EVGA

How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2016/08/05 06:49:33 (permalink)

I thought I share this awesome video with you all. Hopefully all of you that come across this thread have the attention span to sit through this educational video. I am VERY BIG advocate when it comes to ones health. I cant say enough how I love and appreciate Dr. Micheal Greger's work and service for bringing awareness to the public about health. This is why I am a vegan for optimal health and performance. Also I am vegan for the moral reason on the behalf of animals as well. But I hope you all enjoy and learning something new.

I will leave you all with these quotes.

62 Replies Related Threads

Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4928
    • Ribbons : 18
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/05 14:36:25 (permalink)
    You can keep the veggies. I like meat way too much. Noting like a good steak or a nice greasy pork shop.

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    HPLP3065 30in Monitor 2560x1600
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/05 15:51:22 (permalink)
    Shockjockey
    You can keep the veggies. I like meat way too much. Noting like a good steak or a nice greasy pork shop.

Thanks I will and its not just about eating veggies, its about eating fruit and whole grain carbohydrates too for optimal health. Well that is fine brother if you want to continue to eat meat, dairy, eggs, and processed food with additives. All I hope just like Dr. Micheal Greger is that you are aware of the consequences for eating such a diet. Just remember if one of these 15 illnesses happens to you, you know the reason behind it as well as how to reverse it. The saying we all know is very valid, " You truly are what you eat".

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/05 21:37:32 (permalink)
    Do you want to live to be so old you can't even go to the bathroom by yourself.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/07 13:17:02 (permalink)
    What are the consequences for eating two eggs a day? Given they are organic without contaminants.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 03:09:54 (permalink)
    boylerya
    What are the consequences for eating two eggs a day? Given they are organic without contaminants.

Here is food for thought.

Also here is another video Dr. Micheal Gregor did about eggs.

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8248
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 06:50:18 (permalink)
    One website/doctor will tell you eggs are not that bad, the next will tell you they will kill you. One will say the worst thing you can do is eat grain and the next will tell you that high sugar fruits are no good. I have heard the same thing about butter, soy, wheat ect...ect...ect...ect...

I grow some of my own veggies and I believe in eating them but it's not realistic to think that I am going to make my lunch every day and that every meal is going to be good for me. I think the stress of trying to figure out what to eat is enough to kill you. I have tried eating for my body type (which ended up being meats! HA HA HA) I have tried all organic along with plenty of other types and I have come to the conclusion that what works for me and my lifestyle is watching portions, staying away from the obvious bad fast food and eating a good amount of vegetables  with some good old fashioned exercise in there too. 
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 07:09:18 (permalink)
    How not to die:

Don't live.

Otherwise dying isn't something you can avoid. While I appreciate people wanting me to live longer,
    quality of life comes into play even if you eat healthy.

My Grandmother was healthy in eating, lived to 98...but had arthritis so bad for over 15 years she couldn't move.

Nah..that's not living..that's being a prisoner in your own body.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 07:46:40 (permalink)
    agent8
    One website/doctor will tell you eggs are not that bad, the next will tell you they will kill you. One will say the worst thing you can do is eat grain and the next will tell you that high sugar fruits are no good. I have heard the same thing about butter, soy, wheat ect...ect...ect...ect...

I grow some of my own veggies and I believe in eating them but it's not realistic to think that I am going to make my lunch every day and that every meal is going to be good for me. I think the stress of trying to figure out what to eat is enough to kill you. I have tried eating for my body type (which ended up being meats! HA HA HA) I have tried all organic along with plenty of other types and I have come to the conclusion that what works for me and my lifestyle is watching portions, staying away from the obvious bad fast food and eating a good amount of vegetables  with some good old fashioned exercise in there too. 

Well did you watch all of the video? You cant argue that not eating whole foods and a plant based diet is the best thing some can do to improve overall health. The best possible scenario you can possible do is stay away from processed crap as much as you can. It is true though meat dairy and eggs is terrible for you. Heck even the World Health Organization finally admitted it. Take a look around you if you live in America. 78% of the population is either over weight or even worse obese. I cant go a day in my life in America without seeing a overweight person. We have a culture that is stuck on meat, dairy, egg, and processed food consumption. Yet America spends the most on healthcare than any other nation on the planet and if the U.S. health care system was a country, it would be the 6th largest economy on the entire planet. America has the highest rates of all those 15 illnesses than any other country as well. America also pops the most pills compared to any other nation on the planet. So why is that? Hmm of course life style factors in and you can argue some environmental healthcare problems. But America is the most industrialized nation on the planet(well China is catching up) and yet people die a lot sooner than most third world countries THAT IS when it comes to health problems.

By the way eating a whole foods diet is not that complicated at all. Your just making it complicated on yourself. I am sure you can just google or YouTube search great whole food meals and recipes. 

Last thing is since your saying one doctor says this and another says that, basically he said she said stuff. Just know that doctors are one of the most terrible people to get nutrition advice from. Most doctors go to school for medicine not nutrition. Out of the 8 years of their schooling, they only have 3-4 hours of learning about nutrition. That is why you need to go see an actual nutritionist. Most doctors go to school on how to treat your illness with prescription drugs and these big pharmaceutical companies make a fortune off of your misery. Most of these doctors never tell you that eating a whole foods diet and staying away from proccesed crap can help prevent or even reverse these 15 illeness. But they dont tell you because they wont get all the nice fancy money from prescribing you these prescription drugs. 

Also watch this movie about people reversing one or more of these 15 illness by eating a plant based whole foods diet.

Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 07:54:15 (permalink)
    When I was fighting cancer my doctor said I needed 4500 calories per day Minimum to beat it. He told me to eat as much meat, fat and protein as I could. 2 years later after chemo, surgery and radiation I am cancer free. My type of cancer was very difficult. If a high protein diet helps with cancer I cant see how it would be bad any other time.

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 08:08:15 (permalink)
    Shockjockey
    When I was fighting cancer my doctor said I needed 4500 calories per day Minimum to beat it. He told me to eat as much meat, fat and protein as I could. 2 years later after chemo, surgery and radiation I am cancer free. My type of cancer was very difficult. If a high protein diet helps with cancer I cant see how it would be bad any other time.

First off thank goodness your cancer free! Just the thought of cancer is heartbreaking. If you dont mind how did you get cancer in the first place? Probably from a bad diet I assume. Also you did chemo which that in terms kills both the bad and good cells in your body so that will play a role significantly of being free.  I highly doubt your cancer went away from eating a high fat protein diet. Such diets like that 98% of the time lead to cancer or illness in the first place. Hopefully your not overweight now by having a diet such as that because if so, you can end up having your cancer come back once more, or get struck by some other kind of illness and I sure as heck dont ever want that to happen.
    post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2016/08/08 08:10:22

Shockjockey
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 10:26:27 (permalink)
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    Shockjockey

First off thank goodness your cancer free! Just the thought of cancer is heartbreaking. If you dont mind how did you get cancer in the first place? Probably from a bad diet I assume. Also you did chemo which that in terms kills both the bad and good cells in your body so that will play a role significantly of being free.  I highly doubt your cancer went away from eating a high fat protein diet. Such diets like that 98% of the time lead to cancer or illness in the first place. Hopefully your not overweight now by having a diet such as that because if so, you can end up having your cancer come back once more, or get struck by some other kind of illness and I sure as heck dont ever want that to happen.

I Don't think it was my diet. Smoking for 35 years didn't help LOL. I think your genes determine your longevity more than anything. Absolutely no heart disease in my family, most live to be 90+ on fathers side and mothers side 75 . All are country folk that never worry about dieting. If I get 80 years I will truly be happy. I would rather enjoy life and not worry about it then live a longer life worrying.

Asus Sabertooth x99
    5930k (4.5ghz)
    16gb Corsair DDR4 (3000)
    EVGA 1000w psu
    Zotac 980ti x 2
    Samsung 850 pro 500 SSD
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 10:41:46 (permalink)
    I believe in webmd considering they are the only reputable website to at least acknowledge the possibility of garlic being a danger to human health.
    http://www.m.webmd.com/di...on-theyre-hard-to-beat
    Here is a followup source: https://authoritynutritio...st-food-on-the-planet/

Your source leaves out details of the quality of eggs being studied due to not all eggs being equal, ignore the text and look at the photo of eggs lined up, its the best pic i can find: https://www.thaqafnafsak....D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A1.html
    The egg on the far right is a cheap egg from a deprived hen that is prob what the study u linked us to was the egg of focus. When i eat an egg like that i cover the flavor up with things like salt and ketchup. Now the egg on the far left is greenish and laid by a hen that was nurtured for great health and diet. That treatment is represented in the egg yolk color being orangish red, which here in WA i know someone that produces these green eggs and i will eat them straight because they taste naturally great.

However the biggest health risk with eggs besides eating too many is the ability for contaminants to be in the egg from the hen being exposed. In the areas surrounding the baltic sea which the sediments are filled with the most dangerous organic contaminant known to man, dioxin, among other cancer causing organic pollutants. For those that dont know dioxin will mutate your genetics and is very, very dangerous to human health. Dioxin is so bad in those areas of europe that the hens were exposed and produced dioxin contaminated eggs that created an obvious health risk. Im not saying the study was done on these eggs but this type of messed up situation can make people think eggs cause cancer if they are not well informed.
    Ive always been a believer that eating meat as the primary source of food would lead to an early death, however there is an american that eats meat freshly butchered from a local source that properly raises the cattle. He eats the meat raw with butter. Guy claims he has perfect health and he must be over 60 at least. So altho the only source of food from an animal i will eat are eggs with a rarity being milk, i believe there is not only one successful diet that will get a human thru life without health problems. But the issue with meat causing cancer may lie with the diets and treatment of the animals, just like we see with eggs. If u feed animals a diet that increases risk of cancer, then possibly the meat from that animal will increase the risk of cancer for those that eat it. Which there are many contaminants spread throughout the environment that cause cancer such as dioxin and PCBs. These contaminants bioaccumulate into living hosts via sticking to fat cells that transfer to the next host when eatin, but burning the fat thru proper exercise can reduce the residency time to below the 15 year estimate for PCBs. Also not being obese helps tremendously. Now there are acceptable levels that the government will say is safe to eat and they wont pull it from sales. Altho these contaminants are most commonly found in ocean caught fish (atlantic moreso due to baltic sea and GE dumping millions of gallons of PCBs down the hudson river), its still possible for any harmful contaminant to collect in meat to transfer via bioaccumulation and different contaminants can magnify the dangerous health effects via biomagnification. Mind the fact that pacific caught fish is not much better due to the cesium- 137 having the property of excellent dispersial in water andspreading equally throughout the pacific, and eventually all oceans. Its these reasons that i dont eat any meat or egg product without knowing the treatment of the animals.
    post edited by boylerya - 2016/08/08 11:48:08

Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 11:10:59 (permalink)
    With just about everything being bad for you and the only things good for you tasting like crap, I would rather swallow a pill with all the "right things" in it and never bother with eating again.

Seriously, last time I went to the store with my wife, she had me pick out what I wanted to eat. Everything that looked good ended up being bad. The only thing I liked that wasn't totally bad for me was Wasabi flavored seaweed and even then, it was high in sodium.

I am going to invent a rubber parachute thing that you swallow so you can eat whatever the heck you want and then you just poop out rubber eggs so you don't have any of the bad effects. But then, the rubber will probably give you cancer or something...
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 11:29:10 (permalink)
    agent8
    With just about everything being bad for you and the only things good for you tasting like crap, I would rather swallow a pill with all the "right things" in it and never bother with eating again.

Seriously, last time I went to the store with my wife, she had me pick out what I wanted to eat. Everything that looked good ended up being bad. The only thing I liked that wasn't totally bad for me was Wasabi flavored seaweed and even then, it was high in sodium.

I am going to invent a rubber parachute thing that you swallow so you can eat whatever the heck you want and then you just poop out rubber eggs so you don't have any of the bad effects. But then, the rubber will probably give you cancer or something...

Its called bulimia. I recommend just chewing and spitting.

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/08 11:54:00 (permalink)
    I have a friend thats been a very heallthy vegan for about 20 years. Here is some good info for other vegans or people considering being vegan. I prefer eating eggs rather than eating this stuff: http://www.greenmedinfo.c...arket-contains-cyanide
    post edited by boylerya - 2016/08/08 11:55:08

Gunni101st
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 121
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/09 06:59:51 (permalink)
    The best diet is the Paleo diet. No refined sugars no bread no refined carbs. Only lean protein and fruits and veggies. Only water or tea to drink.
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/09 11:20:55 (permalink)
    Gunni101st
    The best diet is the Paleo diet. No refined sugars no bread no refined carbs. Only lean protein and fruits and veggies. Only water or tea to drink.

Google "tea overdose" and if it has caffeine google "caffeine brain damage." Given alcohol is worse but to deserve the statement of best...
    I think there might b a decaffeinated, nondiuretic green tea out there that is relatively all around healthy to drink, as long as it does not dehydrate...
    post edited by boylerya - 2016/08/09 12:25:27

Gunni101st
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 121
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/09 12:00:05 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Gunni101st

Google "tea overdose" and if it has caffeine google "caffeine brain damage." Given alcohol is worse but to deserve the statement of best...
    I think there might b a decaffeinated green tea out there that is relatively all around healthy to drink, as long as it does not dehydrate...

Well, everything in moderation.
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/11 01:50:11 (permalink)
    Gotta' love those "smart choices made easy" that is slapped on a bag of Lay's potato chips, and then reads, "Lay's potato chips are a smart choice because they are lower in sodium than other leading brands." Meanwhile you see someone eat the whole bag... Yep, smart choices alright. Keep chompin.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/11 18:09:31 (permalink)
    "Garlic is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth in large doses. Some sources suggest that high doses of garlic could be dangerous or even fatal to children. " Source: WebMD

These people are trying to kill your children:
    http://www.growingupherba...ld-to-eat-more-garlic/

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/13 07:16:15 (permalink)
    Gunni101st
    boylerya
    Gunni101st

I think there might b a decaffeinated green tea out there that is relatively all around healthy to drink, as long as it does not dehydrate...

Well, everything in moderation.

Dude moderation kills. Your describing the American diet. Basically the American diet at its very core is moderation. We are taught and misguided to believe that you can have a little bit of this and a little bit of that in moderation. Yea sure and then after that overtime you DIE from one of those 15 illness listed above in the video. Lets say I was a doctor and I had a smoking patient and that patient said to me "well doctor I only smoke in moderation so I think I will be fine." Well no they would not be fine. If something is bad for you regardless of what it is, you try to minimize it at all cost and if something is good for you, you try to maximize it. Everything in moderation always builds up overtime whether it be good or bad. In what universe would  some one say "lets be moderate about it and wear our seat belts half the time when driving a car." I say no on that of course because that one day you do not wear your seat belt could be the day you fly through the windshield. So in correlation if its a health behavior you do your best to minimize anything that is unhealthy and try to maximize anything beneficial to your health for your own good. At least we all can try to do our best at it and acknowledge that its the thing to be done.

kaninja
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8755
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/13 13:09:43 (permalink)
    Eating healthy is easy. Eat whole foods and not processed foods. Veggies, fruits, lean meats, and drink lots of water. Our rise in added sugar consumption has mirrored our increase in obesity and diabetes rates. Science also now tells us sugar is not "empty callories", and consumed in ecxess contributes to a list of metabolic diseases and new research indicates neurological disorders as well.

Whole foods and keep you body moving is the key.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
    WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 07:23:59 (permalink)

Another great video from Dr. Micheal Gregor that explains how animal based diet is as bad to cigarette smoking.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 07:40:45 (permalink)
    kaninja
    Eating healthy is easy. Eat whole foods and not processed foods. Veggies, fruits, lean meats, and drink lots of water. Our rise in added sugar consumption has mirrored our increase in obesity and diabetes rates. Science also now tells us sugar is not "empty callories", and consumed in ecxess contributes to a list of metabolic diseases and new research indicates neurological disorders as well.

Whole foods and keep you body moving is the key.

Your basically right on the spot with everything except for lean meats. No such thing as lean meats. Nothing lean about meat with all the fat, saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. Not to leave out all the hormones, additives/preservatives, antibiotics as well as other drugs the animals has consumed before slaughter. Also when you buy store meat, you are buying stressed meat from the slaughter houses of the meat, dairy, and egg industry. There is NOT a single benefit when eating meats except for one, which is keeping you full tell your next meal. No profound nutrients that help your body live longer that fight the 15 diseases listed above. This goes for any animal based product that is consumed. Just that the meat and dairy industries has spewed out advertisement and research propaganda which is linked up with the big pharmaceutical industries to make a profit off of people's misery of being nutritionally unhealthy.
    post edited by HAZMAN_THE_GREAT - 2016/08/22 07:42:24

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 07:42:58 (permalink)
    I guess if you have the time and money to pick out all the veggies that are not gmo and what-not, the lean meats that are not chemically treated and now the tea that is not caffeinated then that's great. I work 12 hours a day lately and the best I can do is a subway sandwich. No, it's not really healthy but my only other choice is Del Taco or some other yummy fast food place.
    HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 08:21:27 (permalink)
    agent8
    I guess if you have the time and money to pick out all the veggies that are not gmo and what-not, the lean meats that are not chemically treated and now the tea that is not caffeinated then that's great. I work 12 hours a day lately and the best I can do is a subway sandwich. No, it's not really healthy but my only other choice is Del Taco or some other yummy fast food place.

Hopefully your getting a veggie sandwich at subway. I tend to get that and then when I get home I add beans too it. Well some subway stores do have veggie patties sandwiches as too. Anyways you can always make lunch for yourself. I know the sake of convenience is one of the 4 reasons why people still consume animal products. I mean its up to you brother if your willing to go the extra mile to help yourself. I sure do understand how tiring 12 hours days are. I would imagine if you do work a typical 40 hour work week, you would have time off to rest for 3-4 days. I know many people tend to get discourage when it comes to buying fruits and vegetables. I am always told they dont last that long like your typical processed foods and you always have to go shopping more often than usual. BUT you can always buy frozen fruit and vegetables. They are still just as good as the regular deal and they last longer. Many frozen packages also come in already prepared vegan meals which is a plus as also. Being on a whole foods plant based diet will defiantly save you money for sure. I mean just think about it, a whole foods diet is basically peasant food lol. People can still eat vegan processed junk food that is out there. By the way a lot of your typical junk foods that people eat are vegan. Some foods for example are Doritos, popcorn, candies such as Sour Patch Kids, Chex mix, Oreo's, Pop tarts and more. Here is a link to see some more examples if your interested. The main thing is not to have any animal products of whatsoever in your food. By the way a good app to see what restaurant chains have vegan food is app called Happy Cow. That app can sure take the stress out of trying to figure out what is vegan to eat if you feel like eating out.

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 08:43:58 (permalink)
    We did end up getting one of these...

Since my garden is producing so much squash, we are making a ton of spaghetti with it so I guess that's a step in the right direction. We still end up putting chicken or turkey in it but it's pretty rare that there is red meat at our house.
    It would be pretty hard for me to give up meat entirely.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
    CLASSIFIED Member
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 09:11:51 (permalink)
    agent8
    We did end up getting one of these...

Since my garden is producing so much squash, we are making a ton of spaghetti with it so I guess that's a step in the right direction. We still end up putting chicken or turkey in it but it's pretty rare that there is red meat at our house.
    It would be pretty hard for me to give up meat entirely.

To answer your meme, the more I think about it, the more I realize NO ONE likes the taste of meat. You and everyone else absolutely despise it. The only thing you and everyone else likes is the way its prepared. So lets say I just killed a chicken right in front of you and said "go ahead Agent8 eat it." Now you would say "Hazman you must be crazy." You probably would want me to cook it, fry it, bake it, bread it, grill it, BBQ it, put some oil on it, sauce it up, spice it up, salt, pepper, sugar, add condiments, add vegetables and fruits to it, and just over all do something to it. You absolutely hate the way meat actually taste. You and everyone likes everything else that goes with it. Just think about it dude.

agent8
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 09:23:08 (permalink)
    As much as you have a point, I would say the EXACTLY same thing about any vegetable. I don't find the taste of any veggie good right off the stalk or from the ground. Carrots are nasty without ranch, squash needs spaghetti sauce and everything else to disguise that it is not spaghetti, broccoli only tastes good with cheese melted on top, onions only taste good grilled, potatoes need at least salt, lettuce tastes like eating nothing. I can go on and on. The only thing I can think of that tastes good without anything done to it is sweet corn and fruit.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile