EVGA

Helpful Reply[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done!

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
OrangeClockwerk
  • Total Posts : 51
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/02 12:05:31 (permalink)
Hey Everybody! Its been a long time coming on this one! Sorry for the long gap in updates, the build went back burner to client projects, then to the MSI Pro Mod, then more client projects. Eventually I made a stand to push for a completed build for Quakecon 2016 a few weeks ago. I had a 36 hour modding marathon up until hopping in the car for our 17 hour drive, and after the grueling delirious hour of work, the build didn't power up. Not only that many things were rushed and corners were cut. I tried fixing it in my hotel room but to no avail. The trip was not in vein though, Heath Coop (Tek by Design) and I competed as a team in the 24hr live mod at Quakecon and won first place with our Doom themed build. That was an awesome experience and I will be returning next year with a working Cyprus29 and also to spend the 3 days gaming and relaxing this time lol.
I am almost done with the build now and have tons of photos to share with you all. Unfortunately Cyprus is on 15 or so forums, some only allowing 10 photos, so to make updating these forums a little more organized over the next couple weeks Im rolling out this update, plus 3 more, and then a final photos update to wrap this sucker up! To see the full photo sets from this update, and future updates, head over to my new website, Clockwerk Industries, where I will be hosting all my upcoming worklogs. Some forums do not like links to outside pages so you can just google it or check my social media accounts. I am also building a 1200mm by 900mm 100w Reci Co2 Laser next week and started a store on my website. The laser should also open the door to some sick stuff for my upcoming mods. I will also be doing a build log for the laser on my website, mod zoo, and CNCzone. Stay tuned for that one!
Alright now that we caught up a bit lets start the update 1 of my final 4.
Of course a huge huge thanks to the amazing and patient sponsors on this build!

So I I wanted to run the copper bar theme throughout the build so I brought it to the front. I first cut a base for the mid section and top bezels.

After that I cut .25" acrylic stock into bars and chamfered the corners on the mill.

Next up is the copper paint!

Finally I glued the bars on the bezels were finally finished!

The top bezel has a hole pattern for mounting the top bezel reservoir which I will show in one of the coming updates.
Thats all for this update! I wish I didnt have this build on so many forums I would have more photos in my posts. Well, until the next post, a huge thanks to everyone who has been following this build, I appreciate your support! See ya soon!
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/02 13:13:00 (permalink)
Glad to see you back on this project and the results are looking very good.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/02 14:07:00 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Thanks man! Yeah building my business took up so much of my time, Ive been back on this build for a couple months now but I only had time to share on social media. Should be filling the loop in a couple days =D
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/03 07:28:49 (permalink)
OrangeClockwerk
rjohnson11

Thanks man! Yeah building my business took up so much of my time, Ive been back on this build for a couple months now but I only had time to share on social media. Should be filling the loop in a couple days =D

Looking forward to that and some final pics.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

movieman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1114
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/03 13:20:15 (permalink)
anxiously awaiting final pics!!! I am expecting greatness :)

NZXT B550   AMD 5950X
EVGA 3080Ti Hydrocopper
WD Black 2TB NVME
Corsair 64GB (4 x 16GB)
Alienware AW3418DW 34" UW
Corsair HX 850          Corsair 5000X(white)
Windows 10               HEATWARE
OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 11/16/15 :Finally an update! Its almost done! 2016/09/03 17:35:02 (permalink)
movieman
anxiously awaiting final pics!!! I am expecting greatness :)

Thanks man! I will do my best to not disappoint! 
OrangeClockwerk
[Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/13 19:17:56 (permalink)
Hey Everybody! Its been a long time coming on this one! Sorry for the long gap in updates, the build went back burner to client projects, then to the MSI Pro Mod, then more client projects. Eventually I made a stand to push for a completed build for Quakecon 2016 a few weeks ago. I had a 36 hour modding marathon up until hopping in the car for our 17 hour drive, and after the grueling delirious hour of work, the build didn't power up. Not only that many things were rushed and corners were cut. I tried fixing it in my hotel room but to no avail. The trip was not in vein though, Heath Coop (Tek by Design) and I competed as a team in the 24hr live mod at Quakecon and won first place with our Doom themed build. That was an awesome experience and I will be returning next year with a working Cyprus29 and also to spend the 3 days gaming and relaxing this time lol.
I am almost done with the build now and have tons of photos to share with you all. Unfortunately Cyprus is on 15 or so forums, some only allowing 10 photos, so to make updating these forums a little more organized over the next couple weeks Im rolling out this update, plus 3 more, and then a final photos update to wrap this sucker up! To see the full photo sets from this update, and future updates, head over to my new website, Clockwerk Industries, where I will be hosting all my upcoming worklogs. Some forums do not like links to outside pages so you can just google it or check my social media accounts. I am also building a 1200mm by 900mm 100w Reci Co2 Laser next week and started a store on my website. The laser should also open the door to some sick stuff for my upcoming mods. I will also be doing a build log for the laser on my website, mod zoo, and CNCzone. Stay tuned for that one!
Alright now that we caught up a bit lets start the update 1 of my final 4.
Of course a huge huge thanks to the amazing and patient sponsors on this build!

So I I wanted to run the copper bar theme throughout the build so I brought it to the front. I first cut a base for the mid section and top bezels.

After that I cut .25" acrylic stock into bars and chamfered the corners on the mill.

Next up is the copper paint!

Finally I glued the bars on the bezels were finally finished!

The top bezel has a hole pattern for mounting the top bezel reservoir which I will show in one of the coming updates.
Thats all for this update! I wish I didnt have this build on so many forums I would have more photos in my posts. Well, until the next post, a huge thanks to everyone who has been following this build, I appreciate your support! See ya soon!

Hey guys I apologize for the delays, I just built a Co2 laser cutter and building it and calibrating it has taken a bit longer than I had expected. Its finally up and cutting now and I am starting to make products for my webstore. Once I have them all done Ill release the final photos of Cyprus 29 in conjunction with a 29% off sale on my site so stay tuned! Until then, here is final update 2 of 4. This update I have photos of the custom fan enclosures I made for my Cooler Master JetFlo fans.

First off thanks to my sponsors for their generous support and patience!

Here is a render I made in Autodesk Fusion 360, I still have a lot to learn when it comes to rendering, but that software is so awesome. You can model, mold, render, do toolpaths for CNC, direct export to 3d printers, and also, its free!

First I had to remove some metal on the front panel and then paint it.

Next up I cut the enclosures out on the cnc router. and glued up the frames.

To guard the blades I needed to cut the acrylic bars to size and chamfer the corners on the mill.

Then I removed the fans with their motors from their original enclosures and hitthe blades and bars with the copper paint

Once the paint cured I glued everything up! Im happy with the result!

That's all for this update, next up I will show you guys my wire management layout using aviation connectors that panel mount on the motherboard tray! The final update will be the water cooling install. Then the last thing will be the final photos!! I will roll these updates out quicker over the next week. Thanks for those who have followed this build since the beginning!
post edited by OrangeClockwerk - 2016/10/13 19:19:59
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/15 01:55:12 (permalink)
Definitely interested in what your aviation connectors will look like.

OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/15 13:08:59 (permalink)
rjohnson11

Thanks man! I think I will put the next update up probably Monday, I got a few things to wrap up on this mod and a bunch of prototypes to make for my new modding webstore. I want to get these last updates up ASAP. Thanks for following the build! 
rintala
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/15 15:25:22 (permalink)
Nice work! What copper paint you use?

i7-6700k | Maximus VIII Extreme | 2 x Evga GTX1080FTW | 16GB 3000MHz | 2 x 250GB SSD | 2000GB HDD |
Obsidian 900D | MAD CATZ STRIKE 7 & R.A.T 9 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Asus RT-AC68 | Win 10 insider
OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/15 15:44:32 (permalink)
rintala
Nice work! What copper paint you use?

Thanks bro! I actually used Rustoleum Copper Metallic. I wanted to use House of Kolor TruMetal I think its called, but I started the build before I had a paint gun, so half way through I got my paint gun so I kept painting with the rustoleum but i "decant" the paint, where I remove the paint from th can into a jar then pray it through a paint gun.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/16 01:47:24 (permalink)
OrangeClockwerk
rjohnson11

Thanks man! I think I will put the next update up probably Monday, I got a few things to wrap up on this mod and a bunch of prototypes to make for my new modding webstore. I want to get these last updates up ASAP. Thanks for following the build! 

Any more info on the modding webstore?

OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/16 14:48:54 (permalink)
rjohnson11
OrangeClockwerk
rjohnson11

Any more info on the modding webstore?

Yeah actually its something I have wanted to do for along time, I was just always was so busy with custom work I thought that was enough to get by on, but turns out to be very unreliable income and orders can become unpredictable, there is no solid ground living order to order. So I have been working with other modders and companies and ended up with a solid amount of parts I could make if I had a laser cutter, so I built a Co2 laser cutter and I have a handful of modding parts I will be offering on my site. With the use of my laser cutter, cnc router, and 3d printer, I will be starting with window mod kits, power supply shrouds, GPU backplates, radiator grills, reservoirs, my case cubes, and possibly some hardware, tools, parts, and components I have used in my mods that I thought were cool and want to see what others can do with them. 
CptSpig
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM Stacker : Update 18: Custom Fan Enclosures 2016/10/24 15:36:42 (permalink)
That's some serious attention to detail +10

LCRava
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1059
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM HAF Stacker 935 : Update 8 : June 24th : Custom reservoir trim! 2016/10/25 13:28:39 (permalink)
Sick mods, great attention to detail and loved the color scheme. Besides that, you're a BEAST!!! Congrats man!
post edited by LCRava - 2016/10/25 13:35:39

MY AFFILIATE CODE: X6EXZ64PSH  

"I don't always GAME in 4K, but when I do, I prefer 4 TITANS"

OrangeClockwerk
Re: [Cyprus 29] CM HAF Stacker 935 : Update 8 : June 24th : Custom reservoir trim! 2016/10/26 15:46:13 (permalink)
CptSpig
That's some serious attention to detail +10

LCRava
Sick mods, great attention to detail and loved the color scheme. Besides that, you're a BEAST!!! Congrats man!

Thank you both! Much appreciated! It is all about the details for sure =D
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile