EVGA

GTX 970 surround view issues

Author
jerramie
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/09/25 12:37:08 (permalink)
So, I have a 970 gtx. I wanted to check out the surround view ability so a few weeks ago I hooked up my 2 monitors and my tv. Configured like so: monitor - 1080 tv - monitor. I loaded world of Warcraft and was pretty impressed that I could run surround across 3 monitors with the GFX on ultra (without AA or crazy shadows) and get good frame rates. I went back to regular single monitor. Yesterday I did it again in the exact same configuration and loaded the game and it was so choppy like 2-6 fps super laggy. I even changed the gfx to low but ... still so laggy it is not playable. no clue why. I tried restarting computer in the same configuration.. no go. the only thing that has changed other than the clothes I was wearing is a game ready update and I don't even think the game was in my system. Anyone else have this issue? thoughts? ideas? should I kill myself?

3 Replies Related Threads

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: GTX 970 surround view issues 2016/09/25 13:08:38 (permalink)
    Hello,

There could be some issues with your current or past driver installation.

I would completely wipe the drivers with a program called DDU (display driver uninstaller) which you can download here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html

If you ever had an AMD card in your system I would also use the tool to wipe the AMD drivers as well.

After running the program and removing all your current display drivers re-install the most up to date graphics drivers (you can download them at geforce.com or evga.com) and see if the issue persists.

JosephL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 662
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: GTX 970 surround view issues 2016/09/25 13:10:14 (permalink)
    Let's not take drastic measures! First thing I recommend is reinstalling the latest drivers, you can find them HERE. When you open up the installer select the option for "Custom Installation". On the following page you will see a check box that reads "Perform a Clean Installation", check that box. Proceed with the remainder of the installation how you normally would.

Let us know if you are still having the same issues after a clean install of the drivers. I also suggest running the demo version of 3DMark's Firestrike benchmark and sending us the link to the URL it creates of your score after clicking Compare Results. This way we can check for potential issues. You can find the download here: https://www.futuremark.com/support/downloads or on Steam.

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
    jerramie
    • Total Posts : 29
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 970 surround view issues 2016/09/25 15:36:23 (permalink)
    wow now I don't know what's going on... I can not get percX to run now. it literally just stopped running. I loaded wow and noticed my fans were not increasing. checked to see if it was on auto and it was gone. I tried to run it and it will not run anymore! I reverted back to the prior drivers. I am using the older percX because the new one asks for sticker serial number and for some reason I do not have a sticker. So I wiped the video drivers, went back to older ones prior to game ready last week. re-installed percx and still same .. no run. nightmares

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile