I say down with Rust.

Author
Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 30
2014/10/05 16:58:21 (permalink)
                    It may be OK to you to treat your customers, people who have spent money and countless hours on a game you can't get right, like they are just garbage, but what that gets you are people who spread the word about how awful things owned by you or have your names on it are treated. I will spread this information to every forum I can find, and they will spread the information as well. These moderators of yours are not only RUDE, and childish, they are ignorant to what is ok and what is not. I registered simply to make a complaint in my friends name and in the few minutes I had an account I saw nothing but swearing and belligerent ignorance being allowed everywhere.

To you Facepunch and to your forum moderators I say goodbye. I will also be petitioning to get my money back for the broken game that still don't work properly.

Below is the post I made on your forums that got me banned, but allows swearing etc. look for it at in forums everywhere...

First off I don't care if you ban me. I think your game is crap, but you ban a guy who is 61 years, has put in a thousand hours on Rust because he made an opinion? Your all idiots.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3fSZJPt.png[/img]

And in case the image isn't enough here it is in all text:

rhettman5
1S2K Mods

Banned from Facepunch
« on: Yesterday at 09:36:41 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifySplit TopicSplit Topic

I made a post at face-punch today about how boring the "legacy" version had become, and how the new version was basically unplayable due to lag, and broken UI... so when I went to check on any replies, I got this message "

You have been banned for the following reason:
Rude, too young to be here.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never  "

I am assuming 61 is not old enough, so I must be rude for pointing out the flaws of a "new release" game (gimme a break)

So, you either drink the cool-aid, or get banned, no problem, just cleared some room on my hard drive... I suggest you all do the same...Garry's mod is gone also :)
Modify message

rhettman5
1S2K Mods

Re: Banned from Facepunch
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 10:05:36 PM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifySplit TopicSplit Topic

My Steam review of Rust :)

"After over 1,000 hourd of playing this game, I was banned "forever" for making one critical post about the development of the game. I used no profanity, just pointed out the seeming lack of direction the game has.... it was my first post to facepunch. soooo, I would not spend one red cent on anything these guys do, they take your money, your time, promise the world and then ban you if you complain, it is NOT a new game , it just has a snail pace of development. do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on this. I deleted this and Garry's mod from my PC and will never look back...a bunch of losers at facepunch... Rhett "

AND My ban for posting the above:

http://imgur.com/T1xdOKj

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

19 Replies Related Threads

NazcaC2
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 7420
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 20:24:13 (permalink)
    I do agree about the majority of the community being childish and the moderators being ban-happy. I do like the game though (it is early access and an alpha) and it does get updated daily. I do avoid confrontation at all costs on their forum, even when others attack my opinion/facts.

Intel i9-12900K
    ASUS Prime Z690-A
    Corsair 850W RM850x
    Windows 11 Professional
    Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
    Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 21:29:50 (permalink)
    Sounds pretty lame. Don't think I'd want to pay for a game where the developers don't listen to the people playing the alpha.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 21:34:58 (permalink)
    Precisely

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!

mouse53
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 159
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 21:58:11 (permalink)
    So I'm not the only one here 61 or older. I think you did the right thing.  No reason to be treated like that for an opinion,  no matter how old or young you are.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 22:01:07 (permalink)

61? Thought you were in your 30's. You don't look a day over 35, last time I saw your pic with your dog Hershey.         ;)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 22:12:50 (permalink)
    My friend is 61 X....Read the post :P Rhettman is my 1S2K clan buddy, I made an account just to post that and got banned lol... *shrugs*

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 22:14:37 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    My friend is 61 X....Read the post :P Rhettman is my 1S2K clan buddy, I made an account just to post that and got banned lol... *shrugs*

Sorry, my bad. You don't need Rust anyway. Play BF4.          =)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/05 22:16:50 (permalink)
    I played too much of rust, and I have BF4, it's just as bad... Crap buggy game...

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/06 00:28:04 (permalink)
    Everyone i know quit playing Rust after the first 2 months. The game is for cheaters and people who like to be pricks.
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/06 09:04:25 (permalink)
    Gary himself thinks its ok to ban someone criticising his game. But hackers?? PSH that is ok.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/06 09:17:27 (permalink)
    I see this as a huge issue with STeam the past few years -  allow a ton of 'greenlit' games/ Devs on the site -> take your money ->  then disappear  ( no oversight, no recourse to fall back on for issues )

ie: Steam has poor customer service

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/07 12:34:06 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    Gary himself thinks its ok to ban someone criticising his game. But hackers?? PSH that is ok.

Gary manually blocked another person from playing on any Rust server. The player was never caught cheating and doesn't have a VAC ban on record.

hutt132
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 504
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/07 23:53:41 (permalink)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    I played too much of rust, and I have BF4, it's just as bad... Crap buggy game...

The fall patch for BF4 isn't that bad. I think it made the game a lot better.

i7 8700k | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2
    Affiliate Code: JDO7EWS1SF
    Baltothewolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3762
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/08 02:19:15 (permalink)
    hutt132
    Chrome-M-Dragon

The fall patch for BF4 isn't that bad. I think it made the game a lot better.

Agreed. I played about 10-14 hours of BF4 the past couple days, and my hit detection has gone way, WAY up. Also I don't seem to die behind walls as much as I used to (their lag). 

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
    -7700HQ.
    -16GB RAM.
    -GTX 1070.
    -128GB SSD.
    -1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

jjones90
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/09 05:43:24 (permalink)
    People criticize rust on the subforum all the time and don't get banned. Want to know why? Most of their >1 posts at least have a smidgen of constructive criticism instead of being a load of garble about how the developers are evil money grubbers and the game sucks (Havent played it myself, but it can't have been that bad to sink 1k hours into it...)

Here is the post original post:
    Well, I and the rest of my clan have just quit playing, it's become boring as he** ,admin abuse is rampant, as are cheaters, when I try the new version, it is as buggy and there is No POINT to it. They were better off with zombies than the "dreaded "red animals", but if you want to continue to feed the pocketbooks of these guys, feel free.. and don't tell me if I don't like it to not play, it's already happened.. early access BS, there have been games made from the ground up while they take your money and introduce a new blade of grass...WAKE UP LOSERS !!

I suggest you grow up and either come back when the game is officially released and see if its to your standards, or take this as a lesson and hold off buying early access games in future. The game is in heavy development by a small studio who still aren't even sure what direction they want to take it / could never have anticipated how popular it was going to be (And they have every right to be, thats the whole point of early access), being ignorant and acting like they can wave a magic wand and make all the problems go away but are choosing not to helps nobody.

Also they run a development blog with constant updates, screenshots, videos on the status of the game, where you can clearly see the current status and what your EA money is paying towards
    post edited by jjones90 - 2014/10/09 05:49:33
    NazcaC2
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 7420
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/09 09:46:07 (permalink)
    OK, I do agree that, that quoted post was a bit severe.  Most of people with that attitude do get banned for attitude or lack thereof.  They don't ban for nonsense, but I think they're also sensitive based on the content posted - nothing wrong with that if you post reasonably.  Childish posts and ban-happy go hand in hand - they want to get the point across that their place isn't the place to do it.

Intel i9-12900K
    ASUS Prime Z690-A
    Corsair 850W RM850x
    Windows 11 Professional
    Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
    Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
    EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
    4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
    Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/09 15:47:06 (permalink)
    jjones90
    People criticize rust on the subforum all the time and don't get banned. Want to know why? Most of their >1 posts at least have a smidgen of constructive criticism instead of being a load of garble about how the developers are evil money grubbers and the game sucks (Havent played it myself, but it can't have been that bad to sink 1k hours into it...)

Well, I and the rest of my clan have just quit playing, it's become boring as he** ,admin abuse is rampant, as are cheaters, when I try the new version, it is as buggy and there is No POINT to it. They were better off with zombies than the "dreaded "red animals", but if you want to continue to feed the pocketbooks of these guys, feel free.. and don't tell me if I don't like it to not play, it's already happened.. early access BS, there have been games made from the ground up while they take your money and introduce a new blade of grass...WAKE UP LOSERS !!

I suggest you grow up and either come back when the game is officially released and see if its to your standards, or take this as a lesson and hold off buying early access games in future. The game is in heavy development by a small studio who still aren't even sure what direction they want to take it / could never have anticipated how popular it was going to be (And they have every right to be, thats the whole point of early access), being ignorant and acting like they can wave a magic wand and make all the problems go away but are choosing not to helps nobody.

Also they run a development blog with constant updates, screenshots, videos on the status of the game, where you can clearly see the current status and what your EA money is paying towards

If a customer criticize the game, that doesn't give the developer the right to ban them from playing on any rust server at all.

The original post is honest about the game. Server admins do abuse their powers and the game is plagued by cheaters. The game could use a system like Fairfight. 

jjones90
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/09 16:09:36 (permalink)
    MSim
    jjones90

If a customer criticize the game, that doesn't give the developer the right to ban them from playing on any rust server at all.

The original post is honest about the game. Server admins do abuse their powers and the game is plagued by cheaters. The game could use a system like Fairfight. 

Only one person to my knowledge has been hard coded as a default ban on all servers unless a server owner removes them from the ban file, and it was for a good reason. That person decided to try and file legal action against Garry but I don't know what came of it. The guys that were banned here were only banned from the forums for posting in an inflammatory manner, as you would expect from any decent forum.

The Facepunch forums aren't exclusive to Rust and have been running for almost 15 years. The Rust section is no exception to the forum rules and is heavily moderated because the game has sold upwards of 1 million copies, and they don't take well to posts like the above because the forum has basically been spammed by kids whining with nothing constructive to say. It isn't about silencing criticism, its about banning people who can't post with any kind of decency and whose only purpose is to clog up the forum and block out those that can actually post in a constructive way. If you look its filled with criticisms, but the only people banned you will find are like in the posts above who are breaking forum rules.

As per server admins, 99% of the servers are privately run so it would be like complaining to any developer about admins abusing powers on servers on their game. 

Cheaters are being banned as well. They tested a new system back in March which banned 4500 people in one weekend, that is something they developed on top of VAC and are also looking at a 3rd party anticheat. There have been thousands upon thousands of people posting 'WHY WAS I VAC BANNED!?!?!' threads, so it isn't exactly Garry's fault that VAC usually takes a few weeks after detection to ban a cheater rather than instantly.

Cheaters are always going to be a problem on any game, but they can't really be accused of ignoring the problem when people are being banned left right and centre, its just such a popular game especially with younger people that they are always going to be cheaters. A good server with good admins is the best defense.
    post edited by jjones90 - 2014/10/09 16:19:41
    IronPi
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: I say down with Rust. 2014/10/22 03:57:54 (permalink)
    MSim
    Chrome-M-Dragon

Gary manually blocked another person from playing on any Rust server. The player was never caught cheating and doesn't have a VAC ban on record.

Lol yeah that was me. Just confirmed it then. Still banned on my own created server. -_-

All good though, I can mod the DLL where it loads my ban and remove it from the code.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile