Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks.....

Author
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 40
2016/02/11 06:54:24 (permalink)
This put the biggest smile on my face this morning and I figured id share with you guys since I know most of you here feel the way I do about mmo cheating/hacking/cracking etc...  Enjoy brothers!!! \m/   

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/fake-hacks-get-cheaters-banned.219796/ 

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom

15 Replies Related Threads

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 07:50:12 (permalink)
    Doesn't look to be "fake" hacks, rather it's was a honeypot with real hacks to trigger VAC ban.
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 07:51:37 (permalink)
    It's kind of misleading by them saying "fake hacks" , when indeed he says it  "Essentially they edit your view angles to those that should be impossible to get and constantly gives infinite ammo/health .."

So they are 'real'  hacks but are meant to get you caught easier/ immediately...   which is A-OK  in my book.

I always thought game companies should have a small team dedicated to doing this very thing, putting out cheats for there game purposely coded for catching & reporting cheesheads .

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 11:32:08 (permalink)
    Yeah I thought the same thing you guys did but thinking about it afterwards I figure they probably mean "fake" in the sense that it doesn't advance you or give you any advantage in the long run because the first 2 had 24 hour timers that instantly vac banned you and the 3rd release instantly vac banned you as soon as you opened the hack and then tried to join a game. They really weren't useable to a player like a hack should be. Of course, this could just be my own deluded thinking on the topic too, lol.  :P   Imo, the timer hack was probably the better way to do it cause it made getting the ban look a little more natural. Im sure only a few hardcore cheaters would figure out it was from the hack and by the time they did discuss it on social media and figured it out it would be even farther down the road, giving the app a chance to grab a wider swath of cheaters and give legit gamers around the world more to celebrate. I think we shall christen it "Cheater Trawling".  :) \m/

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12859
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 14:50:15 (permalink)
    Devil's advocate here: I'm all for a fair playing field but I think VAC bans are complete BS. Just because someone is stupid doesn't mean their $60 or $70 should go poof. Give them a temp ban and make them write a 4 page essay about how cheating degrades the quality of the game for all players. Honda doesn't take my car back (while keeping the $$$ from it) because I speed or if I drive recklessly, game companies shouldn't either. With "Deflategate" Brady wasn't kicked out of the NFL never allowed to touch a football again. 

Bring on the flames, I know it's an unpopular opinion.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6130
    • Ribbons : 20
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 16:05:53 (permalink)
    Halo_003
    Honda doesn't take my car back (while keeping the $$$ from it) because I speed or if I drive recklessly, game companies shouldn't either. With "Deflategate" Brady wasn't kicked out of the NFL never allowed to touch a football again.

But when you speed or break the NFL rules you are charged a fine.  This is the same thing, with the price of the game as the fee.  But anyways you agree to the companies TOS when you play on their multiplayer; if you don't want to be banned, don't cheat.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 16:37:11 (permalink)
    I concur that we agree to the TOS when we purchase the game, and EVERYONE knows that cheating is against the rules. When they get VAC banned, they knew it was coming. I choose the easier path of a possible derank and still higher than average skill level. Granted, I am only MGE right now, with nova 3-4 being the average, so I am not great at the game, and I have almost 1100 hours in. I worked my butt off to get there and I really enjoy the fame without hackers. They deserve exactly what VAC gives them, and the game is only $15, not $60 or 70.

For those that do hack on 60-70 games, they should know better. Its their choice and they get exactly what they pay for.
    post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2016/02/11 16:41:22
    Halo_003
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12859
    • Ribbons : 51
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 16:40:40 (permalink)
    VAC bans are the same whether it's a $60 game or a $15 one.

ManBearPig
    Halo_003
    Honda doesn't take my car back (while keeping the $$$ from it) because I speed or if I drive recklessly, game companies shouldn't either. With "Deflategate" Brady wasn't kicked out of the NFL never allowed to touch a football again.

But when you speed or break the NFL rules you are charged a fine.  This is the same thing, with the price of the game as the fee.  But anyways you agree to the companies TOS when you play on their multiplayer; if you don't want to be banned, don't cheat.

You're absolutely 100% correct, you're punished with a fine, and the best way to avoid it is to not cheat, because like you say it is against the TOS you agree to by playing the game. However, that doesn't mean they should have the right to light your $60 on fire and ruin your purchased product because you were an idiot. The police don't strip your license and torch your car because you were speeding. They give you a $xxx(x) ticket and tell you to slow down, especially on your first offenses.

Like I said, I am 100% against cheating, and I want an even playing field, but the current implementation of the anti-cheat punishment is beyond absurd.

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

rlb9682
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1049
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 16:59:47 (permalink)
    Halo_003

ManBearPig
    Halo_003

You're absolutely 100% correct, you're punished with a fine, and the best way to avoid it is to not cheat, because like you say it is against the TOS you agree to by playing the game. However, that doesn't mean they should have the right to light your $60 on fire and ruin your purchased product because you were an idiot. The police don't strip your license and torch your car because you were speeding. They give you a $xxx(x) ticket and tell you to slow down, especially on your first offenses.

Like I said, I am 100% against cheating, and I want an even playing field, but the current implementation of the anti-cheat punishment is beyond absurd.

So you're saying a $60 game as a fine for punishment is too harsh? How about the $20-40$ a month hack subscriptions? They spend way more money on hacks than the game and most of these subscriptions give 7 or 8 guid accounts for the game with the subscription. 

If someone gets banned they just use the next game given to them by their subscription so I have to laugh at what you're saying here.
    Then again I'm biased against players who feel the need to "level the playing field" against decent players. Is it really that difficult to learn to play the game on your own? I'd be happier if they did a hardware ban instead 

Affiliate Code: PD1HHD50JK

ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 17:06:16 (permalink)
    Halo_003
    However, that doesn't mean they should have the right to light your $60 on fire and ruin your purchased product because you were an idiot. The police don't strip your license and torch your car because you were speeding. They give you a $xxx(x) ticket and tell you to slow down, especially on your first offenses.

They aren't destroying your game or taking your game away though.  They are just taking away your right to play it online against other rule abiding citizens.  If you want to play online again, you pay a fine.

If you break the law in your car they will give you a fine (at least).  And if you don't pay that fine, you better believe that they will take your right to drive from you.  They won't take your car away, but they will take away your right to share the road with others.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 17:19:54 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    Halo_003
    However, that doesn't mean they should have the right to light your $60 on fire and ruin your purchased product because you were an idiot. The police don't strip your license and torch your car because you were speeding. They give you a $xxx(x) ticket and tell you to slow down, especially on your first offenses.

They aren't destroying your game or taking your game away though.  They are just taking away your right to play it online against other rule abiding citizens.  If you want to play online again, you pay a fine.

If you break the law in your car they will give you a fine (at least).  And if you don't pay that fine, you better believe that they will take your right to drive from you.  They won't take your car away, but they will take away your right to share the road with others.

But they most definitely will impound your car, force you to pay for the fine and the impound fee...
    ManBearPig
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/11 17:27:21 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    ManBearPig
    Halo_003

But they most definitely will impound your car, force you to pay for the fine and the impound fee...

Exactly.  I meant they literally wouldn't take your car away and never get it again.  You pay a fine and get your privilege to drive back.

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/12 03:33:24 (permalink)
    Halo_003

ManBearPig
    Halo_003

Sure they do. It's the difference between ownership and licensing. It's very clear what they can and can't do in their software license that you must agree to when you purchase a license. It's the difference between leasing a car and owning it. 
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/12 18:38:53 (permalink)
    The internet always delivers. No matter how ridiculous the behavior there is always someone advocating that it's legit. Seriously if there wasn't someone championing cheating or piracy of digital goods in threads like these I'd begin to worry.

Was in a Steam discussion forum today and there was a poster with 19 VAC bans on his active account he was using to create troll threads.

#ClassicPCVidya
    stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/14 11:56:11 (permalink)
    ManBearPig
    Halo_003

I don't know where exactly this happens (as you can tell, I don't cheat, so I don't even know if something like this exists), but seems like a very good valid solution to help encourage cheaters not to cheat. Steam, Origin, ZeniMax, Ubisoft... Aim right for their Wallet, and if they cheat, charge them exactly for the release price of the product (in other words, the cost of the game.) if they want back in.

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    fearpoint
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3184
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Cheaters Banned By Fake Hacks..... 2016/02/15 16:19:53 (permalink)
    stalinx20
    ManBearPig
    Halo_003

I don't know where exactly this happens (as you can tell, I don't cheat, so I don't even know if something like this exists), but seems like a very good valid solution to help encourage cheaters not to cheat. Steam, Origin, ZeniMax, Ubisoft... Aim right for their Wallet, and if they cheat, charge them exactly for the release price of the product (in other words, the cost of the game.) if they want back in.

No it doesn't. It's been tried in the past and the outcome was just bad press because people lie on the internet and morons believe them. Over on EA's forums for example they actively protect cheaters so those cheaters don't be obnoxious and lie about everything under the sun in retaliation. The legit users just have to suck it the **** up and pretend it isn't an issue otherwise they'll be silenced.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile