• Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/08/11 13:06:31 (permalink)
USA

Upgrading from a 980 to a 980Ti

Initiated request 6/29
Got into queue 8/3
Processed payment 8/6
Mailed off yesterday, it is delivered, but not "Received" yet.

10 Replies Related Threads

SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/11 23:57:56 (permalink)
    LVNeptune
    USA

Upgrading from a 980 to a 980Ti

Initiated request 6/29
    Got into queue 8/3
    Processed payment 8/6
    Mailed off yesterday, it is delivered, but not "Received" yet.

Odd, perhaps they delivered to the wrong place?

LVNeptune
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 287
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/12 11:34:32 (permalink)
    Doubtful. It says it can take them around 3 days to check in Step-Ups. My "Shipped Out" switched to "Pending" now though. Maybe it'll go out today.
    SiAScORCH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 783
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/13 00:19:54 (permalink)
    Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought your new card was delivered but not received by you.

LVNeptune
    iCX Member
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/13 09:17:56 (permalink)
    Received in yesterday. I really hope it ships tonight otherwise I'm missing the weekend with my card =/
    LVNeptune
    iCX Member
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/14 09:00:08 (permalink)
    I have to say, these restrictions on these packages are RIDICULOUS. Someone over 21 has to sign for the package (what if the person who owns the card is 18 and lives by themselves, they can't have their card anymore?), you can't redirect the package, you can't have it held at the UPS office, you can't specify a time to have it delivered, weekday only delivery, and 3 attempts. I am literally having to take an unpaid day off of work to wait on a package. I've had packages delivered valued at much more that never had such restrictions. Whoever does your shipping really needs to re-evaluate the situation. I am literally losing money for this step-up :(
    Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/21 06:49:08 (permalink)
    LVNeptune
    I have to say, these restrictions on these packages are RIDICULOUS. Someone over 21 has to sign for the package (what if the person who owns the card is 18 and lives by themselves, they can't have their card anymore?), you can't redirect the package, you can't have it held at the UPS office, you can't specify a time to have it delivered, weekday only delivery, and 3 attempts. I am literally having to take an unpaid day off of work to wait on a package. I've had packages delivered valued at much more that never had such restrictions. Whoever does your shipping really needs to re-evaluate the situation. I am literally losing money for this step-up :(

The restrictions are in place for various reasons to one protect your investment and EVGA as well. It's an expensive item being placed in a box and being mailed out. What if UPS just decided to leave it on your door and someone took it? You'd be out several hundred dollars at that point.  I'm sure EVGA can make exceptions for signatures in the case of minors but that's something you would need to convey to them. Instead of posting here did you even attempt to contact EVGA to see if they could help resolve the situation?

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    LVNeptune
    iCX Member
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/21 08:40:39 (permalink)
    I wouldn't be out anything, that's what insurance is for. I have had $2,000-$3,000 gaming laptops dropped off without a signature in the past, that's not the issue.

Since when is 18-20 years old a minor?

They couldn't rectify anything since they sent out the package AFTER they closed.

I don't care about the previous points I just made, the fact they BLOCK you from having the package left at a UPS facility for pickup is ridiculous. Any package that has required a signature you simply call in and tell them to hold it at the UPS facility and you go pick it up. They placed every block possible so if you are unable to stay home, you can't get the package. Simple as that.

My friend just went through step-up yesterday and the options he has and the options I had a month ago aren't even the same now. I paid for overnight, that option is gone. There's a tick box that charges you to get a signature on the package now.
    Stephenk291
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1023
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/21 08:48:03 (permalink)
    LVNeptune
    I wouldn't be out anything, that's what insurance is for. I have had $2,000-$3,000 gaming laptops dropped off without a signature in the past, that's not the issue.

Since when is 18-20 years old a minor?

They couldn't rectify anything since they sent out the package AFTER they closed.

I don't care about the previous points I just made, the fact they BLOCK you from having the package left at a UPS facility for pickup is ridiculous. Any package that has required a signature you simply call in and tell them to hold it at the UPS facility and you go pick it up. They placed every block possible so if you are unable to stay home, you can't get the package. Simple as that.

My friend just went through step-up yesterday and the options he has and the options I had a month ago aren't even the same now. I paid for overnight, that option is gone. There's a tick box that charges you to get a signature on the package now.

I'm aware of the blocks, I've done several setups myself and I just have them shipped to my office and the receptionist can sign for them..makes it easy for me. I also understand the blocks are a bit overwhelming especially the UPS pick-up one but I guess EVGA has a reason for being so strict on it. As far as you being out the money yes they more than likely insure your packages but fighting UPS/USPS over an item that was marked as delivered but then stolen is an uphill battle. (I've dealt with it before, takes weeks/months)

As far as 18-20 being a minor I believe that's UPS requirement to be 21, I thought it was 18 at least years ago but I haven't had to deal with such issues for many years now as I'm not that young. As far as not being able to change anything the shipper has plenty of time AFTER an item has shipped to change a variety of things and its much easier when its a company shipping than an individual to have the carrier change delivery addresses and a variety of other options.  At any rate live and learn I suppose.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
    TahoeDust
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 330
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/31 09:05:54 (permalink)
    They require a signature and won't let it be held for pick-up?  That is completely asinine.  If there is a good reason for this, I would love to hear it.
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Just posting update for everyone regarding my StepUp wait time 2015/08/31 11:48:59 (permalink)
    Hello TahoeDust, 

I do apologize for any inconveniences. Please understand that the signature requirement is there to ensure that your package is delivered and received as a protection to your investment and to EVGA. Once your package has shipped and you receive the UPS tracking number, if there are any issues with you receiving your package please do no hesitate to contact our support team directly 24/7 at 888-881-3842 so that we can assist you in any way we can. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile