Futuremark responds to accusations of bias in new DirectX 12 Time Spy test

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102323
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2016/07/21 06:31:59 (permalink)

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

3 Replies Related Threads

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Futuremark responds to accusations of bias in new DirectX 12 Time Spy test 2016/07/24 15:28:06 (permalink)
    The whole reason to standardize API was to get away from game developers playing favorites with specific GPU manufacturers. Now we are returning to that with DX12........

AMD is pushing hard in this area to screw over Nvidia owners and it's already occurring. I hope AMD the worst in their endeavor.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Futuremark responds to accusations of bias in new DirectX 12 Time Spy test 2016/07/24 16:18:33 (permalink)
    fearpoint
    The whole reason to standardize API was to get away from game developers playing favorites with specific GPU manufacturers. Now we are returning to that with DX12........

AMD is pushing hard in this area to screw over Nvidia owners and it's already occurring. I hope AMD the worst in their endeavor.

How is this AMD's fault that they have perfected asynchronous compute better than NVIDIA?  Your rant makes no sense to me.  If AMD makes something work well, why wouldn't Futuremark add that perfectly valid functionality to their benchmark?  When NVIDIA catches up, do you think Futuremark won't add NVIDIA's improved functionality? Futuremark isn't choosing sides and it isn't AMD's fault that NVIDIA isn't doing as well in this area.  AMD is pushing hard for better performance and you hold that against them?

Maybe Futuremark should just gimp everything since Intel isn't keeping up with progress and it is AMD's and NVIDIA's faults that they are making Intel look bad.  Silly logic.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Futuremark responds to accusations of bias in new DirectX 12 Time Spy test 2016/07/24 20:12:12 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    fearpoint

How is this AMD's fault that they have perfected asynchronous compute better than NVIDIA?  Your rant makes no sense to me.  If AMD makes something work well, why wouldn't Futuremark add that perfectly valid functionality to their benchmark?  When NVIDIA catches up, do you think Futuremark won't add NVIDIA's improved functionality? Futuremark isn't choosing sides and it isn't AMD's fault that NVIDIA isn't doing as well in this area.  AMD is pushing hard for better performance and you hold that against them?

Maybe Futuremark should just gimp everything since Intel isn't keeping up with progress and it is AMD's and NVIDIA's faults that they are making Intel look bad.  Silly logic.

DX12 is about performance improvements, yet here we are with DX12 games where Nvidia is getting lower numbers in DX12 over DX11.

Did I mention these games are AMD sponsored partners?

It makes perfect sense. AMD is scum.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile