EVGA

Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager.

Author
apclobbyist
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/04 13:22:03 (permalink)
My screen went gray and now the card isnt showing up in manager anymore. Last month I updated the driver and had the issues that arose from that and had to rollback to the previous version. Its worked fine since then until this morning.

I cant try to uninstall it or anything since it doesn't show up so I tried taking it out and reinstalling it to the mobo, nothing. It gave me error code 12 so I looked in the bios to see if I could turn off the bus or port to the on board graphics and couldn't find it.The monitor comes on when plugged directly into the pc but will go to sleep even with signal on anything over a certain resolution.

I'm lost at this point so any help or advice is greatly appreciated and if any more info is needed please ask.

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz   
    Kentsfield 65nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)
Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 2820h (XU1 PROCESSOR)   
Graphics
    Standard Monitor (1024x768@1Hz)
    Intel Video Controller (VGA Compatible) (HP)
Storage
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD5003AZEX-00K1GA0 ATA Device (SATA)   
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Z ATA Device
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

6 Replies Related Threads

NO_sauce
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 268
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/04 13:49:21 (permalink)
    In the BIOS you can check if the power supply is providing stable 12v. Usually this is found in Hardware Monitor or somewhere similar. A good reading would be between 11.4v - 12.6v  and should not fluctuate rapidly more than 0.05v.

If the power looks okay I would check the onboard graphics to make sure you are not getting a grey screen there as well. If everything looks fine from the onboard then you should test the graphics card in another system.

If you have a moment, please rate my service  Agent: Joseph L
    JonathanG
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/04 13:51:36 (permalink)
    Try using software called DDU (display driver uninstaller), which is available at http://www.wagnardmobile.com/, to wipe the Nvidia drivers from the system. Once you've ran this software you can download the latest drivers from geforce.com/drivers, select "Custom installation" and check the "Perform clean installation" box at the bottom of the installer. The best way to test the card would be in another system altogether since this type of error can come from having faulty drivers for other devices in your system "Code 12- This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use".

Erik
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 417
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/04 13:58:13 (permalink)
    If you can't disable the onboard outright, make sure to set the primary display adapter to either PCIe or PEG, depending on what the board has and make sure you are connecting your display directly to your GTX 750.  Could be that the board is trying to enable both outputs which it likely wouldn't be able to support, thus the resource issue.

If the only way you can get a display is via the onboard then it likely isn't going to work and you'll want to verify if the card is indeed working in another system.  Testing in another slot isn't going to be an option on that board either.  Most LGA 775 boards will need to have the GPU in first PCIe slot.
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/04 14:16:02 (permalink)

Moving to the 700 series section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    apclobbyist
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/04 14:51:53 (permalink)
    So Im about to restart and try to check the bios and make sure its set to the graphics card as mentioned here-set the primary display adapter to either PCIe or PEG. From what I found I need to make sure its set to PCIEx16. Is this correct so far?
    And when I plug it into the onbaord it does work but not up to my monitors resolution. Also my motherboard temps seem to be slightly higher then nomal-61c with just firefox open.

How do I turn off on-board graphics just to be sure that's not it? I cant find it in bios or would setting it to the graphics card if I can automatically do that? 

Thanks again for all the help, but I'm scared my card pooped out.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Help with gtx 750 not showing up in device manager. 2016/05/05 03:54:11 (permalink)
    It's an old HP motherboard so if there is not an onboard video setting to disable that video then it could be automatically switchable. A BIOs reset surely couldn't hurt as a last resort.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile