Question about supported memory micro2

Author
delta7
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 457
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
2016/02/09 16:06:34 (permalink)
 When looking at the supported memory for the micro2, I have noticed that there is not any memory that shows the micro2 bios versions. All appear to be Classified, FTW, and micro bios versions supported. Unless there was a version that I don't know about. Are all the memory shown suppose to work with micro2 or none? This is kind of confusing to me. I never really thought anything about it until I had some issues getting the corsair memory to work.

11 Replies Related Threads

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/14 02:18:13 (permalink)
    Hi Delta7! I will forward this over to our website admin for review of the current CPU and memory support list. 

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/14 03:20:31 (permalink)
    I'm using an X99 Micro 2 and you can see in my signature the Corsair memory I am using in it. Many memory websites have memory configurators to assist you as well.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

delta7
    iCX Member
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/14 06:39:03 (permalink)
    Thankyou for your replies. I was just a little concerned that that since no bios versions for the micro2 were listed, that possibly they might not have actually tested each of the listed memory for the micro2 board.  The Corsair memory I first bought was listed as compatible but I had to make manual adjustments in bios to get it to boot reliably. 
    (CMK16GX4M4A2400C14) 

For the record, my micro2 boots and runs the G.Skill  F4-2400C15Q-32GRK with just the xmp profile 1 enabled, no manual settings need to be set. That is something the corsair memory would not do.

I am not trying to be a troll here. Just trying to answer a question in my head, and possibly help new owners of micro2 boards.
    Thanks again for the replies.

post edited by delta7 - 2016/02/14 06:51:34

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/14 09:37:01 (permalink)
    I believe mine is set for XMP profile 2 if I'm not mistaken. However, there will be occasions that a particular memory will not work in either profile and requires a manual setup of timings and memory voltage.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Philwong
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/14 21:01:13 (permalink)
    Most likely a Corsair issue rather than an EVGA's one. I went through the same conundrum with my first set of 4 x 8GB DDR4 Vengence LPX. It is just unstable out of the box. I tried manual setting and overvolting, but to no avail. Gave up and RMAed for a new set, which works beautifully with my Micro 2 via XMP!!

Phil  

Intel i7-5930K 
    EVGA Micro 2 
    Corsair LPX 32GB 
    Palit GTX970 SLI
    Dell U2414H x 3
    Samsung 950 Pro
    WD Green 6TB
    Corsair HX1000i
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 4893
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/15 15:17:49 (permalink)
    Delta7, I can assure we that this memory was tested on the Micro2, we did test it with the same memory we had available form previous testing on other boards, what you are seeing is an error on the back end and we are getting it fixed now.
    delta7
    iCX Member
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/15 16:05:10 (permalink)

EVGATech_DaveB
    Delta7, I can assure we that this memory was tested on the Micro2, we did test it with the same memory we had available form previous testing on other boards, what you are seeing is an error on the back end and we are getting it fixed now.

Great news! Thanks for your reply DaveB. Guess I just had the same bad luck as Philwong with my corsair set. The bios versions for the micro2 not being listed in the memory support page is what got me to scratching my head over the issue. 

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/16 13:59:57 (permalink)
    delta7

EVGATech_DaveB

Great news! Thanks for your reply DaveB. Guess I just had the same bad luck as Philwong with my corsair set. The bios versions for the micro2 not being listed in the memory support page is what got me to scratching my head over the issue. 

Definitely understandable, frankly I thought I had fixed that previously.  Found it was a misdirected flag in a database, as we try to test all of the boards with the same RAM.  It is possible you have a board or proc problem, but I would start with RAM like PhilWong did, and you should be fine.
    delta7
    iCX Member
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/16 16:20:18 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    delta7

EVGATech_DaveB

Definitely understandable, frankly I thought I had fixed that previously.  Found it was a misdirected flag in a database, as we try to test all of the boards with the same RAM.  It is possible you have a board or proc problem, but I would start with RAM like PhilWong did, and you should be fine.

I'm pretty sure the ram was the issue as I later purchased some G.skill that has never given any problems. The system has been  stable since and plays games with unbelievable ease compared to the x58 system my son had before. He really likes it.

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/16 18:29:27 (permalink)
    delta7
    EVGATech_DaveB
    delta7

EVGATech_DaveB

I'm pretty sure the ram was the issue as I later purchased some G.skill that has never given any problems. The system has been  stable since and plays games with unbelievable ease compared to the x58 system my son had before. He really likes it.

Great to hear!
    I use GSkill myself, and have since my X58.

Yeah my X58 was starting to feel its age when my board died.  Some things were no problem, the more GPU bound games had no issue, but man a Huge scale map in GalCiv or XCOM once it hit mid game was brutal on that old 930 I had.  930 @ 4.2 and all 8 threads were MAXED, went to my Dark board and a hex core and everything was better at stock clocks than my X58 did clocked, and the X99 is a step above my Dark board.

Glad you are up and running, and the X99 is a beast of a platform.

Feel free to let us know, or even message me personally if you have any further issues.
    delta7
    iCX Member
    Re: Question about supported memory micro2 2016/02/16 19:11:36 (permalink)
    And the memory support page for the micro2 is already fixed. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile