AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 68 of 89
Author
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 05:09:06 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156
I wish the NPC companions would stop teleporting around the map. On several occasions yesterday Cait was behind me to my left and suddenly when the bushes moved in front of me to the right I thought it was a Raider or a Trapper and unloaded some Explosive Buckshot right into Cait's head. Oops! I did this to Nick Valentine more than once where he replied, "You have my attention NOW". LOL  Cait just stares at me dumbfounded and is speechless. Of all of the Companions available I would think Cait would at least have something hilarious to say about it but NOOOO!

That is annoying. Nick is by far the biggest offender of this but I have so far managed to not shoot him........... yet.

I shot Nick in the face twice and both times he had something to say that left me rolling in laughter. Cait just stares at me dumbfounded. When you leave a woman speechless it is the scariest thing. When I left with Nick she was all "You be careful out there, Nicky". I just left her to travel with Codsworth for a while and it was "Fine, if you'd rather travel with THAT bucket of bolts than me... FINE!". She's off pouting somewhere now.
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 05:30:37 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54
Zuhl3156
I wish the NPC companions would stop teleporting around the map. On several occasions yesterday Cait was behind me to my left and suddenly when the bushes moved in front of me to the right I thought it was a Raider or a Trapper and unloaded some Explosive Buckshot right into Cait's head. Oops! I did this to Nick Valentine more than once where he replied, "You have my attention NOW". LOL  Cait just stares at me dumbfounded and is speechless. Of all of the Companions available I would think Cait would at least have something hilarious to say about it but NOOOO!

That is annoying. Nick is by far the biggest offender of this but I have so far managed to not shoot him........... yet.

I shot Nick in the face twice and both times he had something to say that left me rolling in laughter. Cait just stares at me dumbfounded. When you leave a woman speechless it is the scariest thing. When I left with Nick she was all "You be careful out there, Nicky". I just left her to travel with Codsworth for a while and it was "Fine, if you'd rather travel with THAT bucket of bolts than me... FINE!". She's off pouting somewhere now.

Not even a: "That had to hurt." comment?

I checked up on her and she was begging me to take her with me. Considering that I have had enough of Nick to last me a long time and I need to concentrate on the main quests/missions I am bringing back Miss Tried and True. I need some humor anyway.

Codsworth eh. Have you gotten to the romance scene yet?
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 05:33:25 (permalink)
Anybody know what kind of perk I get from Codsworth? There must be something worth while for gaining maximum affinity with him.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 05:34:59 (permalink)
whiskers54

Not even a: "That had to hurt." comment?

I checked up on her and she was begging me to take her with me. Considering that I have had enough of Nick to last me a long time and I need to concentrate on the main quests/missions I am bringing back Miss Tried and True. I need some humor anyway.

Codsworth eh. Have you gotten to the romance scene yet?

Romance with Codsworth? That sounds painful for some reason.
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 07:44:56 (permalink)
Coddy gives you extra damage against other robots if I remember correctly. 

A moment while I check.  If this message gets 6 or 7 hours old, that means I got sidetracked.  I'm currently building OCD Workshop 3.0 in game.  

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 07:51:37 (permalink)
Dukman
Coddy gives you extra damage against other robots if I remember correctly. 

A moment while I check.  If this message gets 6 or 7 hours old, that means I got sidetracked.  I'm currently building OCD Workshop 3.0 in game.  

Yeah, it is only something like 10% less electrical damage fromm robots. Not really worth it as far as I'm concerned. I will have a new keyboard from Cougar after August 3rd and NO I am not spending any more timmme editing the extra characters from my posts.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 08:02:25 (permalink)
Your close.  +10 damage resistance to robots weapons.  

That was the first perk I got, as I first started off with Codsworth.  He's actually a pretty capable melee fighter.  Unfortunately, he's a melee fighter, so also ends up blocking your shots. 

I looked at the Cougar boards.  I liked how they looked, they've received lots of positive reviews.  But for me no G keys or RGB ability were what took them out of my plans.

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 08:21:29 (permalink)
I saw a previous model of mechanical keyboard from Cougar with many 1 Egg reviews because after only 2 months or so it began double-typing like what my K70 is doing now. The top of the stem seems to wiggle a bit and will spit out some letters but times like now everything is fine and dandy. IDK if a drop of lubricant will help fill in that gap and keep it from wiggling or short out the contacts. Maybe slamming my fist down a few times 10 minutes ago finally pounded some sense into this keyboard? I contacted the company WASD and they gave me the correct part number for replacement switches and they have them in stock too. I may get 5 just to be safe. They're only $4.50 each I think.
Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 08:52:01 (permalink)
What about the Coolermaster or Thermaltake keyboards?  Also, was just looking at an Azio keyboard on Amazon that had good reviews.   

I've had my paws on a Thermaltake and I was impressed with it.  Granted I have no idea about it's longevity.  Plus there was the cleaning suggestion that MSim posted up in the PSU thread.

And just to keep this Fallout related.  I stumbled upon a Deathclaw cage match the other night.   Hard to see, but that there is a deathclaw matriarch brawling with another deathclaw.

Since I wasn't in the mood to wait around and see who won, I shot them both with my .50 cal sniper rifle. 

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 09:04:05 (permalink)
I got a notification to go help defend the checkpoint and when I got there most of the Minutemen were already dead from a Deathclaw. Silly me fired a rocket from my Party Starter that polished off the Deathcllaw and the remaining two Minutemen. There was even a suit of Power Armor sitting there with a Fusion Core in it. IDK why sommeone didn't jump into it. Anyway, after I looted the corpses I jumped into the Power Armor and looted alll of their ammo crates. That's one less Checkpoint I have to worry about.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 15:04:59 (permalink)
Dukman
What about the Coolermaster or Thermaltake keyboards?  Also, was just looking at an Azio keyboard on Amazon that had good reviews.   

I've had my paws on a Thermaltake and I was impressed with it.  Granted I have no idea about it's longevity.  Plus there was the cleaning suggestion that MSim posted up in the PSU thread.

And just to keep this Fallout related.  I stumbled upon a Deathclaw cage match the other night.   Hard to see, but that there is a deathclaw matriarch brawling with another deathclaw.

Since I wasn't in the mood to wait around and see who won, I shot them both with my .50 cal sniper rifle. 

I can't see any death claws in the pics. But I would have had fun getting up close and personal with those two and introduced them to my #2. Then I would be looking for someone with a cell phone to snap a few pics. For some reason however I can't find anyone. LOL

I have the Reba2 50 CAL for very long shots. It takes care of business quite well.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 15:06:49 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I got a notification to go help defend the checkpoint and when I got there most of the Minutemen were already dead from a Deathclaw. Silly me fired a rocket from my Party Starter that polished off the Deathcllaw and the remaining two Minutemen. There was even a suit of Power Armor sitting there with a Fusion Core in it. IDK why sommeone didn't jump into it. Anyway, after I looted the corpses I jumped into the Power Armor and looted alll of their ammo crates. That's one less Checkpoint I have to worry about.

What check point? Are you referring to a settlement?
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 15:12:12 (permalink)
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

No, Minutemen have somme checkpoints set up allong the roadways. If they're under attack a banner willl highlight their location for you. It's always close to wherever you happen to be.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/24 18:04:40 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54
Zuhl3156

No, Minutemen have somme checkpoints set up allong the roadways. If they're under attack a banner willl highlight their location for you. It's always close to wherever you happen to be.

I have not seen one notification that there is even a check point much less see a check point. I'm not as far along in the main line quests as you are and that may be why.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/25 05:58:36 (permalink)
There is a Minuteman checkpoint not far from the Raider Red Rocket near the Cambridge Police Station. Just listen for gunfire at the Red Rocket and when you're done cleaning house there you should hear some more gun fighting in the distance. That will be at the checkpoint and you will be summoned to help. It is somewhere around 92 yards away. Exit the Cambridge Police Station and turn left, continue through College Square and take the fork to the right to find the Raider's Red Rocket. Always dead robots, Raiders and Scavs laying there waiting to be looted. Cait always shouts, "First crack at the gear". LOL
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/26 07:14:37 (permalink)
I just got a 356 MB download that must be the Vault-tec DLC but I'm not sure yet since I haven't played yet. Whenever I get a download I get a CTD when I start the game the first time so I exited Steam and will try later. Hopefully that will solve the CTD issue.
I used the 'resurrect' command twice yesterday and now I am stuck with two 'Zombies'. I resurrected a Provisioner that was killed by Ghouls because I got there too late. Now she just sits in College Square and I can't command her to do anything. Her Brahmin sits idly by waiting to resume its duties but my Provisioner won't budge. I resurrected a Minuteman killed by a Deathclaw as I thought it was my duty as their General but he doesn't have any face! He still insists that nobody will get past him because this checkpoint belongs to The Minutemen. What have I done? Should I put these two out of their misery or just leave them alone?
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/26 16:39:53 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
There is a Minuteman checkpoint not far from the Raider Red Rocket near the Cambridge Police Station. Just listen for gunfire at the Red Rocket and when you're done cleaning house there you should hear some more gun fighting in the distance. That will be at the checkpoint and you will be summoned to help. It is somewhere around 92 yards away. Exit the Cambridge Police Station and turn left, continue through College Square and take the fork to the right to find the Raider's Red Rocket. Always dead robots, Raiders and Scavs laying there waiting to be looted. Cait always shouts, "First crack at the gear". LOL

Thank you sir. Now I have to pay them a visit.

UPDATE:
I got to the Red Rocket and no one was there. I strolled up the road and ran into a bunch of tin cans and their friends but no minute men. I did run into Trash Can Carla limping around just prior to the meet and greet with the tin cans and company. She was limping toward the meet and greet. After the meet and greet I ran into a light BOS patrol. I'll wait until morning and then investigate.
post edited by whiskers54 - 2016/07/26 17:30:59
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/26 16:44:53 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I just got a 356 MB download that must be the Vault-tec DLC but I'm not sure yet since I haven't played yet. Whenever I get a download I get a CTD when I start the game the first time so I exited Steam and will try later. Hopefully that will solve the CTD issue.
I used the 'resurrect' command twice yesterday and now I am stuck with two 'Zombies'. I resurrected a Provisioner that was killed by Ghouls because I got there too late. Now she just sits in College Square and I can't command her to do anything. Her Brahmin sits idly by waiting to resume its duties but my Provisioner won't budge. I resurrected a Minuteman killed by a Deathclaw as I thought it was my duty as their General but he doesn't have any face! He still insists that nobody will get past him because this checkpoint belongs to The Minutemen. What have I done? Should I put these two out of their misery or just leave them alone?

I started the PC up and started Steam only to find that it was already down loaded.

Regarding the two that you want to put out of their misery. Is it their misery or your yours?   I think I would leave it alone and leave the area for a few in game days and see what happens.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/27 04:20:06 (permalink)
I started the Vault-tec quest. It started me on it as soon as I started the game. Whose misery? That poor guy doesn't have a face!
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/27 15:22:43 (permalink)
Before I forget, there are two extra Pip Boys in Vault 88. Cait now has her very own Pip Boy. This could be trouble!
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/28 17:43:48 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I started the Vault-tec quest. It started me on it as soon as I started the game. Whose misery? That poor guy doesn't have a face!

I got the notification regarding the Vault Tech Quest also but have not pursued it as of yet. What's your opinion of it?

That poor guy isn't complaining about being faceless is he?
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/28 17:46:32 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Before I forget, there are two extra Pip Boys in Vault 88. Cait now has her very own Pip Boy. This could be trouble!

Cait, with her very own Pip Boy? Are you on a death wish or something? LOL

Actually it would be interesting to see how she does with it. Make sure you save often just in case.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/29 05:53:34 (permalink)
That Vault-tec stuff is OK I guess. At least it gives me something different to kill some time.
I didn't have to equip Cait with that Pip Boy. It was just there on her arm. Now I can't take it away because it isn't in her inventory. I found 10 more of them in another crate.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/30 08:10:06 (permalink)
Interesting developements in The Wasteland today. Newsflash!!! I visited the Minuteman Checkpoint Northwest of the Cambridge Police Station and my resurrected soldier has grown his face back! It's a miracle for sure. And finally the news about the 'late' Collette who was always wanting to kill me for killing her brother or someone close to her. After my last encounter with dear sweet lovable Collette I retreated into Home Plate. I remember telling you I went to the roof and thought I successfully 'Sniped' her with my Silenced .308 Sniper Rifle. I was never sure until today when I visited one of the Merchants in Diamond City and lo and behold there was the corpse of Collette laying at my feet. Woo-hoooo! One shot, one kill! I was really worried I sniped the wrong person but my aim was true. I looted everything but her clothing. Tee-hee!

More news: Trashcan Carla is history too along with the entire population of Covenent...   AGAIN! I guess I hit a settler with some splash damage from my Exlosive Combat Shotgun and suddenly everyone opened fire on me. Cait polished most of them off and I had a ball watching her enjoy every minute of it. She needed one Stimpack after they ganged up on her but I made quick work of them with my trusty shotgun. I thought they had given up the battle but NO, one stragler kept popping up out of nowhere. I would love to scrap those front doors but I can't. They make disposing of the corpses and other bits and pieces inpossible to get outside. The original, gone but not forgotten, residents are still spitting out goodies for me to loot. I can only hope this last batch of idiots give me a nice return on my investment of shotgun shells.
post edited by Zuhl3156 - 2016/07/30 08:17:40
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/30 10:25:16 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
That Vault-tec stuff is OK I guess. At least it gives me something different to kill some time.
I didn't have to equip Cait with that Pip Boy. It was just there on her arm. Now I can't take it away because it isn't in her inventory. I found 10 more of them in another crate.

After a little more time with the new DLC, is it any better than first stated?

I haven't had much time to get into it deeper.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/30 10:36:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Interesting developements in The Wasteland today. Newsflash!!! I visited the Minuteman Checkpoint Northwest of the Cambridge Police Station and my resurrected soldier has grown his face back! It's a miracle for sure. And finally the news about the 'late' Collette who was always wanting to kill me for killing her brother or someone close to her. After my last encounter with dear sweet lovable Collette I retreated into Home Plate. I remember telling you I went to the roof and thought I successfully 'Sniped' her with my Silenced .308 Sniper Rifle. I was never sure until today when I visited one of the Merchants in Diamond City and lo and behold there was the corpse of Collette laying at my feet. Woo-hoooo! One shot, one kill! I was really worried I sniped the wrong person but my aim was true. I looted everything but her clothing. Tee-hee!

More news: Trashcan Carla is history too along with the entire population of Covenent...   AGAIN! I guess I hit a settler with some splash damage from my Exlosive Combat Shotgun and suddenly everyone opened fire on me. Cait polished most of them off and I had a ball watching her enjoy every minute of it. She needed one Stimpack after they ganged up on her but I made quick work of them with my trusty shotgun. I thought they had given up the battle but NO, one stragler kept popping up out of nowhere. I would love to scrap those front doors but I can't. They make disposing of the corpses and other bits and pieces inpossible to get outside. The original, gone but not forgotten, residents are still spitting out goodies for me to loot. I can only hope this last batch of idiots give me a nice return on my investment of shotgun shells.

I remember the Collette Love Story you had.    Now you will have to leave the area for a few days and then go back to see if she is still there.

What did you do to trash can Carla or was it collateral damage?

Regarding the clean up in aisle Covenant litter that seems to be towed up. You could build a ladder that will allow you to reach the top of the walls and then carry the litter to the top and give them a heave ho over the wall.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/30 10:49:15 (permalink)
Trashcan Carla was haunting me like an evil spirit from beyond the grave long before I planted her in the ground yesterday. I fast travelled to my place in Far Harbor and there she was. Everywhere I went, there was Carla just milling around. I have to wonder if she wasn't the one plundering my Workshops. I should have planted a renamed Legendary Weapon or piece of armor in my Workshop to see if it showed up in her Barter inventory. She was mysteriously at Covenent during the revolt and I let her have it right in the face. I didn't even know it was her until I started looting her corpse. Collette was exterminated several weeks ago in game time so I doubt she is coming back from the dead. I think my latest tally has me at over 371 hours of gameplay. Covenent population is already up to 2 so I guess it'll be back to normal in no time. Maybe I should build some stairs up the inside of the wall so I can carry the rotting corpses up and drop them over the side instead of trying to carry them out of those front doors that keep closing on me. I'm still doing odd jobs for the BOS out of Cambridge PD. I got two missions for them in Far Harbor and after that I will head back to my new Vault 88. I had tagged some items for Search and now I can't remember how to remove the Search tag. It's driving me nuts. I have no idea why I ever needed some of the junk that I tagged.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/30 19:37:17 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Trashcan Carla was haunting me like an evil spirit from beyond the grave long before I planted her in the ground yesterday. I fast travelled to my place in Far Harbor and there she was. Everywhere I went, there was Carla just milling around. I have to wonder if she wasn't the one plundering my Workshops. I should have planted a renamed Legendary Weapon or piece of armor in my Workshop to see if it showed up in her Barter inventory. She was mysteriously at Covenent during the revolt and I let her have it right in the face. I didn't even know it was her until I started looting her corpse. Collette was exterminated several weeks ago in game time so I doubt she is coming back from the dead. I think my latest tally has me at over 371 hours of gameplay. Covenent population is already up to 2 so I guess it'll be back to normal in no time. Maybe I should build some stairs up the inside of the wall so I can carry the rotting corpses up and drop them over the side instead of trying to carry them out of those front doors that keep closing on me. I'm still doing odd jobs for the BOS out of Cambridge PD. I got two missions for them in Far Harbor and after that I will head back to my new Vault 88. I had tagged some items for Search and now I can't remember how to remove the Search tag. It's driving me nuts. I have no idea why I ever needed some of the junk that I tagged.

Go into settlement build mode (hold V key) and then go into your headings. Example would be "Resources". From there go into (example) food. Scroll through each item while watching the "Q" key. If that key lights up that means that you have an item in that field that is on your search for list. Click on the "Q" key and that will remove the item from your search.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/31 06:16:54 (permalink)
OK, I checked on good old Carla and I don't think she'll be coming back. Hee-hee-heeeee!

Dukman
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/07/31 07:59:37 (permalink)
I've been sidetracked the last week.   I've been delving into the depths of the mines near Torchlight.   

And I just don't understand all these hostile relationships that Zuhl keeps pursuing.  

Heatware

Page: << < ..6667686970.. > >> Showing page 68 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile