EVGA

Answered4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solution

Author
lylewo
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/11/27 22:34:04 (permalink)
Could I please get ANY better solution than trading in my broken card for one that will break in the next six months??  That is almost the average amount of time my $330 cards have lasted.  This time it broke in a new way, I reformatted my hd and reinstalled windows multiple times, I tried older drivers, I got a new psu, and my pc is squeaky clean now.  Evga's cards have caused my pc countless blue screens. This is outrageous! I went with this company because I thought it had high quality products since they offer the longest warranty.    EDIT:  I've always ran my cards with a very aggressive fan profile.
My specs are:  MSI z77-g45 mb
                     Intel i7 3770K at 3.5ghz currently
                     8gb corsair vengeance ram at 1600mhz
                     2x evga 660ti SC+ 3gb edition never overclocked past the factory settings
                     evga 850w bronze rated semi-modular psu
                     and a massive coolermaster cpu heatsink and 5 case fans.
I'm so sick of this if I RMA my card again they're just going to send me another one that will break in 4-6 months and then my warranty will have run out.  Damn this company I have had problems with their graphics cards since I built my pc.     
post edited by lylewo - 2015/11/27 22:44:16
sherry
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 05:13:52 (permalink)
lylewo
This is outrageous! I went with this company because I thought it had high quality products since they offer the longest warranty.    EDIT:  I've always ran my cards with a very aggressive fan profile.

I'm so sick of this if I RMA my card again they're just going to send me another one that will break in 4-6 months and then my warranty will have run out.  Damn this company I have had problems with their graphics cards since I built my pc.     

You literally took away words from my mouth. EVGA, never again.
I've had great experience with cards of other companies and am going to switch back.

evilmustang66
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1598
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 07:17:05 (permalink)
sorry to hear
never had issues with rma have you tried testing each card out of sli by them selves then if one card is at fault then I would suggest you call evga talk with rep and tell them you are running sli on your cards so both cards get replaced
also run memtest on your ram (bad ram) that or a oc cpu or over heating could cause the issue

do you have the blue screen error code that can help in finding the culprit

450 watt is required per a card I wanna say your psu may need to be upped to min 1000 watt I Run triple sli running 1300 watt when I ran quad sli gtx 680 I had 1600 watt those 600 series still use power

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81289  

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

bcavnaugh
The Crunchinator
  • Total Posts : 38977
  • Ribbons : 282
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 07:51:38 (permalink)
I do not see that you have tested a new SLI Bridge nor Different Slots nor what the BSOD Code is?
Is your Motherboard Bios Current, are the Bios Settings Set to the Default or Optimized Settings with NO OVERCLOCKING?
Is the Integrated Graphics Disabled on your Motherboard? 
I would think that it is your Motherboard that is the real issue and not your Graphics Cards.

sherry
lylewo
This is outrageous! I went with this company because I thought it had high quality products since they offer the longest warranty.    EDIT:  I've always ran my cards with a very aggressive fan profile.

You literally took away words from my mouth. EVGA, never again.
I've had great experience with cards of other companies and am going to switch back.

OK What was the issue that have had with an EVGA Product and what was the Product and what was it the EVGA Did Not Do For You?
sherry What are the Other Companies that you are Speaking of? What was the Product(s) (Model Number(s)) or the Other Card(s)?
post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/11/29 10:58:42

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 15:25:28 (permalink)
Something else is going on here. Post the bsod info, the bsod info will help us determine exactly what is going on.
lylewo
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 15:47:06 (permalink)
bcavnaugh
I do not see that you have tested a new SLI Bridge nor Different Slots nor what the BSOD Code is?
Is your Motherboard Bios Current, are the Bios Settings Set to the Default or Optimized Settings with NO OVERCLOCKING?
Is the Integrated Graphics Disabled on your Motherboard? 
I would think that it is your Motherboard that is the real issue and not your Graphics Cards.

OK What was the issue that have had with an EVGA Product and what was the Product and what was it the EVGA Did Not Do For You?
What are the Other Companies that you are Speaking of? What was the Product(s) (Model Number(s)) or the Other Card(s)?

For starters I thank you all for your desire to assist me.  I have literally tested so many things I've lost track of all of them no kidding.  Of course I took my working card out an inserted the suspected bad card in its place and I got to the windows splash screen and about 6 lines appear in the middle of my monitor which was when I noticed the original problem.  My cards were also falling out of sli mode frequently and my games would crash and make that horrible repeating noise through my speakers.  It would do this if I for example tried to pause or minimize the game when a lot was going on on screen. It blue screens without the blue screen and continues in that loop.  I have the error message.
Blue screen
BCCode 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800BC12010
BCP2: FFFFF88004BDB3C4
BCP3: 16 zeros.  im not typing them out
BCP4: 15 zeros then the number 2
files that describe the problem 
C:\windows\minidump\111415-18049-01.dmp
C:\users\Lyle\Appdata\Local\temp\WER-109075-0.sysdata                  At least I don't feel as stupid for writing all that down now...

I've ran the windows memtest about 4 times.  This was when I didn't know my card was bad so it would never reboot successfully and show me the results.  I can do that and get my bios version if that would help.
I have never overclocked anything except my cpu and that was around this time a year ago.  My bios is set to default.  I have the graphic adapter set to PEG in my bios I haven't seen how to disable my integrated graphics for a couple years.  And my pc ran fine on 700 watts with both cards for 2 years whenever the graphics cards weren't going to hell in a hand basket.  I think some of you are overestimating their power requirements my power bill would be sky high if they were anywhere near that.

Why does anyone think its my motherboard?  I have had 3 of these cards model number 03G-P4-3663-KR completely quit on me.  I knew because the fans just stopped spinning on all of them.  This is the first time I've had one fail this way.  I have no way to get a new sli bridge other than pay 3 dollars plus s&h for a part that almost has NOTHING that can break on it.  The RMA process isn't bad except I've spent about 40 dollars sending 3 cards in so far.  EVGA RMA dept keeps sending me cards that are inferior and break in less then 6 months.  I don't have that much time left in my warranty so the next time they break after this I will be out 700 dollars I spent on them thinking I might get at least 3 years out of the cards.  I can't just spend that much on gfx cards again and I definitely wont with EVGA whenever I can.

My cards never go above 70 degrees celcius and usually are at 65 when I'm running them at 100%.  I have the fans set to run at 80% when they get to 50 degrees celcius and my cpu has a ridiculously huge air cooler it idles at 26* and rarely goes above 45.  
My pc has literally not had SLI running as long as it has.  EVGA has ripped me off bigger than SH)T when I paid 330 or 340 for each of these cards originally I deserved reliable working parts.  The ones they've sent me for my RMA's have always operated at lower clock speeds then my original and now that one has died.  You may say that doesn't indicate the quality but if your'e capable of applying any information that applies to everything if it can't run as fast, as cool, or as long as another instance of the exact same model it's lower quality.  

I hope that tides you all over for a while I don't know if I'll make another post today.  I'll see if I can run a memtest successfully and get my bios version on a restart.  I hope you all aren't so infatuated with EVGA your'e just telling me everything else is wrong with my pc to throw me off.  I am PISSED I'm not going to have any working graphics cards when they both break after March of next year.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 17:11:43 (permalink)
Yep, bccode 116 is the card.
evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/28 18:09:36 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby lylewo 2015/11/29 13:46:50
rma both as sli setup if your lucky you will get a different pair or step up from 600 to 700 or 900 series sli

z97 evga z97 classy 32gb ddr3 corsair evga g2 1300 psu 1tb ssd etc x2 titan x 3sli with 980 hybrid coolers lian li pc desk

lylewo
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/29 13:46:43 (permalink)
evilmustang66
rma both as sli setup if your lucky you will get a different pair or step up from 600 to 700 or 900 series sli

Thanks that sounds like good advice I didn't consider that may help in the long run.  It sounds a lot better than what EVGA offered me a prepaid shipping label and "hand testing" my replacement as if they'd notice a problem that isn't even going to occur for 3-6 months.  I guess they're trying to be nice I just don't think they understand my problem or they don't care since my warranty is running out.  Thank you for the better solution.
MDeckerM
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1799
  • Ribbons : 8
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/29 14:03:08 (permalink)
lylewo

Thanks that sounds like good advice I didn't consider that may help in the long run.  It sounds a lot better than what EVGA offered me a prepaid shipping label and "hand testing" my replacement as if they'd notice a problem that isn't even going to occur for 3-6 months.  I guess they're trying to be nice I just don't think they understand my problem or they don't care since my warranty is running out.  Thank you for the better solution.

Hello lylewo,

I can assure you that we definitely care about our customer's needs in or out of warranty; we want to help.

Please give us a call at 888-881-3842 so that we may assist you in starting the RMA process. Thank you.
Trilogy3337
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 444
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 16:03:32 (permalink)
When you run SLI...
ALWAYS RMA all the cards.
I run 660TI's from the RMA Dept, while I have a rouge one at the moment they do get them replaced.
That being said, if you RMA something more than X times in a year they will Advanced RMA them at no cost to you.

Now for people not paying attention or bothering to quote accurate information:

I saw a post of 450 watts per card, not even close.

Thermal and Power Specs:
Maximum GPU Tempurature (in C) 97 C
Maximum Graphics Card Power 150 W

Minimum System Power Requirement 450 W

Supplementary Power Connectors Two 6-pin

Those specs are per NVidia. 
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660ti/specifications

His 850W PSU is more than sufficient to run those cards wide open in SLI.

As far as slots, his board based on what he posted only has 2 x16 slots onboard.

EVGA X79 Dark
Intel 4820K on HK3.0
16GB worth of Vengeance
EVGA 1300G2
EVGA 660TI
EVGA 660TI
EVGA660SC
SSD's Galore

Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72898
evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 16:39:07 (permalink)
Trilogy3337

Thermal and Power Specs:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-660ti/specifications

As far as slots, his board based on what he posted only has 2 x16 slots onboard.

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/GPU.aspx?pn=E6579123-CA4C-4EDD-9D6C-E499A214E7AA
this were I got the info from evga site it a evga card sometimes a little extra psu doesn't hurts he didn't list how many drives he had

lylewo
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 20:03:56 (permalink)
Trilogy3337
When you run SLI...
I run 660TI's from the RMA Dept, while I have a rouge one at the moment they do get them replaced.
That being said, if you RMA something more than X times in a year they will Advanced RMA them at no cost to you.

Thermal and Power Specs:

Okay thanks I appreciate you corroborating what I thought and other people here told me but I still don't understand why a working card in SLI should be RMA'd with the bad one.  As useful as that may be to do I don't understand why that's important.  Unless they get used to working in tandem or something.   Also yes I thought the 450w was for your whole system and mine is pretty simple I just have a regular 1 tb hard drive and a cd-rom drive with a bunch of lights of course.  And I know my pci slots only operate at x16 or idk even x8 when they're both being used I didn't think there was a way around that when I built my pc.

Edit.  I just called evga's technical support and they guy there said they never RMA both cards in SLI.  They gave me the email for the RMA dept.  Gawd I hope I'm not going to get the run around I don't have a lot of free time to work on these things.
post edited by lylewo - 2015/11/30 20:51:07
Trilogy3337
iCX Member
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 20:45:17 (permalink)
lylewo
Trilogy3337
When you run SLI...

Thermal and Power Specs:

Okay thanks I appreciate you corroborating what I thought and other people here told me but I still don't understand why a working card in SLI should be RMA'd with the bad one.  As useful as that may be to do I don't understand why that's important.  Unless they get used to working in tandem or something.   Also yes I thought the 450w was for your whole system and mine is pretty simple I just have a regular 1 tb hard drive and a cd-rom drive with a bunch of lights of course.  And I know my pci slots only operate at x16 or idk even x8 when they're both being used I didn't think there was a way around that when I built my pc.

Cards are funny sometimes, Sometimes card A will not work in Slot 1, but will work in Slot 2.
Sometimes Card A will work in Slot 1, Card B in slot 2, but not in SLI. 
SLI is temperamental at best, I've owned EVGA NVidia cards dating back 10 years and have always had SLI, Tri-SLI or Quad-SLI.
I've seen them do stupid things, this is why EVGA policy is if you send in a card, and even though the card tested "Good" they replace it anyway. There are too many hardware configurations to possibly test every single one. This is the same reason that games actually written for PC still have issues on release, they cannot even with open beta test everything.

As for hard drives, even if he had all 6 slots filled with mechanical drives it's only a mere 60 watts.
That being said I run 660TI's in SLI and I own every current game and still do not max the cards at 100%
I do however use a 1300W PSU, I just buy the biggest and let it run at lower loads.

EVGA X79 Dark
Intel 4820K on HK3.0
16GB worth of Vengeance
EVGA 1300G2
EVGA 660TI
EVGA 660TI
EVGA660SC
SSD's Galore

lylewo
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 20:59:08 (permalink)
Trilogy3337

cards are funny sometimes, Sometimes card A will not work in Slot 1, but will work in Slot 2.
Sometimes Card A will work in Slot 1, Card B in slot 2, but not in SLI. 
SLI is temperamental at best, I've owned EVGA NVidia cards dating back 10 years and have always had SLI, Tri-SLI or Quad-SLI.
I've seen them do stupid things, this is why EVGA policy is if you send in a card, and even though the card tested "Good" they replace it anyway. There are too many hardware configurations to possibly test every single one. This is the same reason that games actually written for PC still have issues on release, they cannot even with open beta test everything.

As for hard drives, even if he had all 6 slots filled with mechanical drives it's only a mere 60 watts.
That being said I run 660TI's in SLI and I own every current game and still do not max the cards at 100%
I do however use a 1300W PSU, I just buy the biggest and let it run at lower loads.

Okay I've learned that these cards are spastic, temperamental, and do weird things for no reason sometimes but WHAT ARE YOU SAYING YOU'RE NOT MAXING YOUR CARDS OUT?? If you just have the same or similar 660ti's in 2 way SLI I have definitely been maxing them out since GTA 5 was released maybe even as far back as bioshock infinite.  But I do use DSR to get my games up to 4k when I can.  Fallout 4 and GTA 5 don't let me use DSR unless I disable all other graphics effects and even I can't play like that.  Also I would have very much liked to get a really big psu so I'd only be able to use 60-70% of its max output.  Just to save on electricity.  But that didn't happen for me lol 
Trilogy3337
iCX Member
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/11/30 23:21:26 (permalink)
I use a 40" Aquos for a monitor so I just run 1900x1080 res, I also use my 660SC for PhysX.
My second monitor is like 1400x900 and only runs ELeet and Precision. I am running BO3 and Fallout 4 on all High settings and I have no framerate issues.

EVGA X79 Dark
Intel 4820K on HK3.0
16GB worth of Vengeance
EVGA 1300G2
EVGA 660TI
EVGA 660TI
EVGA660SC
SSD's Galore

evilmustang66
FTW Member
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/12/01 15:05:51 (permalink)
I just speaking from experience sent in two 560 ti 448 classys for rma and got back two 660 cards so if wish to send one in and get a different card don't complain cause you were told to let them know about the sli config setup too many have posted on the forums about not getting a matching card back for sli not everything is guaranteed  to be same that why they have that option when you file for rma the ask if running in sli

example if I rma one titan x I will do all three due to sli config

veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/12/01 18:05:43 (permalink)
I have a GTX 660 Ti, but mine has dual fans and its cool as the proverbial cucumber and it has never been a problem. Can't say the same for dodgy drivers from NVIDA.

I use a Corsair 850W PSU and my card hardly uses 75W most of the time, so my PSU like the OP's is plenty

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/12/01 19:09:13 (permalink)
Hello lylewo,

I do see that you have recently contacted our support team in regards to your issue. I have contacted you directly in order to further assist you. I can assure you that our team is here to assist you and anyone that owns an EVGA product and are available 24hrs a day 7 days a week. You can contact us at 888-881-3842 or via email Support@evga.com

Regards,
post edited by EVGATech_JamesL - 2015/12/01 19:22:45

lylewo
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/12/01 19:27:04 (permalink)
evilmustang66
I just speaking from experience sent in two 560 ti 448 classys for rma and got back two 660 cards so if wish to send one in and get a different card don't complain cause you were told to let them know about the sli config setup too many have posted on the forums about not getting a matching card back for sli not everything is guaranteed  to be same that why they have that option when you file for rma the ask if running in sli

example if I rma one titan x I will do all three due to sli config

DON'T get uppity with me I've told them every time I have a SLI set up and they've sent me back an identical card EVERY TIME.  I've never posted on here before and I didn't think the model of the card was the problem, or my left over good card may not work with another good card.  After 3 RMAs I'll use any solution that may help.  I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT GETTING A DIFFERENT CARD JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT WOULD HELP.  Work on your reading comprehension.  And their RMA process only looks at cards individually so it may get messed up if you send both of them in at the same time since they have to exchange serial/model numbers on two cards at once separately so they may loose track of which was the original.  I can read a blurb next to a check box gawd this is why I don't post on forums. 
EVGATech_ChrisB
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 2032
Re: 4th time RMAing my 660 tis over the past 2 years 7 months. PLEASE I need a real solut 2015/12/02 10:35:33 (permalink)
Dear lylewo,

Thank you for your posts and for your feedback.  I assure you that all of our products both re-certified and new have high quality components in use and if you are having a failure with the same product over time then we can only assume that either there is another issue at hand or the card has just unfortunately had a failure.  I assure you that we want to help you and anyone else that needs help to find a solution.  

I am showing that in this case we have offered to move you to a more recent model, as it is a newer product and hopefully this will help to stop the problem if the card was the issue.  Please however understand that if the same failure continues we would like to help you to try and exchange the power supply and then if after that the same failure should occur, we would recommend looking into exchanging the motherboard as these other components can also cause issues with connected products over time.

I am showing that James from our support is trying to work with you and please do not hesitate to let us know if you should need further support. chrisb@evga.com

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile