EK WaterBlocks Discussion, Help & Question Thread

Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 14 of 15
Author
EK_Luc
EK Forum Support
  • Total Posts : 324
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/12 07:49:19 (permalink)
thebestmaxi
@EK_Luc

Allright, thank you!

So this will fit my 980 Ti Classy?
EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Nickel
EAN: 3831109868607

But will this Backplate also Fit?
EK-FC780 GTX Classy Backplate - Black Rev.2.0
EAN: 3831109868683

Because there is no info about the 980 TI Classy, only about the KNGPN?

Or is the original 980 TI Classy Backplate the better choice?

The EK backplate is listed as compatible with the card.

As for the EVGA backplate, it's probably doable but you will have to provide your own screws and possibly mod the backplate itself.  I can't promise it will work.
FlankerWang
  • Total Posts : 56
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/12 09:28:13 (permalink)
EK_Luc
thebestmaxi
So there are no Waterblocks (which provide full cooling on the pcb, not only the gpu chip, also vram and the other ones (all) for the 980 Ti Classified or KNGPN?

The EK 780 Classy that fits on the 980 Ti Classy, covers everything except the memory vrm at the end of the card but those one don't get that hot.

The block for the 980 Ti KPE is currently being designed so no ETA for now

Great news. Better late than never
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 00:34:56 (permalink)
@ EK Please keep us posted on a release date for the new 980ti K|NGP|N Waterblock?

& I have already opened a case/ticket with EK requesting that you guys PLEASE????? manufacture the waterblock so that the stock EVGA backplate will work? Even if we have to buy longer screws thats no big deal. The issue is the stock bP uses smaller than M3 screws this time unlike my 780ti kingpin card.
The stock BP usually has better cooling, nicer aesthetics & doesnt cover up the switches on the back of the card.

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 14:44:15 (permalink)
sdmf74
@ EK Please keep us posted on a release date for the new 980ti K|NGP|N Waterblock?

& I have already opened a case/ticket with EK requesting that you guys PLEASE????? manufacture the waterblock so that the stock EVGA backplate will work? Even if we have to buy longer screws thats no big deal. The issue is the stock bP uses smaller than M3 screws this time unlike my 780ti kingpin card.
The stock BP usually has better cooling, nicer aesthetics & doesnt cover up the switches on the back of the card.

EK's manufacturing doesn't change. M3x8 screws worked with every generation and then EVGA made the hole in the backplate smaller than the m3 size, so ask evga to make the hole larger, not ek to change get their entire manufacturing process.
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 19:47:16 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
sdmf74

EK's manufacturing doesn't change. M3x8 screws worked with every generation and then EVGA made the hole in the backplate smaller than the m3 size, so ask evga to make the hole larger, not ek to change get their entire manufacturing process.

Seriously, This has got to be one of the stupidest responses I have ever read. Do you work for EK or something? How do you know that EK's manufacturing doesnt change cause I got a reply
stating that they will forward my request to the research department & get back to me with an answer. Doesnt seem like that guy was aware of your policy.
You do know that the 980Ti Kingpin has been designed, manufactured, assembled, tested & released for retail dont you? If you need some more info about it you can go Here.
Why would I ask a company to rebuild their entire product from scratch when EK has just begun research & development on their accompanying product. Waterblock's are
designed to work with graphics cards not the other other way around & its not unheard of for companies to listen to feedback from their customers to implement ideas & changes
in future products to make them better, it benefits everyone. Let me ask you this if you purchased a 980ti kingpin would you want to slap a waterblock on it & not use a backplate?
Or use a third party BP that covers important switches & provides inferior cooling?

Asus Maximus XIII Hero, CaseLabs Merlin SM8, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA w/ EK QUANTUM VECTOR Nickel WB, EVGA superNOVA 1300 G2, Intel I9-11900K, EK Velocity, Aquacomputer D5 PWM Pump, G Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 32gb, Samsung 980 Pro 1tb, 970 Evo Plus 1tb, 960 Pro 512gb, 850 Pro 512gb, 860 Evo 1tb 850 Evo 1tb, Wooting One, Razer Viper, Sennheiser G4me Zero, Asus PG279Q, EK D-RGB LED Strips

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 19:55:58 (permalink)
sdmf74
Seriously, This has got to be one of the stupidest responses I have ever read. Do you work for EK or something? How do you know that EK's manufacturing doesnt change cause I got a reply
stating that they will forward my request to the research department & get back to me with an answer. Doesnt seem like that guy was aware of your policy.
You do know that the 980Ti Kingpin has been designed, manufactured, assembled, tested & released for retail dont you? If you need some more info about it you can go Here.
Why would I ask a company to rebuild their entire product from scratch when EK has just begun research & development on their accompanying product. Waterblock's are
designed to work with graphics cards not the other other way around & its not unheard of for companies to listen to feedback from their customers to implement ideas & changes
in future products to make them better, it benefits everyone. Let me ask you this if you purchased a 980ti kingpin would you want to slap a waterblock on it & not use a backplate?
Or use a third party BP that covers important switches & provides inferior cooling?

You can get as mad as you want..

700series and prior, the m3 screw would fit through the EVGA backplate. When the 980 K|ngp|n was released, the only change was the screw hole on the backplate, so therefore, EVGA changed the size of the hole. Widening the hole 1/32 of an inch allowed the same m3x8 screws I have been using for nearly two years to fit.

So, again, ek hasn't changed the thread size in many generation, but SUDDENLY a screw doesn't fit where it used to, so that points to evga making a small change on the backplate.

Why should ek start using m2.5 screw just because evga changed one screw hole size?

It's kind of like when EK manufactured the 980 kpe Waterblock and EVGA added some pins on the production model gpu... This is the same thing... Weird isn't it.

Now, when ek launches the 980ti KPE, if you grab some m3x8 screws, and use a drill to slightly open the EVGA backplate screw holes just a tiny bit, you will be able to keep your backplate. Asking the Waterblock company to change their screw size for you is just amusing.

The AMD gpu blocks, the Nvidia GPU blocks, the universal gpu blocks... All of them use m3x4 screws. The x6-x8 screws allow length to accommodate the backplate. There is, of course, a possibility that they would change their entire manufacturing process because you suggested it, but it's unlikely since every single gpu block they have already has the m3 standoffs... Why change everything because one person can't adapt?

Thermosphere : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.

Fury X : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.

290x : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.

Radeon 7xx0 series : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.

GTX 780 Classy : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws.

GTX 980ti strix : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws and washers.

GTX 970 : Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws and washers.

There is one block with m2.5x4 the GTX 750 : Block is mounted with enclosed M2,5x4 DIN7985 screws. Funny enough, the mounting screws used from Nvidia were also a different size and pattern than any other Nvidia card out and no universal blocks would even fit it.. How do I know? Before ek made a 750 block, I modified my card to fit the Block and the screws wouldn't fit... :-o
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/08/30 20:24:26
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 20:28:42 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
sdmf74

You can get as mad as you want.. My is the gernarlized thread pattern that ek uses on their blocks.. How do I know.. 8 waterblocks installing and actually helping people find the size that fits their block, maybe?

700series and prior, the m3 screw would fit through the EVGA backplate. When the 980 K|ngp|n was released, the only change was the screw hole on the backplate, so there for, evga changed the size of the hole. Widening the hole 1/32 of an inch allowed the same m3x8 screws I have been using for nearly two years to fit.

So, again, ek hasn't changed the thread size in many generation, but SUDDENLY a screw doesn't fit where it used to, so that points to evga making a small change on the backplate.

Why should ek start using m2.5 screw just because evga changed one screw hole size?

Is that good enough for you, or not? You mad?

It's kind of like when EK manufactured the 980 kpe Waterblock and EVGA added some pins on the production model... This is the same thing... Weird isn't it.

Im not mad but ill try to respond to your reply im just having trouble deciphering it. Just because you've owned several EK waterblocks doesnt mean they have a dont listen to feedback
or improve our products policy. What it comes down to is making a product that is designed as an addon to another product 100% compatible or not. Seems like a no brainer to me
but you choose to disagree for some reason. 
Why should ek start using m2.5 screw just because evga changed one screw hole size? Well let me see...
-so the stock backplate will fit
-Cause thats the definition of making a waterblock compatible
-so the rear switches are accessible
-because thats what 99% of their customers want
-better cooling than a 3rd part BP
-better aesthetics
-because thats what they do,lol
-a BP provides more rigidity in an already heavy graphics card
This is a waterblock discussion "help" thread dont you think it would have been more reasonable to say "hey man I encountered the same issue & what I did was use such and such
to make these holes larger therefore making the BP work with the waterblock" rather than some ridiculous comment about asking EVGA to remake an entire graphics card
when EK has the oppertunity to design their waterblock to be compatible with it.

Its nothing like your last comment, because of architectural changes in maxwell and many other reasons a vga card needs to change in its layout.
Do you expect EVGA to be like we better keep our layout the same as it was on the 780Ti so that last years EK wb will fit.

edit: I see you changed you whole prior comment & I have better things to do like benchmark my new 980ti kingpin so I will just say this....
You say "asking EK to change their whole product is amusing" but Im not asking them to change ANYTHING! The waterblock has not even been designed yet let alone produced.
Your argument is ridiculous Its like im having a discussion w/ an Invalid so Im gonna end it here

post edited by sdmf74 - 2015/08/30 20:42:57

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 20:35:55 (permalink)
sdmf74
Im not mad but ill try to respond to your reply im just having trouble deciphering it. Just because you've owned several EK waterblocks doesnt mean they have a dont listen to feedback
or improve our products policy. What it comes down to is making a product that is designed as an addon to another product 100% compatible or not. Seems like a no brainer to me
Why should ek start using m2.5 screw just because evga changed one screw hole size? Well let me see...
-better aesthetics
This is a waterblock discussion "help" thread dont you think it would have been more reasonable to say "hey man I encountered the same issue & what I did was use such and such
to make these holes larger therefore making the BP work with the waterblock" rather than some ridiculous comment about asking EVGA to remake an entire graphics card
when EK has the oppertunity to design their waterblock to be compatible with it.

Its nothing like your last comment, because of architectural changes in maxwell and many other reasons a vga card needs to change in its layout.
Do you expect EVGA to be like we better keep our layout the same as it was on the 780Ti so that last years EK wb will fit.

I added more above in an edit. You should glance at that.

Notice that the screw hole size of the 750 was the only difference.

Ek makes their products compatible with their own product. So, their backplate fits their Waterblock. Do I agree with them blocking off the switches? Nope.. I sent in multiple requests when the 780ti Kingpin and the 980 Kingpin backplate from EKWB didn't have ports to control the switches... You see how much that changed, right?

I tell you what.. When they release the Block with the m3x4 parts, I will smile in your direction. If they release it with the m2.5, I will send you an apology since you would have made a difference. I am putting my bet on the former, not the latter.

If you want someone to coddle your opinion, then you are on the wrong Internet. I post experience because I have been trying to sway EK for 2 years. EVGA changed the size of the hole in the backplate, which is why the 900 series backplates weren't usable by grabbing a few screws to mount it.

How about ask EVGA to STOP changing their manufacturing processes...
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/08/30 20:39:36
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 20:52:08 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Are you serious, Ill get right on that,LOL like I said, Invalid

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/30 21:14:32 (permalink)
sdmf74
Scarlet-Tech

Are you serious, Ill get right on that,LOL like I said, Invalid

So, you want to ask one company to change all of their waterblocks, because evga changed the size of a screw hole? Please explain... Like I have already proven, only one thing has changed, and it was the screw hole on EVGA's backplate... So, why complain to someone that is consistent.. Seems rather ignorant to ask the company that has consistency (EKWB) to change because of a company that isn't consistent (EVGA)...
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/08/30 21:16:46
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/31 01:11:28 (permalink)
No I asked them to design a future one differently I didnt ask them to change anything & its not just for me its for everyone that purchases an EVGA 980 ti kngpin & EK 980ti waterblock, what are you talkin about and why do you care so much, why is it so important to you for them to not build this product properly?

I havent complained to anybody I simply gave them honest feedback. Whats your deal anyway you sure like to run your mouth. The only thing that seems ignorant is why you want a company that has a business model of designing an add on product completely based on the design of a bigger more expensive product to not conform to the design of said product. Its what they do! Whats your motive & basis for not wanting this to happen? The only result is a better more compatible product and a slew of satisfied customers.
If you buy a new car and want some specific aftermarket rims but they dont fit you dont go to the car manufacturer and tell them to build their car differently, no you either make a request like I did or you spend your money somewhere else. Nuff said.
post edited by sdmf74 - 2015/08/31 01:44:45

sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/31 01:40:26 (permalink)

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/31 06:48:40 (permalink)
Lol, you simply want them to make a new mounting system, instead of using what has worked all along.. Got it.

Let me know how that works for you.

Also, my deal? My deal is that I am realistic and see an issue with one company changing parts and someone asking for a different company to change their manufacturing process to match the company that changes constantly. Think about that.
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/31 07:46:38 (permalink)
No not a new mounting system I still want them to keep using brass standoffs so we can use screws just like before

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/08/31 08:12:36 (permalink)
sdmf74
No not a new mounting system I still want them to keep using brass standoffs so we can use screws just like before

But you want them to change the screw size, since evga changed the screw hole in the backplate? Rather than asking evga to maintain the same size they have always used, which already works with the EK Waterblock?
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/14 10:05:07 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
sdmf74
-better aesthetics

I added more above in an edit. You should glance at that.

Notice that the screw hole size of the 750 was the only difference.

Ek makes their products compatible with their own product. So, their backplate fits their Waterblock. Do I agree with them blocking off the switches? Nope.. I sent in multiple requests when the 780ti Kingpin and the 980 Kingpin backplate from EKWB didn't have ports to control the switches... You see how much that changed, right?

I tell you what.. When they release the Block with the m3x4 parts, I will smile in your direction. If they release it with the m2.5, I will send you an apology since you would have made a difference. I am putting my bet on the former, not the latter.

If you want someone to coddle your opinion, then you are on the wrong Internet. I post experience because I have been trying to sway EK for 2 years. EVGA changed the size of the hole in the backplate, which is why the 900 series backplates weren't usable by grabbing a few screws to mount it.

Hey Charlottetech you might be interested in this email I just recieved from EK. If I remember correctly you were betting on yourself sorry to disappoint and I dont remember your
bet so lets just say I will be awaiting your apology. Guess all your experience and sway with EK means nothing, lol. Oh and by the way the question was if they would build the new waterblock
so the BP is compatible, not whether or not the screws are M2.5.

Thanks Again EK for following up with me and thanks for listening to the requests of your customers and responding!
post edited by sdmf74 - 2015/09/14 10:14:28

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/14 10:41:04 (permalink)
sdmf74
Hey Charlottetech you might be interested in this email I just recieved from EK. If I remember correctly you were betting on yourself sorry to disappoint and I dont remember your
bet so lets just say I will be awaiting your apology. Guess all your experience and sway with EK means nothing, lol. Oh and by the way the question was if they would build the new waterblock
so the BP is compatible, not whether or not the screws are M2.5.

Thanks Again EK for following up with me and thanks for listening to the requests of your customers and responding!

Wow.. Name changing. You are cute. You mad?

What size screws is the K|ngp|n block using?
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 03:33:04 (permalink)
You're suppose to apologize not hit on me, Im a dude btw.

You read the same response from Igor as I did

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 04:31:27 (permalink)
sdmf74
You're suppose to apologize not hit on me, Im a dude btw.

You read the same response from Igor as I did

I told you I would apologize when they said the screw size was 2.5, not 3. You get nothing until that moment. Don't believe me? Reread the quote. You can see it was never edited, since it is exactly what you quoted. Sad face... :-(

You'll just have to wait ;-)
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 04:40:02 (permalink)
Seriously I dont want an apology I was just giving you and the rest of the community EK's response. And I never asked EK to use a specific size screw
or change their process in any way I simply asked if they would make the stock backplate compatible with the new waterblock. If you want the details
on how they did it you will have to ask them.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 05:27:02 (permalink)
sdmf74
Seriously I dont want an apology I was just giving you and the rest of the community EK's response. And I never asked EK to use a specific size screw
or change their process in any way I simply asked if they would make the stock backplate compatible with the new waterblock. If you want the details
on how they did it you will have to ask them.

Let's take you back a few steps.. You are forgetful..

sdmf74 @ EK Please keep us posted on a release date for the new 980ti K|NGP|N Waterblock?

So you admitted that the BACKPLATE changed, and you admitted you asked EK to MANUFACTURE their block to fit the EVGA backplate, since the backplate changed.

Yet, you never requested a "specific size". M2.5 would be the next size down. If you didn't know that, now you do, your welcome.

sdmf74 You're suppose to apologize...
your words, not mine. I told you WHEN and What I would issue an apology before.

If EVGA used the original screw mount sizes, and the backplate fits without ek changing anything, then you wasted your time, their time, and everyone else that has had to read your posts.

I merely stated that ek has always used m3 screws and shouldn't change anything. You got mad like a little child. You started changing names and trying to act manly.. Kids are so darn cute when they get mad.

Now, again. If ek changed the screw sizes, then I will apologize. If the backplate fits because evga went back to the original screw size, you should apologize to EK for wasting their time. It's a fair deal, since only one of us would be doing anything.
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 17:58:02 (permalink)
Whos mad now? You just cant let it go can you. It was a joke dude you think I was really demanding an apology I could care less and I could care less
about who was right Im just happy that it worked out so that I (we) can use the stock backplate. Yeah I discovered that the screws are different
I had to find out the hard way as I was trying to install an EK-FC780 CLASSY waterblock that EK & PPCS said was compatible. As I said before I dont care how its done
I never asked them to change anything specifically I just mentioned a possibility, its not my place to request it be done a specific way thats not the point. I got what I wanted im happy
apparently your not cause all along you have fought it, you're so obsessed I wouldnt be surprised if you opened a ticket beggin them to not make it compatible.

Now you're saying Im wasting the readers time but this ridiculous discussion would have ended along time ago if you would have just let it go
but no you were so sure that it would NEVER happen with all your anecdotal experiences & reasons why I should ask evga to stop manufacturing & selling the
980ti kingpin and redesign the whole thing to fit a product that hasnt even been made yet (cause that makes alot of sense). 
And I also wasted EK's time too? Thats funny cause it doesnt feel like a waste of time feels like an accomplishment. Sorry you didnt get your way, pull your big
girl panties up and go find a worthy discussion cause this one ended with the response from EK I posted about 5 messages up 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/09/15 18:09:17 (permalink)
sdmf74
Whos mad now? You just cant let it go can you. It was a joke dude you think I was really demanding an apology I could care less and I could care less
about who was right Im just happy that it worked out so that I (we) can use the stock backplate. Yeah I discovered that the screws are different
I had to find out the hard way as I was trying to install an EK-FC780 CLASSY waterblock that EK & PPCS said was compatible. As I said before I dont care how its done
I never asked them to change anything specifically I just mentioned a possibility, its not my place to request it be done a specific way thats not the point. I got what I wanted im happy
apparently your not cause all along you have fought it, you're so obsessed I wouldnt be surprised if you opened a ticket beggin them to not make it compatible.

Now you're saying Im wasting the readers time but this ridiculous discussion would have ended along time ago if you would have just let it go
but no you were so sure that it would NEVER happen with all your anecdotal experiences & reasons why I should ask evga to stop manufacturing & selling the
980ti kingpin and redesign the whole thing to fit a product that hasnt even been made yet (cause that makes alot of sense). 
And I also wasted EK's time too? Thats funny cause it doesnt feel like a waste of time feels like an accomplishment. Sorry you didnt get your way, pull your big
girl panties up and go find a worthy discussion cause this one ended with the response from EK I posted about 5 messages up 

You could have "let it go" same as I could have, so we are both just as guilty as one another. 100%.

Ask ek what I sent them. I promise you I emailed them. I will send you the full transcript of if you want a good laugh.
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 00:22:35 (permalink)
Just to let you know: EK waterblock for KPE has finally been released!! :)
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 02:57:36 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Results are in..

Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws and washers, same as always.  Looks like EVGA changed the backplate, before you spent all that time asking EK to make their block compatible. You have your answer, and EK didn't change anything. Enjoy the blocks when you get them, they are on the store right now.

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc980-gtx-ti-classy-kpe-nickel

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc980-gtx-ti-classy-kpe-acetal-nickel 

It was nice of EVGA to make their backplate more compatible with future upgrades.  Thank you EVGA.   Thanks to EK for Testing and posting  that the backplate would fit with the mounting system they have always used, since they did not have to change screw sizes or anything.  :-)
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/10/01 03:15:39
deathlokke
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 123
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 07:45:16 (permalink)
Quite an interesting thread, thank you Scarlet-Tech and sdmf74. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 07:54:26 (permalink)
deathlokke
Quite an interesting thread, thank you Scarlet-Tech and sdmf74. 

LOL. Your welcome :-p
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 09:51:33 (permalink)
Always happy to entertain 
Scarlet-Tech
Scarlet-Tech

Results are in..

Block is mounted with enclosed M3x4 DIN7985 screws and washers, same as always.  Looks like EVGA changed the backplate, before you spent all that time asking EK to make their block compatible. You have your answer, and EK didn't change anything. Enjoy the blocks when you get them, they are on the store right now.

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc980-gtx-ti-classy-kpe-nickel

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-fc980-gtx-ti-classy-kpe-acetal-nickel 

It was nice of EVGA to make their backplate more compatible with future upgrades.  Thank you EVGA.   Thanks to EK for Testing and posting  that the backplate would fit with the mounting system they have always used, since they did not have to change screw sizes or anything.  :-)

Normally when elaborating on "results/facts" you dont follow up with "Looks Like"............blah blah.........
I have seen no confirmation that there is a Kingpin 980ti Version II with a modified backplate as you claim so what it "looks like" is EK may have used smaller standoffs on the 4-5
outer ones that will attach to the stock backplate which means they also would have machined smaller holes on their custom backplate but since they have not yet provided a photo
of their custom BP or said how many M3x4 DIN7985 screws are included with the WB this is just speculation as well.
I will know soon enough & let you guys know if interested so charlotte-tech doesnt get his panties in a bunch.(that is if someone doesnt beat me to it). 

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 10:45:00 (permalink)
Lol, you are an entertaining guy. Enjoy your block. So sad to see that you are still trying. ;-)

Funny that all your requests went to EK "to make the block compatible with the backplate..." yet EK changed nothing and the backplate miraculously worked. But what do I know..
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2015/10/01 10:47:10
sdmf74
Superclocked Member
Re: Is an EK-FC980ti Classy compatible with an EVGA GTX 780 Classified? 2015/10/01 16:36:59 (permalink)
I only made one request its quite simple actually, if you go to their website & click on support you can simply open a ticket with a subject, priority level & description
of your question/problem and they typically reply within a day. You should try it.... oh wait I forgot you did & they blew you off several times man im so sorry what ever you 
wanted must have been extremely unreasonable like your replies here. Here is some advice start small & be polite like I did I just asked if they would in some way
make the 980ti kingpin backplate compatible with the upcoming waterblock unlike the 980 kingpin backplate. Not sure yet how or why but it seems it is & thats great.
    Holy Crap! I just realized why you have been fighting me on this for weeks, being rude, dissin EVGA & askin EK to not oblige. You Own Four 980 Kingpins & the stock backplates are NOT compatible
with EK's waterblock . You have been trying to accomplish this for quite some time to no avail. Man sucks to be you but look on the bright side you can always sell your 4 980 kingpins for like 
half of what you payed for them & buy 4 980 TI kingpins and 4 EK-FC980 GTX Ti CLASSY KPE waterblocks & use the EVGA backplates. Problem Solved! And you'll save like $200 not having to buy 4 aftermarket backplates. I think you owe me a big thank you, Ill take that concurrent to your apology. 

Page: << < ..1112131415 > Showing page 14 of 15
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile