Opolis, you look lonely on Majestic-12

Author
Col323
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 115
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2016/09/27 06:17:41 (permalink)
Hey Opolis!  You've certainly been a faithful crawler for Majestic-12.  The team has done really well thanks to your continued contributions.  I have to tip my hat to you.  That's some great work which adds up over time. 

I've added a couple small crawlers to try to help.  It's a loooong way to the next teams ahead, and not that far to some teams behind.  Hopefully in time we can reverse those statements.  I'm sure there are others around who would help, but account creation is locked.  But if I can be anywhere as consistent as you, then we'll be on the right track.  

None of us is as strong as all of us.

2 Replies Related Threads

Opolis
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2778
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Opolis, you look lonely on Majestic-12 2016/09/27 18:16:15 (permalink)
    Thanks Col323, you got me into it in the first place from what I remember!

Yeah once the structure changed to owning shares like a stock instead of straight payout for crawling efforts, no new accounts were allowed.
    There were few of us to begin with and since no once else could join I vowed to keep crawling (plus I have 80Mbs up and down unlimited fiber connection)
    Mostly non-cpu intensive project as well.

I rarely check the stats but recently noticed you have returned to action!

Just earlier today I was thinking about non-boinc projects like MJ-12 and almost fired up some muon1 standalone! hmmm....

post edited by Opolis - 2016/09/27 18:20:54

Col323
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 115
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Opolis, you look lonely on Majestic-12 2016/09/29 05:04:05 (permalink)
    7,000,000,000 URLs crawled as a team!  Next milestone is 200 TB. 

I admire your determination.  (And home connection. )  We've always had a slow 2-4 Mbs connection with a 150 GB cap.  (The bulk of my crawling came through nodes I rented from one of the project gurus.)  When the shares transition happened, it made no sense for me to keep crawling.  But now, I have a slightly faster 12 Mbs connection with a 1TB cap.   I also have some extra small Linux virtual machines from Azure.  Their bandwidth is crazy, but the CPU can barely keep up with archiving the completed buckets.  My production on each on varies quite a bit day to day.  But, it all adds up and helps us move forward.

We must be on a similar wavelength.  I was also recently thinking about the muon standalone when I decommissioned a cruncher I used in our efforts there.  I think I have a box with it still installed, but that machine does not stay on very long these days. 

None of us is as strong as all of us.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile