EVGA

Helpful ReplyUltimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets

Page: << < ..21 Showing page 21 of 21
Author
Drataia
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 19:07:02 (permalink)
The reinstall went well (though as PhysX was already installed it didn't appear as an option on the installer) and I restarted the computer. No issues. However, I'm worried that when I turn off the computer again the issue will repeat itself.

Edit: Within twenty minutes, the display driver stopped responding, then recovered, twice.
post edited by Drataia - 2013/03/25 19:25:48
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10053
  • Ribbons : 165
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 19:27:11 (permalink)
Drataia

The reinstall went well (though as PhysX was already installed it didn't appear as an option on the installer) and I restarted the computer. No issues. However, I'm worried that when I turn off the computer again the issue will repeat itself.

Edit: Within twenty minutes, the display driver stopped responding, then recovered.

You obviously have an issue somewhere else
What were you running when the crash occurred? what -else- was also running?
You must describe this as completely as you can so we can narrow down the issue 

Make sure (for testing) if your using Precison or Afterburner, thats it shut down and NOT set to run at boot
*I would uninstall it and answer -NO- during the uninstall when it asks to save data and profiles...

Go to MSCONFIG and make sure you are not starting anything at boot that might cause issues.

Check your TaskManager Processes Tab for background programs that might be conflicting 

Drataia
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 20:06:39 (permalink)
There was no initial crash that set this off-one morning it booted fine, the next it didn't. Between the morning of the 24th, when the computer booted up fine, and the evening of the 24th, when it didn't, no new programs or drivers were installed. The PC was cleaned with a can of compressed air on the 24th before the problematic boot attempt, and it was unplugged and moved in a 6 hour car ride.

Looking through the list of startup programs the only one I don't recognize is 'StereoLinksInstall', with a command of "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /install 1. The other startup programs have never caused a problem before, here's a screengrab of them;

I don't have precision or afterburner installed. I checked system restore, and between the 21st(the first system restore point) and today there have been no program or driver changes that could have caused the issue.

Looking at my processes, csrss.exe might be a trojan. I'm running MSE and malwarebytes to double-check that there aren't any viruses or malware in the system.

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 21:44:54 (permalink)
Drataia

There was no initial crash that set this off-one morning it booted fine, the next it didn't. Between the morning of the 24th, when the computer booted up fine, and the evening of the 24th, when it didn't, no new programs or drivers were installed. The PC was cleaned with a can of compressed air on the 24th before the problematic boot attempt, and it was unplugged and moved in a 6 hour car ride.

Looking through the list of startup programs the only one I don't recognize is 'StereoLinksInstall', with a command of "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /install 1. The other startup programs have never caused a problem before, here's a screengrab of them;

I don't have precision or afterburner installed. I checked system restore, and between the 21st(the first system restore point) and today there have been no program or driver changes that could have caused the issue.

Looking at my processes, csrss.exe might be a trojan. I'm running MSE and malwarebytes to double-check that there aren't any viruses or malware in the system.

6hr car ride?
Powerdown and go thru the entire computer. Reseat -everything- (except CPU) like RAM, all installed cards and check ALL connections.

Drataia
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 23:18:04 (permalink)
Oh lawd. Go through everything? I was terrified enough seating everything my first time...

My PC has made the car ride a dozen odd times, cushioned by clothing and buckled into a seat, without any ill effects, but I suppose it's worth trying, if only to remove unseated hardware as a possible cause. I'll take apart and put back together the computer tomorrow and report back with my findings.
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/25 23:46:15 (permalink)
Drataia

Oh lawd. Go through everything? I was terrified enough seating everything my first time...

My PC has made the car ride a dozen odd times, cushioned by clothing and buckled into a seat, without any ill effects, but I suppose it's worth trying, if only to remove unseated hardware as a possible cause. I'll take apart and put back together the computer tomorrow and report back with my findings.

Takes 5mins to yank the cards and ram and but them back in...
another 3-4mins to check all the connections to the drives and power cables

dont touch the CPU socket or cooler, just check the fan wires

Drataia
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/26 15:23:25 (permalink)
I pulled out the graphics card, RAM, and wireless card, and checked all connections. Rebooted the PC and the same(now 2) issues are persisting. Also, MSE and malwarebytes didn't come up with anything. Everything remains fine in safe mode.

Edit: I also went into msconfig and disabled everything at startup. Restarted, but the monitor is still blanking out before the log-in screen. Also, booting up in low resolution mode does the same.
post edited by Drataia - 2013/03/26 17:25:24
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/26 18:41:14 (permalink)
Drataia

I pulled out the graphics card, RAM, and wireless card, and checked all connections. Rebooted the PC and the same(now 2) issues are persisting. Also, MSE and malwarebytes didn't come up with anything. Everything remains fine in safe mode.

Edit: I also went into msconfig and disabled everything at startup. Restarted, but the monitor is still blanking out before the log-in screen. Also, booting up in low resolution mode does the same.

"booting up in low resolution mode does the same"

You need to look at your monitor, the cable you use to connect it and your primary harddrive
If its happening in regular AND SafeMode... its NOT the Nvidia driver
post edited by maniacvvv - 2013/03/26 18:44:14

Drataia
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/26 20:02:19 (permalink)
I was under the impression that booting with low resolution video used the current video driver with a low resolution and refresh rate. I didn't think it was safe mode.

Do you have any suggestions on how to test if the hard drive is the issue?
maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/03/26 21:15:44 (permalink)
Drataia

I was under the impression that booting with low resolution video used the current video driver with a low resolution and refresh rate. I didn't think it was safe mode.

Do you have any suggestions on how to test if the hard drive is the issue?

There can be no confusion

To boot into Safe Mode you hold down the Delete key and Windows boots with default drivers
"Safe Mode" is displayed on the Desktop at a resolution of 800x600  

Please describe -exactly- how you boot into "low resolution"

To check the hard drive, make sure both ends of the SATA cable are connected (pull them out and then put them back in)
Then check the power connection to the hard drive the same way

You also need to post your COMPLETE and detailed hardware specs 

Valkayria
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/08/03 22:53:17 (permalink)
Excellent guide, Maniac. I followed everything to a T, GPU's are running beautifully.
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2013/08/10 00:22:46 (permalink)
Because I don't need 3D Vision and NVIDIA Driver Updater can I next time to uncheck that option or I need maybe that for something and better to stay. 

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2015/01/03 19:08:47 (permalink)

We need an updated Nvidia driver guide.          :/

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2015/01/06 07:23:07 (permalink)
agree with XrayMan, new version would be really helpful.

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

saharmohamedali
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2015/06/22 13:34:55 (permalink)
Want to know why, after using my BFBC2 settings guide for setting up the Nvidia control panel settings and everything was working perfectly, but now when you run Crysis2 your having problems? 

Signature Removed By Admin.
Cypherdude
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2016/08/29 16:28:47 (permalink)
Thanks for writing this.  I still use this guide for my EVGA card.

maniacvvv
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2016/08/30 18:57:56 (permalink)
Thanks, but this process has become terribly outdated... 
While the premise of old school technique is still valid, many of the methods used and component behaviors of Nvidia drivers have changed considerably over the years. 

As soon as I can get my hands on some updated hardware, I would really love to do a updated guide

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2016/09/02 13:11:28 (permalink)
maniacvvv
While the premise of old school technique is still valid, many of the methods used and component behaviors of Nvidia drivers have changed considerably over the years. 

As soon as I can get my hands on some updated hardware, I would really love to do a updated guide

Hopefully that will happen as I miss your tech advice in the forums

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: Ultimate Nvidia Driver Guide for Uninstalling and Installing driversets 2016/09/02 20:24:23 (permalink)
rjohnson11
maniacvvv

Hopefully that will happen as I miss your tech advice in the forums

+1  Same here.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: << < ..21 Showing page 21 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile