EVGA

EVGA P55 LE: Intel MEI driver won't load and device manager wants something

Author
Easytimes455
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/09/03 19:26:00 (permalink)
I just upgraded my EVGA P55 LE based system with an SSD boot drive. I had problems getting it to migrate from the 640 gig HDD to the 512 gig SSD, so I just installed the Windows 7 OS in custom mode, and went with the more tedious installation. After getting everything going, I noticed that my device manager had one of those little yellow warning signs in it.

The problem DM listing fell under the dreaded "Other Devices and was simply labeled Serial ATA controller. After loading all of my drivers I was unable to load the Intel Management Engine driver... that was the only failure, and from the Serial ATA Controller Properties page, it stated; "No drivers are required or have been loaded for this device." When I tried to load the driver from the EVGA support site, it said, "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." In reading around on other sites, the motherboard seems to be the place to look for a remedy. I'm suspecting that the exclamation warning is for the Intel MEI driver problem, although I'm hoping things might turn out more simple in nature.

I'm running a Core i7 870 CPU with 8 gigs of RAM and an EVGA GTS250 vid card and an Antec 550 Watt PSU. I have a Canon IP4920 printer and an Epson 4490 Scanner connected.

At this point, things seem to work, but I feel sure the lack of that driver will build errors for me and cause problems later... if not sooner. I don't know if these are related, but my printer works, but I can't print directly from an email, no matter how hard I try. I can, however, snip a part of the email and paste it in an image app and print it easily enough, but no printing directly from emails.

I just hope someone has something to offer for this problem. I have another SSD I installed on a Z77 board that went much more smoothly, and the difference in performance between the two machines is a bit more than I would expect from two identical SSDs, but I could be wrong about that. These are my first adventures in SSD world.
Thanks

Core i7 870
G.Skill 1333 2x4
EVGA P55LE
EVGA GS 250 1G
CM Hyper 212+
CM 600 Silent Pro

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile