Remote registry

Author
PanzerMensch
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1946
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
2015/11/26 16:24:38 (permalink)
Disabling services is usually my routine after a fresh install, yet this time around last weekend I was kind of set on installing my games and forgot. Questions are; is Remote Registry enabled or disabled by default in Win10? And if enabled (automatic/manual), should it be running???.. because it was. Should I be worried? I have never seen this service running ever and am now wondering if someone was messing about. Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

James_L
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4336
    • Ribbons : 46
    Re: Remote registry 2015/11/26 16:32:34 (permalink)
    PanzerMensch
    Disabling services is usually my routine after a fresh install, yet this time around last weekend I was kind of set on installing my games and forgot. Questions are; is Remote Registry enabled or disabled by default in Win10? And if enabled (automatic/manual), should it be running???.. because it was. Should I be worried? I have never seen this service running ever and am now wondering if someone was messing about. Thanks

Remote registry should be disabled regardless. It's not a necessary service you need to be running. Especially if you aren't connected to a domain with group policies enabled and pushed. The default settings is set to 'automatic'.

PanzerMensch
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1946
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Remote registry 2015/11/26 16:39:29 (permalink)
    James_L
    PanzerMensch

Remote registry should be disabled regardless. It's not a necessary service you need to be running. Especially if you aren't connected to a domain with group policies enabled and pushed. The default settings is set to 'automatic'.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I know I should have disabled it along with some other services but it totally slipped my mind. So it is automatic by default, thanks.
    post edited by PanzerMensch - 2015/11/26 16:52:46
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile