EVGA

Getting so tired of useless EVGA support....

Author
Zedabee
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/04/16 09:46:45 (permalink)
I received a replacement card a few months back and its been terrible, crashing at random times and it finally annoyed me enough to send it back....I expressed my issues with the card on the forum as soon as I got it so hoped this would enable me to get a prepaid return label for it.....and so starts our emails with their reply to my request...

Hello XXX,
 just have seen your request about a Pick Up for the graphics card. normally we do only offer pick ups right after you have received the replacement. In case there is any issue with the replacement please contact the customer support right away! For this time, as you posted it right away in the forums, we are going to offer an exception on this. please let us know an address where UPS can pick up the shipment on a daily base then we will arrange this. We opened a RMA Ticket, please do also request the RMA in your account at SUPPORT - EVGA RMA.
Regards,
So off I went and started an RMA, once complete I emailed evga back...

Hi,As requested I have filled out an RMA request form:

RMA ID: xxx

RMA Number: xxx
 Address that item can be collected from any time is the same as shipping address:
 1 xxx
 Regards,
Previous emails were quoted in on the email, EVGA responded with:
Hello, 
thank you for your email. Your RMA request will have received a confirmation email with the shipping instructions to send in the defective product for exchange. If you have not received this email, please check your spam folder (it is sent from a do-not-reply address).
If you require further assistance, please contact us here.
Best regards

Umm, what? I replied with...
Hi,
Before requesting my RMA through the website It was agreed with support that they would arrange a UPS collection for my item and that I should let them know of an address that the item can be collected and I should request an RMA through RMA section of site.

I have copied and pasted said email just below... (Deleted copy of previous email)
Regards,
Finally getting somewhere with this next email from them...
Hello,
thank you for your email. We have informed the RMA Department that this RMA requires a pickup service. We will be in contact shortly with the arranged details. 
Best regards,

Awesome I thought, just wait for some ups details now!.....the next day I was in the bath and heard the door knocking, by the time I had got up I saw a high vis'd guy jumping back into a van and leaving...left no card or anything... thinking this could possibly have been UPS I sent another email to EVGA asking about the collection (all previous emails are quoted on the bottom of my emails to EVGA)
Hi,Not received any details RE: UPS COLLECTION yet, has this been arranged?

Regards,
Hello,
thank you for your email. We will contact you with the details when we have them.
Regards,

I have left it 2 days since that email and I am increasingly thinking that the Van must have been UPS and EVGA are not very good with updating their systems with information...so I decided to email again and ask...
Still awaiting UPS collection details.....I am told somebody did knock on my door on Monday but have no idea if this was UPS or not....since you have not been in touch with details I assume it was not.
RMA: 543215001138
Regards.
Again, all previous email correspondance quoted into the email.......and their response today...
Hello,
thank you for your email. I checked the account again, your confirmation email has been sent with the RMA details and packing/shipping instructions. If you don't see it in your email's inbox, please check your spam folder (they are sent from a do-not-reply address).
Best regards

...... Sigh...... the email he refers to is the standard "Your RMA has been accepted" which tells me how to send the item back myself...

I'm fed up now....... I am almost convinced that the mysterious van driver must have been UPS even though no card was left, but trying to get any info from EVGA on the matter seems pointless.... all of EVGA's responses were from the same support rep.....apparently!, he obviously doesnt like reading all the quoted previous emails.

post edited by Zedabee - 2015/04/16 09:58:44

5 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Getting so tired of useless EVGA support.... 2015/04/16 09:54:43 (permalink)
    Hi Zedabee,
    I do apologize for the trouble you have had with this RMA. I will reach out to the EU Regional office directly to have this followed up promptly with the details you are looking for.
    Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Zedabee
    • Total Posts : 13
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Getting so tired of useless EVGA support.... 2015/04/20 10:29:49 (permalink)
    Quick update for anyone that may read this post:

After JaysonC responded to this post I received an email from someone @ support who pretty much instantly arranged a UPS collection for me and forwarded on details....job done!.

I think what annoyed me the most is that such a simple thing as keeping track of conversation history with someone thats needing help was non existent, leaving me with having to reexplain things....when this happens over the course of a week it gets rather tedious when all I want to do is get my card away for replacement as soon as possible.

But, problems were solved swiftly after raising my issues on here, thankyou JaysonC!.

post edited by Zedabee - 2015/04/20 10:31:07
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Getting so tired of useless EVGA support.... 2015/04/20 10:38:39 (permalink)
    JaysonC always seems to take care of people as soon as it is made public and he can see what is happening outside of his line of sight. Glad he had it taken care of for you and that your item is getting rmaed appropriately.
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Getting so tired of useless EVGA support.... 2015/04/20 11:21:22 (permalink)
    Zedabee,

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out and again I apologize for any and all inconveniences rendered.  Feel free to contact me via email if you ever need assistance.

Have a good rest of your day. 

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Getting so tired of useless EVGA support.... 2015/04/20 19:26:20 (permalink)

Evga = FTW!!!!!         

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile