EVGA

Mod My case or buy a new one.

Author
jnohnu12
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/02/05 07:54:28 (permalink)
Does anyone know of any case's that looks like it’s from the 80's or 90's but would be able to house a newer high end system? I don't mind of I have to paint it white or beige.

Right now I have a HEC 7106 which looks like its from 1998 but was made only a few years ago. It has a 80mm intake and 2 60mm rear fans. But the computer in it would probably run hot if not loud. The case is made of 18 gauge steal and is very well built, just not any good for a hot system.
I'm thinking of modding the case. I'm sure I could add a 92mm intake fan if not a 120mm fan in place of the 80mm. I may be able to install some 120mm or 92mm fans on the sides too. But having fans on the sides would stick out if not done right and I'm going for a sleeper look.

If anyone it interested I could do a build log. If I end up modded the case. 

1 Reply Related Threads

stalinx20
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4977
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Mod My case or buy a new one. 2016/02/07 11:46:36 (permalink)
    I'm just trying to bring in some feedback on your post...
    your intensions of modding your case...
    You say that you're doing it because of it being a 1998 looking like case. Are you doing it because this is something that you are truly wanting to do, or because you do not want to buy a new case? Because once you start a project, especially on a computer case, that's it, you have to finish it. Just wanting to make sure this is understanding.

One suggestion then is to install a fan opening ontop of your case. What kind of fan size were you thinking? If you go 120mm, you could possibly get an AIO watercooler for your CPU. That's one avenue you can go.
     This would help your ambient temperature in your case as well, bringing the heat upwards.
    I think a beige color would be more interesting looking than white. Then putting a nice buffer on it.

Honestly the fans on the side of the computer are not needed.
    post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/02/07 11:55:31

EVGA X79 Dark
    2080 Black edition
    EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
    4820K CPU
    16x G-skill
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile