EVGA

Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question

Author
chrisjohnson83
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/05/28 22:53:39 (permalink)
I sent my 980ti to the Brea, Ca address to step up to the 1080 FE. I followed all directions with the exception of writing the RMA # on the To section with the address, I did however print off a copy of step 5 email and included that in the box which has all info such as the RMA # etc, will this be an issue, I am hoping it doesn't get sent back just because of missing one minor error

9 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:21:16 (permalink)
    You should be fine. It may cause a minor delay, but just watch your tracking. It can take up to 3 business days (weekend and holidays not included) before evga takes further action, as they are getting ready to get slammed with old cards coming in for step up. Just be patient, but ready to spam F5 :-)
    chrisjohnson83
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:23:51 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    You should be fine. It may cause a minor delay, but just watch your tracking. It can take up to 3 business days (weekend and holidays not included) before evga takes further action, as they are getting ready to get slammed with old cards coming in for step up. Just be patient, but ready to spam F5 :-)

Coming from Canada, paid $46.50 to ship to get there on Thursday, if I wanted it overnight would have been $133 to guarantee Tuesday delivery, so expensive
    ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:32:57 (permalink)
    Not to worry. As long as you put the packing slip in there, it has the RMA number. It might make for a slight delay in checking it in, but it won't cause your package to be rejected.

Dang Scarlet-Tech beating me to the reply... Phone call popped up just before I could hit the submit button.
    post edited by EVGATech_ErinW - 2016/05/28 23:34:25
    chrisjohnson83
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:36:07 (permalink)
    EVGATech_ErinW
    Not to worry. As long as you put the packing slip in there, it has the RMA number. It might make for a slight delay in checking it in, but it won't cause your package to be rejected.

Dang Scarlet-Tech beating me to the reply... Phone call popped up just before I could hit the submit button.

Thanks for the reply, how long of a delay are we talking approximately? Any way of letting the receiving team know or updating file, etc?
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:39:00 (permalink)
    Not enough of a delay to send a carrier pigeon to alert them. Stop worrying. It's not going to add a week onto the process.. Just a few minutes while they open the box and look at the slip :-)
    chrisjohnson83
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/28 23:44:51 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    Not enough of a delay to send a carrier pigeon to alert them. Stop worrying. It's not going to add a week onto the process.. Just a few minutes while they open the box and look at the slip :-)

Lol sounds good.. Thanks again for quick reply
    XXALBERTOXX
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/29 00:02:38 (permalink)
    chrisjohnson83
    I sent my 980ti to the Brea, Ca address to step up to the 1080 FE. I followed all directions with the exception of writing the RMA # on the To section with the address, I did however print off a copy of step 5 email and included that in the box which has all info such as the RMA # etc, will this be an issue, I am hoping it doesn't get sent back just because of missing one minor error

May I ask what time you did the step up? (Canada, so your might be central time right?).

I only ask , because I woke up at 6am-8am and didn't see the founders 1080GTX listed on the website until about noon (12pm) lunchtime on May 27th. I immediately did the step-up, but was placed in the queue-system :(

Gaming Rig: Intel i7 2600k + Corsair H70 (2x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15); EVGA P67 SLI motherboard; 8gb DDR3 1866 Mushkin Redline, Corsair AX850 PSU; Nvidia EVGA GTX570 Superclocked; 60GB OCZ Agility III SSD + 500gb Western Digital (Storage), Corsair OBSIDIAN 650d.
    chrisjohnson83
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/29 00:17:25 (permalink)
    XXALBERTOXX
    chrisjohnson83

May I ask what time you did the step up? (Canada, so your might be central time right?).

I only ask , because I woke up at 6am-8am and didn't see the founders 1080GTX listed on the website until about noon (12pm) lunchtime on May 27th. I immediately did the step-up, but was placed in the queue-system :(

In Calgary, there was 3 posted at 7:25 AM, FE, the SC acx 3.0 which I regretted not getting as it has a better cooler and was removed shortly after and also 3rd card. On the thread I was talking to others with, some were able to see the 1080, others weren't, immediately after i successfully submitted my step up the site started crashing hard. About 11:45 Am 4 hours later I started with step 1 of 5 and within an hour or so I got to step 5 after making payment. Was expecting to wait weeks or even months but so happy I was on immediately after they posted them, just got to wait now a week & a half or so to get the 1080 so no overwatch until then
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Forgot to write RMA # in the TO section question 2016/05/29 06:26:43 (permalink)
    Just a heads up, as I am explaining this a lot lately.

The SC card is not part of the step up, only the ACX 3.0. The step up terms cover this:

STEP-UP INVENTORY - WHAT CAN I STEP-UP TO?
    EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards as well as motherboards available to Step-Up to. Products listed are mostly stock (not factory overclocked, or water cooled) due to stock limitations

It would have the 3.0 cooler, which is an upgrade, but it would still be stock clocks, not overclocked at all. That is where you come in and get super addicted to overclocking lol...
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile