EVGA

How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Killers

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/22 09:50:07 (permalink)
Fair enough and true. Man you must be a picky eater lol. Nah we all are picky eaters. For example with me I can't stand the taste of cucumbers , figs, egg plants, cantaloupe, zucchini, and squash. With tomatoes I can't eat it like a apple, I have to mix it in with other foods. But I am sure we can both agree that dead flesh you consume rotting in your intestines is a lot nastier tasting than some whole foods we both listed.

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 07:40:19 (permalink)
You can diet all you want, but I'm going to continue enjoying life. What is the point of living to 110 if you do it on cabbage?

Now excuse me I've got cheetos and a Dr Pepper to drink for breakfast
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 11:35:51 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Your basically right on the spot with everything except for lean meats. No such thing as lean meats. Nothing lean about meat with all the fat, saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. Not to leave out all the hormones, additives/preservatives, antibiotics as well as other drugs the animals has consumed before slaughter. Also when you buy store meat, you are buying stressed meat from the slaughter houses of the meat, dairy, and egg industry. There is NOT a single benefit when eating meats except for one, which is keeping you full tell your next meal. No profound nutrients that help your body live longer that fight the 15 diseases listed above. This goes for any animal based product that is consumed. Just that the meat and dairy industries has spewed out advertisement and research propaganda which is linked up with the big pharmaceutical industries to make a profit off of people's misery of being nutritionally unhealthy.

I eat free range chicken.....some from my own farm, and fish I catch myself mostly. I only eat red meat maybe once a month and when I do it is ranch grazed hormone free beef.

Nothing wrong with lean meats.

I will say a meat heavy diet is not sustainable for this planet. It just isn't possible, or even a responsible use of resources to have diets that consume meat multiple times per day.

I've seen the gross shape chickens are in on the way to slaughter from some of these massive growers. No way would I eat those rotting yet somehow living zombie chickens.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 12:34:24 (permalink)
The reason we are unhealthy and overweight isn't because of our diet at all, its because we are sedentary lifestyle compared to even 50 years ago. People do less physical work than they used to. My grandfather was a rancher, he wait 3 fried eggs, half a lb of bacon and a ham steak for breakfast every morning, a few turkey or ham sandwiches for lunch and for dinner usually BBQ or a casserole with meat. He lived to be 89 and died from complications with skin cancer, which is caused by him being outdoors working hard every day of his life. Guess what no high cholesterol, no other bad side effects of his terrible diet. People used to eat this way normally, it's not bad for you as long as your actually moving around.

Heck at my job as a computer tech I eat a lot of meat, and drink Dr Pepper and sweet tea, and eat plenty of snacks. And guess what because i spend a lot of time moving equipment around, either on a dolly, cart or by hand and walk 10-12 miles a day just doing my normal job I've continued to loose weight and my last physical showed me in peak health. It's not about what you eat its about how much physical activity you do. 
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 19:19:05 (permalink)
candle_86
The reason we are unhealthy and overweight isn't because of our diet at all, its because we are sedentary lifestyle compared to even 50 years ago. People do less physical work than they used to. My grandfather was a rancher, he wait 3 fried eggs, half a lb of bacon and a ham steak for breakfast every morning, a few turkey or ham sandwiches for lunch and for dinner usually BBQ or a casserole with meat. He lived to be 89 and died from complications with skin cancer, which is caused by him being outdoors working hard every day of his life. Guess what no high cholesterol, no other bad side effects of his terrible diet. People used to eat this way normally, it's not bad for you as long as your actually moving around.

Heck at my job as a computer tech I eat a lot of meat, and drink Dr Pepper and sweet tea, and eat plenty of snacks. And guess what because i spend a lot of time moving equipment around, either on a dolly, cart or by hand and walk 10-12 miles a day just doing my normal job I've continued to loose weight and my last physical showed me in peak health. It's not about what you eat its about how much physical activity you do. 

Yes you are right about people having inactive life styles today compared to back then. I blame a lot of it towards technology and the conveniences of it. But anyways I disagree, it is about what you put in your mouth. Reason why people are mostly fat and ugly is because of what they eat. And just because nothing happened to your grandpa does not eliminate the fact that its about what you eat. So according to your saying nothing happen to him, OK well but the overwhelming scientific data and research shows that the majority of the population suffers from what they put in their mouths. Again its just him and one person does not define everyone else and just because nothing did not happen to him does not mean it will be the same fate for you. Also take a look at food 50 years ago. Back then food generally only had about 2-4 ingredients at max on the food labels. But in today's world thats not the case. There are over 20 different ingredients and preservatives in many of the process foods we all enjoy today in which almost all of them have no health benefits whatsoever to our bodies. That in itself is one of the MAJOR causes of why people are sick and unhealthy.

Now let me get this straight your saying that you walk 10-12 miles a day while being a computer tech? LOL I dont believe you. I think your over exaggerating on that. Maybe at most like 2 miles. Go ahead try 12 miles on the treadmill walking, I am sure that is going to get to you.  Dont tell me you did 10-12 miles because your fitbit or phone told you. If you dont know already those step counters are SOOOO inaccurate. Fitbit is getting sued anyways because how inaccurate the heart rate meter is. Those step counters on our fitbits, apple and samsung watches dont count our steps, they count our arm swings. My sister try to rub it in my face that she does a total of 7 miles at work a day because her fitbit says so. I told her " o yeah you do huh, then why are you still fat" lol.

candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 21:24:13 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
candle_86

Yes you are right about people having inactive life styles today compared to back then. I blame a lot of it towards technology and the conveniences of it. But anyways I disagree, it is about what you put in your mouth. Reason why people are mostly fat and ugly is because of what they eat. And just because nothing happened to your grandpa does not eliminate the fact that its about what you eat. So according to your saying nothing happen to him, OK well but the overwhelming scientific data and research shows that the majority of the population suffers from what they put in their mouths. Again its just him and one person does not define everyone else and just because nothing did not happen to him does not mean it will be the same fate for you. Also take a look at food 50 years ago. Back then food generally only had about 2-4 ingredients at max on the food labels. But in today's world thats not the case. There are over 20 different ingredients and preservatives in many of the process foods we all enjoy today in which almost all of them have no health benefits whatsoever to our bodies. That in itself is one of the MAJOR causes of why people are sick and unhealthy.

Now let me get this straight your saying that you walk 10-12 miles a day while being a computer tech? LOL I dont believe you. I think your over exaggerating on that. Maybe at most like 2 miles. Go ahead try 12 miles on the treadmill walking, I am sure that is going to get to you.  Dont tell me you did 10-12 miles because your fitbit or phone told you. If you dont know already those step counters are SOOOO inaccurate. Fitbit is getting sued anyways because how inaccurate the heart rate meter is. Those step counters on our fitbits, apple and samsung watches dont count our steps, they count our arm swings. My sister try to rub it in my face that she does a total of 7 miles at work a day because her fitbit says so. I told her " o yeah you do huh, then why are you still fat" lol.

no its a correlation between how far I have to walk to do certain tasks, I work for a university and criss cross it all day. As for your studies I can find 5 more that refute it. What I'm getting from you Hazman is your just some poor sucker who follows someone blindly because it makes you feel better about your narrow minded world view, and you want to try to shove it down everyone elses throat because it makes you feel better if you think other people are foolish enough to listen to one person and decide. I guess your welcome to an opion but I hate to tell you this as someone that works for a Medical university that has world renowned nutritionists working for it, this guy is full of crap, I showed your video to a few people today and every last one of them laughed at the nonsense being spewed from it. But if it makes you feel better to let someone else think for you be my guest.
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 22:24:49 (permalink)
candle_86
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
candle_86

no its a correlation between how far I have to walk to do certain tasks, I work for a university and criss cross it all day. As for your studies I can find 5 more that refute it. What I'm getting from you Hazman is your just some poor sucker who follows someone blindly because it makes you feel better about your narrow minded world view, and you want to try to shove it down everyone elses throat because it makes you feel better if you think other people are foolish enough to listen to one person and decide. I guess your welcome to an opion but I hate to tell you this as someone that works for a Medical university that has world renowned nutritionists working for it, this guy is full of crap, I showed your video to a few people today and every last one of them laughed at the nonsense being spewed from it. But if it makes you feel better to let someone else think for you be my guest.

Wow looks like some one is upset. I guess I hit your trigger. Well I know your a overweight person who refuse to except the truth because you dont want to admit to your horrible eating habits. Even you said on post 32 that you will continue to eat your cheetos and drink your Dr. Pepper which proves my point of your horrible eating habits. I get it habits are hard to change, but you cant change the truth. And you asked one of the stupidest questions of why some one would ever want to live to 110 years old in the same post. Like dude really are you serious? Why not live to 110? Despite your comment there I know you want to live long and you value your life. Because when you do actually get one of those 15 diseases, you will go on the prescribed medication your doctor will give you to prolong your life. Because once you lose your health you will have a appreciation for it and then understand how terrible death is.

Now I am not shoving anything down people. All I am doing on this thread is allowing people to know whats up and to do whatever they please with the info. You sound very narrow minded anyways yourself with your straw man fallacies as well as making up stories of what you do. Your narrow mindedness also shows how uneducated you are with a vegan diet. Its not just about eating vegetables all the freaking time. Plus being vegan is a lifestyle change. But its not just Dr. Micheal Gregor that has scientific data, there are many more doctors out there that have the info. What Micheal Gregor does is consolidate many of the proven researches for lazy people like you and I to look at on his non profit website. And go figure there are a lot of studies that refute whatever is argued about a whole foods plant based diet. But many of those studies that refute it are sponsored by your BIG pharmaceutical companies that make a profit from unhealthy people's dietary disease and misery with their horrible eating habits.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 23:01:12 (permalink)
Just stay away from too much sugar, eat whole foods instead of processed, and keep moving. That alone would probably solve 90% of obesity and diabetes.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/26 23:31:53 (permalink)
kaninja
Just stay away from too much sugar, eat whole foods instead of processed, and keep moving. That alone would probably solve 90% of obesity and diabetes.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/27 01:00:07 (permalink)
Well, to make you all wrong, the human body was designed to eat vegetables and fruits (based on the way the stomach is made), not meats. It's not really designed for it, but we force ourselves to eat it anyway, because it's good right? Doesn't mean it's good for us. We were supposed to be vegetarians.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/27 01:48:52 (permalink)
stalinx20
Well, to make you all wrong, the human body was designed to eat vegetables and fruits (based on the way the stomach is made), not meats. It's not really designed for it, but we force ourselves to eat it anyway, because it's good right? Doesn't mean it's good for us. We were supposed to be vegetarians.

You too sir are right!!! We are meant to be herbivores because to go along with your stomach statement, herbivores intestines as well as humans are 7 to 13 times the length of our torso  but the length on REAL meat eaters while have intestines ranging 3 to 6 times the length of their torsos. Real meat eaters have shorter intestinal tracks so they can push through decaying and rotting animal flesh through their bodies as well as animal protein, cholesterol, saturated fat, trans fatty acids, which is why it is impossible I repeat IMPOSSIBLE for any genuine meat eater ever clog their arteries. I dont know about you but I never heard of a lion, shark, snake, alligator, and bear clog their arteries.  Whats the number one killer for humans today? Well of course its heart disease or any other vascular disease. Another thing too is humans and other herbivores sweat through their pours to cool themselves, while genuine meat eaters pant to cool themselves down. We also have no claws, which is a trademark for the carnivore or omnivore. We humans have carbohydrate enzymes in our saliva as well as every other herbivore. Humans teeth are broad, short, blunt, flat just like other herbivores. And I am sure we all know carnivores have sharp teeth to pierce the skin of their kill.  Humans lower jaws go from side to side in a grinding chewing motion. If you grind and chew when you eat, you are a herbivore. The jaws of carnivores and omnivores can only go up and down vertical rip and swallow. There is no chewing grinding side to side action with them. I can go on and on but I think people reading this get the point lol. 

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/27 11:34:18 (permalink)
Humans are omnivores, but we can survive on a completely vegan diet WITH supplementation.

Saying we are herbivores is really disingenuous, cherry picking facts to support an ideology, and counterproductive to any rational discussion.

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/27 11:47:39 (permalink)
I agree with a lot of points being made here but where I live, people are fat because they eat white-trash food because it is cheaper. Buying boxes of Mac-and-cheese and frozen pizzas are far cheaper and easier to make than a healthy, lean meal.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/27 14:55:03 (permalink)
agent8
Buying boxes of Mac-and-cheese and frozen pizzas are far cheaper and easier to make than a healthy, lean meal.

Yes.....until you get diabetes, heart disease, etc. Then the medical bills start piling up.

Really though, eating in a healthy way is not expensive. It does take time though.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/28 04:38:07 (permalink)
kaninja
Humans are omnivores, but we can survive on a completely vegan diet WITH supplementation.

Saying we are herbivores is really disingenuous, cherry picking facts to support an ideology, and counterproductive to any rational discussion.

How is that cherry picking facts? The facts are the facts even you say so they are facts. It is true we are not born as meat eaters. I want you to do this experiment: take a 2-3 year old child and put them in a crib, after that place a apple and a rabbit in the crib next to it. I can guarantee you 100% of the time the child would eat the apple and play with the rabbit. Basically what I am getting at here is we do not even have instinct as well to eat meat let alone the body design to eat it. Heck I bet no member on the EVGA forum cant even hunt a rabbit like a true meat eater by NOT using any man made tools but only using one's own body to pounce and kill down a rabbit. 

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/28 09:49:05 (permalink)
Just playing devils advocate here:
Yet some members probably could not reach a banana from a tree with out a man made ladder or using a rock to knock down some fruit. That same banana would be played with in a crib just the same as a rabbit and that same rock could be used to kill an animal to eat. Most kids I know would probably put both in their mouth because that's what babies do.
I don't believe in evolution so my personal opinion is going to be different than many and since one topic would be considered against the TOS, I can't use that as an argument but I will say there is a very long book where someone very "important" makes it clear that those animals were ok to eat. That important ones son also ate fish and clearly made it ok for everyone else to eat baskets full of the stuff...

I agree that being vegan is very healthy and has many benefits but as far as that being the one and only way to eat, I don't agree
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/28 12:33:14 (permalink)
So limit our hunting ability by not doing what we do? We have been fasioning tools and implements for hunting for thousands of years.

Hazman, the best experiment would be to go in a time machine and travel back in time a few thousand years.....then survive. When winter hits and your stores of nuts, berries, and fruts are either consumed or rotted away what will you turn to? You will fasion spears, snares, traps and even grab pointy rocks so you can hunt and live.

We can wax poetic about the virtues and wholesomness of a vegetarian lifestyle all you want. When it comes right down to it the only reason we can live on a vegan diet today is because of the convenience of this modern age.

We were designed with the ability to easily digest meat. We easly process vitamin B12 from animal products and have limited sources of it from anywhere else. We also easily process iron from red meat, whereas our bodies have a hard time with iron from plant sources.

Perspective is always important and when getting caught up in a cause more often than not perspective is the first casualty.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/08/30 19:34:49 (permalink)
Yep....
This is all that comes to mind:

Candleman86 and Hazman, the only thing we all should agree upon is that we all know how to eat healthy, but a lot of people choose not to do it. We also know how to change our eating habits, but we also, choose not to do it. Eating habits are just that, a habit. You have to want to change your eating habits to be healthy. Many people in America don't want to do that. Many claim it's "expensive", but the main reason (that I believe) is we choose not to. Going to McDonalds or Pizzahut, or buying those frozen pizzas couldn't get any easier, especially with digiorno pizza . Just saying... We all know how easy it is to go that route than to pull out the iron pan and cook it ourselves. Our generation is doomed, and all we will do is blame our parents, or our friends, and take no responsibility for it.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
To answer your meme, the more I think about it, the more I realize NO ONE likes the taste of meat. You and everyone else absolutely despise it. The only thing you and everyone else likes is the way its prepared. So lets say I just killed a chicken right in front of you and said "go ahead Agent8 eat it." Now you would say "Hazman you must be crazy." You probably would want me to cook it, fry it, bake it, bread it, grill it, BBQ it, put some oil on it, sauce it up, spice it up, salt, pepper, sugar, add condiments, add vegetables and fruits to it, and just over all do something to it. You absolutely hate the way meat actually taste. You and everyone likes everything else that goes with it. Just think about it dude.

I can say "yes" to that, just cook a chicken and add nothing on it on an open grill, and nothing else... It actually doesn't taste that bad.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/08/31 02:25:02

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/13 22:56:36 (permalink)
Well according to a brand new report that was just released by the Trust for America’s Health, at least one out of every five people meet the clinical definition for obesity in all 50 states.  But of course in some states things are far worse than that.  More than 35 percent of all adults are obese in four states, and the obesity rate is between 30 and 35 percent in 21 other states.  And it is important to keep in mind that just needing to lose weight does not mean that you are obese.  According to the CDC, you have got to have a body mass index of at least 30.0 to meet the clinical definition for obesity. The crazy thing too is that 70 percent of all Americans are overweight at this point. Now thats truly embarrassing!  The Trust for America's Health  report also noted that it has been estimated that our obesity epidemic costs the United States somewhere between 147 billion dollars and 210 billion dollars every single year. I want to include also is that Americans spend 100 billion dollars on cancer drugs alone in which all of this correlates to one another with dietary issues that America has.  The only thing you can take out of the 100 billion spent on cancer drugs is those individuals who were diagnosed with cancer from smoking because of course smoking has nothing to do with dietary issues. You can also add any environmental cancer issues but that too is VERY slim compared to those dying from heart disease, colon cancer, breast cancer, Parkinson disease and ect..

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102313
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/14 03:13:50 (permalink)
I will mention to everyone that name calling is absolutely not allowed on the forums and such posts will be deleted or edited. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

seth89
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5290
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/17 05:19:16 (permalink)
A friend of mine is a vegan, he makes the best food.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/17 07:08:55 (permalink)

This gentleman has some good info in this video about our health crisis. Good thing he linked the info in his video description. Basically the simple solution to fix MOST of these problems is to go vegan.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/17 09:09:45 (permalink)
Nope. Just eat whole foods and stay away from added sugar. Problem solved.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/18 16:06:32 (permalink)
kaninja
Nope. Just eat whole foods and stay away from added sugar. Problem solved.

That's right. But let me correct that statement a bit.  Nope to consuming animal products as well as add sugar and other processed chemical preservatives/coloring while consuming a whole foods diet. Then you have problem solved.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/18 16:39:58 (permalink)
Whole unprocesed animal products are fine as long as you eat moderately. Just like you woudn't eat 10 oranges in one sitting you shouldn't be eating a 16oz steak and a pound of mashed potatoes with a pint of gravy.

Doubles
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1953
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/22 10:39:40 (permalink)
I'm not giving up bacon even if it gives you testicular cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8
post edited by Doubles - 2016/09/22 10:45:02

PC: i7 5930K// MSI Gaming 7//4x4 HyperX Predator 3000// MSI GTX 980ti// EVGA Supernova G2 1000w// Samsung 950 PRO m.2// Thermaltake Core P5 case// Dell S2716DG
WC Setup:  XSPC Raystorm red// Blackice Nemesis 480 red rad// Monsoon hardline blood red// XSPC photon 270 res red// Uber D5 pump red
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/28 05:03:06 (permalink)
Not too long ago the CDC came out with more "fun" info. So the average waist size for a male is 39.7 inches while for a female it is a 37.7 inches. Now these are for both men and women who are 20 years and older. I guess everyone is certainly sure getting into shape. But into a shape of a circle.   Being fat is the new norm for sure.  I want to put in is that several studies have found that your waist size can actually predict your risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes, disability, cancer and higher mortality rate overall. Basically its said for every 5 inches that your waist size exceeds the ideal target size for your gender, height and age, your risk for dying from any causes listed above increases at least 20% to 40%. Then of course you can include any other health problems you already have as well as any family history and individual lifestyle bad habbits to add to the increased mortality factor of the 20% to 40%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/body-measurements.htm 

Also this chart shows that the average women today weighs as much as the average man back in the 1960s.

This one is just an add on bonus.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/28 06:20:28 (permalink)
I want to post Dr. Micheal Gregor's latest video that just came out today. As you can see what the title implies to not dying from the number one killer in the world. Very inspiring and good up front info. I just hope more and more people can listen and be healthier. Boy it sure does make me smile and be in good cheer when I see some one decided to take the initiative and actual over come their bad health and habits.

Doubles
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1953
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/28 06:44:30 (permalink)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/worlds-oldest-woman-116-eats-bacon-everyday/73444660/

I would also like to point out in 1960 women didn't squat or wear yoga pants.
post edited by Doubles - 2016/09/28 06:47:06

PC: i7 5930K// MSI Gaming 7//4x4 HyperX Predator 3000// MSI GTX 980ti// EVGA Supernova G2 1000w// Samsung 950 PRO m.2// Thermaltake Core P5 case// Dell S2716DG
WC Setup:  XSPC Raystorm red// Blackice Nemesis 480 red rad// Monsoon hardline blood red// XSPC photon 270 res red// Uber D5 pump red
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: How Not To Die:The Role of Diet in Preventing, Arresting, and Reversing Our Top 15 Kil 2016/09/28 07:32:02 (permalink)
Doubles
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/worlds-oldest-woman-116-eats-bacon-everyday/73444660/

I would also like to point out in 1960 women didn't squat or wear yoga pants.

At least women in the 1960s were not as fat and did not dress as skanky as they do today with yoga pants.  By the way just because that old lady eats bacon daily does not mean you can eat bacon daily and have the same outcome as her and live as long. Its like how I told Candle about his grandpa in post 35. Well it is according to his story that his grandpa lived long but whatever.  Again of course there are rare cases of people eating like junk and living totally unhealthy lives and living long. We can say the same thing how there are smokers out in the world who have been smoking over 50 years or the majority of their lives and yet have not been diagnosed with any kind of lung cancer. But the facts/proof of scientific evidence shows that the overwhelming majority will die from a dietary disease and the main leading one of course is heart disease. So really no point in trying to justify something that is not good for you with that link of the old lady. Also ever think about that she could be lying out of her teeth that she eats bacon everyday? Something to think about.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile