Guide to Enhancing PC Games.

Author
boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/22 20:55:35 (permalink)
This guide was created for the purpose of providing information for EVGA forum users when enhancing their PC games through various means.  One program may not work with another, but apparently both SweetFX and ENB can be used if the "d3d9.dll" associated with ENB is changed to "d3d9_enb.dll" .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ReShade / SweetFX is a collection of post-processing shader effects for Direct3D8 through Direct3D11 or OpenGL 4.3 (or more recent version of OpenGL) games.  32 and 64-bit compatible.  Download here: reshade.me/sweetfx
ReShade has an autodetect feature when you use the program to open the games executable file (.exe).

An older version of SweetFX 64-bit without ReShade is located here that you copy all the files over to the game folder you want to enhance that contains the games executable file (.exe) for starting the game: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604
SweetFX_settings is one of the few files to copy over to the game folder, and is the only one you want to edit the values of.  The top section labelled "Choose effects" allows the user to turn on and off the various effects using a 0 (off) or a 1 (on).  After this section, each of the various effects has its own section with values to tweak to your liking, or copy over from a preset posted online.  Save the file when you are done and start the game.  The scroll lock key acts as a shortcut for enabling and disabling this program while in-game, but can be changed in the SweetFX_settings file you copy into the game folder.

Presets for games are located here, I recommend copying the values over manually due to presets containing various versions of SweetFX that may contain different settings to change: https://sfx.thelazy.net/ 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GeDoSaTo is a program that modifies the game to downsample at a higher resolution than what your display can handle if desired, as well as other various effects such as hiding the HUD and injecting various effects.  Instructions and download here: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
ENBSeries contains graphic modifications, patches, converters, and tools.  Game specific downloads are listed on their website
here: http://enbdev.com/download.htm
A generic mod is also listed under "Graphic modifications" for those that want to try to make it work on other games not on the list.
Helix MOD is a combination of graphical enhancements and game fixes.  Find the game you are looking for in their gamelist: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/10/game-list-automatically-updated.html and the necessary file will be inside.  Guides and installation help are easy to find on their site, but here is a link just in case: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2013/07/installation-known-issues.html?utm_source=BP_recent 
Flawless Widescreen is a fix for when a game is stretching the image on the aspect ratio of your display.  A must for some games when trying to play on a display with a 21:9 aspect ratio, or surround setups.  Download here: https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
Fixes for games that were released broken:
Alice: The Madness Returns:
FPS Fix:
Go to My Documents/My Games/AliceMadnessReturns/AliceGame/Config and open AliceEngine.ini as a txt file.
Search for MaxSmoothedFrameRate=31
Change the value from 31 to your desired frame rate.  I have only tested 60.
Dark Souls 1:
Game Fix and Graphical Enhancements:
Released with a fps cap of 30, locked resolution, and no extras beyond the PS3 version.  Download here: http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix
Devil May Cry 3:
Game fix and style/weapon switcher MOD:
Game was released in a very broken way, download this MOD to fix it and improve your controls: http://www.nexusmods.com/devilmaycry3/mods/1/
post edited by boylerya - 2016/06/22 23:42:46

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.

4 Replies Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Guide to Enhancing PC Games. 2016/06/23 13:46:31 (permalink)
    I've been using sweetfx for years and it's basically become a requirement for me.
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: Guide to Enhancing PC Games. 2016/06/25 13:34:50 (permalink)
    I've had nothing but issues with trying to utilize SweetFX. Strange errors in the reshade app (after adding in a preset to the GUI). In the setup at reshade.me/sweetfx, it is set to 'Autodetect' and frozen there. Then after selecting a game file, detects it incorrectly and you can't change it. Scroll Lock shows absolutely no changes.
    It's hard to tell which version of the Reshade app to even use, and the videos I've found on YouTube seem all outdated.

I've given up on it.
    post edited by BizSAR - 2016/06/25 13:38:49

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    Re: Guide to Enhancing PC Games. 2016/06/26 05:34:15 (permalink)
    BizSAR
    I've had nothing but issues with trying to utilize SweetFX. Strange errors in the reshade app (after adding in a preset to the GUI). In the setup at reshade.me/sweetfx, it is set to 'Autodetect' and frozen there. Then after selecting a game file, detects it incorrectly and you can't change it. Scroll Lock shows absolutely no changes.
    It's hard to tell which version of the Reshade app to even use, and the videos I've found on YouTube seem all outdated.

I've given up on it.

I recommend trying the older version of sweetfx without reshade that i have posted above if your having problems.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Guide to Enhancing PC Games. 2016/06/27 15:17:50 (permalink)
    BizSAR

I've given up on it.

Only games I've had trouble using sweetfx on are frostbite games, but even then I'm able to find a profile that eventually works.

I don't think you can use sweetfx on Overwatch at all though.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile