EVGA

LockedSo I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
DeViLzzz
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/23 17:23:35 (permalink)
OP so when are the divorce proceedings starting?

PhysX .. the way games were meant to be played.
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/24 09:34:26 (permalink)
After seeing this thread and the other, it only reaffirms my conviction to never, ever get married again.  

Veg, even I know there are certain things you simply don't say to your wife.  Honesty or not, it's better to keep them silent.   In love/lust/confusion about another woman?  Well doesn't matter because you're married.  So you can either become unmarried and deal with all the pain, torment and BS that goes along with that or set all thoughts for the other woman aside and go on with your life.

And I get it.  Been there.  First ex-wife had a friend that just freaking exuded animal/sexual magnetism and she was single. Even though I was in a marriage I didn't want to be in, I was still married.Never said or tried to do anything about it. 

Heatware

Doubles
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1953
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 09:40:14 (permalink)
Should have stuck with the "you can look but don't touch" or "window shopping" approaches and kept it to yourself.

PC: i7 5930K// MSI Gaming 7//4x4 HyperX Predator 3000// MSI GTX 980ti// EVGA Supernova G2 1000w// Samsung 950 PRO m.2// Thermaltake Core P5 case// Dell S2716DG
WC Setup:  XSPC Raystorm red// Blackice Nemesis 480 red rad// Monsoon hardline blood red// XSPC photon 270 res red// Uber D5 pump red
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11233
  • Ribbons : 56
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 10:38:51 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
I love my wife and tell her shes the best wiman in the world. And I mean it whole-hartedly. Is it so hard to believe that a man could be in love with 2 women? Its that simple...

I know how u feel.  I love 5 women.  My 2 daughters, wife, mom, and sister.  But hopefully this thread will teach other men the right thing to do... and that is:

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.  Women are fickle beasts.  They ask what you are thinking about, and freak out when you tell them the truth.  100% honesty with women is 100% impossible.  If you are that 1 out of 100 marriages where you wife truly is cool as hell about everything... then your wife is a unicorn.  For the rest of us mere mortals with mortal wives... just KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. 

Also... PICS?? we have been asking for months now.  ;)
nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 11:16:22 (permalink)
also while I am thinking of it... if your wife is forbidding you to talk to other women, then she clearly does not trust the other woman either.  If she knew she could be trusted, it wouldn't be an issue.  Counseling isnt a bad idea.  She sounds insecure as hell. May be time for you to cut your losses and find a more confident women?  Or, the counseling (and your actions) may help her gain confidence.  There will be a point of diminishing returns in a relationship.  Nothing wrong with tapping out.  It may suck to high heaven in the beginning but things tend to work themselves out - especially if you are young enough to recoup.

Remind her you are a human being and a man.  You are designed with the same genetic impulses that make fish swim upstream into the mouths of bear's.  You (and all of us) are designed by nature to pro-create with every woman you possibly can.  Lets return to our roots and see how alpha males get an entire troop of females.  We are NOT a monogamous species.  So tell her to cut you some slack, tell her to grow a pair and.... wait... yea you cant do that with women.  You have to be all gentle and tender and make them feel loved. 

something I read a while back:
https://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue139/1#1

"But all that isn't always easy, especially when you're young. "People have such a childish view of monogamy and fidelity," says Mr Hawke. "'He's cheated so he's bad, she's cheated so she's bad', as opposed to a recognition that our species is not monogamous. To act all indignant, that your world has been rocked because your lover wasn't faithful to you, is a little bit like acting rocked that your hair went grey." Is he monogamous? "I am, but in Before Midnight there is the threat of sexual attraction to others and maintaining your sexual identity with your partner over a long period of time. Human beings are sexual beings."
Mr Hawke adds, emphatically, "My relationship with my present wife is thrilling to me and I'm committed to it. But neither she nor I know what shape the future will come in. Sexual fidelity can't be the whole thing you hang your relationship on. If you really love somebody you want them to grow, but you don't get to define how that happens. They do."
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 11:19:13 (permalink)
Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

MaelstromOC
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2496
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 18:38:03 (permalink)
Nateman hit the nail on the head with his last post. You can't go through life as though you're the only two people in existence. What kind of life is that? OP was honest with his wife and she got pissed. Though you can't expect her not to initially, I find it absurd that someone would get mad at someone saying they found someone hot or attractive. Talk about insecurity...

Corsair 500D RGB SE | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero | AMD 5900X | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid | EVGA 850 GQ

Heatware
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 19:53:06 (permalink)
Let me tell you something, my wife and I have no problem telling each other if we find someone else attractive. We even ask each other "What do you think about him/her?  and we would answer honestly She asked me once what I thought of one of her friends and I said I think she's cute, her answer was "Ohh I am telling her what you said."  We can do this because we love each other and we are secure in our relationship.  If you or your significant other are not secure in your relationship then you are going to have trouble. I may have to agree that man was not meant to be monogamous, but if you choose to be then you have to be faithful or move along....  Just my 2 cents.

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 20:27:22 (permalink)
krane
Let me tell you something, my wife and I have no problem telling each other if we find someone else attractive. We even ask each other "What do you think about him/her?  and we would answer honestly She asked me once what I thought of one of her friends and I said I think she's cute, her answer was "Ohh I am telling her what you said."  We can do this because we love each other and we are secure in our relationship.  If you or your significant other are not secure in your relationship then you are going to have trouble. I may have to agree that man was not meant to be monogamous, but if you choose to be then you have to be faithful or move along....  Just my 2 cents.

Hey Crane, how you been buddy? Haven't seen you around much lately, or have I just been hanging out on the wrong threads lol ;)

Anyway, despite me saying to the OP earlier it was a freaking stupid thing to say, but yeah you're right, my Mrs points out the 'pretty boys' as she calls them and I realize that it's an observation, it doesn't mean she wants to go screw them.. although there was a time when I wasn't so secure, but that was my problem. For the most part I keep my mouth shut unless she specifically asks because I don't want to hurt her feelings, even though I know she wouldn't take it that way, but that's just how I am, plus my wife is the only one for me anyway. Even if I see a female who is hot, that's just meaningless lust and fades quickly and I would never act on it. The OP unfortunately has gone full retard on this other woman, and claims to be in love with her.. I don't think you or your Mrs would be too happy about that. I take monogamy and marriage seriously because that is a commitment of love we made to each other. My thought is if you're not feeling it anymore, then have some respect for your soon to be ex-partner and break up with them first, THEN go fall in lust and get your rocks off, lol (unless you have an open marriage, but that's not my thing).

post edited by Nereus - 2016/09/26 20:30:33

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/26 20:57:53 (permalink)
krane

you have a confident women.  That is a rarity in this day.  I cant stereotype but many of them seem to be made of glass.  They can't handle much.  Me, when I get asked, I say "meh", she doesnt do it for me.  Am I telling the truth?  many times.  But there are a few that I don't say a word when they catch my eye.  One of my bosses likes to say, "I am married... not buried".  You are allowed to look.  No harm.  Just can't sample other merchandise.  

Reminds me of this episode of "The Unit".  There is one of the younger dudes (Bob) in the unit goes through some sort of initiation, and all the guys in the unit are trying to get him in bed with another woman.  The wife (Kim) is sort of in on it if I recall as he passes a few tests by the women thrown at him.  Some time later the wife throws in the towel with the last and probably the hottest test and says thats enough.  The guys say, you dont trust him?  she says yea i do... but I am not stupid and gives a sly wink.  To leave with a quote, "and lead us not into temptation".  that is why we lock our cars.  Not to tempt others to steal.  why we put rings on our significant others.  just my random midnight thoughts.   
krane
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5067
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 05:46:33 (permalink)
Nereus
krane

Hey Crane, how you been buddy? Haven't seen you around much lately, or have I just been hanging out on the wrong threads lol ;)

Anyway, despite me saying to the OP earlier it was a freaking stupid thing to say, but yeah you're right, my Mrs points out the 'pretty boys' as she calls them and I realize that it's an observation, it doesn't mean she wants to go screw them.. although there was a time when I wasn't so secure, but that was my problem. For the most part I keep my mouth shut unless she specifically asks because I don't want to hurt her feelings, even though I know she wouldn't take it that way, but that's just how I am, plus my wife is the only one for me anyway. Even if I see a female who is hot, that's just meaningless lust and fades quickly and I would never act on it. The OP unfortunately has gone full retard on this other woman, and claims to be in love with her.. I don't think you or your Mrs would be too happy about that. I take monogamy and marriage seriously because that is a commitment of love we made to each other. My thought is if you're not feeling it anymore, then have some respect for your soon to be ex-partner and break up with them first, THEN go fall in lust and get your rocks off, lol (unless you have an open marriage, but that's not my thing).

Hey Nereus, I'm good.  I usually try to stay out of these threads, but obviously I couldn't help myself.  There is a difference between saying someone is "cute" and saying as the OP put it "Hot for your best friend"  Although my wife and I are secure in our relationship, we still choose our words carefully.

i7 7800X | EVGA x299 micro |Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB
| EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING |Tosiba OCZ-TR150 ssd| EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5 PS  | Win 11 pro 64-bit | Corsair Obsidian 350D
Affiliate Code: PPZ-BV2-N9LE
"When it stops being fun,  it's no longer a game"
Heatware 

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2944
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 12:30:12 (permalink)
So now my wife doesnt want to be friends (AT ALL) with this lady.  She wants me to cut off all communication with her.

This situation is killing me.

I know I deserve it.

But it still sucks.  My wife is beyond upset every day.... hahha my life is miserable now

My wife says she lost her two best friends.

I have lost much as well.

Be The change in the World you want to see

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 13:23:20 (permalink)
Your wife needs counselling. You made a mistake. If she can't forgive and move on then that is on her.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 13:34:38 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
So now my wife doesnt want to be friends (AT ALL) with this lady.  She wants me to cut off all communication with her.

This situation is killing me.

I know I deserve it.

But it still sucks.  My wife is beyond upset every day.... hahha my life is miserable now

My wife says she lost her two best friends.

I have lost much as well.

Lol "I have lost so much as well"..such drama. So you are making yourself into the victim now? Pretty sure this whole thing is just a troll.

BTW you have never said how this other woman feels about you, or if she even knows about your infatuation.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/09/27 13:41:33

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 13:37:49 (permalink)
kaninja
Your wife needs counselling. You made a mistake. If she can't forgive and move on then that is on her.

LOL riiiight - he screwed up and got infatuated with his Mrs' best friend, and now says he is in 'love' with this other woman, and you're blaming it on the wife? Awesome.

agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 13:41:12 (permalink)
You and candle should just move in together and play video games all day and let your wives go shopping.
Man, I know every marriage has it's share of problems but it's usually the little things like I peed on the seat again or I shoved the cutting board closed while there is still crumbs on it it that I go through. I am thankful for those little things after reading some of these posts.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 13:42:10 (permalink)
agent8
You and candle should just move in together and play video games all day and let your wives go shopping.
Man, I know every marriage has it's share of problems but it's usually the little things like I peed on the seat again or I shoved the cutting board closed while there is still crumbs on it it that I go through. I am thankful for those little things after reading some of these posts.

+1

nateman_doo
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 14:13:40 (permalink)
there is something called the "forbidden fruit".  That is the best friend.  Why?  because she is the ONE girl in all the world that is the MOST off-limits.  Your wife put time and effort into being her friend.  Even if she has a sister its not "as bad" because she was born with the sister, she had no say-so.  But the best friend had effort put into it.  Now, she is SO off limits this is why your wife is going insane.  

If she is THIS insecure about you telling her that you think she is hot... then you both need to part ways.  It will only get worst.  Sounds like no amount of counseling will help her.  
lunatic6
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 16:25:15 (permalink)
FWIW I only registered on this forum, so that I could try to help spare you some of the heartbreak I have gone through..

- Listen to what Nereus & RainStryke said on p.3 of this thread.

Speaking from years(in my 50s) of personal experience & in different scenarios, *your only hope* at this point, is to put distance(get away) from the other woman, by finding another job preferrably in a different company or at the very least in another area where you don't see her on a daily basis.

By not often seeing this other woman, it will help relieve you of the obsessive "madness" you are feeling. Currently, you are *infatuated* with her and from what it sounds like actually *in love* with your wife.
I have felt the same feelings. You make yourself crazy, running over scenarios and fantasies in your mind. "Crazy-making thoughts" as my psycho-therapist brother calls them.

~By finding another job, your wife will see that you are indeed taking action & proving your love for her.

~By not seeing that other woman, it will reduce the lust & obsession, so that you will be able to regain control of yourself. Your wife might even notice the change in you and feel more secure.

Hopefully as a result, you may still be able to save your marriage and the absolute misery breaking up will bring you both.

For future reference, what has helped keep me from becoming too hung-up on someone, I try to keep a more lackadaisical attitude or a "whatever" mindset towards women I find attractive. That allows me to be more open & friendly, less afraid or intimidated by her. If it turns into something, great, if it doesn't, oh well whatever. At least, I didn't get stressed out/heartbroken over her and hopefully had a nice experience to add to my life. ;)

All the best comrade!
VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 18:06:27 (permalink)
My wife won't let her friend know the truth

Use my associate code if you want to save money on your purchases: DIC39SVDZOR8D11

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 19:13:30 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
My wife won't let her friend know the truth

LMAO - so this other woman - no, wait, this other married woman - has no idea that you are 'in love' infatuated with her, she has probably never reciprocated it in any way, and she is married - presumably happily married - and you're willing to throw your marriage away over it because you're 'in love' infatuated with her, even though she apparently has no feelings for you at all other than being her best friend's husband and there is no chance of this working out (going by the info you've provided)? Seriously?

If this other woman found out about your obsession she would likely despise you for betraying her best friend and even more so for ruining their friendship, and could quite possibly get a restraining order out on you if she ever sees this thread (and believe me, the posts you've made here will be very helpful for your soon to be ex-wife's lawyer too), and you'd probably have the husband coming after you as well, and rightly so.

But still you persist like some stalker.

LOL, this has GOT to be a troll thread - I don't think anybody could be that stupid, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm guessing your soon to be ex-wife will kick your sorry butt out for you continuing to be such a fool. Some people have to learn the hard way, and some never learn. Good luck man whichever you are, because you're going to need it, you've likely got some very hard times ahead of you.

Oh, and as others have said, photos please; both of the poor lady who is the subject of your obsession, and perhaps your wife too, since she is likely to be back in the singles market very soon - some members might be interested. lol.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/09/27 19:27:33

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 19:34:20 (permalink)
Nereus
kaninja

LOL riiiight - he screwed up and got infatuated with his Mrs' best friend, and now says he is in 'love' with this other woman, and you're blaming it on the wife? Awesome.

Yes totaly. I blamed his wife 100%.

What I actually said is she needs counselling. Saying she needs counselling is not placing blame on her at all. It has been months since this happened and if she is still completely off the rails about it then perhaps she needs professional help to help her work through it if she wants.

If she can't forgive and move on, that is on her. Only she can work that part out. He can surely help, but we are master of our emotions.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 20:25:22 (permalink)
It's that moment whether you tell your wife or not. You know that if you don't tell her, then nothing much is going to happen but it will eat you alive, but then once you tell her to get it off your chest, it's the end of the world for her. Not really sure I would have told my wife if this were to ever happen, but I would definitely tell my best friend, only my wife has insecurities with her as well, but I know how to deal with that. Regardless, it's lust, it's not love. The one thing your wife should see is that you were honest with her. Again - Vacation time - the 2 of you - make it happen and make it count.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/09/27 20:29:30

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 20:32:11 (permalink)
Ok so I just figured out why she is SO mad. She is ticked off thst I find her friend more attractive than her. Thats it! She told me flat out.

She say, "I hate her, because you think shes prettier thsn me."

No im not in love with this other gal, and I don't have an emotional attachment to her.

My wife cant get over the fact that I said her butt looks great. I also pointed out a picture of her friend when she has some cleavage showing, and I commented how hot she was. I did this while intoxicated.

She cant get over the fact that I think she is prettier than me. Keep in mind, I didnt offer up this information in my own, she forced me to answer. Now there is Hell to pay

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 20:33:28 (permalink)
She is going out and buying booze, WHILE I WRITE THIS

VegetaCreeper
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 20:39:26 (permalink)
And then I made the unforgivable mistake of answering a question the way that did tonight.....

She asked me, "If we got divorced and she and her husband got divorced, would you go after her?"

Want to hear my GENIUS reaponse?

I said she is out of my league.

I'm not even kidding, smoke was coming out of her head. (Like Majin Buu - for those DBZ fans ).

God, why do I say the DUMBEST crap?
post edited by VegetaCreeper - 2016/09/27 20:45:10

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 21:09:25 (permalink)
kaninja
Nereus
kaninja

Yes totaly. I blamed his wife 100%.

What I actually said is she needs counselling. Saying she needs counselling is not placing blame on her at all. It has been months since this happened and if she is still completely off the rails about it then perhaps she needs professional help to help her work through it if she wants.

If she can't forgive and move on, that is on her. Only she can work that part out. He can surely help, but we are master of our emotions.

Nah man, if it had been months since it happened, yeah, you'd have a point, but it's still happening - he's still in looove with the other woman (as of 1 week ago), so yeah, if he had put a lid on it immediately I'd agree with you, but he hasn't. Can't expect her to forgive and move on when he's still doing it. What's more surprising is she's still putting up with him, imho.

post edited by Nereus - 2016/09/27 21:30:41

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 21:11:42 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
No im not in love with this other gal, and I don't have an emotional attachment to her.

lol.. that's not what you've been saying for the 2 months since this thread started, and right up until just 1 week ago...  smh..   but if that's true, great!

post edited by Nereus - 2016/09/27 21:32:25

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 21:13:18 (permalink)
VegetaCreeper
And then I made the unforgivable mistake of answering a question the way that did tonight.....

She asked me, "If we got divorced and she and her husband got divorced, would you go after her?"

Want to hear my GENIUS reaponse?

I said she is out of my league.

I'm not even kidding, smoke was coming out of her head. (Like Majin Buu - for those DBZ fans ).

God, why do I say the DUMBEST crap?

LMAO damn sorry man, but that is funny. Way to rub her face in it. I realize it wasn't intentional, but lol dude... You might be wearing some of that alcohol by the end of the night.

lunatic6
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: So I told my wife that I'm hot for her best friend 2016/09/27 21:31:37 (permalink)
yeah he said he loves her earlier..... needs to get his story straight in his head 
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile