EVGA

LockedNVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver Problem Continues To Cause Horrible Crashes

Author
Travis_Lloyd
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/09/03 22:46:42 (permalink)
"Display Driver NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver Version xxx.xx Stopped Responding And Has Successfully Recovered" (no matter how many updates it goes through nothing changes - I always upgrade to the latest one the moment it is released) continues to plague me through 3 versions of Windows; Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro and now Windows 10 Pro (all 32-bit). I have done everything that has been suggested, including running the Windows System File Checker dozens of times (always comes up clean with no corrupted or missing files whatsoever), ran MemTest for 10 hours straight, no RAM problems, ran AIDA64 Extreme for 8 hours straight to test the video card and power supply, no problems, hard drive is only about 1/4 full and has been completely defragged, I'm totally virus & spyware-free and I don't have any strange or exotic programs which run in the background (we used to call 'em "TSRs" back in the old days) and I don't play games of any kind!  All I do is use Word, Excel, Outlook and surf the Internet occasionally. This is nuts; it's been bad and it's getting worse; the crashes come as often as every hour and whereas before they didn't shut down the computer now they're starting to. I've seen hundreds (probably thousands) of posts about this going back years and nothing seems to have changed; platitudes & suggestions from Tech Support that go exactly nowhere.  Surely somebody, somewhere can come up with an answer as to why this is happening and a fix for it! It's in the process of ruining the reputation of (what I once considered to be) the primo video card manufacturer in the World, NVIDIA. Thanks & standing by...
System Specs:
Dell Vostro i7 CPU
EVGA GeForce GT 520 video card
4GB of RAM
1TB hard drive
Windows 10 Professional (32-bit)
MS Office Home & Business 2013

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver Problem Continues To Cause Horrible Crashes 2015/09/03 23:18:54 (permalink)
    What driver are you currently running?
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver Problem Continues To Cause Horrible Crashes 2015/09/03 23:51:37 (permalink)

Locking as a triplicate thread:  http://forums.evga.com/Diagnostic-Utilities-m2388637.aspx#2388640

Last time I can tell you not to do repeat threads. Next time warning.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile