AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 82 of 89
Author
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/09 13:59:17 (permalink)
Dukman
Even with only 2 mods installed, load order could be part of it.  

Yeah, I got hit with the update was well.  I think it was mostly because Microsoft updated their NET framework which required an update on the part of the NMM.    But if it's any consolation, I've been having more random crashes with the latest NMM as well.  Though honestly, I think some of that is tied to load order.  

I seriously need to go through my mods and do some weeding.  Im now up to 211 mods and 238 plugins.  So time to do some cleaning.  Plus some research into learning how to combine things in FO4Edit.

And almost forgot.  I started a new game.  Still deciding if that was a good idea or not.

I really am considering this also. I have a lot of building to do as well as redo and that is going to take some time. I am no where near the end of the main quest ending so I can do things a little different. Besides, I like the game enough to do a run through again. But I won't do any of this until I get my new monitor in a couple of days.

In the mean time I think I will go over to Nexus and do some snooping. LOL  See what you started?
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/09 16:04:01 (permalink)
Well let me toss some gasoline into that fire.

10 mods that I consider to be absolutely essential.

Armor and Weapons Community Resource
Better Settlers
DEF_UI
Gold Kit for Color Pip-Boy
Homemaker
Improved Passive Power
Longer Power Lines x3 version
Modern Firearms v2.11 - No longer available on the Nexus.
Place Everywhere
Valdacils Item Sorting

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/14 18:23:48 (permalink)
Dukman
Well let me toss some gasoline into that fire.

10 mods that I consider to be absolutely essential.

Armor and Weapons Community Resource
Better Settlers
DEF_UI
Gold Kit for Color Pip-Boy
Homemaker
Improved Passive Power
Longer Power Lines x3 version
Modern Firearms v2.11 - No longer available on the Nexus.
Place Everywhere
Valdacils Item Sorting

I like that longer power line mod. I'll be looking into that one.

I haven't played FO 4 lately due to the smaller monitor I am using. I'll be setting the new monitor up tomorrow.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/18 01:20:50 (permalink)
Pulled this up: (It's an older article though, so be ready for it.)
 'Fallout 4' Doesn't Have Multiplayer, But Bethesda Tried It
It's a conversation that always pops up when talking about Bethesda's open-world RPGs. Whether it is the nuclear wasteland ofFallout or the snowy peaks of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, there are definitely more than a few fans who want to experience these vast, richly detailed worlds with a couple of their friends.Those fans will have to wait a bit longer, asFallout 4 will not have any kind of multiplayer functionality. But that doesn't mean Bethesda didn't experiment with the idea.
Speaking with MashableFallout 4 director Todd Howard says the team at Bethesda did toss around the idea of adding multiplayer to their latest RPG.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/63694/20150625/fallout-4-doesnt-have-multiplayer-but-bethesda-tried-it.htm

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/22 09:56:54 (permalink)
With Zuhl abandoning all his Commonwealth girlfriends, this thread has gotten quiet.

I've restarted with another playthrough.  On my last one, I wasn't happy with how I had so effectively cornered myself with the different factions so quickly.  So this time around Im hoping to (mostly) avoid that fate.

@Stalin - I'm kind of glad that Fallout 4 and other Bethesda games don't have multiplayer.  I can see how co-op would be cool, but my one trustworthy co-op buddy is a dedicated console peasant, so that wouldn't be possible.  Plus I play these games at the end of the day to get away from people and relax.  Multiplayer would be counter productive to that. 

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 04:04:56 (permalink)
stalinx20
Pulled this up: (It's an older article though, so be ready for it.)
 'Fallout 4' Doesn't Have Multiplayer, But Bethesda Tried It
It's a conversation that always pops up when talking about Bethesda's open-world RPGs. Whether it is the nuclear wasteland ofFallout or the snowy peaks of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, there are definitely more than a few fans who want to experience these vast, richly detailed worlds with a couple of their friends.
Those fans will have to wait a bit longer, asFallout 4 will not have any kind of multiplayer functionality. But that doesn't mean Bethesda didn't experiment with the idea.
Speaking with MashableFallout 4 director Todd Howard says the team at Bethesda did toss around the idea of adding multiplayer to their latest RPG.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/63694/20150625/fallout-4-doesnt-have-multiplayer-but-bethesda-tried-it.htm

I guess I'm a loner when it comes to multi-player games and that includes the Elder Scrolls and Fall Out series. I think about it sometimes but not too hard. LOL  In the end it's just me and my PC.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 04:25:49 (permalink)
Dukman
With Zuhl abandoning all his Commonwealth girlfriends, this thread has gotten quiet.

I've restarted with another playthrough.  On my last one, I wasn't happy with how I had so effectively cornered myself with the different factions so quickly.  So this time around Im hoping to (mostly) avoid that fate.

@Stalin - I'm kind of glad that Fallout 4 and other Bethesda games don't have multiplayer.  I can see how co-op would be cool, but my one trustworthy co-op buddy is a dedicated console peasant, so that wouldn't be possible.  Plus I play these games at the end of the day to get away from people and relax.  Multiplayer would be counter productive to that. 

I've been some what busy to even play the game.
I did run into an error with a rifle that is labeled unlimited (45.70) ammo but that is not true. If it doesn't have 999 in the ammo amount it will use your stash.

I've been toying with the idea of starting over also. Too many of my settlements look like crap in the construction area and it takes a long time to improve them. Add to the fact that I messed up and joined some factions too early also. I also think that I may have lost some roving merchants.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 05:16:24 (permalink)
Dukman

For argument sake, i really think it would be cool to have co-op for Fallout 4, it would bring more creativity and partnership rather than you dragging your companion around like an anchor in the water. 

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 07:28:23 (permalink)
stalinx20
Dukman

For argument sake, i really think it would be cool to have co-op for Fallout 4, it would bring more creativity and partnership rather than you dragging your companion around like an anchor in the water. 

I completely see the appeal.  In fact several weeks prior my buddy and I were discussing co-op in Fallout 4. 

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 08:01:41 (permalink)
I pretty much quit playing. All I do now is tromp around with some doofy Raider following me around while I where stupid glasses looking for hidden Crappies or something similar. I had to add another Firewall exception for some Steam webhelper that wasn't where it was supposed to be so I added some kind of Steam something so it would work again. I miss my Cait, boo hoo wahhhh!.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 08:45:55 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I pretty much quit playing. All I do now is tromp around with some doofy Raider following me around while I where stupid glasses looking for hidden Crappies or something similar. I had to add another Firewall exception for some Steam webhelper that wasn't where it was supposed to be so I added some kind of Steam something so it would work again. I miss my Cait, boo hoo wahhhh!.

I ran into your ex-girlfriend Collette again. She's nasty with a very bad attitude. She does send you her love though. LOL

Have you tried that new survival mode just released? I don't know much about it but it sounds like you don't have any quests to do other than staying alive. Sounds tough.

PS. Good to see you.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 08:51:43 (permalink)
Colette is history. The last time she came at me I ran into Home Plate, went onto the roof, and used my Silenced Combat Sniper Rifle to put her down. I left her naked corpse laying in the middle of Diamond City after I looted it but someone keeps putting clothes back on her. Some kind of "Keep Diamond City Beautiful" campaign...

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/23 09:01:00 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Colette is history. The last time she came at me I ran into Home Plate, went onto the roof, and used my Silenced Combat Sniper Rifle to put her down. I left her naked corpse laying in the middle of Diamond City after I looted it but someone keeps putting clothes back on her. Some kind of "Keep Diamond City Beautiful" campaign...

She is aggressive I'll say that much!

Sounds to me like Diamond City needs to revamp their beautification policies again.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/24 16:59:40 (permalink)
Dukman

I pulled the trigger on a new restart also.

I found something I didn't know about also. The town where Garvey and his band are located a death claw enters the battle. Has anyone been down in that hole that it came out of?
egainey1981
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 179
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/24 17:34:04 (permalink)
whiskers54
Dukman

I found something I didn't know about also. The town where Garvey and his band are located a death claw enters the battle. Has anyone been down in that hole that it came out of?

yeah, I have been there, can't remember what is there though.

EVGA DG-87, Asus Hero Maximus X Z370, i7-8700K, EVGA 280MM CLC , GSKILL 16GB (4x4)(3200)
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, 250 GB 960 EVO M.2, 1TB & 2TB Seagate Barracuda, EVGA Supernova 1200 P2
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/24 19:24:25 (permalink)
Zuhl3156

Same here. I actually went back to Skyrim. Currently waiting on the free special edition update.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/25 09:01:39 (permalink)
stalinx20
Zuhl3156

Same here. I actually went back to Skyrim. Currently waiting on the free special edition update.

Yep, this routine gets real tired in a hurry. I may never play this mess again.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/10/28 04:59:54 (permalink)
egainey1981
whiskers54
Dukman

yeah, I have been there, can't remember what is there though.

Junk, ammo, caps and a magazine.

Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/01 09:27:32 (permalink)
Random Fallout 4 pics because Im home sick and bored.

And just for you Zuhl

Personally I wish she would just. shut. up.  But hey... 

Heatware

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/01 17:27:29 (permalink)
Dukman
Random Fallout 4 pics because Im home sick and bored.

And just for you Zuhl

Personally I wish she would just. shut. up.  But hey... 

I can't afford her at this time. I started over and ammo is low. Run with the Dog and you will be back with her fast. Zuhl must have forgotten about her. LOL

Considering that you started over, does the game feel different to you?

I changed my plan to building Sanctuary as the main settlement base and go with the outdoor movie area to serve as the main settlement area. More buildable area and I can build at least 8 stories. Everything will be on board the complex making it better to defend. All the settlements will send a provisioner to it.

Speaking of defending that place, it gets attacked/visited every couple of days by the Rusty gang allowing me to really build up material and caps.

I found a robot platform that has an eyebot that goes out and locates material for you and tells you where it is located. I have it marked.

In all honesty I like this game better now as I am able to build to suit my needs the first time around.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/02 06:40:49 (permalink)
whiskers54
I can't afford her at this time. I started over and ammo is low. Run with the Dog and you will be back with her fast. Zuhl must have forgotten about her. LOL

Considering that you started over, does the game feel different to you?

I changed my plan to building Sanctuary as the main settlement base and go with the outdoor movie area to serve as the main settlement area. More buildable area and I can build at least 8 stories. Everything will be on board the complex making it better to defend. All the settlements will send a provisioner to it.

Speaking of defending that place, it gets attacked/visited every couple of days by the Rusty gang allowing me to really build up material and caps.

I found a robot platform that has an eyebot that goes out and locates material for you and tells you where it is located. I have it marked.

In all honesty I like this game better now as I am able to build to suit my needs the first time around.

I give her and everyone else, 5 rounds of ammo for whatever particular gun I upgrade them too.  That's all they need, ever.  

I think it feels a bit different, largely because I'm trying to go at things differently than last time and taking paths differently than I did before.  But also, Im seeing how some of my mods affect me at a lower level.  Raiders and Supermutants are much tougher due to mods and that has resulted in numerous reloads.  It feels like I am not leveling up as quickly as last time, but maybe thats because Im still in the "critical build" stage of my character and every skill point is desperately needed. 

I plan to revamp Sanctuary, but I don't have any plans to make it my base of operations again.    Which reminds me, I need to go dig up The Railroad and get moving on those quests.  It doesn't get attacked all that often in my game.  Though there is a woman there who keeps running to me to rescue her kidnapped friend.  Working on rescue number two for her.  

As for building,  I haven't gone too extravagent yet.  I build just enough to keep the settlers content and move on.  When the populations increase, I'll go back and build a "grand residence" for the ungratefuls.

I've yet to start and DLC's.  Wanted to get some better weapon skills before diving into Far Harbor or Automatron, because they are both shoot fests.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/02 08:55:55 (permalink)
Is that my babe, Cait? She doesn't look right in that S&M armor. LOL  She needs to powder her nose too. Her complexion is a little too shiny. Maybe she's sweating from you working her too hard. You need to kill all or most of the enemies before she sees them or she'll be off chasing them down like a bloodhound. Before you know it you're using a StimPak on her and refilling her ammo along with repairing her armor. That girl has no common sense!
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/02 16:57:22 (permalink)
Dukman

I give her and everyone else, 5 rounds of ammo for whatever particular gun I upgrade them too.  That's all they need, ever.  

I think it feels a bit different, largely because I'm trying to go at things differently than last time and taking paths differently than I did before.  But also, Im seeing how some of my mods affect me at a lower level.  Raiders and Supermutants are much tougher due to mods and that has resulted in numerous reloads.  It feels like I am not leveling up as quickly as last time, but maybe thats because Im still in the "critical build" stage of my character and every skill point is desperately needed. 

I plan to revamp Sanctuary, but I don't have any plans to make it my base of operations again.    Which reminds me, I need to go dig up The Railroad and get moving on those quests.  It doesn't get attacked all that often in my game.  Though there is a woman there who keeps running to me to rescue her kidnapped friend.  Working on rescue number two for her.  

As for building,  I haven't gone too extravagent yet.  I build just enough to keep the settlers content and move on.  When the populations increase, I'll go back and build a "grand residence" for the ungratefuls.

I've yet to start and DLC's.  Wanted to get some better weapon skills before diving into Far Harbor or Automatron, because they are both shoot fests.

I tried giving her a weapon and appropriate ammo and she runs out of it and switches weapon if she has one. But that was the old game so I'll try it agaon and see what happens.

So it wasn't just me thinking the game was different. Your reasoning makes sense as I am also playing different paths and doing so with a purpose as opposed as the old game.

I was thinking about the RR also as I want that weave perk. LOL

I have a few settlers in Sanctuary. Garvey and clan. The drive in only has one person there and that is a provisioner. I have the main complex built and need to dress it up a bit. No power yet but I do have a water pump built. LOL

whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/02 16:58:31 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Is that my babe, Cait? She doesn't look right in that S&M armor. LOL  She needs to powder her nose too. Her complexion is a little too shiny. Maybe she's sweating from you working her too hard. You need to kill all or most of the enemies before she sees them or she'll be off chasing them down like a bloodhound. Before you know it you're using a StimPak on her and refilling her ammo along with repairing her armor. That girl has no common sense!

Been that long sailor?    
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/02 20:23:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156

I think she looks better in that black armor, plus she got a face lift.  As for being shiny, she just came in from the rain.

She is really good at getting in the way whilst in the midst of a firefight.  And going the wrong direction and getting into her own fire fight.  And falling off of things.  And complaining a lot.  

whiskers54

I tried giving her a weapon and appropriate ammo and she runs out of it and switches weapon if she has one. But that was the old game so I'll try it agaon and see what happens.

So it wasn't just me thinking the game was different. Your reasoning makes sense as I am also playing different paths and doing so with a purpose as opposed as the old game.

I was thinking about the RR also as I want that weave perk. LOL

I have a few settlers in Sanctuary. Garvey and clan. The drive in only has one person there and that is a provisioner. I have the main complex built and need to dress it up a bit. No power yet but I do have a water pump built. LOL

I run a mod called "Infinite Ammo".  Give your follower or settler a single round of ammo for their new weapon and they'll never need ammo for that weapon again.  Prior to that, I would mostly leave them with their default weapons because your followers tend to shoot at everything and therefore use up hundreds of rounds.  

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/03 07:15:04 (permalink)
She's especially bad at that one scrap yard that has the Super Mutants camped out in there. At the end of the battle I usually find her sitting on the ground, pouting, waiting for a StimPak. I was at a workbench trying to mod my Alien Blaster and noticed that you can use Nuka-Cola Quantum for ammo and it gives more damage. There might be other weapons too but I was focused on my Alien Assault Rifle, Alien Sniper Rifle and Alien Blaster. I had plenty of Nuka-Cola so I set off looking for a skirmish and my weapon would NOT fire. Apparently you have to 'weaponize' your Nuka-Cola at a Cook Station. IDK if I had to find the recipe somewhere or not but I'm ready as soon as I mod my Alien weapons to use Nuka-Cola for ammo again. I found it by accident when I used a Cooking Station to brew some goodies just for XP and there it was staring me in the face.
I made Cait a special high powered, high rate of fire, Laser Rifle. I went to rename it to add 'Cait's' to the title but when I started typing everything in the field went 'poof' so all it says is "Cait's Laser Rifle" now.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/05 06:22:28 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
stalinx20
Zuhl3156

Yep, this routine gets real tired in a hurry. I may never play this mess again.

Skyrim also applies the same: go to, smash and grab, return, then repeat as Fallout 4. And yes, it does get repetitive. But for me it allows me to really explore the environment and not be placed in a rush to complete the main quest. 1000+ hours is not unreasonable for me at that style of approach.

OT
The latest Skyrim release needs some patching. Hopefully that will all get done before I get through FO 4.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/05 06:35:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
She's especially bad at that one scrap yard that has the Super Mutants camped out in there. At the end of the battle I usually find her sitting on the ground, pouting, waiting for a StimPak. I was at a workbench trying to mod my Alien Blaster and noticed that you can use Nuka-Cola Quantum for ammo and it gives more damage. There might be other weapons too but I was focused on my Alien Assault Rifle, Alien Sniper Rifle and Alien Blaster. I had plenty of Nuka-Cola so I set off looking for a skirmish and my weapon would NOT fire. Apparently you have to 'weaponize' your Nuka-Cola at a Cook Station. IDK if I had to find the recipe somewhere or not but I'm ready as soon as I mod my Alien weapons to use Nuka-Cola for ammo again. I found it by accident when I used a Cooking Station to brew some goodies just for XP and there it was staring me in the face.
I made Cait a special high powered, high rate of fire, Laser Rifle. I went to rename it to add 'Cait's' to the title but when I started typing everything in the field went 'poof' so all it says is "Cait's Laser Rifle" now.

This I did not know!!!! I did find a couple of Nuka grenades and they do have a very high damage count but didn't think about the ammo aspect of it.

I ran into that weapons name issue also. You have to be inventive on the names as you have a very limited space to work in.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/05 08:08:47 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

This I did not know!!!! I did find a couple of Nuka grenades and they do have a very high damage count but didn't think about the ammo aspect of it.

I ran into that weapons name issue also. You have to be inventive on the names as you have a very limited space to work in.

I hate nuka grenades.  At least when they get tossed at me.

And I don't have a problem with limited space when naming my weapons and armor.  At least not anymore.   But yes, I can sympathize.  Because Skyrim never really solved that issue and pre-modded Fallout 4 limited me as well. 

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/11/05 08:10:13 (permalink)
I bought Titanfall 2 but I'm just getting started so I really can't say much about it yet.
post edited by Zuhl3156 - 2016/11/05 10:42:03
Page: << < ..8182838485.. > >> Showing page 82 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile