EVGA

Highpoint promises insane 56GB/s SSD performance with their Rocket 1608A PCIe 5.0 card

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102371
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/04/18 04:05:35 (permalink)
https://overclock3d.net/news/storage/highpoint-promises-insane-56gb-s-ssd-performance-with-their-rocket-1608a-pcie-5-0-card/

Need bleeding-edge SSD performance? If you do, Highpoint appears to have a solution for you in the form of their PCIe 5.0 Rocket 1608A add-on card. With this product, users can achieve SSD speeds o up to 56 GB/s over a PCIe 5.0 x16 interface, enabling insane levels of I/O throughput with minimal latency.

This PCIe 5.0 add-on card can support up to eight M.2 NVMe SSDs. 56 GB/s speeds can be achieved with four high-speed PCIe 5.0 SSDs or eight high-speed PCIe 4.0 SSDs. Either way, this add-on card can deliver insane speeds. With eight 8TB SSDs, this PCIe 5.0 add-on card from Highpoint can support up to 64TB of total storage. That’s a lot of storage, though it is worth remembering that 8TB M.2 SSDs are incredibly expensive.

This add-on card is made possible though Broadcom’s 48-lane PCIe 5.0 ExpressFabric platform. Essentially, Highpoint’s new Rocket 1608A add-on card is Broadcom’s PEX89048 chip on a PCI Express card with eight M.2 slots. In theory, a higher-end add-on card with more connected M.2 slots is possible. That said, such a card would still cap put at 56 GB/s speeds due to the limits of the card’s PCIe 5.0 x16 interface.

I looked up the cost of this card. It will cost 1500 dollars. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

grahamrodrigue
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Highpoint promises insane 56GB/s SSD performance with their Rocket 1608A PCIe 5.0 card 2024/04/23 21:40:39 (permalink)
    rjohnson11

Need bleeding-edge SSD performance? If you do, Highpoint appears to have a solution for you in the form of their  add-on card. With this product, users can achieve SSD speeds o up to 56 GB/s over a PCIe 5.0 x16 interface, enabling insane levels of I/O throughput with minimal latency.

This PCIe 5.0 add-on card can support up to eight M.2 NVMe SSDs. 56 GB/s speeds can be achieved with four high-speed PCIe 5.0 SSDs or eight high-speed PCIe 4.0 SSDs. Either way, this add-on card can deliver insane speeds. With eight 8TB SSDs, this PCIe 5.0 add-on card from Highpoint can support up to 64TB of total storage. That’s a lot of storage, though it is worth remembering that 8TB M.2 SSDs are incredibly expensive.

This add-on card is made possible though Broadcom’s 48-lane PCIe 5.0 ExpressFabric platform. Essentially, Highpoint’s new Rocket 1608A add-on card is Broadcom’s PEX89048 chip on a PCI Express card with eight M.2 slots. In theory, a higher-end add-on card with more connected M.2 slots is possible. That said, such a card would still cap put at 56 GB/s speeds due to the limits of the card’s PCIe 5.0 x16 interface.

I looked up the cost of this card. It will cost 1500 dollars. 

Hello,

The Highpoint Rocket 1608A PCIe 5.0 card indeed sounds like a powerhouse for those in need of top-tier SSD performance. With the capability to support up to eight M.2 NVMe SSDs and deliver speeds of up to 56 GB/s, it’s a significant leap forward in storage technology. The use of Broadcom’s 48-lane PCIe 5.0 ExpressFabric platform is a key factor in achieving these speeds.  

The potential to have 64TB of storage with eight 8TB SSDs, although costly, could be a game-changer for data-intensive operations. It’s also interesting to note that while there’s the possibility of creating an add-on card with more M.2 slots, the speed would still be capped at 56 GB/s due to the bandwidth limitations of the PCIe 5.0 x16 interface.

The price tag of $1500 reflects the cutting-edge nature of this technology. For professionals and enterprises where time is critical, and data transfer speeds are a bottleneck, this could be a worthwhile investment. It’s always important to consider the balance between cost, performance, and actual needs when looking at such high-end components.

I hope the information may helps you. 

post edited by grahamrodrigue - 2024/04/28 20:57:06
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile