EVGA

Helpful ReplyIs there any way to make my computer quieter?

Author
taynoda01
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/10 14:15:35 (permalink)
     Recently I had purchased the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (the EVGA - GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphic Card - 1.02 GHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16 to be exact) and when I had started running it, it ran games great. The only problem was that one of the fans in my computer started vibrating and humming faster than it ever did while running my old video card. I am sure that it is not the fan on my video card. I want to know why the fan started spinning insanely fast and vibrating insanely loud, and if there is a way to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help!

post edited by taynoda01 - 2016/06/12 08:08:06
slayer_27
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4982
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Is there any way to make my computer quieter? 2016/06/11 16:58:48 (permalink)
You may have just bumped it while installing the new card. Do you know which fan it is? Most fans spin between 1500-2000 rpm, some higher, some lower, if one is loose the loss of balance would cause it to vibrate. All you should have to do is tighten the loose fan.

Your old card could have also been a serious bottleneck on your CPU, now it is being utilized more, needing more aggressive cooling. The solution would be better cooling either for the CPU or case.

CPU - i7 950 @ 4.2GHz 1.375v
MB - MSI Big Bang X-Power X58
RAM - 12GB 1600MHz G.Skill Sniper
GPU - EVGA 980 Ti 1438/3600
BOOT - Adata SX 900
SSD - 2x Samsung 850 RAID 0
PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W
CASE - HAF X
Heatware
FireStrike
Register using my affiliate code: EZQYYFBL7B
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Is there any way to make my computer quieter? 2016/06/11 17:04:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby taynoda01 2016/06/12 08:09:15
A majority of the time, larger fans are quieter or at least in the frequencies that seem to be louder. Basic sound control would be to
1. Isolate what is causing the sound/vibration from the rest of the case  (Rubber washers between the case and fan) and even the case itself from the desk with rubber feet.
2. Deaden the sound inside the case- sound absorption with foam or another way to stop or lessen sound reflections from bouncing around.
3. Mechanical intervention- if a piece of hardware has a component that is worn out and can not be fixed, you may have to replace it.
wizsteve
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Is there any way to make my computer quieter? 2016/06/26 01:45:41 (permalink)
taynoda01
     Recently I had purchased the EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (the EVGA - GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphic Card - 1.02 GHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16 to be exact) and when I had started running it, it ran games great. The only problem was that one of the fans in my computer started vibrating and humming faster than it ever did while running my old video card. I am sure that it is not the fan on my video card. I want to know why the fan started spinning insanely fast and vibrating insanely loud, and if there is a way to fix it. Thanks in advance for any help!

If this is at idle from a cold start than that Could rule  out a heat issue ,Heat is my first thoughts however making sure you have positive airflow is important .So my simple fix would to be to replace the fan in question .and add a extra intake fan . If it's not heat and there are no options on speed control or rpms and replacing the fan and adding another didn't fix it, Than I would check the power going into the fan..(did you unplug and plug things back into the motherboard? did you double check you work? check all fan connectors on the motherboard did you miss a pin? )

If the fan in question is either the cpu fan or the gpu fan you may want to look into water cooling part of your rig or upgrade the heatsinks (look for all copper heat sinks )
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile