LockedEVGA just lost a customer

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
fergusonll
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/14 20:48:43 (permalink)
superhappyevgamember
mmm sorry to hear that, ive never had a problem with their support. Sent in a psu one time and it took 3 days to get there and back to my house. Im no fan boy of invidia or evga, but their customer support and their warranties are easy to do and keep track of, thats the only reason why I haven't gone over to the red team or used any other brand.

Sounds kind of like you're fan boy, but that's ok, so am I.
Yawmawn
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/15 18:57:01 (permalink)
I had made the mental note to not come back until a considerable development had occurred. The story has developed a bit.

Regarding the drivers: I have begun looking into the new drivers and see if they improve performance. The benchmarks are obviously from before the update and if there are enough of them, the average will drown out anything that has been added since. I am too running a GTX 660 Ti and haven't seen a noticeable performance increase (and I am definitely well below the GTX 570) myself so perhaps the drivers are not the fix. At least not for the GTX 660 Ti. They might (frankly, you're all correct in that they SHOULD) make the 780 Ti perform better. This particular application demands only single precision computing so it was actually surprising that the 780 Ti didn't immediately overshadow the 570. Again, I'll look into it.

Regarding the inventory issue: I personally don't feel that the 5xx series is old enough that something like the GTX 570 would be completely out of stock. I had in fact considered this earlier. I just didn't like the way their service dealt with the situation. The wording in particular was quite lacking. It's like they made no effort to understand that the GTX 660 Ti itself was not an adequate upgrade. I wasn't pleased with the way they insisted a GTX 660 Ti was better.

Regarding the first time post: EVGA made a solid card for me. I haven't needed to come here. I waste enough of my time in the forum related to that project that I probably shouldn't come here, too. 

As for the rest of the story: I made an incorrect judgement on how the customer service exchange would play out. I didn't have high hopes but it turns out I was wrong. For that, I apologize. As it turns out, an independent EVGA service rep has entered the issue and made a frankly amazing offer. If he pays the return shipping on the 660 Ti, he will get a GTX 580. If I had in any way anticipated this response this thread would definitely not exist. If that had been their original response, I might have even come here to praise them! At any rate I am immensely impressed.

As an independent EVGA rep (perhaps the very same? who knows?) also showed up here and gave a good response, I can think of three ways this played out.
  • Their tin can customer service forwarded this a manager who came to the decision to give a better-than-expected product as a result of the mess, out of the kindness of his heart (i.e. this post didn't have any effect). If that is the case then I again apologize to anyone who felt like I was unduly upset (except whoever tried to insist the GTX 660 Ti was better than the GTX 570; while usually correct, it should have been seen that this was not true in this case)
  • Customer service decided to offer a GTX 580 just to make this go away (the squeaky wheel gets the grease). Frankly, this is okay too. I think losing money because you throw it at problems instead of dealing with them properly is an excellent balance for sloppy customer service.
  • This thread was felt by management who decided to act up in order to minimize their losses. Someone brought up that I had gone too far by bringing this to a public forum, but I think this is entirely the point! What better way to expose a hole in customer service then to make it public? Then we can see how EVGA deals with it. Think: If you owned a business and someone made a public complaint about it, you too would feel pressured to deal with it. I had half expected to see my post erased, to be honest.
In either of these three cases, the end result for the particular user is good. The reasons this result was met might be good or so-so, but I have been proved wrong and am not afraid to admit it. I'll check back on a regular basis to answer anyone who wants to say I told you so. Or anything else. I am going to give EVGA the benefit of the doubt and assume my comments came in while management was dealing with the situation and that my complaint hasn't swayed them in any way.

I was going to buy an XSPC waterblock for my GTX 670, but if a Hydro Copper is still available for the GTX 680 (which I believe would fit the GTX 670 FTW) I think I'll buy it instead. 

EDIT: Two more things I want to say. The first is that I don't find that the logic most of you suggested, that because the service was great for all of you one bad case is forgiven, is in any way justified. You all feel like you are held to great standards but that doesn't mean you can make an exception. If EVGA wants the reputation of being great with their customers, they're going to have to work for it. Hell, they've earned my respect...

Finally, I want to again stress my amazement at the offer of a GTX 580. The mark of a great company. Kudos.
post edited by Yawmawn - 2013/11/15 19:02:34
richj44
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2251
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/15 22:14:07 (permalink)
Cool. Welcome to the club of customers who've been treated right by EVGA. Believe me, it's not a rare occurrence. Glad things worked out for your friend and I hope that 580 does the job right! 

MSI Z590-A / I5-11400 / 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance RAM / MSI 1660 TI / Viotek GNV32DB monitor / Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb / Seasonic Focus 750 Gold / Saitek Eclipse II keyboard / Samsung DVD Burner / Phanteks Enthoo Pro case / Windows 11 / Nothing overclocked
RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/16 03:07:47 (permalink)
You are very lucky considering they did give you a upgrade like that. I've seen things like this happen in the past... Like AMD's (Technically ATI's last video card before they were bought out) HD5800 series owners getting a free upgrade to a newer generation, a HD6900 series card and they were pissed because they couldn't get near the bit coins a HD5800 series card would push out. Even the HD7900 cards didn't do that great compared to a HD5800 card in this case. But for gaming, they were more than marginal improvements for the replacement.

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/16 03:42:18 (permalink)
EVGA customer and technical support does more in my opinion for its customers than any other similar company. I'm glad this seems to have worked out for you.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/19 09:12:02 (permalink)
Congratulations you have gotten the card you wanted!

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

dyno0919
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2105
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/19 18:21:25 (permalink)
Customer service alone is the reason why I buy EVGA cards. Welcome back to the club .
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/19 19:22:45 (permalink)
dyno0919
Customer service alone is the reason why I buy EVGA cards. Welcome back to the club .

Yup.       

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/20 14:56:55 (permalink)
If you stick around here for any length of time, you will come to realize a few things.  

1.  EVGA does not delete posts simply for speaking badly of them.  Rather EVGA welcomes these comments and tells the moderators to monitor them and delete flaming posts, but to leave the OP intact.  They do this because they want people to see how the respond to these types of issues.  
2.  Because EVGA is the #1 Nvidia partner, they sell more GPU's than anyone else.  Sometimes people get a dud, sometimes people have false expectations and end up being disappointed.  This can't be helped.  The only thing EVGA can and does do is attempt to satisfy them to the best of their ability.
3.  You can't please everybody.  Although EVGA tries to the best of their ability to satisfy a customer, sometimes they just cant for various reasons.  These might be unrealistic expectations, someone has a bone to pick and no-one and nothing will deter them from picking that bone, or what we have seen around here all too often, someone wants to take advantage of EVGA's reputation for customer service and get something for nothing.  For instance, someone buys a 660 Ti, but when they get it home it won't play their games at max details in 3D surround across three screens.  So they decide to call up EVGA and demand that they upgrade them to a Titan.  EVGA understandable cannot accommodate this type of demand, but they will do everything they can.

Obviously I am not saying that this is the case for you and your friend.  I am saying, if you stick around here long enough, you will see this again and again.

I mention all of that to say that the one thing you can count on is that EVGA will go out of their way to resolve any and all issues possible.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
msc-services
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2013/11/27 04:59:29 (permalink)
I had 780i that went bad, EVGA support gave me a P55 upgrade NOT just a low end P55 but P55 FTW 200, what company does that? not many it's the reason I own 2 system board and 4 video cards with the EVGA brand.  24hr Tech Support? who does that not many. If you guy's want upgrade my x2 550ti's to 650ti's I'd be happy and I wouldn't come here and post neg- comments :P
evgauser87214
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 21:37:04 (permalink)
Same here call EVGA and was assumed i was lieing and a lot of things i had the privilege to record the call and i have a lot of crap on this guys on how they operate. Keep a Eye out of YouTube Tile will be EVGA - Worst Nightmare and why you shouldn't never buy Every Video Gamer Against their products , i will even advertise that just so other stay way from the crap.

Case Number was: 2569908
First Rep: Thomas
Manager Mathew (last name will be released in the video)

a small sorry the first rep told me the exact date of the shipment to best buy the manager asked me when was it i said april and he repeats yeah i see it April lmao. when i asked what date he started to say i am withdrawing info because i dont think you actually bought the card etc lmfao. gave them the serial number.

*Screenshot-ed if deleted or banned*
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 19:12:51
VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 21:56:36 (permalink)

Same here call EVGA and was assumed i was lieing and a lot of things i had the privilege to record the call and i have a lot of crap on this guys on how they operate. Keep a Eye out of YouTube Tile will be EVGA - Worst Nightmare and why you shouldn't never buy Every Video Gamer Against their products , i will even advertise that just so other stay way from the crap.

a small sorry the first rep told me the exact date of the shipment to best buy the manager asked me when was it i said april and he repeats yeah i see it April lmao. when i asked what date he started to say i am withdrawing info because i dont think you actually bought the card etc lmfao. gave that dumb ass the serial number.

Apparently you haven't lived life at all.  Nothing is perfect.  Not every product will ever be perfect.  I have bought and registered over 40 products from EVGA and I can assure you that I have had issues....

However, EVGA has ALWAYS made things right.  Unlike many companies, EVGA is truly customer service oriented, and if you are level headed, they will ALWAYS bend over backwards to provide the best customer service in the computer industry.

Your post should be deleted, and you should go to another community to troll in.

#Ignorance
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2017/02/23 23:01:04

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

MDeckerM
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1799
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 22:18:43 (permalink)
evgauser87214

a small sorry the first rep told me the exact date of the shipment to best buy the manager asked me when was it i said april and he repeats yeah i see it April lmao. when i asked what date he started to say i am withdrawing info because i dont think you actually bought the card etc lmfao. gave that dumb ass the serial number.

Hello,

you are free to speak your mind however I have changed your user name as it violated our TOS.

Thank you
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 17:23:05
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 22:48:22 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
evgauser87214

Apparently you haven't lived life at all.  Nothing is perfect.  Not every product will ever be perfect.  I have bought and registered over 40 products from EVGA and I can assure you that I have had issues....

However, EVGA has ALWAYS made things right.  Unlike many companies, EVGA is truly customer service oriented, and if you are level headed, they will ALWAYS bend over backwards to provide the best customer service in the computer industry.

Your post should be deleted, and you should go to another community to troll in.

#Ignorance

Apperantly you are in a bubble waiting to pop so dont lecture me about life. 40 products some get this guy a grammy

They bend over for you :) nice to know. Just google evga customer support if not wait for the video to see how the reps speak.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 17:22:48
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 22:49:25 (permalink)
EVGATech_MDecker
evgauser87214

Hello,

you are free to speak your mind however I have changed your user name as it violated our TOS.

Thank you

Hi,

My username was renamed from <removed> to my first and last no where in terms and condition does it state its offensive.

21st century same sex marrage are legal and allowed to be used in tv show. Please answer asap.

Please quote me to the terms where is not allowed
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 17:23:25
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:02:23 (permalink)
evgauser87214
EVGATech_MDecker
evgauser87214

Contact the webmaster via email if you disagree with EVGA's decision: webmaster@evga.com

Hello,

Thank you

Hi,

My username was renamed from <removed> to my first and last no where in terms and condition does it state its offensive.

21st century same sex marrage are legal and allowed to be used in tv show. Please answer asap.

Please quote me to the terms where is not allowed

Contact the webmaster: webmaster@evga.com
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 17:23:46

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:02:36 (permalink)
Why are you doing this? Domt you have anything better to do...lol

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:11:35 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
Why are you doing this? Domt you have anything better to do...lol

Sorry man.. i am just seeking for some justice. I am sorry i dont mean to offend any one here if i have i am personaly sorry.

I had something to do untill nvidea tech support completly disbaled my pc and told me to download a 3rd party software.
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:37:39 (permalink)
Lmao... even my post are being deleted now this is gold... keep it up i have got it all stored.

Orignal message.

After 3 attempts of having my thread unlocked i am not obligated to do so.

Finally got a pm from tech saying wait for a email from the webmaster.

Now i shall wait. I cant reply to his pms so i have to state my opinion here.

Forums is suppose to where users discuss yet i am getting private response... its a open forums staffs lets discuss whats the issue?
post edited by ShawnPatel - 2017/02/23 23:40:31
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:41:57 (permalink)
Not sure why you continue to post when you have already been given instructions on what to do. No need to keep drawing more attention to your issue. Wait for the webmasters response. Thanks.
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:44:16 (permalink)
I was instructed on not to make threads this is a post!

2nd this is a forums and its a forums for a reason for opinion and discusion. If i wanted a private reply i would have emailed to begin with
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:44:42 (permalink)

You don't have to worry about not being able to reply to his PM's. You are using email.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:45:58 (permalink)
XrayMan

You don't have to worry about not being able to reply to his PM's. You are using email.

As stated i already emailed the email provided on my orignal thread.
evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/23 23:52:31 (permalink)
And in terms and condition:

Posting Guidelines

Members are free to post any topic on the forums, provided it is not prohibited by the TOS. All topics must be placed in the correct section, or a Moderator may move the thread to the appropriate area without warning.
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 08:59:45 (permalink)
I can't find the video on YouTube. Is it still uploading? Are you on dial-up?

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 09:21:00 (permalink)
Is this guy really still trying to get a 660ti or 570? Sorry if I'm behind in this but dude just get a 1060 which will smoke you're 670 and go circles around it; you're wasting your time insisting getting your 670. You're beating a dead horse. Also, good job necroing the thread.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 09:32:57 (permalink)
stalinx20
Is this guy really still trying to get a 660ti or 570? Sorry if I'm behind in this but dude just get a 1060 which will smoke you're 670 and go circles around it; you're wasting your time insisting getting your 670. You're beating a dead horse. Also, good job necroing the thread.

No,

Post #42 was made by ShawnPatel on a thread that was inactive since November 2013

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

evgauser87214
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 09:58:27 (permalink)
kaninja

Yes i am, but i guess you cant read i said FEW DAYS. Just trying to get some proof of purchase and stuff ready.
knock
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 10:57:33 (permalink)
I don't think anyone cares really. We're not support.

Obsession is dangerous BTW.
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: EVGA just lost a customer 2017/02/24 13:38:24 (permalink)
evgauser87214
kaninja

Yes i am, but i guess you cant read i said FEW DAYS. Just trying to get some proof of purchase and stuff ready.

You are funny.

I think EVGA will treat you properly.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/02/24 17:24:20

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile