.

13900k | 64GB Trident Z5 6400mhz | MSI Z790 CARBON WIFI | MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X |  2TB Sabrent Rocket | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | Corsair AX1200

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 08:26:33 (permalink)
    I just beg, for all of you considering joining, to please pick your AFSC. Open General and Open Mechanical can get you in quicker, but there is a 95% chance that it will be the worst job possible that you get thrown into. If you pick it, at least you can't blame anyone else. I picked 5 and had to go back for a 6th, and I made it with the 6th choice... I love what I do. Life is normally amazing on a daily basis. It can be really bad if you don't like what you do though.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 08:27:07 (permalink)
    Man you guys make it seem like its rocket science to lose weight. Just move more and consume less and BAM you lose weight. You have to be disciplined to change your life style thats all.  Make sure when you work out YOU SWEAT!!!!!!! If your not sweating and if your not sore the next day, you did not work out as should have. Like I said you can eat EVERYTHING just in moderation. You need to not lack yourself of vital vitamins because those are they key to increase your metabolism so you can consume more and weigh less.  If you want to go fancy on a some kind of diet, start eating like a Arabic, Native American, Asian, Eastern European or Hindu. Those ethnicity with their cultures have healthier foods than the typical North American diet.(Yes that includes Mexico and Canada)

RikkiTorment
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 379
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 08:31:42 (permalink)
    As expected, the advice in here is very "hit or miss."

You want to lose weight?

Weight less is mostly achieved in the kitchen, what you put into your body is what you are going to get out of your body.  It's very rare for someone living a regular life style to be able to shovel **** in their mouth and still see equal gains of someone who eats clean.

Cut.  Cut.  Cut.  Lower your sugar intake and go with complex carbs if you have to, basically nothing white.  (bread, pasta, rice, flour)

For quicker results, look into adopting a high intensity interval training program of your own but NEVER forget leg day!! ;)

"Is our skin to keep the world out or our bodies in?"

ASRock Xtreme6
    Intel i7 4820k 4.5ghz air cooled
    16gb G.Skill Trident X Quad Channel 2400
    EVGA GTX 770 2GB SC x2
    BF3PRO
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 09:10:58 (permalink)
    I was giving the advice my recruiter(s) gave me... You won't build mass if you consume high amounts of protein if you don't do things that will make you build mass.... Cardio and eating right is all you really need.... We are thinking too deep into this matter.... Just do high protein and nothing but water don't forget broccoli and boom you'll be BMT ready in no time.... Did you ask your recruiter for advice? How often do you go to your dep pt?
    post edited by BF3PRO - 2014/11/18 09:47:23

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 09:23:32 (permalink)
    If you can handle the ketosis diet, that will make you lose weight like crazy. It's all meat pretty much... limiting your carbs to about 50-100 a day and watch your caloric intake. If you use the fitness pal app on your phone, you can get a decent idea of how many calories you are able to consume per day.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

jeffro66
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 09:56:00 (permalink)
    houkom
    boomerman18

Don't listen to this. This is bull. Replace HIGH IN PROTEINS with HIGH IN CARBS. I'm speaking from experience (I've done bodybuilding shows, physique more specifically) that eating HIGH PROTEINS isn't going to make you fat. Im 5'10" and my "lean weight" was about 178-180 right before the show. I was consuming roughly 320g of Protein A DAY and did NOT put on mass. Quite the opposite. Increasing your protein intake will promote a healthier physique overall. It is when you start piling on the same amount of carbs as protein that you will see an increase in mass rather than a drop. If you did 320g Protein/300g carbs a day, youd be pretty much in a bulking cycle. If you did 320g Protein and 150g carbs, you're going to be in a cutting/leaning phase. Do NOT drop carbs completely as they are needed for energy and you'll only make yourself feel sick but feel free to LIMIT the amount that you intake.

What you need to do is pretty simple:
    * Drop the last soda from your diet. You do NOT need the sugar. Even if it's "sugar free" there are still caramel flavorings in the majority of sodas that still technically go against your intake for the day and will only hinder your ability to shed the fat.
    * Increase lean protein intake (Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Deer, Buffalo), limit fatty proteins (Beef, Ham/Pork). Intake protein to roughly 1.25-1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. If you weigh 200lbs, you should be intaking close to 250-300g per day. AND YES, YOU WILL BE GASSY. THIS IS NORMAL.
    * Increase water intake. During my cutting stage, i was consuming 1.5-2 Gallons of water a day. I peed about every 30 minutes but it also keeps your body from storing too much extra water as youre constantly intaking water. *NOTE* Cold water will spike your metabolism for a short period of time. Using this throughout the day helps boost fat burning even while in a resting state.
    * Increase weight training. While you may think this goes along your ideals because lifting weights usually equals getting bigger, if you stick in the 10-12 rep range for all movements, you wont truly be putting on mass but will definitely help burn fat faster.
    * Increase cardio. I'm not saying go and run 5 miles, but the idea behind this is to do roughly 20 minutes of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) AFTER your workout. Immediately following a lifting session, your body is in fat burning mode. You have roughly 15-25 minutes to utilize this metabolic state to help amp up overall fat loss. Doing 20 minutes will put you right in the sweet spot and will definitely get you to drop weight very quickly (when done RIGHT AFTER your weight training).

PREP YOUR MEALS. You will not snack on crappy foods as much if you already have a meal ready that you can grab and heat up or grab and down immediately.

this is spot on pretty much what I do but I weigh way to much 275 and a lot is muscle but still I would like to be back to 230 range im 6'4 to by the way

lian li 360b galahad aio
     ,Nvidia RTX4090 FE
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18924
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 10:46:14 (permalink)

"Negative" calorie food - the theory is the body takes a lot more energy to process the food than regular food. Things like celery & carrots are good, maybe make a vege soup with those and some spring onion (scallions), throw in some stewed tomato,green beans & green pepper and eat as much as you want, you will lose weight if you stick to that and water/black coffee, and green leafy veges like lettuce, broccoli and spinach. Every 5-7 days have a small lean steak and boiled potato.

post edited by Nereus - 2014/11/18 10:47:59

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/18 11:05:35 (permalink)
    First you must to forget on sweet food, cakes, chocolates, fast food, swain meat and similar stuff, french fries and anything with fat. 
    Try to eat salad, vegetables, boiled vegetables, but not on water because become disgusting, best cooked on vapor. You must start to eat as top model, they are skin and bones. From meat only chicken white meat and fish. Off course you have thousands sort of diets... On paste and similar stuff best from me, Italian food you can forget, same as on bread. Off course you will be hungry and you will have problem with sleep because of that.
    Best is people with fast metabolism who can eat what they want and always stay same weight. 
    Even if you go in restaurant with fast food try to eat some salad for girls and similar stuff, on best stuff as sausages, Mexican food, hamburgers, stakes with french fries, McDonalds and such things only when you lose how much you plan. 
    post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/11/18 11:08:46

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Loosing weight 2014/11/19 08:49:09 (permalink)
    For me, more liquids, and lots of stairs and walking.

Any rice (just watch ur portions) or whole grain Cereals with 2% milk (rice and almond milks as well)
    Jello
    Lean meats, like chicken, 90% beef, stay away from pork.

And for me, staying away from yeast breads( Ive never cared for pasta), fried foods, soda, and sugars.

Ive lost 50lbs, and 3 inches, since last April, and Im keeping it off.

post edited by knightsilver - 2014/11/19 08:50:55
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile