Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2016/02/05 21:06:54 (permalink)
Why does EVGA refuse to do anything about the computer industry news section being spammed. Is it because they don't care about the community anymore or just too lazy to put the effort needed to fix the problem.

I have heard from over 10 members and a few moderators about it. They agree the spamming by one member is way out of hand. Everyone calls that member the king of spam every time the member makes a new milestone post.  How can spamming around 6 news articles daily, be adding value to the forums for the community. The postings are nothing but a URL and a generic comment, we don't see any snippet or hear what the member making the post thinks about the news.

What do we hear from evga.....

The Computer Industry News section is for any user that wants to post about computer industry news and this is open to anyone. We do not feel any changes are required at this time.

What that really means is EVGA can't be bothered to put the effort it should be into the forums. If select moderators feel nothing is wrong, they don't care what the community thinks. That is how evga works behind the scene.

Mean while traffic on evga forums continues to go downhill. 

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/05 22:06:31 (permalink)
I like the News section. I read it every morning while enjoying my coffee. I for one have no issues with the posting etiquette by anyone in that section.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/05 23:15:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MSim 2016/02/07 00:48:26
I look at it a bit differently. The News section is failure not because of one person in particular, but rather because no one else wants to make it viable.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 01:29:06 (permalink)
Brad_Hawthorne
I look at it a bit differently. The News section is failure not because of one person in particular, but rather because no one else wants to make it viable.

Who can make it viable when evga management refused to do anything to where the community can do that.  We don't see any moderator stepping up to improve things.

EVGA refuses to test some basic posting guidelines.

Basic guidelines like this:
  1. URL to source of article  (give credit to original source when possible)
  2. Snippet from the article (allows members to see if they want to read the whole article or not)
  3. take part in the discussion about the article you find so interesting to post (were all here to a discussion, not here to look at url links)

The last time i mentioned posting guidelines for when members make new topics in news sections, evga management excuse for not wanting to do it, they were afraid members might not post if they added any guidelines. Do we see that stopping members from posting news articles on other forums that have posting guidelines for news sections.... no we do not. In fact we see more people take part because of it.

I bet if someone with over 2,000 posts setup a spam bot to post any and all software/hardware articles from x site, no one would be able to tell the difference from what we have now in computer industry news section. Makes me wish i knew someone to do just that to prove that point.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 03:08:14 (permalink)
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne

Who can make it viable when evga management refused to do anything to where the community can do that.  We don't see any moderator stepping up to improve things.

2. Snippet from the article (allows members to see if they want to read the whole article or not)
  3. take part in the discussion about the article you find so interesting to post (were all here to a discussion, not here to look at url links)

The last time i mentioned posting guidelines for when members make new topics in news sections, evga management excuse for not wanting to do it, they were afraid members might not post if they added any guidelines. Do we see that stopping members from posting news articles on other forums that have posting guidelines for news sections.... no we do not. In fact we see more people take part because of it.

I bet if someone with over 2,000 posts setup a spam bot to post any and all software/hardware articles from x site, no one would be able to tell the difference from what we have now in computer industry news section. Makes me wish i knew someone to do just that to prove that point.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away EVGA forum members started complaining about no one putting articles into the news section. I was the one who ended up getting many of these complaints via PM (Personal Message). So I decided to go ahead and post news articles that I thought were worthy of that section. I am not going to 'snippet' too much from the article or post the article in full as that is a violation of copyright law.

I receive far more 'thanks' from the forum members for posting these articles than any negative complaints. As a matter of fact there is only one negative complaint and that is from 'you'. You complain about it but what have 'you' done to contribute to that section? If you feel there is a better way than start contributing to the section rather than moan and groan about it.
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2016/02/06 03:27:43

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

patchesanook
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3903
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 03:15:20 (permalink)
rjohnson11
MSim
Brad_Hawthorne

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away EVGA forum members started complaining about no one putting articles into the news section. I was the one who ended up getting many of these complaints via PM (Personal Message). So I decided to go ahead and post news articles that I thought were worthy of that section. I am not going to 'snippet' too much from the article or post the article in full as that is a violation of copyright law.

I receive far more 'thanks' from the forum members for posting these articles than any negative complaints. As a matter of fact there is only one negative complaint and that is from 'you'. You complaint about it but what have 'you' done to contribute to that section? If you feel there is a better way than start contributing to the section rather than moan and groan about it.

i like reading the articles Rj puts links for.
its better than reading 1 persons opinion.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 03:28:58 (permalink)
I'd love to write independent articles about hardware but that would require sponsorship. If any companies are interested contact me.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 04:23:40 (permalink)
rjohnson11

I receive far more 'thanks' from the forum members for posting these articles than any negative complaints. As a matter of fact there is only one negative complaint and that is from 'you'. You complaint about it but what have 'you' done to contribute to that section? If you feel there is a better way than start contributing to the section rather than moan and groan about it.

If you would bothered to read the "if you could make a new forums rule" thread, you would see more than just me feel the computer industry news section is being spammed. Do you pay attention to what members say in your own milestone threads, they call you the king of spam for a reason. some even comment "that's a lot of url's". Your not going to snippet too much? When have you ever posted a snippet from a news article. All we see are url's with some generic reply like "good info in that article". If it's so good why not post a snippet to allow members to see if they want to read the article or the visit website that has all kinds of ads on it. That can't be too much to ask can it.

Some members wonder if your not making money on the side spamming articles from sites like techpowerup. That is no lie.

Moderators and members have commented about it to me in private messages over the years.
Moose518
Violence
Winvert
Arctic_eagle
Sajin
Holo
at least 2 moderators

I could go on and on of members who agree with me or have made a comment in public or in private messages. I won't name the moderators who agree with me, don't want them receiving backlash because of it. Evga has instructed server admins and forum moderators to not engage with me and other members on the forums. 

I have tried to improve things by including the following when i make a news post.

• Original source of the article whenever possible
  • Snippet which a lot of members like when i do it
  • add any youtube video in the post if possible (long as it doesn't have cursing in it)

I would say that's more effort than you put in any news post. I have lost count the number of times Computer Industry News section first page is almost full of topics made by RJohnson11. In every one of those topics is a url with generic reply, wow such quality contented added to the forums for members, let me tell ya.

You opened this can of warms by attacking me.

post edited by MSim - 2016/02/06 04:30:19
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 04:27:15 (permalink)
patchesanook

i like reading the articles Rj puts links for.
its better than reading 1 persons opinion.

Who posts news articles with just an opinion and no links?

You do know they make RSS feeds for people who just like links that you can subscribe to. Forums are a place to have a DISCUSSION about things. Were not all here to look at url's are we.  

whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 04:44:09 (permalink)
MSim
rjohnson11

If you would bothered to read the "if you could make a new forums rule" thread, you would see more than just me feel the computer industry news section is being spammed. Do you pay attention to what members say in your own milestone threads, they call you the king of spam for a reason. some even comment "that's a lot of url's". Your not going to snippet too much? When have you ever posted a snippet from a news article. All we see are url's with some generic reply like "good info in that article". If it's so good why not post a snippet to allow members to see if they want to read the article or the visit website that has all kinds of ads on it. That can't be too much to ask can it.

Some members wonder if your not making money on the side spamming articles from sites like techpowerup. That is no lie.

Moderators and members have commented about it to me in private messages over the years.
Moose518
Violence
Winvert
Arctic_eagle
Sajin
Holo
at least 2 moderators

I could go on and on of members who agree with me or have made a comment in public or in private messages. I won't name the moderators who agree with me, don't want them receiving backlash because of it. Evga has instructed server admins and forum moderators to not engage with me and other members on the forums. 

I have tried to improve things by including the following when i make a news post.

• add any youtube video in the post if possible (long as it doesn't have cursing in it)

I would say that's more effort than you put in any news post. I have lost count the number of times Computer Industry News section first page is almost full of topics made by RJohnson11. In every one of those topics is a url with generic reply, wow such quality contented added to the forums for members, let me tell ya.

"If it's so good why not post a snippet to allow members to see if they want to read the article or the visit website that has all kinds of ads on it."

This is one thing that really bugs me. Going to the web sites and battle the ads that actually freeze my computer for a moment and it is getting worse.

I was told a few years ago by other forums that posting a web sites article in full is NOT a copyright issue as long as the source is acknowledged in the post. These articles are for discussion purposes and are not being sold. If anything they are free advertisement for that web site.

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 04:56:41 (permalink)
whiskers54
MSim
rjohnson11

Moose518
Violence
Winvert
Arctic_eagle
Sajin
Holo
at least 2 moderators

"If it's so good why not post a snippet to allow members to see if they want to read the article or the visit website that has all kinds of ads on it."

This is one thing that really bugs me. Going to the web sites and battle the ads that actually freeze my computer for a moment and it is getting worse.

I was told a few years ago by other forums that posting a web sites article in full is NOT a copyright issue as long as the source is acknowledged in the post. These articles are for discussion purposes and are not being sold. If anything they are free advertisement for that web site.

Years ago I contacted several websites concerning posting of their articles and many of them refuse to allow the full article to be posted so I'm not going to dig into websites and find out which ones allow this and which ones don't. Don't rely on forums to get this information. You need to get permission from the copyright owner.

Another issue that bothers some forum members are advertisements which block reading of the article so I try as best as I can to pick out articles which are not on websites which posts a popup advertisement before you can read the article.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 05:07:24 (permalink)
whiskers54

You should use adblock type browser plugin to solve freezing problem due to ads, it will also help to keep your system free of malware. It's our choice what gets shown on our computer screens. You could argue "fair use" and post multiple snippets from an article. People can make reaction/comment video about another video, while showing the other video content. 

If a news article is behind a paywall, i won't bother linking to it.

If we couldn't post snippets, i think by now evga would of made a sticky post in each news section saying otherwise. Some members are just too lazy to put any effort into news posts.
post edited by MSim - 2016/02/06 05:13:12
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 06:22:11 (permalink)
I don't understand your complaint.  Posting news in the news section is not spam.  Why should eVGA request that someone be less active?  I see the title, decide whether it sounds interesting, and then decide if I want to visit the link.  I can decide whether the title sounds interesting before I even view the forum post.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2016/02/06 06:26:23
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 06:50:57 (permalink)
ty_ger07
I don't understand your complaint.  Posting news in the news section is not spam.  Why should eVGA request that someone be less active?  I see the title, decide whether it sounds interesting, and then decide if I want to visit the link.  I can decide whether the title sounds interesting before I even view the forum post.

Why would someone be less active?  Getting members to put more effort into news posts is a GOOD thing. Look at how many active members are on OCN industry news section, they have posting guidelines. Most of the news posts have over 10 pages of members taking part in the discussion. That shows what can happen when you give a crap about the quality of news posts. 

If it was up to me, i would hide posts count on here. I believe that is the number one cause for so many "news" articles being spammed.

The only members it would hurt to require a few basic posting guidelines for the news sections, are the members who spam 4-6+ articles daily. They would have to actually put some effort into it besides just copying and pasting article headline and url. No ones asking to require members to write a 500 essay about each news articles they post.

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 07:32:51 (permalink)
If worried about content and quality of posts, let's bring back the post rating system.

1) either with upvote and down vote like Reddit, or rate on a 1-5 star scale.
2) to prevent abuse make it a minimum 100 posts or 2 years membership to rate other members posts.
3) down voting or rating below 3 is not a disagree button, it's for subpar quality content.

Simple system, and it works, and that's the point.

rjohnson11
Years ago I contacted several websites concerning posting of their articles and many of them refuse to allow the full article to be posted so I'm not going to dig into websites and find out which ones allow this and which ones don't. Don't rely on forums to get this information. You need to get permission from the copyright owner.

Another issue that bothers some forum members are advertisements which block reading of the article so I try as best as I can to pick out articles which are not on websites which posts a popup advertisement before you can read the article.

I have actually raised this point in a couple of the threads you've posted, but 99% of the time in a thread you post you post a link and then a fragment of the sentence copied directly from the article. If you're worried about copyright infringement, why copy a sites protected content at all?

Example: http://forums.evga.com/m/tm.aspx?m=2442921

I'm on mobile or if pull up the ones I commented on with the same concern, but posting part of a copyrighted sentence is not much different from a posting half of a copyrighted article. (IMO. Disclaimer: not a lawyer.)

The other, more minor issue I have is that after posting the news thread it's very rare for you to pop back in and join the discussion, that's less of a problem to me than the above though.

Edit: HAHA BOOM they are going to implement my marketplace template idea from the rules thread, can't post this bragging there though.
post edited by Halo_003 - 2016/02/06 07:40:25

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 10:47:50 (permalink)
MSim
You should use adblock type browser plugin to solve freezing problem due to ads, it will also help to keep your system free of malware. It's our choice what gets shown on our computer screens. You could argue "fair use" and post multiple snippets from an article. People can make reaction/comment video about another video, while showing the other video content. 

OK. You were not the first to suggest Ad Block but you helped me to do it. Wow, big difference. Thank You!!!!
So far it's playing nice with my Anti-Virus software.
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 10:51:02 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Exactly. I agree with this 100%.

Thanks for the news RJ! Keep up the good work.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 7420
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 11:02:31 (permalink)
Reading lots of great news vs waiting for people to post things for weeks?  The first one wins hands down.  Thanks mods for providing us great news to read daily.  They take time out of their days to post news articles that wouldn't otherwise get populated.  I'd rather not wait a week before someone else posts something.  Again, great job mods!!

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB
Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5 5200MHz
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
4x Samsung 2TB 980 Pro SSD + 1x ADATA 512GB SU800
Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB SIGNATURE SERIES Mid-Tower - Neon Night
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 11:20:38 (permalink)
MSim
Why does EVGA refuse to do anything about the computer industry news section being spammed. Is it because they don't care about the community anymore or just too lazy to put the effort needed to fix the problem.

I have heard from over 10 members and a few moderators about it. They agree the spamming by one member is way out of hand. Everyone calls that member the king of spam every time the member makes a new milestone post.  How can spamming around 6 news articles daily, be adding value to the forums for the community. The postings are nothing but a URL and a generic comment, we don't see any snippet or hear what the member making the post thinks about the news.

What do we hear from evga.....

The Computer Industry News section is for any user that wants to post about computer industry news and this is open to anyone. We do not feel any changes are required at this time.

What that really means is EVGA can't be bothered to put the effort it should be into the forums. If select moderators feel nothing is wrong, they don't care what the community thinks. That is how evga works behind the scene.

Mean while traffic on evga forums continues to go downhill. 

You seem to always come off as you know EVGA's business more than they do themselves.  You know absolutely nothing how EVGA works behind the scenes, lmao.  

FYI, they're not doing it for their post count, lel.  They're doing it for the community and as above, you can see we like it.  A URL and a generic comment is enough to make someone to read the article.  I don't want to read more than a couple of lines when I can read the article.

"traffic on evga forums continues to go downhill" - Another false claim.  You don't even have the web statistics to pull up and back that up.  Next?
post edited by rjohnson11 - 2016/02/08 06:24:23

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
fearpoint
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3184
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 11:42:29 (permalink)
kaninja
I like the News section. I read it every morning while enjoying my coffee. I for one have no issues with the posting etiquette by anyone in that section.

Same.

Most tech blogs are atrocious.
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 11:48:29 (permalink)
Same, and it's interesting!

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 15:33:39 (permalink)
NazcaC2
Reading lots of great news vs waiting for people to post things for weeks?  The first one wins hands down.  Thanks mods for providing us great news to read daily.  They take time out of their days to post news articles that wouldn't otherwise get populated.  I'd rather not wait a week before someone else posts something.  Again, great job mods!!

Who has to wait a week before they can post. Glad you just make stuff up out of thin air to disagree with me.

NazcaC2

You seem to always come off as you know EVGA's business more than they do themselves.  You know absolutely nothing how EVGA works behind the scenes, lmao.  Disgruntled employee anyone?!

FYI, they're not doing it for their post count, lel.  They're doing it for the community and as above, you can see we like it.  A URL and a generic comment is enough to make someone to read the article.  I don't want to read more than a couple of lines when I can read the article.

"traffic on evga forums continues to go downhill" - Another false claim.  You don't even have the web statistics to pull up and back that up.  Next?

I have seen how EVGA works behind the scenes unlike you who does nothing. I have seen how each and every time Rob Beca would take what evga volunteers have to say over what normal members say. Joe Darwin makes fake claims like he wants whatever the community wants but when it comes down to it, he can't be bother to do that.  

Traffic on evga forums does continue to go downhill. The forums traffic isn't like it was a few years ago. Lots of members who been around a long time have noticed it too.

I'm sure by now you have reported this topic or made a post about it in evga private forums area,  on how evga should just ban members like MSim and Arctic_Eagle. It sure is funny reading what you guys say about members behind closed doors. Walls of text about us lol.

NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 17:04:03 (permalink)
Haha, humor me more.

Btw, the week between posts was roughly the time someone else posts news, not a time limit. Lel.
post edited by NazcaC2 - 2016/02/06 17:07:34

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
candle_86
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3677
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 17:05:09 (permalink)
you know what I like RJ's news articles, i dont need a snippet if the title interests me ill read it, if it does not i skip over it. Why don't you simply calm down, take your panties out of the bunch you put them in, accept that things are not ever going to be the way you like it, and stop complaining about everything. Thats what I really see from you these days, complaining, complaining complaining. 
NazcaC2
EGC Admin
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 17:08:58 (permalink)
Che-ching, we've got a winner! (candle) Biiiingooo! I've got a bingo. :D
Exactly.

Intel i9-12900K
ASUS Prime Z690-A
Corsair 850W RM850x
Windows 11 Professional
revenantx02
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 1457
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 17:15:42 (permalink)
I like the news section and its "spam" articles.
I like that someone else scans through the mass articles out there and gives me something I might actually read and find useful.

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 17:38:40 (permalink)
@ RJ
It is against the law if you were to copy the news and redistribute it, and tell people you wrote it. This in particular, however, is not related to that. Most of the news feeds that you or anyone else posts is for people's enjoyment, and for people such as you to give that information to the people, and for them to be informed. If they don't read it, that's their loss. There is nothing law breaking about copying information from a website to post it on a forum, especially since you already mentioned in another post (a while back) that you are a moderator on your own time and at your free will. If you happen to include the link in the post, even better, and that is basically a passive move that you claim no ownership to the copied article (or snippet). This is news you are copying and "redistributing" for people to read. You are not redistributing music.

Anyhow,

I like to take the time to read the articles as well. In most cases it's just a copy & paste of the website URL, but that's efficient enough (I think). You have the main subject of the article in the subject line anyway... Maybe to help the thread, copy and paste the article within the website onto the post and/or "snippet"? Just a solution. Other than that, there are some good readings. Some are good, some are just there.

But that's just like regular news on TV, right? The news you find boring, you just skip over. The articles you are curious about, you read over and see what they're offering.

And it provides great reading material for many others, and it's good for me in the mornings before I start work.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/02/06 19:29:50

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 19:49:00 (permalink)
It wouldn't hurt anyone if we improved things by requiring members to put a bit of effort into the news posts they make. That the main thing about this topic.  Some members might like just a link, other members like to see a snippet so they can see if it's worth visiting a site full of Ads or not. A lot of so called news from tech sites is nothing but clickbait. 

I never said Rjohnson11 posts nothing but junk articles.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 20:25:32 (permalink)
MSim
A lot of so called news from tech sites is nothing but clickbait. 

I really do agree with you MSims, that a lot of sites, when you open them, is popup after popup, and it really can add a lot of inconvenience to the news reading. I can see your point to that matter, and having a small little copied paragraph in the post would help in that matter.

There is nothing more irritating than seeing a bestbuy pop up on your webpage telling you "click me", and they have the close button in a shaded grey so you can't see it.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2016/02/06 20:29:38

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: computer industry news section spam 2016/02/06 20:42:34 (permalink)

Is it just me, or is it weird to see the same thread re-worded over and over again on the news section in the General section? 

And for the record, I see nothing wrong with the suggestion from Sim, and I see nothing wrong with how RJ and others have been posting in the news section. I would be happy with or without change.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile