EVGA

OSD not working

Author
ctr2sprt
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/11/27 17:03:49 (permalink)
How do you get the OSD to display?  I tick the "OSD" button on the Precision X 16 screen and it lights up, but nothing else happens.  I bound some keys to the OSD toggle/on/off settings and they work -- I can watch the "OSD" button light or dim based on which keys I'm pressing -- but they don't make an OSD appear either.  Thinking that maybe the OSD deliberately doesn't work just in Explorer, I started a game.  No OSD there either.

Is there some other software I have to download?  I saw mention of both RTSS and Precision Server, although apparently neither is required for Precision X 16.  I downloaded and ran RTSS anyway and it made no difference: still no OSD.  I couldn't find anywhere to download Precision Server so I didn't test that.

Am I missing some crucial step, or is my system incompatible in a way that prevents the OSD from working at all?  Should it work just on the desktop, without any game launched?  If not, is there a list of games where it definitely works so I can find one to test with?

4 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: OSD not working 2015/11/27 17:14:45 (permalink)
    In the lower left, there is a settings button or menu button. Open that. It is in the precision main screen right above the precision build.

You will see a drop down and it should say power target, or something. Under that will be a list of places to display and the gpu to monitor. The top button should be OSD. Select that and however many gpu's you have.

Hit ok at the bottom of the screen.. Hit ok every time you change something.

Go to the drop down, select the gpu clocks. Highlight the gpu you want to monitor again, hit ok.

Do this through all of the things you want to monitor, and hit ok, then try your OSD.
    ctr2sprt
    Re: OSD not working 2015/11/27 21:31:08 (permalink)
    In the course of following your instructions I realized that I wasn't running the latest version (the text didn't say what you said it should, so I checked).  I upgraded and just like that it started working.  During the upgrade it complained about not being able to stop two "Precision Server" processes.  I killed them manually.  Don't know if it was the upgrade, killing those rogue processes, or something else entirely, but now it works.

Thanks!
    Shelledfade
    • Total Posts : 90
    Re: OSD not working 2015/11/30 15:30:13 (permalink)
    OSD isn't showing up in fallout 4 or the witcher 3.
    Frenchstud
    Re: OSD not working 2015/12/02 14:26:45 (permalink)
    you kinda see the OSD when game is in background window, but as SOON as you alt-tab or put game in focus, OSD disappears
    only way to see OSD is to turn off OSD, force close server, then reactivate OSD and then OSD pops up again(maybe) and AGAIN, as soon as you put game in focus, BOOM disappears again
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile