EVGA

Helpful ReplyGame compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD?

Author
MBOmnis
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/01/30 09:13:07 (permalink)
Some time ago I commented in a post around here saying that my OSD wasn't working in any of my games after I updated my old EVGA Precision X to EVGA Precision X 16 v5.2.6. I tested it in Dota 2, Dragon Age Inquisition and World of Tanks, and the OSD wouldn't work on any of them.

Recently I bought a new GPU (a GTX 970) and decided to install the newest Precision X 16 version, which is currently 5.2.9. Now the OSD works in Dota 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition, but it still fails to work with World of Tanks.

Is there a specific issue I could personally try to resolve (such as configuring WoT and/or Precision X 16), or is this simply an incompatibility issue and I'd have to wait and hope for a newer version of Precision X 16 to have a working OSD function for WoT?
On a side note, I also have Dying Light and some other games on Steam (Nosgoth, Planetary Annihilation and Borderlands 2) but have not yet tested if OSD functions with those.

Thank you for your time :)
EVGA_JacobF
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 16946
  • Ribbons : 26
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/01/30 10:32:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MBOmnis 2015/01/30 11:29:14
Dying Light currently not working, we are working on this one.

Will check on WoT.

zkanuck
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 01:38:49 (permalink)
@ Jacob

While you're checking on game OSD compatibility... After update to 5.2.9 from 5.2.8 I can no longer get OSD in Battlefield 4 (64bit). Haven't tried 32bit version.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 06:14:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MBOmnis 2015/02/01 08:35:19
There is a thread created by Jacob to report games that OSD isn't functioning in:

http://forums.evga.com/Ga...with-OSD-m2288052.aspx

If you could toss this in there, it will help centralize the posts so that EVGA can work on it quicker.
MBOmnis
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 08:33:58 (permalink)
Will do, Scarlet-Tech.
Actually, it seems he created that topic after I created this one, since WoT is already listed in his post.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 09:28:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MBOmnis 2015/02/01 10:52:02
Yes, I thought he had. I think it is to try to let others know, so he can keep the sticky up top. I am pretty sure he had already added yours to the list.

I quoted zkanuck and cut/paste it, and that we who I meant to address.

It's awesome watching the community try to assist in getting this software fully functional.
Orien2k
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 12:24:09 (permalink)
@Jacob also when will you guys fix Precision X 16 to run simultaneous with counter strike global offensive? If i have Precison X open when i join a server the game closes
MoorishBrutha
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 17:46:44 (permalink)
Ok, so it's not just me because I just recently bought the 980 Classified after months of using Intel's integrated graphics courtesy of me selling my 780TI KPE, and when I downloaded PRecision X 16, I couldn't get OSD to work and whatever happen to RivaTuner???? EVGA messed up big-time with this. Thank God for MSI's AFterburner.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 17:55:26 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
Ok, so it's not just me because I just recently bought the 980 Classified after months of using Intel's integrated graphics courtesy of me selling my 780TI KPE, and when I downloaded PRecision X 16, I couldn't get OSD to work and whatever happen to RivaTuner???? EVGA messed up big-time with this. Thank God for MSI's AFterburner.

You seem to be here to put everything in bold and bash everything right now.

Unwinder stop supporting Precision, and refused updates. EVGA has been creating their own software in house, so they can keep from having this occur again.

EVGA precision 4.2.1 still has rivatuner and it still works, you just have to use the old interface. EVGA has been actively working on getting support up to date, as this is a new undertaking for them.

Msi afterburner does work well, and Unwinder is still updating it. You will see issues if he stops supporting them as well.
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 18:19:49 (permalink)
You seem to be a bona-fide shill because you are getting to offended by logical comments that aren't directly at you. If you can't handle people asking/stating comments that aren't congenial to what you like then maybe you need to go out there and get a real job and stop bothering people who don't lock-step to your sound of your drum. It's just that simple.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 18:34:06 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
You seem to be a bona-fide shill because you are getting to offended by logical comments that aren't directly at you. If you can't handle people asking/stating comments that aren't congenial to what you like then maybe you need to go out there and get a real job and stop bothering people who don't lock-step to your sound of your drum. It's just that simple.

Ha, you think I am offended? Why would I be offended? Had you read a page or two anywhere on the forum, you would see I am back briefing you as you obviously haven't researched. That isn't my problem, that is your lack of trying. I don't care if you are happy or not. I use what functions properly. I test each step that comes out, if I see a problem, I report it up, and delete the problem.

Msi would love your business. Feel free to join them if you can't take people filling you in from your time under a rock.
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 18:47:50 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
MoorishBrutha

Ha, you think I am offended? Why would I be offended? Had you read a page or two anywhere on the forum, you would see I am back briefing you as you obviously haven't researched. That isn't my problem, that is your lack of trying. I don't care if you are happy or not. I use what functions properly. I test each step that comes out, if I see a problem, I report it up, and delete the problem.

Msi would love your business. Feel free to join them if you can't take people filling you in from your time under a rock.

Yea, you definitely a shill alright....what gave it away was the comment about me bashing everything just because I notice that Precision X 16 doesn't run right and the way you got so offended by stating about it makes no sense to get the 980 KPE given it the same as Classified but with backplate and single-slot ports configuration. Ditto, why don't you just get a real job and stop trying to bully people over the Internet who doesn't lock-step to everything about EVGA? By the way, I couldn't like MSI too much as my comment stated, I have EVGA's 980 Classified instead MSI's version of 980 so get a real job, dude. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 20:16:54 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
Yea, you definitely a shill alright....what gave it away was the comment about me bashing everything just because I notice that Precision X 16 doesn't run right and the way you got so offended by stating about it makes no sense to get the 980 KPE given it the same as Classified but with backplate and single-slot ports configuration. Ditto, why don't you just get a real job and stop trying to bully people over the Internet who doesn't lock-step to everything about EVGA? By the way, I couldn't like MSI too much as my comment stated, I have EVGA's 980 Classified instead MSI's version of 980 so get a real job, dude. 

I have a real job. It's my day off ;-)

To keep it short, you seem butt hurt that someone addressed your complaints with the answers that have already been given in multiple places. Sorry if the Internet is overwhelming you.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/02/01 20:22:33
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 20:33:31 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
MoorishBrutha

I have a real job. It's my day off ;-)

To keep it short, you seem butt hurt that someone addressed your complaints with the answers that have already been given in multiple places. Sorry if the Internet is overwhelming you.

Corporate shill, you are the one that's mad because I said 980 KPE is basically the 980 Classified with backplate and single-slot ports configuration. Being the Corporate shill/prostitute that you are, you went into defensive mode, which was a dead-giveaway that you were a shill for EVGA from the start. This is EVGA official website/forum; hence, shouldn't I go here to find out what is really going on with Precision X instead elsewhere????? Stop bending over for that corporate stick and get a real job like everyone else.

Forget about Precision X, here's a real question: Do you swallow or spit for EVGA???
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 20:42:45 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
Corporate shill, you are the one that's mad because I said 980 KPE is basically the 980 Classified with backplate and single-slot ports configuration. Being the Corporate shill/prostitute that you are, you went into defensive mode, which was a dead-giveaway that you were a shill for EVGA from the start. This is EVGA official website/forum; hence, shouldn't I go here to find out what is really going on with Precision X instead elsewhere????? Stop bending over for that corporate stick and get a real job like everyone else.

Forget about Precision X, here's a real question: Do you swallow or spit for EVGA???

Hahaha. You are getting more and more offended by the second. This is amazing.

Look on the forums, here, and all of your posts have been answered before you made them. All of them.

Nothing to do with EVGA at this point, lol. I am going to have fun with you.
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 20:51:06 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
MoorishBrutha

Hahaha. You are getting more and more offended by the second. This is amazing.

Look on the forums, here, and all of your posts have been answered before you made them. All of them.

Nothing to do with EVGA at this point, lol. I am going to have fun with you.

You know how you are exposing yourself, my initial comments were never directed at you per se but you felt it's incumbent on you to make sure going after me because I am not swallowing for EVGA like yourself. You have to be getting paid to do all of this or you never got offended to begin with. Ditto, just get a real job, dude......EVGA couldn't be paying you enough to be looking this pathetic.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/01 20:58:36 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha

You know how you are exposing yourself, my initial comments were never directed at you per se but you felt it's incumbent on you to make sure going after me because I am not swallowing for EVGA like yourself. You have to be getting paid to do all of this or you never got offended to begin with. Ditto, just get a real job, dude......EVGA couldn't be paying you enough to be looking this pathetic.

Would love to know what pipe dream you are living in. You have some very amazing fantasy about my mouth and what it does.

EVGA wouldn't pay me, as I wouldn't stick to the corporate policy.

Your initial post wasn't directed at me, and my response was simply supposed to help you. You want to take it to heart, congrats. I love when I can grab someone's attention without trying. It shows a lot about them.

Want Rivatuner? I got that. Want prec 4.2.1 since it has riva.. I got that. Want the evga made software.. Hmm, I don't have that, it doesn't work well yet... ;-)
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 18:46:18 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
MoorishBrutha

Would love to know what pipe dream you are living in. You have some very amazing fantasy about my mouth and what it does.

Your initial post wasn't directed at me, and my response was simply supposed to help you. You want to take it to heart, congrats. I love when I can grab someone's attention without trying. It shows a lot about them.

Want Rivatuner? I got that. Want prec 4.2.1 since it has riva.. I got that. Want the evga made software.. Hmm, I don't have that, it doesn't work well yet... ;-)

You live on this forum, you are not fooling anyone.....this is your job, dude. What gave you away was your comment about me bashing everything and when I mentioned up the thing about the 970, you went ballistic. You shills need to get a real job.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 18:53:38 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha

You live on this forum, you are not fooling anyone.....this is your job, dude. What gave you away was your comment about me bashing everything and when I mentioned up the thing about the 970, you went ballistic. You shills need to get a real job.

Ballistic... LoL. You and your sad fantasies.. You're too much fun.
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 18:55:59 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Ballistic... LoL. You and your sad fantasies.. You're too much fun.

You practically live on this forum, please tell me that EVGA is paying you otherwise you are one of the most pathetic shills out there.
1sthurricane
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 398
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 19:01:35 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
Scarlet-Tech
MoorishBrutha

I have seen a few shills in my time(back when I gambled on anything and everything),my intention is not to get involved in a piss'n contest but to say"if Scarlet is a shill,he is not good at his job representing EVGA.....he talked me out of a X99 Classy and told me to go Asus".If you look at the guy'z posts,he uses....evaluates...and then he comments to his findings.It is simple....no politics or bias,just input.The guy helped me with many decisions concerning hardware and performance on my newest build and is one of a few members that I fully trust for his opinion and input.just saying....

post edited by 1sthurricane - 2015/02/02 19:04:47

*Asus x99 Deluxe*Intel i7 5930k*G-Skill Ripjaws ddr4 2800 16g*x2 EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI*EVGA SuperNova P2 1200  PSU*NZXT X-61 Kraken*Bitfenix Recon*Corsair AIR540 "Artic White" Case*Samsung 850 Pro 500/250  SSD's*WD 3 TB HDD*Pioneer Blu Ray*Asus Rog Swift 27"*Logitech G-19/Proteus/430*
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 19:04:36 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
You practically live on this forum, please tell me that EVGA is paying you otherwise you are one of the most pathetic shills out there.

Hahaha.. Someone doesn't know how notifications work.. Want me to explain that to you as well?

Here: we, in the real world, have email. When people with fantasies (you) reply to a thread I have been in, it sends an digital signal to my cell phone which notifies me. Weird technology, hunh?

No, EVGA does pay me. If you paid attention, you would notice that I am here to help the none trolls. If you could read words, you would also realize I stated a fact, which has obviously given you a severe case of the butt hurts. Had you not *attempted* and failed to upset me, I wouldn't be here trolling you for the fun of it while helping others.

Like I said, you are way too much fun to walk away from. If you were to walk away, I wouldn't even say anything, but.. You keep wanting to talk to me and fill your fantasies in, and I am just helping you out.
MoorishBrutha
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 19:11:28 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Hahaha.. Someone doesn't know how notifications work.. Want me to explain that to you as well?

Here: we, in the real world, have email. When people with fantasies (you) reply to a thread I have been in, it sends an digital signal to my cell phone which notifies me. Weird technology, hunh?

No, EVGA does pay me. If you paid attention, you would notice that I am here to help the none trolls. If you could read words, you would also realize I stated a fact, which has obviously given you a severe case of the butt hurts. Had you not attempted to upset me, I wouldn't be here trolling you for the fun of it while helping others.

Like I said, you are way too much fun to walk away from. If you were to walk away, I wouldn't even say anything, but.. You keep wanting to talk to me and fill your fantasies in, and I am just helping you out.

Shill, you started with me not vice versa. Ditto, what gave you away is when you made the comment about me bashing everything when I came to this thread and mentioned up about how Precision X doesn't work. I never directed a comment to you to begin with and you know this, it's just that your job description entails for you to make posters follow the EVGA's line.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Game compatibility for EVGA Precision X 16 (5.2.9) OSD? 2015/02/02 19:21:53 (permalink)
MoorishBrutha
Shill, you started with me not vice versa. Ditto, what gave you away is when you made the comment about me bashing everything when I came to this thread and mentioned up about how Precision X doesn't work. I never directed a comment to you to begin with and you know this, it's just that your job description entails for you to make posters follow the EVGA's line.

Yes, you figured it out. Can you cut me a check?

My initial comment on this thread pointed out the sudden complaints. I stated that precision was being worked on and on the other thread, I stated that the k|ngp|n cards are different than classifieds. You mad?

Imagine if you posted something online, and someone answered you.. Weird hunh.. Just imagine that people do that. LoL.

Also, I even offered up that 4.2.1 works, since you wanted RivaTuner, but here you sit, worrying about me helping people that aren't attempting to troll. Doesn't bother me, like I said, you are fun.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile