• Ribbons : 1
2014/12/28 14:35:52 (permalink)

7 Replies Related Threads

drake187
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 372
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 14:37:00 (permalink)
    ?

DeepDrummer
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 16:53:03 (permalink)
    Sorry this forum software definitely does not agree with my picture site.
    I won't bother trying again. I tried too many times already.
    I've been around a long long time on a lot of forums but..
    Maybe the forum needs new drivers *tongue in cheek*
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 17:02:33 (permalink)
    If you load to Google+ and then copy url link, it works. Or Dropbox, imageshack (is that site even still open lol).

Which site are you using?
    drake187
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 372
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 17:15:38 (permalink)
    DeepDrummer
    Sorry this forum software definitely does not agree with my picture site.
    I won't bother trying again. I tried too many times already.
    I've been around a long long time on a lot of forums but..
    Maybe the forum needs new drivers *tongue in cheek*

No worries I to had issues but I use google chrome.. Which hosting site you use?

DeepDrummer
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 20:26:11 (permalink)
    I use photobucket which works everywhere else under windows 8.1
    IE 11
    I'll try one more time

My New build.
    Asus Z97 MB,  Adata 8GB (2x4) 2400 gold Memory, (I believe the memory crapped out at 2800)Intel i7 4790 4.00 GHZ running solid at 4.80 GHZ (craps out at 5.00 GHZ), Corsair H80i CPU cooler 8 case fans, Computer in cold room behind an insulated wall. Win 8.1 Pro, Crucial M500 480 GB SSD Drive, 1TB WD drive, 2 TB WD drive, 500 Mb usb drive (offline for backups). EVGA GTX 760 2GB video, Antec 1000 power supply.
    The other side of the insulated wall:

I had pics of the inside of the case. It's a work of art case. My wiring still has to be tidied up a bit but I was waiting for another video card before I bothered opening it up again.
    What I am trying to accomplish is to get Battlefield 4 specs up to smooth with the Ultra settings instead of high. The single 760i isn't cutting it, mind you it is a darn sight better than the old first gen i7 and GTX 280s which died from heat one after the other. I have zero heat problems now.
    I was hoping to SLI 2 760is but the 2 GB models have run out everywhere I have looked but there was this 4GB model. I see it is not compatible with mine under SLI so I have to re-evaluate my options. I'm not made of money and considering I paid over $1000 for the two GTX 280s at the time many years ago. It's not something I want to rush into without some good results and longevity.
    Let's blame it on photobucket. They have really gone down hill over the years.
    I do have a Google+ account but so few people seem to use it, I haven't used it much other than social networking with family.
    Excuse my crusty mood. Day one of quitting smoking too. lol. Grrrr.
    Obviously this site works fine. I was wrong apparently.
    It's a bit of a mess

This is my fifth ASUS MB. I've used others as well.
    I kept one box with my old P6T MB, case, memory and everything I need to drop this GTX 760 back into when I find what I am looking for and the funds to make it happen.
    I tossed the others.
    This one is quite upgradable anyway and since heat is no longer an issue it should last a good long time. CPU temp after a couple pretty intense games running at 4800 MHZ is 29 degrees. MB Temp had gotten up to 35 degrees c at times but cools down in a heartbeat. The video card idles at 27 degrees c and I've seen 47 degrees after intense 98% testing. The best thing I ever did was move the box to the laundry room which is set to turn on the heat at 10 degrees c but it never gets that low. I heat the room with the Monitor by a wood stove and it can get pretty warm in here heating the whole house and the daily dust is insane in this room. That room is also equipped with a dehumidifier set at 35%. Guitars like 40% -45% but now that the door is closed when I am on this machine, I keep it lower. My tinnitus is even waning. I have been sitting beside whining fans since 1986, Play drums, guitar and trumpet. (The guitar did the most damage one day). Silence is so golden now. The lack of case fans is actually healing it. That almost inaudible whine over the years has not helped. It has truly improved in a matter of days.
    I need a little sound blaster. Although there is great 7.1 sound from my homemade from a home audio system through the MB, it doesn't work well for Digital Audio Workstation recording.
    My old Audigy platinum is not well supported in Win 8.1.
    The creative labs Sound Blaster ZX 5.1 is all I need. I need their ASIO codex to do it as I have done it in the past. I use a 6 speaker Panasonic system but I emulate 7.1 where the side speakers are emulated by a combination of front side and rear side speakers. It sounds darn good and surround my head from less than 2 meters away.
    Very handy for bad guys sneaking up on you.
    Music composition software - Sibelius 7.5
    DAW - Reaper
    Favourite games today - Battlefield 4, World of Warplanes. I tossed most of my old games but I have played every Call of Duty up to Ghosts. I played everything from pong on a commodore Pet 8k machine running some way old version of DOS before DOS 2.0. I played and created user maps for the original Doom 1 and 2. I played every version of unreal and unreal tournament, quake, heretic. The list goes on forever. I used to know every DOS command and switch up to MSDOS 6.0 I used to multitask with sidekick before Windows came along. I was Fluent in OS2 as well but everyone switched from that super stable, excellent multitasking OS. I Beta tested "Chicago" before it became Windows 95. I beta tested Windows 10 but it is a long way off on drivers as of yet. (hint hint). It's amazing how fast they go from Beta to release and how much gets changed for the release by involving real human users. They will be doing a reveal in January. No doubt they will be using specific hardware and drivers so it may be a little deceptive but it looks like it will become a great OS rather quickly. I would not recommend win 10 preview to be run yet on a main machine. We need good stable drivers. The next release of the Preview is in January. I am sure it will be improved. Not for the meek to beta test that stuff. I also use the Phoenix Flight Simulator with a DX61 controller to keep my remote control flying brain active.
    As a 3 time divorcee (I have a very low BS tolerance and always had a problem with my "Yes Dears), My whole house is now a man cave. LOL.
    I build guitars now in retirement and I have a million passions and hobbies.
    I hold 5 trade certificates relating to the motor vehicle industry. Now I am just kicking back enjoying life.
    Computers are right up there as a main passion. Yikes I have to go strip some finish remover off a guitar neck soon. I'll work on a proper profile over time if you can convince me to stick with EVGA. It works well. I just need more power lol.  I'll be talking to you.
    Nice to meet you fine folks.

Tom
    post edited by DeepDrummer - 2014/12/28 20:41:34
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/28 22:16:48 (permalink)
    If that mother board is half as good as the Z87-pro, you have a great board on hand.
    DeepDrummer
    Re: Getting there 2014/12/29 20:21:25 (permalink)
    Yeah, I'm liking it. I was looking at future upgradability to the new memory spec and beyond and I kind of got hooked on ASUS after a few other cheap flimsy boards that waved in the wind. They have served me well.
    Cleaning out my trash this week:

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile