Comcast Testing $30 Charge For Unlimited Data In Florida

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2015/09/01 22:49:31 (permalink)
http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/23453/comcast-testing-usd-30-charge-for-unlimited-data-in-florida/

"...this fee immediately makes sense if someone is using over 450 GB of data per month..."

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

drunkie
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1391
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Comcast Testing $30 Charge For Unlimited Data In Florida 2015/09/02 00:03:24 (permalink)
    lol now charging more to go back to what they had before. total ripoff. 
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Comcast Testing $30 Charge For Unlimited Data In Florida 2015/09/02 01:48:10 (permalink)
    Wow. I have no data cap with my ISP nor did I when I was with Charter.

If you signed up for service and had unlimited, they can't just change that. I don't believe so. I'm grandfathered in with Verizon Wireless unlimited data and they can't just take me off of it, so I don't think that a cable company can either.

I would never ever use that ISP ever again. People need to stick up for their rights and if everybody switched from them I bet it would rethink that approach.

drunkie
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1391
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Comcast Testing $30 Charge For Unlimited Data In Florida 2015/09/02 02:15:21 (permalink)
    SiAScORCH

If you signed up for service and had unlimited, they can't just change that. I don't believe so. I'm grandfathered in with Verizon Wireless unlimited data and they can't just take me off of it, so I don't think that a cable company can either.

I would never ever use that ISP ever again. People need to stick up for their rights and if everybody switched from them I bet it would rethink that approach.

switch to who. i don't live in florida or in any of the trail areas where comcast is using caps. but there is not otehr real options  other comcrap where i live. i could get dsl but the speeds are far slower. these companies have a monopoly ion most areas
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Comcast Testing $30 Charge For Unlimited Data In Florida 2015/09/02 02:21:27 (permalink)
    drunkie
    SiAScORCH

switch to who. i don't live in florida or in any of the trail areas where comcast is using caps. but there is not otehr real options  other comcrap where i live. i could get dsl but the speeds are far slower. these companies have a monopoly ion most areas

I would switch to DSL. Anything. If a lot of customers were to cut off service because of this, they would make adjustments. The cap is only in place to make more money.

When Verizon tried to force me off my unlimited data, you know what I did for a year and a half? I used wifi tethering and I dropped my cable internet and used my phone internet for gaming, streaming, Netflix. I also would find a large 16GB file to download when I slept and would delete it when I woke up. This eventually got boring so I stopped after 6 months(downloading and deleting). Though for those 6 months I used over 900GB of data.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile