EVGA

EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Hybrid Cooler RMA in the UK, need a bit of help.

Author
nalfylatino87
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/07/26 17:27:09 (permalink)
I am new to these forums, but wanted to just see if I can get some help regarding an RMA, as I am in the process of packing the item. I have tried calling EVGA twice but this man did not seem too helpful. I only wanted to know which items from the Hybrid Cooler kit EVGA would want me to send back as I know that both the asetek pump, and the hybrid shroud are both vital components (the new shroud for the gtx 1080 kit is a lot beefier than previous shrouds. Its not just a bit of plastic on top anymore.)
He told me that I could keep the accessories, such as the screws and the manual, but did not mention the shroud. I asked him about the shroud, but he just flat out said 'I don't really have a clue'. There was an awkward silence as he moaned telling me he was going to get hold off someone to help me find the answer but I doubt he never rang anyone let alone did anything as I could hear him breathing down the phone lol!

Anyways, he just told me he didn't have a clue, and told me that I should not send back the shroud as all they want is the pump. But then I asked him what if I don't get the shroud back as I will be in trouble if that is so. I just want someone to clarify to me what EVGA want me to send in the RMA package. As it stands, I have kept the screws, the manuals, but have packaged the asetek pump/cooler, and the shroud. Hope someone can help. This is not an advanced RMA just a standard RMA so I presume a replacement will be sent out once they get my item but do not want them to turn round and tell me I forgot to put something in the box.
post edited by nalfylatino87 - 2016/07/26 17:35:38

4 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Hybrid Cooler RMA in the UK, need a bit of help. 2016/07/27 10:00:07 (permalink)
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

I apologize for the confusion. I see that our EU support answered you via email that they are replacing the unit with a new in box one for you and requested that you send all the parts back, since you are within 30 days of your original purchase date. 

Outside of 30 days, normally we would only have you send back the faulty part, I.e. if the pump failed just send back the pump/radiator, or if the fan fails send back just the shroud. I hope that clarifies the RMA process on these coolers for you.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    nalfylatino87
    Re: EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Hybrid Cooler RMA in the UK, need a bit of help. 2016/08/01 01:58:49 (permalink)
    That's good to know, I just cannot fathom as to why the guy on the phone just couldn't tell me any of this stuff. Regardless, I am happy to hear that as I have sent all bits back along in the box but have yet to receive anything about a replacement being sent out. As it stands the site is telling me that they are preparing to ship product, but it has been like this since 28th of July. Will it get shipped soon or do I have to wait long?

I hope I get my replacement soon as summer temps are starting to affect my founders edition!
    EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Hybrid Cooler RMA in the UK, need a bit of help. 2016/08/01 06:38:05 (permalink)
    The tech you initially talked to is one of our newest techs and wasn't fully aware of how we handled these cases. I've since explained to him how we handle these, so it won't be an issue going forward. 

Processing does take 1-3 business days to process and ship out. If it were received on the 28th, you should have your replacement ship today or tomorrow. 

Again, sorry for the confusion and inconvenience, please let us know if you have any further questions let us know!

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    nalfylatino87
    Re: EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Hybrid Cooler RMA in the UK, need a bit of help. 2016/08/03 01:12:11 (permalink)
    I see, well, thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I just got a rather vague message from a person called 'Wagner' telling me that they have none in stock, and that there will be a delay. No apologies or anything. Now I don't know how long I am going to have to wait but I wish I had known about these possible delays as I do not want to be stuck with this foundation stock cooler, plus I paid a good amount of money to Scan in order to have this cooler. I am rather frustrated!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile