Transferable Warranty Question

Author
n0xpd
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/10/03 20:50:23 (permalink)
I read this from another thread I cannot put a link to:
"EVGA offers a transferable warranty for products shipped new from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011 so long as the product is in its original factory condition and retains all of the factory labels and stickers. The transferred warranty will not exceed 3 years from the products shipping date from EVGA and will also not exceed the original warranty offered on the product."

If I understand it correctly, the product I bought from Amazon a year ago, with 2 years EVGA warranty remaining cannot be transferred to a secondary owner?

Please advise.
Thanks.
post edited by n0xpd - 2015/10/03 20:53:24

1 Reply Related Threads

EddieH
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 2016
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Transferable Warranty Question 2015/10/03 22:19:02 (permalink)
    Hello N0xpd,

Welcome to the EVGA Forums.  There is a very easy way to determine if your product is eligible for the transferable warranty or if a product you are thinking of purchasing has a transferable warranty.  From the main EVGA.com site, click on the Support tab, and click on Guest RMA:  http://www.evga.com/support/guestregister.asp

You will enter your products serial number and hit continue.  If the product does carry a transferable warranty it will display the following:

Serial Number:  (SN entered) 
    Part Number:    (Part Number)
    Shipped Date:   XX/XX/20XX
    The days left for warranty period : XXXX Days
    Do you want to submit an RMA request?

If you see the above information, then the product you entered does have a transferable warranty.  Meaning you can sell the product to a friend and they would have the number of days left of warranty listed under "The days left for warranty period :"   or if you were thinking of buying a EVGA product from a friend, you can check the warranty amount you would have. 

If you see a different message such as:  The serial number you entered, may be invalid or out of warranty already.  Then this would indicate that 1) the product doesn't have a transferable warranty or 2) the original ship date was before 7/1/2011, which would not qualify to have a transferable warranty. 

Hope this helps clear up any questions,  should you have any further concerns, then please feel free to contact our 24 hour Technical Support team via email:  SUpport@EVGA.com or phone:  888.881.3842 and press 1.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile