EVGA

GTX 970 FTW SLI

Author
owingsj
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/11/21 18:21:40 (permalink)
I just installed my second GTX 970 FTW that I received from step up this week. This is the first time I have ever had a SLI setup and am curious if there are any settings I need to enable besides the SLI configuration to Maximize 3D performance and PhysX settings to Auto-select (recommended). Should I change these settings at all? Also, are there any other settings under Manage 3D settings I should change around? I am loving the SLI so far and appreciate the advice in advance!

2 Replies Related Threads

dtdono0
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re: GTX 970 FTW SLI 2014/11/23 19:01:38 (permalink)
    Nah just turn on SLI, then grab Afterburner or Precision X.  You can probably expect somewhere in the +80-100 MHz GPU clock boost and +300-400 MHz on the VRAM.  If you want to go extreme, there is a thread on overclock.net with a custom BIOS for the 970 that will allow you to deliver a little bit more juice to the card, but the FTW is pretty much hard capped on the TDP limit.
    rshwayder
    • Total Posts : 90
    Re: GTX 970 FTW SLI 2014/11/23 22:16:51 (permalink)
    A couple of worthwhile things if you haven't used SLI before:
    • You have to run games in full screen to take advantage of both cards.
    • Not all games work with SLI, particularly in certain operating systems (e.g. Windows 8.1). Microsoft put in a shim to prevent it in certain games just in case compatibility could be a problem, often to the chagrin of the developers.
    • You are unlikely to be able to overclock each card as high in SLI as you could with a single card. But you probably have no need to OC at this point.
    • In some games, you can get SLI working better by managing the game's 3d settings and using alternate frame rendering 1 or 2.
    • Search for NVIDIA Inspector and how to use it. You can mess with more advanced settings on a per-game basis there than the base drivers. You might not need to, but it's worth being aware of.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile