GTX 770 Overheating

Author
Looty
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/22 13:09:24 (permalink)
Hello,
for quite some time now I've had temperature problems with my gtx 770 and it's getting worse.. When I first got the card, the temp went to like 80ish degrees MAX, never above that. After few weeks however, the temp started slowly raising, and once it hit 85 degrees in game, I posted a thread on LTT forum after that happened, and I got recommended to replace the thermal paste. Okay, so I replaced the thermal paste to a Arctic-MX4 which I'm using on my CPU right now, running great and cool. The gpu worked GREAT for like a week, temps under 70 at all times. But after a week, the temps started raising up again.. Two weeks later, I'm over 80 degrees once again and once again I have no idea what to do.. I changed the thermal paste once again, I even looked if there wasn't anything faulty on the cooler, I found nothing.. After I replaced it, the same story again. Today however, the card reached 96 degrees in GTA V for few seconds, I immediataly shut down the game and pc and checked the card.. It seems like there is a tiny gap between the heatsink block and the gpu die, and I don't know how to fix that. The screws holding the heatsink are screwed in completely, they won't go deeper.. I'm lost now. It's not the airflow for sure, cuz everything else is cool and we agreed on that over on LTT forum. I'd like some ideas on how to fix this, apart from RMAing the card, because shipping in Czech Republic is a **** and I don't want to be without a Graphics Card for weeks.
Thank you very much for every response !

1 Reply Related Threads

TimP
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 136
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: GTX 770 Overheating 2015/05/23 15:28:00 (permalink)
    Hello Looty,

We do apologize for any issues with your GTX 770. Based on your description, it does sounds there is any issue with this graphics card; however, if possible please try testing in another stable system. If you are continuing to have issues, please contact us 24/7 at 1-888-881-3842.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile