EVGA

EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 19
Author
The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/21 14:17:02 (permalink)
Excellent.  Shipped my FTW out to Cali from NYC at 2:11 PM EST Friday (via USPS Priority Mail with $680 insurance) and it arrived at EVGA's Brea office yesterday, 2/20, at 11:05 AM.  (Unexpected, considering it was a holiday, but that's what the tracking said and I'm not complaining).  Thankfully, unlike the old days, you can now track the USPS VJ insurance mail receipt codes via Google or 17TRACK.  Now we'll see how long it takes them to process the turnaround.  I was actually able to get the original box to fit into one of the flat rate shipping boxes.  Came out to $24 total ($10.40 for the insurance) for anyone in the US considering shipping it that way instead of FedEx, UPS, etc. 

UPDATE:  A few minutes ago at 8:34 PM, I received email from my UPS account with a shipping notice and tracking number from EVGA!  It looks like the free standard shipping has my card due to be delivered to me on Monday, 2/27.  Shipping speed aside, that's a quick turnaround. :)
post edited by cdburrus - 2017/02/21 18:31:28

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/21 19:07:19 (permalink)
cdburrus
Excellent.  Shipped my FTW out to Cali from NYC at 2:11 PM EST Friday (via USPS Priority Mail with $680 insurance) and it arrived at EVGA's Brea office yesterday, 2/20, at 11:05 AM.  (Unexpected, considering it was a holiday, but that's what the tracking said and I'm not complaining).  Thankfully, unlike the old days, you can now track the USPS VJ insurance mail receipt codes via Google or 17TRACK.  Now we'll see how long it takes them to process the turnaround.  I was actually able to get the original box to fit into one of the flat rate shipping boxes.  Came out to $24 total ($10.40 for the insurance) for anyone in the US considering shipping it that way instead of FedEx, UPS, etc. 

UPDATE:  A few minutes ago at 8:34 PM, I received email from my UPS account with a shipping notice and tracking number from EVGA!  It looks like the free standard shipping has my card due to be delivered to me on Monday, 2/27.  Shipping speed aside, that's a quick turnaround. :)

I shipped mine fedex, $13 from NYC to California. Costed me $10 for the box and a few other things as well, but shipping was dirt cheap.
mrgoodkat
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/21 20:28:05 (permalink)
TheProfosist
 They need to put confidence back into their resellers. I assume now theyll sell out of the ACX 3.0 and only sell the ICX. 

They could have done that without killing our resale value. Upping their warranty on the ACX 3.0 cards while also trying to reason with people in a comprehensive PR campaign. It would have not only been the right thing but also could have helped educate people in the PCMR community who still meme the 970 3.5 vram garbage. These are the 'people' I will need to resell my card to. No harm in trying to make them slightly less stupid.

TheProfosist

Its not like other companies dont reuse coolers without issue has happened a number of times in recent years. 

Also you probably better off not spending the $100 as you not going to make that back at resale even on a 1080, much less a lower card.

I dont recall any other thermal design for Pascal that did not actively cool the VRM, when going through the reviews before being loyal to EVGA, against my better judgment. Only EVGA reused the cooling solution from the 9 series. I saw the review with that area running hot but my loyalty won out. That's my fault. I pride myself on being a smarter consumer.

I paid $20 over the Gigabyte price for the 'famed' EVGA customer service. I just never dreamed that customer service would actively work against my resale value to save face for a previous mistake. Because that is what they did. No amount of spin or justification for needing or wanting to toss more money their way makes it anything else.

People thanking them and just mindlessly tossing more money their way. Many of these people will make up a generation that likely won't be able to retire. They should remember times like this when the realization hits later in life. People have got to be smarter with their money, and demand better from the companies we spend it with when they do something against our interests as a current customer. They have an obligation to us first, over a future customer. They could have met that obligation without tossing us under the bus.

No, there is no way in hell I am tossing another $120 their direction. As I said; I will not rule out owning something with their name on it, but only if it makes sense for my wallet. Im no longer a loyal customer. It's a stupid concept to begin with. Be loyal to your wallet. Not a lot of that happening in this thread...

post edited by mrgoodkat - 2017/02/21 20:35:40
sungchu
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/21 21:11:46 (permalink)
asia evga icx promotion seems to error.

I logged in paypal & push checkout with out paypal button.

but showing that massage.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

How do I purchase icx upgrade?

sorry for my bad english
post edited by sungchu - 2017/02/21 21:14:30
kouji1022
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 05:10:34 (permalink)
I applied for an ICX upgrade on February 11.

As of February 22, I have not yet received an e-mail asking for payment

What is going on?

Attached Image(s)

nhorn1983
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 05:45:17 (permalink)
I applied within minutes of it opening the 10th and am still pending so don't feel bad lol
crazyg0od33
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2085
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 13:33:23 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
cdburrus

I shipped mine fedex, $13 from NYC to California. Costed me $10 for the box and a few other things as well, but shipping was dirt cheap.

damn man...$26 from NJ to CA with insurance.  Did you not insure yours or something?
Antwann
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 13:48:30 (permalink)
Does anyone know if cross-shipping is available?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 13:56:15 (permalink)
crazyg0od33
damn man...$26 from NJ to CA with insurance.  Did you not insure yours or something?

I didnt factor in the price of the box and the bubble wrap, since I had them at home and could not bring them with. I shipped mine the least expensive way possible, with insurance.

Antwann

Cross shipping is not available for the upgrade from what I understand.
ipaine
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 14:22:13 (permalink)
Man you guys are lucky for your shipping prices. Since mine, if I do it, will be $26 with only $100 insurance 5 days no guarantee or 3 days guaranteed with full insurance for $59. Now if I want to ship both of my cards at the same time that will save me a bit and would be around $70 but I can't insure it for the full amount only up to $1000. Now these are Canada Post prices so maybe I could get cheaper elsewhere but still I doubt it would be much cheaper.

Anyone know what the costs are for expedited shipping for the icx cards? And if we are doing 2 cards at the same time would they ship them together to save on shipping costs? Trying to figure out how much it will really cost me to upgrade both cards.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 14:39:14 (permalink)
ipaine
Man you guys are lucky for your shipping prices. Since mine, if I do it, will be $26 with only $100 insurance 5 days no guarantee or 3 days guaranteed with full insurance for $59. Now if I want to ship both of my cards at the same time that will save me a bit and would be around $70 but I can't insure it for the full amount only up to $1000. Now these are Canada Post prices so maybe I could get cheaper elsewhere but still I doubt it would be much cheaper.

Anyone know what the costs are for expedited shipping for the icx cards? And if we are doing 2 cards at the same time would they ship them together to save on shipping costs? Trying to figure out how much it will really cost me to upgrade both cards.

Hopefully someone in Canada can reply, but i do knoq when you go to pay, you can select the shipping speeds from a few different choices. The frew one is obviously the slowest, but it does have other options. As far as prices, I am completely unable to assist unfortunately.
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1263
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 17:44:03 (permalink)
W00t!!! Just got the email....Thank you eVGA tech/customer service/RMA Depts.

UPS Service:UPS NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Number of Packages:1
Package Weight:3.0 LBS
Scheduled Delivery:02/23/2017

post edited by DeathAngel74 - 2017/02/22 18:21:52

Carnage specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING | Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820x | Memory Channels#1 and #3: Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz | Memory Channels#2 and #4: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz | GPU: eVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Hybrid | PhysX: eVGA 1070 SC2 | SSD#1: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2 nVME(Windows/boot) | SSD#2&3: OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATAx2(RAID0-Games) | SSD#4: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SATA(Storage) | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360mm AIO LCS | Case: Thermaltake X31 RGB | Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1000W Titanium | Keyboard: Razer Ornato Chroma | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma | Mousepad: Razer Firefly Chroma | Operating System#1: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64 | Operating System#2: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (3DS Homebrew/Build Environment)
comrade
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1316
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 20:00:50 (permalink)
Certainly would like to know what they're planning for the Classified cards.  The two I have cost a total of $1,500 and I had to drive to Microcenter to get them.  I would hope they are not planning on charging a higher price for the upgrade than on the other cards!  The upgrade page still says "Stay Tuned", but the 28'th is coming up rather quickly.  Less than a week to go, and still not a hint of anything!

Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Pro WiFi Amd sTRX4 ATX MB, AMD Ryzen 9 Threadripper 3960x, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 24G-P5-3988-KR, twin - 28" 3840 x 2160 Monitors, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, M2 NVME SSD for OS, 3x2 TB  Samsung 980 Pro SSD's for storage, Samsung SH-203 SATA DVD Drive, Coolermaster 1000 Watt PSU, Win 11 Pro, Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced case. EVGA Z20 Gaming Keyboard, Razer Orochi 2013 Mouse.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 20:07:50 (permalink)
comrade
Certainly would like to know what they're planning for the Classified cards.  The two I have cost a total of $1,500 and I had to drive to Microcenter to get them.  I would hope they are not planning on charging a higher price for the upgrade than on the other cards!  The upgrade page still says "Stay Tuned", but the 28'th is coming up rather quickly.  Less than a week to go, and still not a hint of anything!

When EVGA releases information, it will be available. Until then, we wont get anything. They will make a post when more information is available, they always do.
The Stranger
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 21:20:52 (permalink)
Good morning, I received an email from the upgrade approval, but from what I understand I just send the card and not the original box. It is usually required even the box. I just send only the card?

"How to return your product:
Your product MUST be returned undamaged and in its original factory condition. If you have modified your product it may delay your iCX Upgrade from processing and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the product to factory condition as indicated under our . Physically damaged products are not covered by warranty.
-You may keep all your accessories even though you will receive a new product in return.-
Please do not send in the following: Power Cables, Power Cords, Posters, Games, T-shirts, I/O Shields, I/O Covers, CPU cooler Adapters and Brackets, Adjustment Tool, Weights, DVI to VGA Adapters, HDMI adapters, DMS cables, Low-Profile Brackets, Case Badges, Graphics Card Backplates that were purchased separately as an accessory or given through a promotion, Stickers, Manuals, CD's and original box packaging."
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/22 21:56:01 (permalink)
The Stranger
Good morning, I received an email from the upgrade approval, but from what I understand I just send the card and not the original box. It is usually required even the box. I just send only the card?

Your product MUST be returned undamaged and in its original factory condition. If you have modified your product it may delay your iCX Upgrade from processing and you may be assessed a service fee to restore the product to factory condition as indicated under our . Physically damaged products are not covered by warranty.
-You may keep all your accessories even though you will receive a new product in return.-
Please do not send in the following: Power Cables, Power Cords, Posters, Games, T-shirts, I/O Shields, I/O Covers, CPU cooler Adapters and Brackets, Adjustment Tool, Weights, DVI to VGA Adapters, HDMI adapters, DMS cables, Low-Profile Brackets, Case Badges, Graphics Card Backplates that were purchased separately as an accessory or given through a promotion, Stickers, Manuals, CD's and original box packaging."

Yes, send just the card with appropriate packing materials.
The Stranger
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 01:09:45 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
The Stranger

Yes, send just the card with appropriate packing materials.

Thank you very much...
crazyg0od33
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2085
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 03:53:35 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
crazyg0od33

I didnt factor in the price of the box and the bubble wrap, since I had them at home and could not bring them with. I shipped mine the least expensive way possible, with insurance.

Antwann

Cross shipping is not available for the upgrade from what I understand.

yeah, my shipping alone was 26 haha.  I had the bubble wrap and box already
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 05:37:07 (permalink)
mrgoodkat
TheProfosist
 They need to put confidence back into their resellers. I assume now theyll sell out of the ACX 3.0 and only sell the ICX. 

They could have done that without killing our resale value. Upping their warranty on the ACX 3.0 cards while also trying to reason with people in a comprehensive PR campaign. It would have not only been the right thing but also could have helped educate people in the PCMR community who still meme the 970 3.5 vram garbage. These are the 'people' I will need to resell my card to. No harm in trying to make them slightly less stupid.

TheProfosist

Its not like other companies dont reuse coolers without issue has happened a number of times in recent years. 

Also you probably better off not spending the $100 as you not going to make that back at resale even on a 1080, much less a lower card.

I dont recall any other thermal design for Pascal that did not actively cool the VRM, when going through the reviews before being loyal to EVGA, against my better judgment. Only EVGA reused the cooling solution from the 9 series. I saw the review with that area running hot but my loyalty won out. That's my fault. I pride myself on being a smarter consumer.

I paid $20 over the Gigabyte price for the 'famed' EVGA customer service. I just never dreamed that customer service would actively work against my resale value to save face for a previous mistake. Because that is what they did. No amount of spin or justification for needing or wanting to toss more money their way makes it anything else.

People thanking them and just mindlessly tossing more money their way. Many of these people will make up a generation that likely won't be able to retire. They should remember times like this when the realization hits later in life. People have got to be smarter with their money, and demand better from the companies we spend it with when they do something against our interests as a current customer. They have an obligation to us first, over a future customer. They could have met that obligation without tossing us under the bus.

No, there is no way in hell I am tossing another $120 their direction. As I said; I will not rule out owning something with their name on it, but only if it makes sense for my wallet. Im no longer a loyal customer. It's a stupid concept to begin with. Be loyal to your wallet. Not a lot of that happening in this thread...

Nice to read that kind of post ;)

If some people have too much money, please send me a PM, I can help with that ! ;)
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 08:04:35 (permalink)
Meh....This is my last "upgrade" until Christmas. My wife told me I'm staying home, instead of going to Hawaii this Summer, if I upgrade the PC anymore. ROFL! I can pay my own way dang it.

Carnage specs:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING | Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820x | Memory Channels#1 and #3: Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz | Memory Channels#2 and #4: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 4x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz | GPU: eVGA 1080 TI FTW3 Hybrid | PhysX: eVGA 1070 SC2 | SSD#1: Samsung 960 EVO 256GB m.2 nVME(Windows/boot) | SSD#2&3: OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATAx2(RAID0-Games) | SSD#4: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SATA(Storage) | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 RGB 360mm AIO LCS | Case: Thermaltake X31 RGB | Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1000W Titanium | Keyboard: Razer Ornato Chroma | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma | Mousepad: Razer Firefly Chroma | Operating System#1: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate X64 | Operating System#2: Linux Mint 18.2 Sonya (3DS Homebrew/Build Environment)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 08:13:03 (permalink)
DeathAngel74
Meh....This is my last "upgrade" until Christmas. My wife told me I'm staying home, instead of going to Hawaii this Summer, if I upgrade the PC anymore. ROFL! I can pay my own way dang it.

Just get a space heater, some sand, and a really bright light... make your own hawaii right next to your upgrades, lol.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102253
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 08:16:52 (permalink)
sungchu
asia evga icx promotion seems to error.

I logged in paypal & push checkout with out paypal button.

but showing that massage.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

How do I purchase icx upgrade?

sorry for my bad english

In what country are you located?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

DeathAngel74
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 08:18:27 (permalink)
@Scarlet-Tech,
HAR HAR! I'm not staying for 2 weeks while the rest of the family is on vacation, LOL! She even tried to bring up the stuff from Razer...I told her that doesn't count, since those were V-Day presents from her......
All joking aside, thanks guys! The card is on the truck and will be delivered today between 1030a-230p. Once I deal with high schooler's parent/teacher conferences, I can have fun with my new toys....Sucks being an adult sometimes hehehe.
post edited by DeathAngel74 - 2017/02/23 08:25:05

Carnage specs:
ilyama
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 341
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 08:28:29 (permalink)
DeathAngel74

Step up your wife 
DeathAngel74
FTW Member
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 10:15:40 (permalink)
Already did that once in 2007. She's a keeper! 
Sidenote:

post edited by DeathAngel74 - 2017/02/23 12:17:38

Carnage specs:
DJSeb
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 14:40:46 (permalink)
I'm about to go to the UPS store to ship my 1080SC. Do I have to uninstall the drivers to use my old GTX 770 SC?
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 14:44:37 (permalink)
It is best to reinstall drivers because of the different architecture, and it only takes a few minutes.
dlomond
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 15:01:37 (permalink)
any word on how long the wait is to get approve. did mind on th 12 still nothing.

thanks

Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Gigabyte X570 Master
Ryzen 9 5900X
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3600 (F4-3600C16D-32GTZR)
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING
970 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 2TB
960 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 250GB
Samsung 840 Pro Series 512GB SSD
Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD
6TB IronWolf HDD, SATA III
H150i RGB PRO XT 360mm Radiator Extreme Liquid Cooler
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe Sound Card
Corsair AX1200 Power Supply
LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop White RGB LED PWM Fan ( 9 Fans)
iCUE Commander PRO
Predator XB271HU 27in Widescreen IPS LED LCD w/ G-SYNC
Siberia v2 CS:GO Edition Headset
Creative Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers
Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 (Razer Green Keys)
Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition
Windows10 Pro Version 20H2
nhorn1983
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 15:44:37 (permalink)
dlomond
any word on how long the wait is to get approve. did mind on th 12 still nothing.

thanks

What card do u have?
The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA GeForce GTX 10 Series Cards with iCX Technology! 2017/02/23 17:39:29 (permalink)
DJSeb
I'm about to go to the UPS store to ship my 1080SC. Do I have to uninstall the drivers to use my old GTX 770 SC?

As Scarlet-Tech stated, it's a good idea to reinstall the drivers.  That being said, I just shoved my spare GTX 570 HD in and everything got recognized just fine.  Mind you, I was just being lazy and, as a sys admin, I'd suggest the clean reinstall. ;)

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile