EVGA

Help, one of my DVI ports has stopped working GTX 460 EE

Author
shaytherogue
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/07/31 20:42:11 (permalink)
Hi, I have a problem with one of my DVI ports. It started today while playing a game, the monitor suddenly showed no signal but the sound continued fine (PC didn't crash). After troubleshooting for a bit I discovered the following behavior.

The DVI port on the right (the one I always had my monitor plugged in to), now only works if I don't play a game. Web browsing etc is fine, but when I play anything or run a bench marking tool it gets no signal. Starts happening once the card hits around 65c.

The Middle DVI port works fine in all situations (so far), I've never used that one until now. When the right DVI port lost signal I plugged it into this port and the monitor came back on.

The HDMI port on the left I can't check atm, so I don't know how it would behave.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Will the card get worse and eventually crap out on the other DVI port as well? I only use one monitor, so having 2 working DVI ports is not important to me. I only got this card back from EVGA 6 month ago after RMA'ing my old card that was artifacting.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2 Replies Related Threads

Gomez99
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2637
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Help, one of my DVI ports has stopped working GTX 460 EE 2014/07/31 22:04:48 (permalink)
    As long as you only need one DVI port just use the working one. If you want you can RMA the card if still in warranty

ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Help, one of my DVI ports has stopped working GTX 460 EE 2014/08/01 04:25:37 (permalink)
    shaytherogue
    Hi, I have a problem with one of my DVI ports. It started today while playing a game, the monitor suddenly showed no signal but the sound continued fine (PC didn't crash). After troubleshooting for a bit I discovered the following behavior.

The DVI port on the right (the one I always had my monitor plugged in to), now only works if I don't play a game. Web browsing etc is fine, but when I play anything or run a bench marking tool it gets no signal. Starts happening once the card hits around 65c.

The Middle DVI port works fine in all situations (so far), I've never used that one until now. When the right DVI port lost signal I plugged it into this port and the monitor came back on.

The HDMI port on the left I can't check atm, so I don't know how it would behave.

Anyone know what the issue could be? Will the card get worse and eventually crap out on the other DVI port as well? I only use one monitor, so having 2 working DVI ports is not important to me. I only got this card back from EVGA 6 month ago after RMA'ing my old card that was artifacting.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Your card is still under warranty, and we'd easily process another RMA request for you. Please go to http://www.evga.com/support/rma.asp to begin. I've already entered a support ticket for you. PM me, call our support line at 888.881.3842, or submit a support request from your "My Products" page if you have any troubles.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile