G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr)

Author
Alexios
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/03/27 16:27:28 (permalink)
Hey Gamers and Gamer Girls 

I just wanted to share my experience with you all concerning nvidia g-sync, in this case the Acer XB240HAbpr.
I still had an old samsung syncmaster 60hz, 2 ms and full hd, so I decided to give a 144hz, 1ms plus g-sync monitor a chance and my god it was worth every penny!

I hooked it up played with the settings, changed it to 144hz and went strait into csgo and tried it.

I've been playing pc games my whole life and especially first person shooters have always been the supreme discipline for me and all gaming rigs I've ever put together. And today I can proudly say that thisacer gsync monitor is probably the best gaming investment i've ever made!

The fluidnes of csgo with 144hz and gsync is absolutly, for me perfect. It's almost impossible to describe this for someone who has never seen it before. The only comparison I can make is for example a 60 fps youtube video. If u compare that 60fps video with a standard 720p utube gameplay video, u will notice a major difference. It's a whole new world. At fist people think, yeah that's fluid, then they look at the 60 fps vid and are amazed. 

Coming from playing with 60hz, tearing, inputlagg (vsync), stuttering etc. my first hours of gsync has been jaw droping. 

Especially that there is absolutly no tearing is a lifechanger for my eyes. But the fluidnes is insane. It feels like I'm a bit faster than the other players on the server, it really feels that way. 

G-Sync for me is the most impactful, game changing hardware/software in pc gaming history and once the esports sean will get their hands on g-sync and free-sync monitors, things will change fast.

It will be interesting to see in the next few years how nvidia, amd and the monitor manufactures will go with this new technology. But from now on my life is tearing free, yeah baby! 

Get a gsync monitor now, and your eyes will be happy. 

Lg Alex
post edited by Alexios - 2015/03/27 16:29:18

7 Replies Related Threads

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2015/03/27 18:27:38 (permalink)

Congrats.      

Moving to General Hardware.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Tindreal
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2015/11/10 14:39:58 (permalink)
    I was in a shop today to check this monitor out and compare its quality to my current Asus VX229H IPS monitor.
    Overall with still images the colors were not that bad after correctly calibrating it. Not as good as IPS, but hell, still worth the downgrade for GSync.
    Just when I was ready to pay, I asked to test the monitor with motion images.
    We played gameplay videos and movie trailers from youtube and Windows Media Player and dear God what a let down! The problems I saw:
    - screen tearing
    - during fast scene shifting parts of the movie got pixelated
    - really bad banding and color shifting...in the The Dark Knight trailer the logo at the beginning was surrounded with something that looked like smoke or a halo
    - shifting between scenes looked slower than with my 5ms IPS screen

The computer which was used for testing used Win7 with an AMD card and the monitor was running in 60 hz. Are the above problems normal for a TN screen despite the price or it was probably sotware or hw error?
    post edited by Tindreal - 2015/11/10 14:43:11
    Devilmana
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2015/11/16 09:26:58 (permalink)
    Tindreal
    I was in a shop today to check this monitor out and compare its quality to my current Asus VX229H IPS monitor.
    Overall with still images the colors were not that bad after correctly calibrating it. Not as good as IPS, but hell, still worth the downgrade for GSync.
    Just when I was ready to pay, I asked to test the monitor with motion images.
    We played gameplay videos and movie trailers from youtube and Windows Media Player and dear God what a let down! The problems I saw:
    - screen tearing
    - during fast scene shifting parts of the movie got pixelated
    - really bad banding and color shifting...in the The Dark Knight trailer the logo at the beginning was surrounded with something that looked like smoke or a halo
    - shifting between scenes looked slower than with my 5ms IPS screen

The computer which was used for testing used Win7 with an AMD card and the monitor was running in 60 hz. Are the above problems normal for a TN screen despite the price or it was probably sotware or hw error?

Sériously ?
    Do you know what is G-Sync ?

Only useable with Nvidia graphics card GTX 650Ti and upper

Goodnight.

aesgan
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2016/01/30 07:53:37 (permalink)
    Hi!

Can you please tell me if this monitor has DISPLAYPORT AND HDMI? I can't seem to find a monitor with GSYNC HDMI and DISPLAYPORT anywhere :\

Thanks!
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2016/01/30 08:09:41 (permalink)
    Looks like it has display port.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

aesgan
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2016/01/30 08:16:17 (permalink)
    My main confusion comes from amazon spanish site...

I even asked on the comments and they say it has HDMI :\... but no displayport! so confusing
    Devilmana
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: G-Sync (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) 2016/01/30 10:37:00 (permalink)
    aesgan
    My main confusion comes from amazon spanish site...

I even asked on the comments and they say it has HDMI :\... but no displayport! so confusing

G-Sync monitors are exclusivelly made with displayport, only 1 displayport, nothing more
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile