EVGA

X99 FTW UEFI BIOS

Author
CkNoSFeRaTU
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/02/11 13:50:21 (permalink)
Are there any UEFI BIOS updates planned for the board with additional functionality?
Using this board about a year and not satisfied with it at all. Current UEFI version is latest (1.18).
It often hang on boot if there are inserted usb devices with blinking cursor and needs hard reset.
It have compatibility issues with some PCI-E cards, some needs to force to pci-e gen1 in BIOS, some are not detecting at all in all modes.
4 out of 10 sata ports are not working properly and producing tons of dma errors so devices half of the time don't detecting in BIOS, set a side working properly in OS.
If you have 28 lines CPU than you are doomed, as there are only one x16 slot and it is too close to CPU and is unaccessible if you are using any good tower cooler. And you can't redirect these lines to any other slot even if you turned it off with switch.
BIOS have very limited functionality, it doesn't even have power on by keyboard! How such a basic functionality is not there? 

Currently I need secure boot. And guest what? There are nothing regarding secure boot in BIOS at all after disabling csm and migrating from legacy to uefi boot!!!
Moreover "UEFI: Built-in EFI Shell" directive does absolutly nothing, just blinking with blue screen as efi shell stripped down from bios at all.
I managed to boot with USB to KeyTool.efi and find out there are no keys installed at all, not even microsoft's ones!!!
I Installed my own set of keys, but nothing regarding secure boot appeared in UEFI BIOS as expected 
Variable SecureBoot is read only and cannot be changed through efi shell.
How to enable secure boot on that castrated BIOS? Are there any updates planned to address these issues?

I can't even submit a support ticket as there are always "The server has experienced an error and our team has been notified!" when I'm trying to register product serial key... 
post edited by CkNoSFeRaTU - 2016/02/19 04:43:19

5 Replies Related Threads

Erik
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 417
    Re: X99 FTW UEFI BIOS 2016/02/11 14:35:38 (permalink)
    CkNoSFeRaTU,

I will forward your concerns to the PM team so they can take a look at it but we are always working on making things better and taking feedback seriously.  Depending on the AIC units being used, some may require setting a prior gen speed, we make the option available exactly for compatibility reasons.

In regards to the ticketing system, it is working as they are coming in so if you haven't tried clearing your cache or trying another browser, that can be done; otherwise you can always reach us at support@EVGA.com.

EVGA_JacobF
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 16946
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: X99 FTW UEFI BIOS 2016/02/12 23:49:17 (permalink)
    Currently secure boot is not officially supported, however, we are working on it and plan to add in upcoming release.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102253
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X99 FTW UEFI BIOS 2016/02/13 01:01:52 (permalink)
    EVGA_JacobF
    Currently secure boot is not officially supported, however, we are working on it and plan to add in upcoming release.

Thanks for the info Jacob.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

ORCACommander
    • Total Posts : 24
    Re: X99 FTW UEFI BIOS 2016/02/14 15:11:38 (permalink)
    On the subject of feature requests: Power on by timer. A feature i loved on my old gigabyte board was that i could have the bios scheduled to boot my computer at any time and day of the week with variable options such as week days or weekends only
    CkNoSFeRaTU
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: X99 FTW UEFI BIOS 2016/02/19 04:30:48 (permalink)
    EVGATech_Erik
    In regards to the ticketing system, it is working as they are coming in so if you haven't tried clearing your cache or trying another browser, that can be done; otherwise you can always reach us at .

Maybe tickets were going well back than, but when I tried to register product which is requirement before you can open tickets. I had been redirected to eu.evga.com and always getting error message mentioned before after completing the form. Today I successfully registered product serial so that problem seems to be solved.

EVGA_JacobF

Thank you for the information. Any ETA on this?
    post edited by CkNoSFeRaTU - 2016/02/19 04:41:15
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile