Frames Per Second

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Camille6244
  • Total Posts : 34
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/12/01 01:46:47 (permalink)
How do I get get a Frames Per Second readout on my screen while I am playing a game with my 2-Way EVGA Hydro Copper Titan X's?  My monitor is capable of 144 FPS before any overclocking of it and I just want to make sure that is what I am getting.

I see YouTube videos of people who are able to watch their FPS in real-time and I would like to do the same.

MOBO: R5E
CPU: 5960X
GPU: 2x EVGA Hydro Copper Titan X
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB
Storage 1: Intel 750 Series 400GB add-in card
Storage 2: 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB in RAID 0
Monitor: ROG Swift PG278Q
Custom water-cooled w/ Alphacool Full-Copper Rads: two 480mm & two 240mm; all w/ be quiet! Silent Wings II static fans; one 140mm exhaust fan, also be quiet! SW II, but it is an air flow; an EK DDC 3.3 PWM X-TOP dual-pump (sleeved black) w/ EK drain valve & EK soft-tubing compression fittings - all black; Primoflex Advanced LRT UV Purple Tubing; a Bitspower Flow Indicator & two Aquacomputer Inline Temperature Sensors; ASUS Strix Tactic Pro Keyboard; Mionix Castor RGB Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse; Corsair USB Void 7.1 Headset; Razer Goliath Extended Gaming Mouse Pad; Windows 10 Pro; TrackIR 5; Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 UV Purple LED Strips, a 120mm & a 300mm; two pink 5mm LED's & two purple 5mm spotlight LED's, all w/ tails.

39 Replies Related Threads

MrImSoGood
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1285
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 04:38:21 (permalink)
    Download MSI Afterburner
    bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 07:18:35 (permalink)
    Go to NVIDIA Expierence, usually part of the NVIDIA Control Panel. (You can install it if you don't have it) Then go to shadow play and there should be an FPS option to display your FPS. Other options include the developer console, typically ~ in game and you can look up the command to show your FPS. Typically Valve games are 'cl_showfps 1' and you should find other games using Google.

Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 10:36:27 (permalink)
    Okay, I dl'ed the NVidia drivers so I should have that.  Hopefully I will not have to dl MSI Afterburner.

Thanks!

BTW- What is EVGA FTW?  Is that like ROG?

Custom water-cooled w/ Alphacool Full-Copper Rads: two 480mm & two 240mm; all w/ be quiet! Silent Wings II static fans; one 140mm exhaust fan, also be quiet! SW II, but it is an air flow; an EK DDC 3.3 PWM X-TOP dual-pump (sleeved black) w/ EK drain valve & EK soft-tubing compression fittings - all black; Primoflex Advanced LRT UV Purple Tubing; a Bitspower Flow Indicator & two Aquacomputer Inline Temperature Sensors; ASUS Strix Tactic Pro Keyboard; Mionix Castor RGB Ergonomic Optical Gaming Mouse; Corsair USB Void 7.1 Headset; Razer Goliath Extended Gaming Mouse Pad; Windows 10 Pro; TrackIR 5; Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 UV Purple LED Strips, a 120mm & a 300mm; two pink 5mm LED's & two purple 5mm spotlight LED's, all w/ tails.
    evilmustang66
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1598
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 14:59:06 (permalink)
    Camille6244
    Okay, I dl'ed the NVidia drivers so I should have that.  Hopefully I will not have to dl MSI Afterburner.

Thanks!

BTW- What is EVGA FTW?  Is that like ROG?

For The Win

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 16:06:26 (permalink)
    Thanks, bsmegreg, I already had GeForce Experience, I just did not know for what it is used.

On "Counter Strike: Global Offensive" I get 144 FPS on the highest settings.  It is an older game so that is just peanuts.

I am now about to put it through the real test of STAR CITIZEN. . ..

"HC stands for hydro copper and are components with water blocks pre-installed at the EVGA factory.
    The acronym FTW stands for 'For the win'. FTW model graphics cards come with a higher clock speed and are more likely to overclock further than a reference card. Each card is hand tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised clock speeds.
    SSC stands for super-super clocked and is one below FTW. This means the card is factory overclocked by EVGA and has been tested for stability at the overclocked clocks.
    SC stands for super-clocked. It is the lowest overclock EVGA offers but is still tested and guaranteed stable at the advertised speed."

So I am guessing that my stock HC's are only SC?  Or are they SSC?

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 17:12:51 (permalink)
    Hydro Coppers are just a reference card with a water block on them. They do come with increased clock speeds though.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 17:16:08 (permalink)
    The most common utilities are EVGA PrecisionX and MSI Afterburner with Riva Tuner Statistics Server because not only do they have the ability to show FPS in the on-screen display, but other information too, as well as fan control to promote better cooling or noise reduction, overclocking features, screen capture, video capture and other features if you choose to use them, depending upon which utility is used..EVGA PrecisionX or MSI Afterburner will not make any overclocking or voltage changes to your cards unless intentionally done by you.

Yes, GeForce Experience is already included as an optional component but will be auto-installed using the Express installation option with the NVIDIA driver package or as a stand-alone download and has ShadowPlay with an FPS counter as mentioned above..It also has LED Visualizer for using with lighted SLI bridges if you have, game optimization and other features..Read the FAQ, Supported Games, and other info.

No software is perfect and all of the above have their reported bugs, so be aware..In the end, it's what you prefer to use that works best you in your system.  

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 4893
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 17:29:53 (permalink)
    I typically use PrecisionX's On screen display to view this, however MANY games now have a hot-key, console command, or a UI option in the game setup to display your FPS on screen integrated into the game, that is also a solid option, for example in Diablo3 CTRL-R turns on the in-game framerate meter.  More and more games are starting to do this, and if all you want is a framerate counter, this is a viable option as it will not require ANY additional software running.
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 21:27:07 (permalink)
    I ran GeForce Experience's in-game FPS count with STAR CITIZEN on its highest settings and averaged about 72 FPS.  That is not bad considering all the stuff going on in SC, but how do I get it higher?  I see a day when SC's highest settings threaten to make my FPS go below 60 and I do not want that to happen.

Sajin: Yes, so I figure that the HC's are likely SC or SSC, for the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z Superclocked is SC while the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z Hydro Copper is SC even more so I guess it is SSC.  What would make it FTW; if I OC'ed myself?

bob16314: I am interested in the fan control option, for having to go to bios each time to change their settings is a bit tedious, though I think I have already found the sweet spot for them.  I may take them a little higher once Star Citizen gets into full-swing with the Alpha 2.0 patch soon being released.  Which one has the best fan controller?  I already have EVGA PrecisionX since I wanted to know my GPU temps.

EVGATech_DavidB: I am DEFINITELY interested in getting game-integrated framerate counts.  The less I can make my CPU work, the better.

bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 22:01:51 (permalink)
    You mentioned you got only got 144fps on CSGO. I am fairly certain, or at least hope this is due to the built in fps_max. To change this simply use the console with ~ and change fps_max to 500 or whatever. You can also change the FPS on the menu using a command that I forget at the moment, but Google can remind us. But usually it's a good idea to keep the menu below 100fps otherwise you can get coil whine resulting from 1000+ FPS (but it's a fun expierment).

If fps_max doesn't fix the issue, then there is other things to try. But with two hydros you should be looking at 300+.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/01 22:36:25 (permalink)
    Camille6244
    Sajin: Yes, so I figure that the HC's are likely SC or SSC, for the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z Superclocked is SC while the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Z Hydro Copper is SC even more so I guess it is SSC.  What would make it FTW; if I OC'ed myself?

Depending on what type of features the card has will determine if it's a FTW or not. Those different features could be...  The cards out of box clock speeds, number of vbios chips the card has, type of cooler the card comes with, power type used on card, what type of memory brand is being used on the cards pcb, how the cards power delivery system (vrm) is setup (number of/type of capacitors, inductors (power phases), mosfets/drivers, & pwm/voltage controller being used on the cards vrm).
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 00:40:10 (permalink)
    Sajin: I mistakenly linked the Titan Z when I meant the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X HYDRO COPPER GAMING .  What class do you think it is?

bsmegreg: I am not worried about getting only 144fps with CS:GO.  I am concerned with raising my "Star Citizen" game higher than an average of just 72fps on the highest settings.

bob16314: I see that fan control option you were talking about is for fans on a GPU.  My GPU's are water-cooled so I was referring to my radiator-mounted fans.  I guess I will stick with the MOBO BIOS for controlling them.

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 01:24:41 (permalink)
    Camille6244
    Sajin: I mistakenly linked the Titan Z when I meant the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X HYDRO COPPER GAMING .  What class do you think it is?

It's a reference card, but it's in a class of it's own since it comes with a fully enabled GM200 chip & 12GB's of VRAM. It's nvidas best gpu at this time. I own 4 of them myself. 
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 02:04:04 (permalink)
    Camille6244
    bob16314: I see that fan control option you were talking about is for fans on a GPU.  My GPU's are water-cooled so I was referring to my radiator-mounted fans.  I guess I will stick with the MOBO BIOS for controlling them.

Yep, realized that, it was just a rather generic reply stating some of the features in addition to FPS OSD..Doesn't your board come with an OC Panel/Fan Xpert 3 you can use to dynamically control all the fan headers instead of going into BIOS?..Myself, I use Fan Xpert 2 that works great for all the headers (took the older original Fan Xpert+ module, which sux btw, out of AI Suite II and replaced it with the newer Fan Xpert 2 module from another board).

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 10:23:16 (permalink)
    For ALL of our preinstalled full water block cards (not necessarily the hybrids) and this goes back as long as I have been here.  With the exception of Classified Hydro's which we have done, all of the Hydro's are reference PCB.  However these are ALL hand tested up front.  We run stress tests and benchmarks on them, make sure everything is where it should be.  Then, we flash the HC BIOS on them which will be a substantial clock increase.  We retest them ON AIR.  Same testing we do before hand, make sure the temps are still inn check, no artifacts, clocks are working as intended, and the frame rates are about where they should be (there will ALWAYS be variance there) the frame rate is more to make sure that we don't have a situation of we flashed the BIOS and retested and the FPS went from 94 average to 40, that says that card is NOT a HC and/or overclocking candidate.  From there all cards that pass are then removed and the HSF's removed, and the blocks installed, then they are booted into windows (this was started with Keplar) w/o water to test the seat and contact of the block, it goes into windows and normally the temp is around 35-40c +/- we do **NOT** put it under load, just make sure there are no issues with the contact of the block.  From there they are cleaned and boxed.

Now these are higher clocks than SSC and whatnot, however, we can only guarantee the clock that is on it out of the box, some can clock like crazy above that point, others are peaked around where the BIOS is that was flashed to it, we do not test above the rated speeds for a given card.

I hope this clears up your questions regarding clocks, PCBs etc for the Water Block cards.
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 10:45:12 (permalink)
    Sajin: Perhaps I can get the deal you got. . ..

Bon16314: Yes, I have the OC Panel working and I watch it for my CPU temp, but as you are relating here, AI Suite's reliability was questioned quite a bit on the other forum so I am just not dealing with it at this time.  I seem to have hit the sweet spot for keeping my high-end, but non-OC'ed, components cool anyway.  My CPU idles around 30-32C and seldom reaches 40C in STAR CITIZEN dog fights, where most of the time it stays around 35-38C.  Also, my GPU's idle at 28C and I do not know what temp they are when I am in the middle of game-play, but I am guessing around 34C; matching GPU temps with the CPU ones.  The distilled, but PT Nuked, water in my system idles at 23C (73.4F, of which I myself could even go swimming in, though it would be chilly).

With the equivalent of a dozen 120mm Full-Copper radiators, all of which have 120mm fluid-dynamic bearing "be quiet! Silent Wings II" fans running at an average of 750RPM's during max game stress, I could make all the temps stay lower, but they are already operating at optimal temps and my machine is very quiet at current settings so I am cool with it . . . and so is my rig.

Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 10:59:50 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    For ALL of our preinstalled full water block cards (not necessarily the hybrids) and this goes back as long as I have been here.  With the exception of Classified Hydro's which we have done, all of the Hydro's are reference PCB.  However these are ALL hand tested up front.  We run stress tests and benchmarks on them, make sure everything is where it should be.  Then, we flash the HC BIOS on them which will be a substantial clock increase.  We retest them ON AIR.  Same testing we do before hand, make sure the temps are still inn check, no artifacts, clocks are working as intended, and the frame rates are about where they should be (there will ALWAYS be variance there) the frame rate is more to make sure that we don't have a situation of we flashed the BIOS and retested and the FPS went from 94 average to 40, that says that card is NOT a HC and/or overclocking candidate.  From there all cards that pass are then removed and the HSF's removed, and the blocks installed, then they are booted into windows (this was started with Keplar) w/o water to test the seat and contact of the block, it goes into windows and normally the temp is around 35-40c +/- we do **NOT** put it under load, just make sure there are no issues with the contact of the block.  From there they are cleaned and boxed.

Now these are higher clocks than SSC and whatnot, however, we can only guarantee the clock that is on it out of the box, some can clock like crazy above that point, others are peaked around where the BIOS is that was flashed to it, we do not test above the rated speeds for a given card.

I hope this clears up your questions regarding clocks, PCBs etc for the Water Block cards.

It answers my questions very much so, thank you.  So it can be said that the HC's are 'company FTW's,' meaning that they are already FTW's, but can also be clocked even higher if the eventual card owners want to do so.

One more question, though: From what you have written above, it seems like you are saying it would be okay, as long as the CPU still has a cooling fan hooked up to it, to power up the HC GPU's long enough to POST test pre-build (which should take all of about 30 seconds) without having any H20 running through them?
    post edited by Camille6244 - 2015/12/02 11:02:31

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 11:27:54 (permalink)
    I would not say FTW's, as in recent years FTW's have used NON-reference PCB's, so I would not make that specific distinction.  But Hydros are typically the highest clocked reference component cards we sell.

As for the test, it should not be a problem as long as it is something GTX 680 or newer, Fermi cards made WAY too much heat for them to be safe being tested like that.  I have 980's and they were tested with no water, went into windows just fine, I did it in my system before hooking everything up just to make sure i had no surprises. 
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 11:42:10 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    I would not say FTW's, as in recent years FTW's have used NON-reference PCB's, so I would not make that specific distinction.  But Hydros are typically the highest clocked reference component cards we sell.

Okay, that is definitely an all-encompassing answer--the perfect kind--to my initial question, thank you.

EVGATech_DaveB
    As for the test, it should not be a problem as long as it is something GTX 680 or newer, Fermi cards made WAY too much heat for them to be safe being tested like that.  I have 980's and they were tested with no water, went into windows just fine, I did it in my system before hooking everything up just to make sure i had no surprises.

That is very good to know, and is even a selling-point to people who want to build their own rig, but do not have either a spare rig or a jury-rigged water pump and tubing system with which to POST test.  After all, building a custom water-cooled system, especially one with rigid tubing, is a bit of work to do just to have to take it all apart again to find out which component you bought was dead-on-arrival.

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 12:04:47 (permalink)
    Glad I could help and clarify that.

Next, exactly that is a big plus there, testing with Water has ALWAYS been problematic, there are just concerns with water loops you don't have elsewhere.

Personally, I think rigid cooling looks awesome, but I will not use it myself, I am on all water and have been for years (since my socket 940 board was the new cool thing), but, I build my loops around easy maintenance and dis-assembly, eventually parts will fail, it happens, but I don't want to make the process harder than it needs to be to replace things.  When I had to do an RMA on one of my 580 Hydros years back, I was very glad I opted for malleable tubing BETWEEN the cards, not Crystal Links or one of the EK bridges (granted both options do look better).  Because I powered down, slid both cards out of the slots by about an inch, bent them at the tubes between the cards and plugged only one of them back in, the other one, the bus slot on the card was sitting on top of the PCIE slot as I was able to bend the card a few degrees, made testing easy that way.

So if you are going rigid, ANYTHING you can do to make testing easier is definitely something that needs to be done.  The newer gen cards are far better about not making tons of heat when at little to no load, so even with cards like TitanZ or 980TI, booting with no water is viable.  Infact, I configured mine without water, enabled SLI, rebooted it once to make sure all was well, then powered down and got the rest of the loop tubed.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know!

Also, if you are building with the hardware in your sig and you are going rigid tubing, please get some pics, I would LOVE to see it.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 12:21:25 (permalink)
    Camille6244
    I ran GeForce Experience's in-game FPS count with STAR CITIZEN on its highest settings and averaged about 72 FPS.  That is not bad considering all the stuff going on in SC, but how do I get it higher?  I see a day when SC's highest settings threaten to make my FPS go below 60 and I do not want that to happen.

How to get more fps...

#1 Overclock cpu.
    #2 Overclock gpu.
    #3 Go 3-way or 4-way sli.
    #4 Adjust in-game settings.

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 13:22:44 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Camille6244

How to get more fps...

#1 Overclock cpu.
    #2 Overclock gpu.

Sajin is 100% right.

Keep in mind, you do have a GSync monitor, and while FPS dropping below 60 is not great, with GSync it will have far less of an impact.
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 13:23:32 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    Glad I could help and clarify that.

Next, exactly that is a big plus there, testing with Water has ALWAYS been problematic, there are just concerns with water loops you don't have elsewhere.

Personally, I think rigid cooling looks awesome, but I will not use it myself, I am on all water and have been for years (since my socket 940 board was the new cool thing), but, I build my loops around easy maintenance and dis-assembly, eventually parts will fail, it happens, but I don't want to make the process harder than it needs to be to replace things.  When I had to do an RMA on one of my 580 Hydros years back, I was very glad I opted for malleable tubing BETWEEN the cards, not Crystal Links or one of the EK bridges (granted both options do look better).  Because I powered down, slid both cards out of the slots by about an inch, bent them at the tubes between the cards and plugged only one of them back in, the other one, the bus slot on the card was sitting on top of the PCIE slot as I was able to bend the card a few degrees, made testing easy that way.

So if you are going rigid, ANYTHING you can do to make testing easier is definitely something that needs to be done.  The newer gen cards are far better about not making tons of heat when at little to no load, so even with cards like TitanZ or 980TI, booting with no water is viable.  Infact, I configured mine without water, enabled SLI, rebooted it once to make sure all was well, then powered down and got the rest of the loop tubed.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know!

Also, if you are building with the hardware in your sig and you are going rigid tubing, please get some pics, I would LOVE to see it.

That is great to hear.  You just made me consider what I would have to do to test each card: I have my 2-way SLI running parallel with two Bitspower BP-MBDG14AALPII Matte Black Dual G1/4" Adjustable Aqua Link Pipe II (41-69mm) fittings, so I would have to drain my large loop (just under 3L) and cut a new soft-tube length (I have extra), but that would be easy.  My drain valve comes directly out of my lower 480mm rad and is about two inches from the 2nd PSU opening (of which its panel remains in when the loop is not being drained) in the Corsair 900D case and it has an adapter on it so I can attach a fitting with a one-meter hose.

SajinHow to get more fps...

#1 Overclock cpu.
    #2 Overclock gpu.

I was afraid those were my only options.

Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 13:25:50 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveBSajin is 100% right.

Keep in mind, you do have a GSync monitor, and while FPS dropping below 60 is not great, with GSync it will have far less of an impact.

Oh yeah . . . so GSync makes even sub-60FPS not look so bad?

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 13:50:49 (permalink)
    For planning out a loop, I look first to cooling, I make sure I am overkill, so I can expand as needed.
    From there I look at disaster recovery.  If _____ breaks, and I need to replace it, how horrid will it be to take this apart, and what can I do to mitigate that?  QD's are a big thing for me now, and also, for testing parts I always try to leave some flex available.

As for GSync,. oh yeah, it is a huge help.  Is it better to be faster, most definitely, but GSync is a huge pl;us for keeping everything smooth, as it syncs the refresh rate of the monitor to the frame rate so you don't get tearing or other such issues.  I saw a side by side demo  same video being played at 35-45FPS same speed, one monitor has GSync the other does not, and the same at higher speeds.  I knew the technology looked awesome on paper, but in practicality I was not sure, but once I saw the demo in person I was in awe and knew I wanted it.  So when a games FPS varies, you hardly notice it unless it is a huge difference in FPS, and even then you do NOT have the problem of portions of the screen rendered in the wrong place laterally.
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 14:23:15 (permalink)
    That is really cool about G-Sync.  Someone was trying to convince me to go 4K, but I knew it was too early to switch over to 4K and still have everything run smooth.  I told them I might do it a year from now, but no sooner.  So far, I am really glad I went with the 2560 X 1440 G-Sync monitor.  I have read where some people have to RMA this particular monitor after a few months (keep in mind that I read it on site where people go to get advice and/or complain), but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Also, my loop was planned to where components are easy to switch in and out, though on the floor of the 900D I have a 480mm rad that is 45mm thick (not including its 25mm thick fans), a 240mm rad that is 60mm thick (not including its 25mm thick fans), and an AX1500i PSU (that requires about 95mm thick of space) so things are a bit snug down there were there are no components.

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 14:40:14 (permalink)
    There is 4k GSync as well, but I was wanting to wait for 4k GSync 120Hz, but the 1440p combo was solid, and currently you cannot get 4k @ 120Hx on DP.  Just is not possible yet, but I am sure this will be coming in the next year or 2.

OK, glad to hear you are planning for disaster recovery for your loop, might not be *as* nice looking but it will save some time and a LOT of frustration if something ever goes south.
    Camille6244
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/02 18:47:38 (permalink)
    Right, whomever takes the 4K plunge right now may have a frustrating time trying to get complete satisfaction from it.

I may still turn this build into a hard-liner if I get bored.  I have all the stuff for it, even a complete Monsoon bending kit.

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Frames Per Second 2015/12/03 14:23:40 (permalink)
    I know some who already have made the jump and swear by it, but, I think it really depends on the application, if you are really wanting a framerate over 60, dont jump yet, you will not be happy, otherwise, if you are good with 60, the nicer 4k's are solid with the cards available.

As for hardline, that could be fun, either way, malleable or hardline, we would love some pics  :)
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile