EK WaterBlocks Discussion, Help & Question Thread

Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Author
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 16:57:53 (permalink)
Ha, like I said, you are a funny guy.

Remember, I said we should ask EVGA to stop changing the manufacturing process, which was making the screw port smaller. You asked EK, who is always consistent, to change their screws to fit the backplate. Rest aasured EVGA made the change and EK stayed consistent.

I am truly impressed by your spirit for being wrong.
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/02 02:06:41 (permalink)
All kidding aside you might wanna read EK's most recent reply below, (2 hours ago). Yes I opened another ticket just for you. Rest assurred.... uh think again

"Hello again
We made it compatible because so many customers were asking about it and our engineers made the water block this way. What is changed, sadly I can't tell you in details, but I know that the screws now fit."

Yes this is direct from EK support, not evga.
So it appears my speculation from post #420 (yeah read it again) could be correct so I cannot fault you for being Impressed. From the start I have said that my request would benefit
the watercooling community not just a selfish request to benefit myself & it appears Many others agreed. Well everyone but you.

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/02 02:47:06 (permalink)
Lol.. That is all I have for you. A screw the same size as before fits through a hole it didn't fit through before... Yeah, I am sure EK magically made the EVGA hole wider while creating the block.

If you get an actual answer, which shows ek actually changed something (customer support usually doesn't do production work) and it was a screw size change , I will gladly apologize. Until then, a m3 screw didn't change size.

Also, your comment about me enjoying my blocks without backplates.. 3 of my stock backplates are going on tonight when my new fittings get in. 1 card is going under a copper pot. So yeah, 3 will enjoy water while 1 enjoys DICE.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/10/02 03:08:37
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/09 18:04:24 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Lol.. That is all I have for you. A screw the same size as before fits through a hole it didn't fit through before... Yeah, I am sure EK magically made the EVGA hole wider while creating the block.

If you get an actual answer, which shows ek actually changed something (customer support usually doesn't do production work) and it was a screw size change , I will gladly apologize. Until then, a m3 screw didn't change size.

I bet it is, I dont expect a response from you..... or wait what am I talkin about you have had stupid responses starting over a month ago & just ended a week ago. I'm sure you will have some ridiculous comment & try to weasle your way out of it but its confirmed. I have the new WB just havent installed it yet but I will post the Instructions here for you to see.

I quote one of the very first ignorant things you said "Why should ek start using m2.5 screw just because evga changed one screw hole size?" I gave you a list of reasons and my answer remains the same but most importantly to keep their paying customers happy and to build a product that attaches to another product so that it is as compatible as it can be. As you can see from the manual that is exactly what they did they changed the screws from M3 to M2.5, something you said would NEVER happen.

PAGE1 

Let me guess you still think it would have made more sense to ask EVGA to redesign & rebuild the 980ti kingpin after it was already on the market than 
to ask EK before the development & redering stages had begun to design the waterblock in way that it is compatible with the gpu?
Cause its so difficult for a company that uses hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cnc milling & laser cutting machines etc. to change one bit from M3 to M2.5.
I can just imagine the massive undertaking that must have been. Who's mad now?

I just want to say to EK THANK YOU for granting my request, im sure that it wasnt done just cause I asked but many of us loyal EK customers requested it. At one point I was almost done with
EK because of the whole EK-FC780 compatibility advertising mistake but they made it right and I stuck it out and Im glad I did. Its nice to know their are still companies
that listen to their customers feedback and use it to improve their products! Thanks.

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/09 18:43:03 (permalink)
sdmf74

I bet it is, I dont expect a response from you..... or wait what am I talkin about you have had stupid responses starting over a month ago & just ended a week ago. I'm sure you will have some ridiculous comment & try to weasle your way out of it but its confirmed.

I just want to say to EK THANK YOU for granting my request, im sure that it wasnt done just cause I asked but many of us loyal EK customers requested it. At one point I was almost done with
EK because of the whole EK-FC780 compatibility advertising mistake but they made it right and I stuck it out and Im glad I did. Its nice to know their are still companies
that listen to their customers feedback and use it to improve their products! Thanks.

I told you if they changed the screw size I would apologize. Just because you think I wont,doesn't mean I am not a man of my word.

I apologize for being wrong. I didn't expect EK to change their screw size, but they did, and it is obviously for the best.

You were right. I was never mad.

P.S.  I never said they should rebuild the 980ti.  Reread everything, and you will see that I stated they used a smaller hole size on the Backplate of the 980KPE.. and they should use the original.. aka, stay consistent/use the same size.  I know that is a hard concept to grasp, but had they actually done that, this would have never come up in the first place.  

Thanks to EK going down to m2.5, I would like for you to post pictures showing if the screws fit flush inside the backplate.  The manual isn't available online, and the site still shows the 980ti KPE is affixed with M3x4 screws, so you should fire over an email and request that update, since again, you are correct.  

On last time, I apologize for wanting EVGA to stay consistent so EKWB doesn't have to keep adjusting things.  (Note: the Firmware port error on EVGA's part that affected every waterblock on release, as well as the backplate change.. that is two on one card, that EKWB had to adjust for, if you don't remember.)
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/10/09 19:02:50
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/09 19:30:04 (permalink)
I'll post pics when its done I just need to get started got a few things to change.
I posted the manual above did you not see, thats most of it.

I dont know why EVGA changed the screw size but Im sure they had a good reason, anyway it all worked out in the end.

Apology accepted 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/09 19:42:53 (permalink)
sdmf74
I'll post pics when its done I just need to get started got a few things to change.
I posted the manual above did you not see, thats most of it.

I dont know why EVGA changed the screw size but Im sure they had a good reason, anyway it all worked out in the end.

Apology accepted 

I saw your pictures,but black and white makes it really hard to see the screws. I would definitrly like to see the finished pictures so we can see how the screws are.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30991
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/14 12:53:05 (permalink)
Help required sourcing the following O-ring for EK-FC GPU blocks to FC Terminal.

I have looked on these websites: EK  & Performance-pcs.com and talked to CS at Performance-pcs.

I could not locate a part number much less a way to order this part: O-ring 15x1 mm

I need two and would like to have spares. 

I just purchased; EK-FC Terminal Blank Parallel, Model: EK-FC-TERMINAL-BLANK-PAR and they mention the screws are enclosed; but, no mention of the O-rings

My Asus MB spacing requires the EK-FC  Terminal Triple, for my 2-way SLI.

So, how does one get these O-rings?
post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/10/14 13:22:17

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2037
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/14 13:18:41 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Help required sourcing the following O-ring for EK-FC GPU blocks to FC Terminal.

I have looked on these websites: EK  & Performance-pcs.com and talked to CS at Performance-pcs.

I could not locate a part number much less a way to order this part: O-ring 15X1 mm

I need two and would like to have spares. 

I just purchased; EK-FC Terminal Blank Parallel, Model: EK-FC-TERMINAL-BLANK-PAR and they mention the screws are enclosed; but, no mention of the O-rings

My Asus MB spacing requires the EK-FC  Terminal Triple, for my 2-way SLI.

So, how does one get these O-rings?

there are 2 o rings included with the blank 
i also think i remember getting 2 extras with the terminal blocks also
post edited by Pgcmoore - 2015/10/14 13:25:39

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"    

My Affiliate Code is  05G-UGD-GZVU

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/14 13:25:33 (permalink)
Pgcmoore

Thanks for the quick reply Pgcmoore.

I'm glad they come with the blank.  Performance-pcs customer service could not confirm that they came with the blanks I just ordered.

My terminal block was previously owned and did not include any O-rings or screws.

Trying to finish my custom loop this weekend and was worried I'd be stopped in my tracks - short some O-rings.
post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/10/14 13:28:47

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/14 13:27:24 (permalink)
Cool GTX
Pgcmoore

Thanks for the quick reply Pgcmoore.

I'm glad they come with the blank.  Performance-pcs customer service could not confirm that they came with the blanks I just ordered.

had to get the same for the new Z170 i have, triple with the blank in the middle 

post edited by Pgcmoore - 2015/10/14 13:34:09

Attached Image(s)

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/14 13:39:56 (permalink)
It would still be nice to know how to order just the O-rings. 

Unless these are silicone O-rings; don't they have to be changed annually?

My first custom loop, just getting up to speed.

I have:
GPUs - EK-FC Acetal + Nickel blocks on my pair of Titan X SC, along with the back plate.
CPU - EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Full Nickel, Model: EK-SUPREMACY-EVO-FULLNK
EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir, Model: EK-RES-X3-250

Going to use two 120 x 360 rads, swifteck 655 pump and PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 1/2in.  ID by 3/4in.  OD hose.

post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/10/14 14:12:21

EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/15 05:09:08 (permalink)
Cool GTX

I have:
GPUs - EK-FC Acetal + Nickel blocks on my pair of Titan X SC, along with the back plate.
CPU - EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Full Nickel, Model: EK-SUPREMACY-EVO-FULLNK

Going to use two 120 x 360 rads, swifteck 655 pump and PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 1/2in.  ID by 3/4in.  OD hose.

I answered your PM 

Also, you don't have to change the o-rings on a yearly basis.  I have some CSQ blocks here that are about 3 years old and they still have there original o-rings and are still sealing very well.
Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/15 05:20:15 (permalink)
Luc, are the 1x15 o-rings available? if so, where?

EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/15 05:39:12 (permalink)
Pgcmoore

For now they are only available from the support ticket system on our website.

Since the FrozenCPU meltdown, we don't have any partner in North America that keeps our small replacement parts (o-rings, screws, standoffs, etc...) so customers need to ask for replacements to our support team.  But we are currently working with a partner that might finally bring that kind of support for small parts in our part of the world. 
Pgcmoore
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/15 05:41:26 (permalink)
EK_Luc
Pgcmoore

For now they are only available from the support ticket system on our website.

Since the FrozenCPU meltdown, we don't have any partner in North America that keeps our small replacement parts (o-rings, screws, standoffs, etc...) so customers need to ask for replacements to our support team.  But we are currently working with a partner that might finally bring that kind of support for small parts in our part of the world. 

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/15 12:26:57 (permalink)
EK_Luc
Cool GTX

I have:

I answered your PM 

Also, you don't have to change the o-rings on a yearly basis.  I have some CSQ blocks here that are about 3 years old and they still have there original o-rings and are still sealing very well.

Thank you, for the prompt response, Luc.

GO EK,

Products are great - but support is equally as important and EK understands this!

Note, it would be a positive change if the EK - (web instruction & web description) stated that the O-rings are included with the terminal plate.  The screws are stated to be enclosed; but, the O-ring status is not mentioned.
post edited by Cool GTX - 2015/10/16 07:47:12

Page: << < ..1112131415 Showing page 15 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile