[GearUpwithEVGA] Gold Rush

Author
dkmodified
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/10/30 15:40:15 (permalink)
Hey guys,
This is my first time posting here in EVGA forum.

Just a quick explanation for this project.
I'm not good in photo editing and rendering stuff so please bare with me on the photos of the concept. 
The plan is to use MATX case and rotate the motherboard 90 degrees and make it fit on a MATX Case. Layouts and design will go as i build the pc.

Color scheme of this build will be "Black and Gold".
Hope you guys will enjoy this project.

thanks.

post edited by dkmodified - 2017/08/07 11:15:33

29 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/30 15:47:02 (permalink)
    Welcome to the Forum dkmodified
    So Far it looks really Nice +1 if you had a MODS RIGS and Some Benchmark Scores.
    Time to Create One and even maybe win the 1000 EVGA Bucks coming up.
    1,000 EVGA Bucks System Countdown: 12, that is after 12 more new MODS RIGS Created someone will win. Build Yours

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2016/10/30 15:50:17

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

ARIOS-X1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 208
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/30 15:59:16 (permalink)
    Nice style, I like the rotated motherboard. I am a custom automotive painter and I custom painted my case silver/kandy orange, and just a thought for you, the color gold is a very tricky color to "look right" it can easily turn out too yellow or too brown/orangish. If you decide to paint it gold, make sure you choose carefully as from my experience it's quite a difficult color to get it to look how you want it. Maybe an 18k gold paint would be a good choice as it would fall inbetween the colors yellow and copper.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/30 16:44:04 (permalink)
    ARIOS-X1
    Nice style, I like the rotated motherboard. I am a custom automotive painter and I custom painted my case silver/kandy orange, and just a thought for you, the color gold is a very tricky color to "look right" it can easily turn out too yellow or too brown/orangish. If you decide to paint it gold, make sure you choose carefully as from my experience it's quite a difficult color to get it to look how you want it. Maybe an 18k gold paint would be a good choice as it would fall inbetween the colors yellow and copper.

You really need to go an look at this case. You will most likely want to change what you have written.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/30 17:14:38 (permalink)

Looks nice.         

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    ARIOS-X1
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/30 18:55:37 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    ARIOS-X1

You really need to go an look at this case. You will most likely want to change what you have written.

I did look at it and it's nice. On the case above my eyes see yellow, not gold.  What I should have put is once you start using Kandy Paints things can get complicated quickly. That's what I am referencing in my previous comment. My apologies on not stating that clearly. Kandy is on a level of its own in regards to paint which only custom painters will use and not manfuactors (atleast I don't know of any manufactors for cases that can spray Kandy yet, they can use colored metallics or bases as you usually see) but if you know some who do, please let me know if there is such a company as I'd be glad to see how their cases look, espcially gold themed ones.
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/31 04:04:28 (permalink)
    ARIOS-X1

Hi bro.
    thanks for the input. before i was planning to mix paint but luckily for me, i found an aerosol spray can here near my place. so i think i will just use the 18k aerosol spray to save me time and effort but will spend more $$$ i think. LOL

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/31 04:06:10 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Welcome to the Forum
    So Far it looks really Nice +1 if you had a MODS RIGS and Some Benchmark Scores.
    Time to Create One and even maybe win the 1000 EVGA Bucks coming up.
    1,000 EVGA Bucks System Countdown: 12, that is after 12 more new MODS RIGS Created someone will win.

thanks a lot for the warm welcome and for liking the build.
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/31 04:08:18 (permalink)
    XrayMan

Looks nice.         

thank you sir
    ARIOS-X1
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/31 14:29:31 (permalink)
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1

Hi bro.
    thanks for the input. before i was planning to mix paint but luckily for me, i found an aerosol spray can here near my place. so i think i will just use the 18k aerosol spray to save me time and effort but will spend more $$$ i think. LOL

No prob, I think your best bet is going with that 18k look, that's the best looking gold and truest to color in my opinion. Going with a 24k will make it look too yellow. You sure are going to have a unique looking case with that gold, not many people choose gold so you'll be one of rare few haha! Good luck with it and I would like to see how it looks in the end, maybe post about it here when you're finished.
    EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Glitz 2016/10/31 16:29:35 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums dkmodified !  and congrats on the Gear Up with EVGA sponsorship!
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/01 05:05:50 (permalink)
    ARIOS-X1
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1

Hi bro.

No prob, I think your best bet is going with that 18k look, that's the best looking gold and truest to color in my opinion. Going with a 24k will make it look too yellow. You sure are going to have a unique looking case with that gold, not many people choose gold so you'll be one of rare few haha! Good luck with it and I would like to see how it looks in the end, maybe post about it here when you're finished.

yeah.. i would definitely post a worklog of the project here in the forum. again, thanks for the advice.
    and yeah, i think i know why less people choose gold, the spray can is freakin expensive.. about 15usd per can. demn. hahahaha.. it really is "GOLD".

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/01 05:06:53 (permalink)
    EVGATech_EddieH
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums dkmodified !  and congrats on the Gear Up with EVGA sponsorship!

thanks for the warm welcome EddieH. and thanks for giving me the opportunity to be sponsored.
    ARIOS-X1
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/01 06:57:24 (permalink)
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1

Hi bro.

yeah.. i would definitely post a worklog of the project here in the forum. again, thanks for the advice.
    and yeah, i think i know why less people choose gold, the spray can is freakin expensive.. about 15usd per can. demn. hahahaha.. it really is "GOLD".

$15 a can aint that bad when you consider I paid $500 for my silver +120 Orange Kandy + Clear Coar = $620 just for my cases paint, but I simply wanted to paint it with the best I could afford I almost went with chrome instead of silver but it would have been double the price lol... I'll be posting my rig up on MOD RIGS later today. I installed some new CableMod cables and a custom painted motherboard cover yesterday. I'll edit this post later to let you know to check it out, now I just gotta take some HD pictures
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/01 23:35:04 (permalink)
    ARIOS-X1
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1
    dkmodified
    ARIOS-X1

Hi bro.

$15 a can aint that bad when you consider I paid $500 for my silver +120 Orange Kandy + Clear Coar = $620 just for my cases paint, but I simply wanted to paint it with the best I could afford I almost went with chrome instead of silver but it would have been double the price lol... I'll be posting my rig up on MOD RIGS later today. I installed some new CableMod cables and a custom painted motherboard cover yesterday. I'll edit this post later to let you know to check it out, now I just gotta take some HD pictures

I really want to see the final result. right now, im waiting for the parts to arrived so i can start the planning. I already have the case though. 

but maaaan.. that $620 for a paint. dats pretty expensive. ill see what i can do with the $15 paint. hahahaha.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/02 04:44:49 (permalink)
    Looking forward to the final pics.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Glitz 2016/11/19 17:30:03 (permalink)
    really looking forward to the build!! cant wait!
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/02/07 09:32:57 (permalink)
    Hey guys,
    its been a while. finally, i received the hardware for this build. its so daaaaaaaamn. smexy....

There is also some changes on the build.
    We are going to put an ATX Motherboard on a MATX case. hope everything will went well. hahahaha.
    please stay tuned hopefully i will be starting the project soon.
    more updated to come this week. 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Glitz 2017/02/11 00:27:56 (permalink)
    Looks good and looking forward to more pics.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

tantricmodz
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: Glitz 2017/06/28 15:52:48 (permalink)
    looking great bro. goodluck with the project!
    dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/07 11:14:43 (permalink)
    hey guys. sorry for having no update on this project. just got some personal issue.
    right now, im starting to get back on this project. :) cheers.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/12 00:40:47 (permalink)
    Looking forward to your progress

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/23 10:08:26 (permalink)
    Here are some photos of the hardware that we are going to use.

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/26 00:23:04 (permalink)
    some test fit is being done.
    i really need to double check each measurement since the case is for matx mobo's only.

as expected. it will be a tight fit.
    the PSU is so big. i need to change it to sfx psu.
    Vlada011
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10257
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/26 01:28:37 (permalink)
    dkmodified
    i really need to double check each measurement since the case is for matx mobo's only.

I think G3 series could fit.
    They are small.
    EVGA prepare new line, SFX-L. Two models EVGA 650 and 750 G3-S

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
    http://www.evga.com
    http://www.intel.com
    http://www.nvidia.com
    https://watercool.de
    http://www.lian-li.com
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
    https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/27 23:29:44 (permalink)
    Vlada011
    dkmodified

I think G3 series could fit.
    They are small.
    EVGA prepare new line, SFX-L. Two models EVGA 650 and 750 G3-S

thanks for the suggestion mate. EVGA already sent me out their g2 series. 
    so i might use what ever i have here. if the g2 can't really fit. no choice but to look for a PSU that is locally available here in my region.

bigcee
    • Total Posts : 82
    Re: Glitz 2017/08/28 05:45:26 (permalink)
    Interested to see your progress. I wonder if this style case should be a new trend for LAN parties. :)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22,23

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/10/09 01:47:40 (permalink)
    DISASSEMBLE TIME.

dkmodified
    Re: Glitz 2017/10/09 01:48:58 (permalink)
    bigcee
    Interested to see your progress. I wonder if this style case should be a new trend for LAN parties. :)

thanks bro. hopefully it will turn out good.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Glitz 2017/10/14 01:17:17 (permalink)
    Looking forward to more progress now that it is disassembled.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile